Gen 4 POWER (DPP Ubers)

POWER

Hello I'm Flatemo, DPP Ubers is the hardest gen to build for me and I want to improve at this tier more and more. This team isn't a perfect team and my main goal is to improve my teambuilding skills. The team's goal is to build around Scarf Dialga giving it a good late game clean. The name POWER is because of the great amount of damage from the spikes and Specs Kyogre

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

:dialga:

I started off with a Scarf Dialga set. Scarf Dialga looks really good with a lot of bulk while having better speed with Choice Scarf and as well as a really good typing with Dragon/Steel. Dialga usually just spams Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor making Steel Types a problem for it as well as Specially Defensive mons such as Ho-oh and Blissey.

:dialga::kyogre:

Dialga's next teammate is Specs Kyogre dealing a lot of damage to Blissey and one shots Ho-oh and Steels with a Specs Water Spout. The only Problem with Kyogre is how slow it is and it's easily outsped by the Lati twins and Scarf Palkia so I needed a check to them.

:dialga::kyogre::skarmory:

I had a lot of steels to choose from like Scizor, Jirachi, Forretress and many more but at the end I decided to use skarmory. Skarmory really helps against Rock Polish Groudon and with Rain it checks Overheat variants. Skarmory's spikes are also helpful for punishing switches.

:dialga::kyogre::skarmory::latias:

The team was really slow and I needed a Kyogre switch ins so I have the options to go Scarf Palkia, Latias or Latios. Latias was the pick because it can soft checks dragon with its huge Special Defense and checks while giving the team a setup sweeper. It also flies at hazards which is really cool.

:dialga::kyogre::skarmory::latias::giratina-origin:

I wanted to spike stack properly so a spinblocker would be a way to go. Giratina Origin is pretty much my only option as a spinblocker and its also really good having a priority move and also checks Lucario.

:tyranitar::dialga::kyogre::skarmory::latias::giratina-origin:

I didn't have a Stealth Rock setter so I chose Tyranitar. Tyranitar is pretty bulky that is survives the lead game and I the Lati twins are still really threatening so I chose Tyranitar over other suicide leads.

THE TEAM

:dp/tyranitar:

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Starting off with Lead Tyranitar, Tyranitar is used here over other leads because of the team's lack of switch ins against Dragons with Thunder and mainly how it can survive the lead game. Pursuit helps trap the Lati twins while still being bulky enough to take a few hits from them. The set I dedicated to check Non Chople Darkrai with Lum Berry and living a Focus Blast from Lead Darkrai and kills it with Superpower. Tyranitar haves a hard time against leads with Super Effective moves most notably lead Rayquaza with Brick Break.

:dp/dialga:

Dialga @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Scarf Dialga is the main Star of the team being able to revenge kill mons up to Deoxys-Attack Max speed and it also has decent bulk being able to live any neutral hits. Draco Meteor makes it able to deal a huge amount of damage to faster threats on offensive teams and the Fire Blast and Thunder hurts Steel types a lot no matter what the weather is. Dragon Pulse is its main STAB being able to clean late game once all of its checks are weakened. Dialga works well with Kyogre because of Kyogre's ability to deal a massive amount of damage to Blissey and checking the dangerous Ho-oh. Spikes support helps it get KOs on weakened steels to clean easier and Dialga is also good at forcing switches. Timid is used over Modest to outspeed Deoxys-Attack.

:dp/kyogre:

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Nobody wants to take a hit from Specs Kyogre because Water Spout 2HKOs Blissey with Rocks! Hazard Support helps Kyogre deal a bunch more damage to Scarf Palkia, Dialga and the Lati twins. Kyogre is the best mon here on forcing switches which helps rack up hazard damage to the opposing side. Kyogre's HP is precious so only switch it in on double switches or on a passive poke.

