Rain, the Baton Pass of the Fourth Generation [First RMT]

Hey guys, the new updates are finished and should be posted sometime this evening. I hope you guys enjoy the changes.

All right, team has been updated with changes suggested in the posts. Thanks again for the suggestions, and keep them coming.

Team is looking good. I threw out a bunch of ideas to you on IRC. I always wanted to try Toxic Spikes with Rain Dance, simply because the team is essentially 3 Sub Petaya Empoleons.

With Toxic Spikes, you pretty much clear out all your counters such as the bulky grass and water pokemon, Tyranitar, Blissey, etc.

Congrats on the 100 posts, and gl with the team! *gives it a Luvdisc*

Thanks for the luvdisc, Lizard. And for all of the suggestions. We'll have to build one from scratch together sometime with T-Spikes <3

You should run Flash Cannon over Water Pulse on Jirachi. FC hits Tyranitar hard so rachi can eliminate the weather threat nicely.

Good idea, Mostwanted, since I don't have AS many T-Tar checks now, that would be a good investment. Thanks again for the help.

As with all rain dance teams this is way too passive and destroyed by scarf Tyranitar.

Your Jirachi set doesn't compiment the team and I recomend changing it for a rain dance U-turn scizor. Helping with momentum and countering scarf tar.

Hey Howard, this team looks really great, I just thought I'd throw a quick idea out there. Maybe you could use a rain dance Roserade of some sort (either offensive or specially defensive, up to you), possibly over ludicolo. This would do a number of things that ludicolo can't do, whilst still providing a decent offensive threat, though you lose the ability to sweep.

For one, Roserade can absorb toxic spikes, meaning Kingdra/Kabutops will have a much easier time sweeping. Secondly, it allows you a way to "beat" certain problem pokes with sleep powder and stops it from being setup fodder for things like Dnite. Finally, it's a better check to leech seed shaymin than ludicolo, Roserades 4x resist to seed flare is much better than ludicolos neutrality, and HP fire in rain really won't be doing too much to it (HP ice will still hurt though) and Roserade has STAB sludge bomb to force it out.

The only problem I can see is that you lose a ground resist, which can be problematic. However, if you pair this with Bronzong (possibly over jirachi) you can fix a few holes in the team that this would create. For one you get a decent TTar switch in, especially scarf versions. It also does pretty well against Gengar too, which was a problem poke. But most importantly, it gives you a slight chance against Trick Room teams if they manage to get trick room up. Bronzong is usually one of, if not the slowest member of most trick room teams so not only will you "outspeed" them, but you can wall most of them with Bronzongs typing and waste their trick room turns.

Just a couple of ideas I had for the team, hope it helps and good luck with the team

You Kingdra's attack power increased by 5%, and this small difference in power, to provide the necessary 2HKOs Empoleon and Skarmory you, you have enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)