Quick Rate Subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone with quite some knowledge of the LC metagame, people often ask me: "can you rate my team?" when i'm busy doing other things. I usually don't have time for it, or not in the mood to try to convince them that duskull sucks. So I redirect them to the RMT forum. So far, everything is okay, but when i tell them they have to add descriptions, they either fail horribly or just decide it's not worth their time, which is a shame, because these people want their team rated but can't.

that's why I've been thinking if it wouldn't be nifty if we had a quick rate subforum of some sorts, where people can post raw importables of teams, without too much lines of description (or even none), and people could suggest improvements.

I figure this would mostly be used by newer players, and the RMT forum will keep it's function as a "look at my team it's so good" type of thing. (To be honest, I feel like the current RMT forum has two very distinct purposes, and it should be split in some way. My method might not be the best, but there are of course alternatives)

I hope you understand the problem i'm pointing at and appreciate my solution.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I get a lot of these 'plz rate my team' requests on PS and whilst yeah, it is frustrating for new users that they're struggling to get their team rated, it's actually really hard to rate them without seeing their thought process behind the team.
Therefore most of this forum will just be posting their teams with little thought behind them and no rater wanting to ever comment on them, and it will just be a dead forum. If players aren't good enough to add their reasoning for adding a Pokemon, chances are they've just lumped 6 random pokemon together and the team sucks. In this instance, we'd be better off redirecting these users to irc or mentor or b101, something else which will actually help them.

I agree with Corkscrew. The forum would be very inactive because it is frustrating and difficult to give a proper rate for just a pastebin. These people are better off asking for advice on IRC or simulator chatrooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)