:dp/skarmory:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

Skarmory is the main defensive backbone of the team checking a lot of physical threats like Groudon, DD Rayquaza, Lucario and a few special attacking threats like Thunderless Lati@s. Spikes is a key factor for this team because of the team's ability to force switches like Scarf Palkia can't repeatedly switch in on Kyogre with all the hazards up and Steel types are usually grounded so all the hazards helps CM Latias and Scarf Dialga clean late game. When facing Groudon or Rayquaza, be sure to switch out in case they run Fire moves because the team get swept by Physical sweepers without Skarmory.

:dp/latias:

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 204 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Recover

Latias is a great here for its ability to check Kyogre, being a fast setup sweeper and being really bulky. I picked Latias over Latios or Skarf Palkia is because the team doesn't want to take huge hits from the powerful environment and Levitate helps it fly over the hazards. Latias may not be as powerful as Latios, but the spikes make her really powerful being able to 2HKO Jirachi at +1 with Stealth Rocks and 1 Spikes layer. Latias is also really fast by outspeeding non scarf Garchomp, Palkia, Dialga and Giratina.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 60 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak
- Thunder
- Earthquake

Giratina mainly works as a spinblocker in order to keep the hazards on the field. Draco Meteor can be used every time it switches in, Shadow Sneak is a great priority move that does well with it's low speed stat and great bulk being able to revenge kill the Lati twins, Mewtwo, Deoxys-Attack, opposing Giratinas and as well as picking off faster weakened threats and combined with Draco Meteor, it can repeatedly spam a high damage move and revenge killing them once they're in Shadow Sneak Range. Thunder is used over Hidden Power Fire is because of Kyogre's rain and to get the 30% Paralysis chance. Earthquake is used over outrage is to deal with the annoying steel types and Tyranitar.

LEAD MATCHUPS

:deoxys-speed:

Crunching it turn 1 is the way to go preventing it from ever laying hazards but Superpower or Colbur Variants beat Tyranitar.

:tyranitar::forretress:

Switch to Ogre

:darkrai:

Best possible matchup. Superpower one shots it and the TTar spread lives a Focus Blast.

:rayquaza:

Stay in and go for Rocks and hope they dont have Brick Break

:kyogre:

Tyranitar lives a max Special Attack Hydro Pump so setting up Rocks is the best option

:ho-oh:

Tyranitar always lives an Earthquake so go Rocks Turn 1

:froslass:

Crunch then it dies

:deoxys-attack:

Go Giratina, you don want to lose Stealth Rocks Turn 1

:tentacruel:

Rocks then go Giratina

THREATLIST

:rayquaza::salamence:

Rayquaza with a fire move is really annoying deal with and DD Ray destroys this team without Skarmory. Salamence does the same things as Rayquaza.

Dragons with Thunder :latias::latios::dialga::palkia:

Skarmory cannot take Thunderstrikes and the best way to deal with them is to attack first

:blissey:

The team's main way to deal with Blissey is to overwhelm it and lure it with Special Attacks and hazards but it is still a threat if you lose Skarmory

Mid Game Darkrai forces one of my team members completely disabled

TEAM PASTE

Your team does get worn down by rocks/spikes. Maybe you could add a spinner like tentacruel, which could add to the hazard stacking concept with toxic spikes. In addition, Giratina lead is better to deal with lead deoxys. You could set up rocks later on. (Or you could trap opposing Giratina on the switch in) Fire blast might also be weakened by Kyogre’s rain (small synergy problem). Please take this with a grain of salt since I am not exactly experienced (played this tier for a year+) besides that incredible team!

Your team does get worn down by rocks/spikes. Maybe you could add a spinner like tentacruel, which could add to the hazard stacking concept with toxic spikes. In addition, Giratina lead is better to deal with lead deoxys. You could set up rocks later on. (Or you could trap opposing Giratina on the switch in) Fire blast might also be weakened by Kyogre’s rain (small synergy problem). Please take this with a grain of salt since I am not exactly experienced (played this tier for a year+) besides that incredible team!
Giratina leads instantly loses to Darkrai leads, forcing me to change Kyogre to a Cro variant. I don't think my team needs a spinner because Kyogre is better used early on, Dialga won't switch in that often and I have 3 Spikes immune pokes. Also Giratina-O is really common so spinning is hard task

