Primal's Totally Original Art Thread

LifeisDANK

Bird Enthusiast
is a Top Artistis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
why havent i replied to this. love the shading on the painterly pieces with the reflective light! also a good self logo, im excited to see how the rest of this thread goes :>

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You have a way of drawing characters that makes them look so round and vibrant! Like the Clefairy and Bayleef(s) in your last post; love how round you've drawn them and how expressive they both are. Your shading work is really nice too; like some others have already said, you're able to give your drawings a smooth, but still painterly texture to them.

Your original lizard/dino/etc. characters are also really creative and nice to see!

You have a way of drawing characters that makes them look so round and vibrant! Like the Clefairy and Bayleef(s) in your last post; love how round you've drawn them and how expressive they both are. Your shading work is really nice too; like some others have already said, you're able to give your drawings a smooth, but still painterly texture to them.

Your original lizard/dino/etc. characters are also really creative and nice to see!
Thanks! I really like emphasizing shape and volume with my stuff, and I'm glad my shading has been getting positive responses ^^'
I only recently started to honestly get better with my coloring honestly and I hope I can continue to improve!

Just got power back after a nasty hurricane so unfortunately not a whole lot to share this time but I still have one or two things worth showing:

Miltank w notes.png

Usually, I'll do a couple of very quick sketches with a pose or two to feel out what shapes make up the design and how to properly render them at different angles, etc. as well as giving some very, very sloppy colors if I feel like messing around with it
Screenshot 2020-10-12 011912.png

Christmas present for a friend, still tweaking things like the composition and perspective but I think the main poses are solid so far

Screenshot 2020-10-12 012533.png

Bit of 'professional' work, got commissioned to design a little mascot for a local printing company. I was told to make it Neopets-esque and ended up having a lot of fun with it!

Screenshot 2020-10-12 013845.png

Some character concepts

Pokemon shirt.png
and finally to round things out, this is an oooooold piece I did for the local TCG team for when they went to regionals, was asked by the store owner/ team head to design them a shirt and to make it look 'kinda 90's' hence the heavy inking (which has not held up as well as I would've liked) and the grungey texture to everything

The fact that you were able to get anything resembling real shading and texture out of MS Paint is astounding to me. The glowy yellow lighting around the edges on the second piece is also really cool!

Love that Goodra, too!
Thanks a bunch! I was trying to demonstrate that you can make good art even with limited tools if you learn to work with them, I occasionally give pointers to people on Discord so it's handy having a teaching tool like that!

Hello hello, I've been quite busy lately with a full-time job and playing through the crow tundra the holidays fast approaching! I do have a couple of things worth noting however!
1603475756408.png

If anyone is active in the Smeargle server you might recognize this, my first attempt at drawing both Hatenna and Phantump! I ended up liking the sketch enough to start refining it so I could ink and color it for a proper Halloween piece!

1603477403813.png

Found a way to do colored sketches that's quick and aesthetically pleasing (to me anyway)

1603480924098.png

Almost done inking this piece, been making an honest attempt to improve my backgrounds and I'm nearly there!

1603481144981.png

1603481363815.png

And here are a couple of demonstrations I did to help someone understand how I handle drawing expressions on my characters

Also wanted to just say I am going to be opening up some limited sketch requests for a little while, feel free to PM me if you want a quick colored sketch! Keep requests within reason, no NSFW, max of two characters etc etc

Kaiju Bunny

♥・゚: * ̄(♡ㅅ♡❀) ̄
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art Leader
Good evening! It's clear you def have a fantastic grip on forms and emotions (most notably in your dinos!) and that doesn't even take into account your aesthetically pleasing lighting and shading. With all of this said, on behalf of the rest of Smeargle's Studio's Staff, we'd like to make you an official Approved Artist!

As an approved artist, you now have access to making art for Art for Social Media, Art for Articles, and The Flying Press!
Huge congrats, and keep up the excellent work! :psyglad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)