Rate/Fix My (BALANCED) Team

Hey Guys/Ladies - I would like to say first off that this team is my own and took some time to come up with the (IMO perfect )team so without further ado feel free to comment/rate/fix this team

Azelf: @ Focus Sash
Levitate
EV's: 252 Satk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Naive:+Spe-SDef (Trust me this WORKS)
Taunt
Stealth Rock
U-Turn
Flamethrower

This is my (Kick-A$$)Lead Azelf. After trying out T-wave over taunt I found out the hard way that getting trick scarfed onto a T-wave and giving up free switches and setups against pokes that are either immune, resist, or don't care to be paralyzed (DAMN YOU CURSE-LAX ><(!) that I needed to stop setups as much as possible or else this team wont survive after they've gone and setup on me and Taunt solves this issue. The EV spread in conjunction with the moves give me great coverage (I tried a STAB Psychic over flamethrower and you wouldn't believe how easy it is to be walled also The Naive nature lowers my S-Def instead of running Timid which lowers my ATK meaning that U-turn will hit anything that doesnt resist it for decent damage giving me some help to weaken my foe before I switch in

Togekiss: @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Spe, 4 SAtk
Timid:+Spe-Atk
Air Slash
Nasty Plot
Roost
Heal Bell

This Beautiful Pokemon (and my personal favorite) hands down is the reason I win most of my battles as being able to eat 2(-4 you'll see why later in the RMT) STAB Thunderbolts from both Zapdos and Raikou without boosts is no laughing matter...Well except when its you who's eating them. AS QUOTED FROM THE OFFICIAL SMOGON WEBSITE! "This is arguably one of the best Togekiss sets, taking advantage of most of its great qualities, including access to Nasty Plot, a decent defensive typing in conjunction with great defenses, and a dangerous weapon in the combination of Air Slash and Serene Grace. Another is the fact that Togekiss, as a Nasty Plot sweeper, defies the usual culture of Nasty Plot sweeping; instead of setting up with offensive sweeping in mind, this Togekiss aims to accumulate multiple boosts while staying comparatively healthy throughout the match"

Raikou: Leftovers
Pressure/(Volt Absorb for those of you who play in Dream World)
EV's: 128 HP, 76 Def, 52 SAtk, 252 Spe (You can play with the EV'S for SAtk and Def but the higher Def can eat EQ's and Earth Powers from un-STAB'd pokes and defensive Swampert like a CHAMP!)
Timid:+Spe,-Atk
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Ice)
Substitute

This Set attempts to set up using the standard Calm Mind set and help out Raikous Meager defenses with a Sub. Hidden power Ice is my counter to Dragons and Grass types who would otherwise wall Raikou while HP-Fire would seem like a good fit to hit steel types a STAB thunderbolt does enough damage anyway and behind a Sub with 1 or more CM's not much can stand in this guys way

Claydol: @ Light Clay
Levitate
EV's: 116 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk, 136 SDef,
Impish: +Def,-SAtk
Light Screen
Reflect
Earthquake
Rapid Spin

This pokemon here is the reason I said above that Togekiss could eat a max of 4 STAB T-Bolts or Ice Beams barring CRITS! (Espicailly with Roost) once I get up the Dual screens I take more damage from Stealth Rocks than most Pokemon could do without boosts. I love getting up the screens and once I do IT IS OVER. Raikou can sub and CM until the screens fade and blast off OHKO T-bolts or HP Ices on almost anything and Togekiss is a nighmare to anything it outspeeds because of the flinching ability of Air Slash/Serene Grace. The ability to clear away entry hazards while being immune to Spikes is just added fun and I swaped out Bold Nature and Earth Power for an Impish Nature and EQ which has a 10% higher base power and is also STAB. Keep in mind that the real reason for this Claydol is not fighting prowess but support to the team and to balance it out.(I originally had Choice scarf Hera in this Slot) While maintaining the ability to avoid having to Struggle when hit with Taunt

Darmanitan: @ Choice Scarf
Sheer Force
EV's 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Adamant:+Atk,-SAtk
Flare Blitz
Superpower
U-turn
Earthquake

Late Game Sweeper pretty much defines this handsome little guy! After Rocks and constant nasty plotted air slashes and CM'd T-bolts and HP's
nothing and I MEAN NOTHING can stop him even water types take massive damage from STAB Flare Blitz's backed by Sheer Force! EQ, U-Turn, and Superpower give him superb coverage as well as the ability to switch out when things look grim just to return later and wreak havoc although a bit of prediction is needed for using this guy I think its safe to say that it rarely even matters

Dusclops: @ Eviolite
Pressure
EV's: 252 HP, 176 Def, 80 SDef
Bold:+Def,-Atk
Will-O-Wisp
Toxic
Pain Split
Night Shade

What do I really need to say!? Theres a reason why people faint at the sight of a ghost and if you guessed Dusclops you were right! With Eviolite doubling its already massive defenses and making you scratch your head as to why Dusknoir even still exists. All you have to do is sit back and eat max HP/SAtk Chandelure STAB Shadow Balls and Pain Split off the damage. Or inflict misery on your opponents entire team with status' burning physical attackers only to see the switch into a SAtk'er to eat a Toxic or Pain split to recover preious damage is hilarious Night Shade is there to finish off the injured or deal some damgae to the healthy as well as preventing the use of struggle if taunted and if this guys is behind screens you might as well just forfeit because "their is nothing you can do to him that Castro hasnt already done "!! LOL

And if you've read this far I would like to thank you for reading FROSTEE's 1st ever RMT please attempt to fix or just comment and rate the team! C'ya

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I've got a few suggestions for your team.

