Primal Battle [Online Competition]

I came 6th in the world (I know Japan didn't participate, but it's still pretty good)! I am so happy with this result and I never dreamed I would ever finish nearly this high. This is will probably be my best moment in pokemon ever and it feels unreal. I remember my first competition was the dragon one just a few months ago and I came around 22000th and I was kind of depressed, but looking back it wasn't that surprising because I used Slaking (yes, I actually thought it was a good pokemon) but now I am 6th and it feels awesome.

Last edited:
I wish I cared about competitive when I was playing the story so I would have rerolled for a kyogre with not a naughty nature and bad SAtk and Spd IV's. I managed top 100 because I quit while I was ahead.

This is my second competition with no result listed on my competitions page. I have individual results again, but just - where my wins, losses and pts should be.

In the Pikachu Cup I used a Pokemon that had been traded to me so it was possibly hacked (selected the wrong Pikachu. Looked legit but I never brought it to battle anyway). This time I used my different PGL ID, a different game, and only used Pokemon that I SR for. I can't understand why I have no score.

Congratulations Brian! 6th place is amazing

I'm pissed off that I've missed THREE online competitions in a row due to real-life reasons. Since summer, I've visited my girlfriend 3 weekends, and they all just happened to be during a competition. How unlucky is that?

I thought I might as well show my team that I used on showdown. My score with it was something like ~35-3, more or less. It shows how I would've entered this competition if I had the chance.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
Level: 50
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Outspeeds max speed neutral 90s.

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Psychic
- Skill Swap
- Helping Hand

In combination with Kyogre, maybe my most interesting poke that crushed so many souls on PS. Outspeeds max speed neutral nature 90s by two points, and my own kyogre with one point. Icy wind was used a lot, with my primals in the back to wreck house.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moody
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Dark Void
- Icy Wind
- Encore

EVs and ability gives it a 1/3 chance to outspeed Kanga after spiky shield, or survive any of its attacks with a +def boost. Ice wind was great, andallowed my primals and mega to crush the opposition. (I used a technician during laddering btw)

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

That's right, fake out and protect. Very useful at different times, and fighting stab was les needed than normal due to the primals.

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Fake Out

Max speed to help against Kyogre + Ludicolo lead with cloud nine in the back.

Btw, I think it's a shame that obvious hacked pokemon were allowed. If the primal is shiny, then the IVs are probably gonna be hacked as well. Common sense. This is extremely unfair to all who are limited in their usage because they can't get the pokes in time. Personally, I looked for a timid cress everywhere without finding one (I couldn't even find the damn island in my game to SR myself) while others can have hacked a Brave 31/31/31/31/31/0 Groudon in no time. I completely disagree with those who think that "just because it is shiny doesn't give any advantage", because those fail to realise that probably 99,947 % of those have hacked IVs as well.

With Japan out of this, I think I could've had a real shot this time :/ Also very surprised that a team with absolutely no speed control finished 6th (congrats Brian!), although it appearently were very few players in this. I'll give the Spooky Cup a shot, I guess.

Not a bit surprised that Sejun did well again... that guy is rock solid. Looking forward to hear how other players placed, and what you guys encountered!

Last edited:
Well, I think I can consider this as having gone about as well as the last competition I entered - the Dragon Cup. Might have been better had I not had two disconnects because of the horrible internet at my new house, but I ended up finishing 9th in the UK and 158th in the world. As people have mentioned there were however many fewer entrants this time around. Still, I am pleased, and as usual glad my half-derp team stood up to the hacked legendaries and M-Kangas of the world (Skill-Swapping Parental Bond is hilarious btw).

PrimalTeam.JPG

GBRatingPrimal.JPG

WorldRatingPrimal.JPG

Also, does anyone know how ties are worked out, because the two guys above me are joint 156 and also on 1677 points. I'm guessing raw number of wins maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)