Giratina leads instantly loses to Darkrai leads, forcing me to change Kyogre to a Cro variant. I don't think my team needs a spinner because Kyogre is better used early on, Dialga won't switch in that often and I have 3 Spikes immune pokes. Also Giratina-O is really common so spinning is hard task
Lead darkrai could OHKO ttar with two focus blasts too though

POWER

Hello I'm Flatemo, DPP Ubers is the hardest gen to build for me and I want to improve at this tier more and more. This team isn't a perfect team and my main goal is to improve my teambuilding skills. The team's goal is to build around Scarf Dialga giving it a good late game clean. The name POWER is because of the great amount of damage from the spikes and Specs Kyogre

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

:dialga:

I started off with a Scarf Dialga set. Scarf Dialga looks really good with a lot of bulk while having better speed with Choice Scarf and as well as a really good typing with Dragon/Steel. Dialga usually just spams Dragon Pulse and Draco Meteor making Steel Types a problem for it as well as Specially Defensive mons such as Ho-oh and Blissey.

:dialga::kyogre:

Dialga's next teammate is Specs Kyogre dealing a lot of damage to Blissey and one shots Ho-oh and Steels with a Specs Water Spout. The only Problem with Kyogre is how slow it is and it's easily outsped by the Lati twins and Scarf Palkia so I needed a check to them.

:dialga::kyogre::skarmory:

I had a lot of steels to choose from like Scizor, Jirachi, Forretress and many more but at the end I decided to use skarmory. Skarmory really helps against Rock Polish Groudon and with Rain it checks Overheat variants. Skarmory's spikes are also helpful for punishing switches.

:dialga::kyogre::skarmory::latias:

The team was really slow and I needed a Kyogre switch ins so I have the options to go Scarf Palkia, Latias or Latios. Latias was the pick because it can soft checks dragon with its huge Special Defense and checks while giving the team a setup sweeper. It also flies at hazards which is really cool.

:dialga::kyogre::skarmory::latias::giratina-origin:

I wanted to spike stack properly so a spinblocker would be a way to go. Giratina Origin is pretty much my only option as a spinblocker and its also really good having a priority move and also checks Lucario.

I didn't have a Stealth Rock setter so I chose Tyranitar. Tyranitar is pretty bulky that is survives the lead game and I the Lati twins are still really threatening so I chose Tyranitar over other suicide leads.

THE TEAM

:dp/tyranitar:

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Starting off with Lead Tyranitar, Tyranitar is used here over other leads because of the team's lack of switch ins against Dragons with Thunder and mainly how it can survive the lead game. Pursuit helps trap the Lati twins while still being bulky enough to take a few hits from them. The set I dedicated to check Non Chople Darkrai with Lum Berry and living a Focus Blast from Lead Darkrai and kills it with Superpower. Tyranitar haves a hard time against leads with Super Effective moves most notably lead Rayquaza with Brick Break.

:dp/dialga:

Dialga @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Scarf Dialga is the main Star of the team being able to revenge kill mons up to Deoxys-Attack Max speed and it also has decent bulk being able to live any neutral hits. Draco Meteor makes it able to deal a huge amount of damage to faster threats on offensive teams and the Fire Blast and Thunder hurts Steel types a lot no matter what the weather is. Dragon Pulse is its main STAB being able to clean late game once all of its checks are weakened. Dialga works well with Kyogre because of Kyogre's ability to deal a massive amount of damage to Blissey and checking the dangerous Ho-oh. Spikes support helps it get KOs on weakened steels to clean easier and Dialga is also good at forcing switches. Timid is used over Modest to outspeed Deoxys-Attack.

:dp/kyogre:

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Nobody wants to take a hit from Specs Kyogre because Water Spout 2HKOs Blissey with Rocks! Hazard Support helps Kyogre deal a bunch more damage to Scarf Palkia, Dialga and the Lati twins. Kyogre is the best mon here on forcing switches which helps rack up hazard damage to the opposing side. Kyogre's HP is precious so only switch it in on double switches or on a passive poke.