Is Focus Sash really necessary on Azelf? I mean, what are you living? You could take a hit from Machamp or something while you set up Stealth Rock, but you could just as easily kill it and then set them up. Try out a Life Orb set, which will allow you to hit hard as well as set up Stealth Rock. All you have to do is change Leftovers to Life Orb, and change the moveset to Psyshock / Fire Blast / Grass Knot / Stealth Rock. Instead of just Taunting things like Swampert / Bronzong to stop them from setting up Stealth Rock, you can simply KO them instead, and proceed to set up Stealth Rock. You won't be able to win against Choice Scarf Darmanitan or Flygon, but they're about the only things you will not get Stealth Rock up against.

Eviolite doesn't double Dusclops's defenses.... js. Also, change its moveset to a RestTalk set. Just replace Toxic and Pain Split with Rest + Sleep Talk Like honestly, what does Dusclops do apart from block Rapid Spin, Will-o-Wisp and recover? Toxic does pretty much nothing for you, and you're far better off with reliable recovery instead, as having to rely on Pain Split to stay healthy is just dumb. With Rest and Sleep Talk, Dusclops can find it much easier to stay at higher HP, and continue doing its job of spinblocking / burning stuff / tanking every hit ever.

Good luck with the team, I hope I helped!

Hey, I've got a few suggestions for your team.

Is Focus Sash really necessary on Azelf? I mean, what are you living? You could take a hit from Machamp or something while you set up Stealth Rock, but you could just as easily kill it and then set them up. Try out a Life Orb set, which will allow you to hit hard as well as set up Stealth Rock. All you have to do is change Leftovers to Life Orb, and change the moveset to Psyshock / Fire Blast / Grass Knot / Stealth Rock. Instead of just Taunting things like Swampert / Bronzong to stop them from setting up Stealth Rock, you can simply KO them instead, and proceed to set up Stealth Rock. You won't be able to win against Choice Scarf Darmanitan or Flygon, but they're about the only things you will not get Stealth Rock up against.

Eviolite doesn't double Dusclops's defenses.... js. Also, change its moveset to a RestTalk set. Just replace Toxic and Pain Split with Rest + Sleep Talk Like honestly, what does Dusclops do apart from block Rapid Spin, Will-o-Wisp and recover? Toxic does pretty much nothing for you, and you're far better off with reliable recovery instead, as having to rely on Pain Split to stay healthy is just dumb. With Rest and Sleep Talk, Dusclops can find it much easier to stay at higher HP, and continue doing its job of spinblocking / burning stuff / tanking every hit ever.

Good luck with the team, I hope I helped!

I like the thought of the Orb's Azelf but against pokes like Smeargle and Aerodactyl, Taunt is crucial as it prohibits them from setting up, while blocking Ninjask from batton passing, and allows me a free move the next turn. The Rest/Talk Dusclops looses out to fire types who aren't worried about Will-O-Wisp or even worse can turn it into a boost (i.e Darmanitan Arcanine, and Heatran. The latter being in DW) which is why Toxic is there as a back up status inflicter. Thanks for your input and as always I will try out your choices before I make my final opinion. By the way what are your thoughts on removing the Claydol for a more sturdier Bronzong as my Dual Screen'er although I lose the ability to remove entry hazards

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well Aerodactyl outspeeds you and Ninjask can Protect, Sub, then KO you with X-Scissor, so you lose there anyway, but there's nothing stopping you from running Taunt on the Life Orb set.

You will wear Fire-types down with Stealth Rock, Night Shade, and their own Flare Blitz recoil. It'd be much better to be able to recover to full health against a Darmanitan using Flare Blitz than getting a small piece of HP and eventually dying (Flare Blitz will lower its HP, so you won't be recovering any time soon against it.). The only Fire-type worth hitting with Toxic is Arcanine, and he can't do much to your team anyway.

Also, if you're thinking of removing Claydol, I'd say replace it with Hitmontop, as it can still use Rapid Spin, but is also gives you an answer to dangerous Pokemon like Heracross. You can then simply change your Azelf set to a dual screen set, so you aren't missing out on them.

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic / Foresight
- Stone Edge

Azelf @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt / U-turn

Try it out, and see how it does

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)