Post your searing hot takes

you know, now that you mention it, I recall a particular pokemon player complaining about how a game made for kids is easy.
The point i was trying to make wasn't "This game is easy" the point is "This fight is super easy despite being clearly set up to be hard." Anyone with a shred of competency would immediately realize "Hey, maybe I shouldn't give the final boss a tera rock glimmora in the back", they would think "I should have this really important final fight lead glimmora to punish switching around for type matchups and have the pokemon that benefits from having the rest of the team dead only come out after the team is dead". The fight would still be easy, on account of having such wonderful OU staples as veluza, gogoat, and avalugg (anything with fire-fighting coverage would sweep the entire fight), but it would look like the team had effort put into the most important fight in the game. I'm not complaining about the difficulty. The lack of difficulty is an example I used to show how little gamefreak cares about what they put out.

The point i was trying to make wasn't "This game is easy" the point is "This fight is super easy despite being clearly set up to be hard." Anyone with a shred of competency would immediately realize "Hey, maybe I shouldn't give the final boss a tera rock glimmora in the back", they would think "I should have this really important final fight lead glimmora to punish switching around for type matchups and have the pokemon that benefits from having the rest of the team dead only come out after the team is dead". The fight would still be easy, on account of having such wonderful OU staples as veluza, gogoat, and avalugg (anything with fire-fighting coverage would sweep the entire fight), but it would look like the team had effort put into the most important fight in the game. I'm not complaining about the difficulty. The lack of difficulty is an example I used to show how little gamefreak cares about what they put out.
glimora was the ace pokemon, and ace pokemon go in the back. also, bold to assume game freak knows the importance of hazzards, as basically all official tourneys are in doubles, a format where hazards are less important.

princess peach showtime is a bad game even if it's meant for kids, especially since it has no multiplayer which is a staple of baby games

for instance my younger brother has beaten only one pokemon game, LGPE, and my being able to hop in with local multiplayer helped with that

or the same developers made Kirby's Epic Yarn, also an extremely simple game but one that can be played together

glimora was the ace pokemon, and ace pokemon go in the back. also, bold to assume game freak knows the importance of hazzards, as basically all official tourneys are in doubles, a format where hazards are less important.
In the older games, it was pretty consistent that if the NPC had a hazard user, it would be in the lead slot. Off the top of my head, this includes Emerald Steven, BW Cheren, Wikstrom, Molayne, and USUM Giovanni. Geeta breaking that trend is fair criticism.

In the older games, it was pretty consistent that if the NPC had a hazard user, it would be in the lead slot. Off the top of my head, this includes Emerald Steven, BW Cheren, Wikstrom, Molayne, and USUM Giovanni. Geeta breaking that trend is fair criticism.
Plus, glimmora is a terrible ace anyways. Ace pokemon, especially champions, normally have some sense of rarity or strength. Pokemon like Cynthia's garchomp or Steven's metagross fit this bill perfectly. They also tend to be incredibly potent offensive mons. Glimmora is neither of those, but unfortunately there are ABSOLUTELY no members of geeta's team that fit this archetype. None at all. Not a single one. Definitely not.

So make the ace Pokémon not glimmora and something different? Also considering hdb was made I doubt gf is entirely unaware about hazard viability.

Plus, glimmora is a terrible ace anyways. Ace pokemon, especially champions, normally have some sense of rarity or strength. Pokemon like Cynthia's garchomp or Steven's metagross fit this bill perfectly. They also tend to be incredibly potent offensive mons. Glimmora is neither of those, but unfortunately there are ABSOLUTELY no members of geeta's team that fit this archetype. None at all. Not a single one. Definitely not.
1. Glimmet is extremely rare outside of Area Zero and you can’t access Area Zero at that point in the game so most people will have no idea of what a Glimmora is or is capable of

2. Glimmora has 130 base special attack??

there should be a "im afraid of any weather" lane, so the ppl afraid of snow, rain, wind, etc can have whatever and everyone else can just get to work or wherever else we made need be lol.
i dont even drive crazy but a lil rain dont mean we need 45 on the highway lol. snow? sure ofc but by god sometimes.... lol.

anyone who complains about rain has never lived on the coast or on a farm for a day in their life. they're always from some sheltered place like minnesota or spokane or something

anyone who complains about rain has never lived on the coast or on a farm for a day in their life. they're always from some sheltered place like minnesota or spokane or something
anyone who goes to Spokane instantly feels the wrath of all the weather in the world. that place scares me

An awful person making a great argument is infinitely worse than a good person making an awful argument

Like if Steve1989 said that Shrek 3 is a great movie, I mean I would be taken aback a bit, but I wouldn't mind. If Skydoesminecraft now made the argument that the original Puss in Boots had a great plot twist, man, I would be really, really bothered by that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)