:dp/skarmory:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

Skarmory is the main defensive backbone of the team checking a lot of physical threats like Groudon, DD Rayquaza, Lucario and a few special attacking threats like Thunderless Lati@s. Spikes is a key factor for this team because of the team's ability to force switches like Scarf Palkia can't repeatedly switch in on Kyogre with all the hazards up and Steel types are usually grounded so all the hazards helps CM Latias and Scarf Dialga clean late game. When facing Groudon or Rayquaza, be sure to switch out in case they run Fire moves because the team get swept by Physical sweepers without Skarmory.

:dp/latias:

Latias @ Soul Dew
EVs: 112 HP / 204 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Recover

Latias is a great here for its ability to check Kyogre, being a fast setup sweeper and being really bulky. I picked Latias over Latios or Skarf Palkia is because the team doesn't want to take huge hits from the powerful environment and Levitate helps it fly over the hazards. Latias may not be as powerful as Latios, but the spikes make her really powerful being able to 2HKO Jirachi at +1 with Stealth Rocks and 1 Spikes layer. Latias is also really fast by outspeeding non scarf Garchomp, Palkia, Dialga and Giratina.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 60 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak
- Thunder
- Earthquake

Giratina mainly works as a spinblocker in order to keep the hazards on the field. Draco Meteor can be used every time it switches in, Shadow Sneak is a great priority move that does well with it's low speed stat and great bulk being able to revenge kill the Lati twins, Mewtwo, Deoxys-Attack, opposing Giratinas and as well as picking off faster weakened threats and combined with Draco Meteor, it can repeatedly spam a high damage move and revenge killing them once they're in Shadow Sneak Range. Thunder is used over Hidden Power Fire is because of Kyogre's rain and to get the 30% Paralysis chance. Earthquake is used over outrage is to deal with the annoying steel types and Tyranitar.

LEAD MATCHUPS

:deoxys-speed:

Crunching it turn 1 is the way to go preventing it from ever laying hazards but Superpower or Colbur Variants beat Tyranitar.

:tyranitar::forretress:

Switch to Ogre

Best possible matchup. Superpower one shots it and the TTar spread lives a Focus Blast.

:rayquaza:

Stay in and go for Rocks and hope they dont have Brick Break

:kyogre:

Tyranitar lives a max Special Attack Hydro Pump so setting up Rocks is the best option

:ho-oh:

Tyranitar always lives an Earthquake so go Rocks Turn 1

:froslass:

Crunch then it dies

:deoxys-attack:

Go Giratina, you don want to lose Stealth Rocks Turn 1

:tentacruel:

Rocks then go Giratina

THREATLIST

:rayquaza::salamence:

Rayquaza with a fire move is really annoying deal with and DD Ray destroys this team without Skarmory. Salamence does the same things as Rayquaza.

Dragons with Thunder :latias::latios::dialga::palkia:

Skarmory cannot take Thunderstrikes and the best way to deal with them is to attack first

:blissey:

The team's main way to deal with Blissey is to overwhelm it and lure it with Special Attacks and hazards but it is still a threat if you lose Skarmory

Mid Game Darkrai forces one of my team members completely disabled

TEAM PASTE

Hi there! Pretty cool team tbh the structure is awesome featuring spikes stack+ogre potentially causing problems to many things in DPP easily. The Darkrai mu seems rlly rlly bad tbh u could improve it with sleep talk on dialga over dpulse. Since the team is featuring rain, even tho I realise the importance of fireblast to hit steels in here ngl aura sphere has its niche. U have spikes to bring jirachi/scizor into 2hko range of thunder. Aura sphere also has advantage on koing lucario which otherwise just seems to ko every mon on that team(if the set includes crunch which I think is p common and p good on lucario) in rain. Not to forget aura sphere 3hkoes heatran and opposing offensive dialga so that u won't need to spam dmeteors which can be taken advantage of to set up. Also not to forget modest nature on the ogre could help to deal extra damage as u have the best counter to opposing specs ogre anyway(latias), because idts u miss beating anything without timid timid is just prolly to tie with opposing ogre. That's it! I hope I helped u improve the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)