Post your searing hot takes

i have no idea how friday night funkin got as popular as it did. its gameplay dosent seem that fun to play or watch, and the music is average at best. i dont think a single song from it would even make my top 1,000 video game songs.
You had to be there in 2021. The community was wildly talented and it was just a once in a lifetime thing. It was also just wonderful to ses new grounds revived

And the music slaps. You can't tell me M.I.L.F isn't good. Or Pico
i just listened to both those songs, and neither of them i would describe as slaping. milf is fine, and pico is ok i guess. the best song from the game that ive heard was ugh, and that was decently good, but the monotomony of the instements really cripples the songs.

Last edited:
i have no idea how friday night funkin got as popular as it did. its gameplay dosent seem that fun to play or watch, and the music is average at best. i dont think a single song from it would even make my top 1,000 video game songs.
You had to be there in 2021. The community was wildly talented and it was just a once in a lifetime thing. It was also just wonderful to ses new grounds revived

And the music slaps. You can't tell me M.I.L.F isn't good. Or Pico

Get fucked kids with allergies, some local dog thinks you don't deserve medicines
loooool as a super lil kid wont lie first time a friend told me "oh i cant eat peanut butter" cus i offered him a snack and he said "allergies" i was like "Damn, that sucks..... *eats the rest*" lmao

Hey, I was little, tf does a 7 year old know. I still feel bad for the homie cus Peanut Butter keeps me alive lmao.

Basset Hounds puppies are the GOAT puppies (lil everything but paws and ears) cus they'll get excited and run to you and step and trip on their own ears. If you don't think thats GOAT of Adorability than idk what is. lol

yes I'm bias having one (had a Cocker Spaniel as a kid, adorable too. he was super understanding of me being a wrestling kid and playfully hitting him with moves [ofc making sure i never actually hit him cus that's my buddy like the basset] as he sleeps and he'd pop up like "OH HAI FAUX HULK HOGAN MR. LEG DROP -kisses-" lmao

Italian unification was based
German unification was dumb. The reunification was fine but the first unification had absolutely horrendous consequences for the rest of Europe and for Germany itself
I am still pissed about the fourth crusade and the fall of Konstantinopel
European history is stupid and dumb and I regret having learned the history of this continent so throughoutly

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. They have greatly increased the life-expectancy of those of us who live in “advanced” countries, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling, have subjected human beings to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the Third World to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world. The continued development of technology will worsen the situation. It will certainly subject human beings to greater indignities and inflict greater damage on the natural world, it will probably lead to greater social disruption and psychological suffering, and it may lead to increased physical suffering even in “advanced” countries.

The industrial-technological system may survive or it may break down. If it survives, it MAY eventually achieve a low level of physical and psychological suffering, but only after passing through a long and very painful period of adjustment and only at the cost of permanently reducing human beings and many other living organisms to engineered products and mere cogs in the social machine. Furthermore, if the system survives, the consequences will be inevitable: There is no way of reforming or modifying the system so as to prevent it from depriving people of dignity and autonomy.

If the system breaks down the consequences will still be very painful. But the bigger the system grows the more disastrous the results of its breakdown will be, so if it is to break down it had best break down sooner rather than later.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. They have greatly increased the life-expectancy of those of us who live in “advanced” countries, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling, have subjected human beings to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the Third World to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world. The continued development of technology will worsen the situation. It will certainly subject human beings to greater indignities and inflict greater damage on the natural world, it will probably lead to greater social disruption and psychological suffering, and it may lead to increased physical suffering even in “advanced” countries.

The industrial-technological system may survive or it may break down. If it survives, it MAY eventually achieve a low level of physical and psychological suffering, but only after passing through a long and very painful period of adjustment and only at the cost of permanently reducing human beings and many other living organisms to engineered products and mere cogs in the social machine. Furthermore, if the system survives, the consequences will be inevitable: There is no way of reforming or modifying the system so as to prevent it from depriving people of dignity and autonomy.

If the system breaks down the consequences will still be very painful. But the bigger the system grows the more disastrous the results of its breakdown will be, so if it is to break down it had best break down sooner rather than later.
this but with the invention of agriculture^^

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
This post is going to be less of me posting any takes and more about me wondering why some of my takes I've had on Smogon have honestly just been kind of stupid. Maybe I'm dwelling on something that doesn't matter way too much (again), but I think there comes a point where I have to ask myself if I need to start putting more, quote, "actual thought" into some of my weird opinions. Some specific examples that come to mind include some takes I've posted about various generations of OU shoutouts to the one time I said with total seriousness that I though starmie was better gen 3 than tyranitar and within the past 24 hours when I thought it would be smart to post a thread elsewhere about me thinking there was a borderline conspiracy theory going on with Pokémon video game sales numbers. Like I said, I might be dwelling on things too much because, hey, it's the Internet, I do this a lot, but by and large, I feel like I need to ask for advice on how to actually give good takes and opinions. I want to feel like I can be a part of this community, but I don't want to make myself look or feel unintelligent, if that makes sense.

This isn't to say I'm ashamed of myself for having unique opinions; this is more about me wanting to teach myself posting discipline. See you guys in the foreseeable future with more extremely bad/weird takes because I apparently have the maturity of a child and refuse to take my own advice because I'm just that stubborn.

This post is going to be less of me posting any takes and more about me wondering why some of my takes I've had on Smogon have honestly just been kind of stupid. Maybe I'm dwelling on something that doesn't matter way too much (again), but I think there comes a point where I have to ask myself if I need to start putting more, quote, "actual thought" into some of my weird opinions. Some specific examples that come to mind include some takes I've posted about various generations of OU shoutouts to the one time I said with total seriousness that I though starmie was better gen 3 than tyranitar and within the past 24 hours when I thought it would be smart to post a thread elsewhere about me thinking there was a borderline conspiracy theory going on with Pokémon video game sales numbers. Like I said, I might be dwelling on things too much because, hey, it's the Internet, I do this a lot, but by and large, I feel like I need to ask for advice on how to actually give good takes and opinions. I want to feel like I can be a part of this community, but I don't want to make myself look or feel unintelligent, if that makes sense.

This isn't to say I'm ashamed of myself for having unique opinions; this is more about me wanting to teach myself posting discipline. See you guys in the foreseeable future with more extremely bad/weird takes because I apparently have the maturity of a child and refuse to take my own advice because I'm just that stubborn.
if it makes you feel any better your not alone. i have had some stupid opinions in my time
but murkrow being viable in natdex ubers is not one of them, and i will die on this hill
the important thing is to agnowlege when you say something stupid. if you dont, your future arguments will lose power, because people think you stand by your old stupid ones.

They have greatly increased the life-expectancy of those of us who live in “advanced” countries, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling, have subjected human beings to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the Third World to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world. The continued development of technology will worsen the situation. It will certainly subject human beings to greater indignities and inflict greater damage on the natural world, it will probably lead to greater social disruption and psychological suffering, and it may lead to increased physical suffering even in “advanced” countries.
1. it hasn't particularly increased the life-expectancy of people in first world countries.
1702036336517.png

The end of large wars, the invention of antibiotics, the appearnce of social welfare and, interestingly enough, decolonization have all greatly increased the life expectation of first world countries. Medicine and quality nutrition was available to common folk, healthcare and monetary funds were a lot easier to claim and people didn't need to travel to far away countries were they died en masse on the way there, contracted deadly diseases and died fighting innocent people for their masters have helped the people a lot more than the industrial revolution

2. People had to live in indignified circumstances even before industrialization. Most of human population across human history had to live as slaves, had to live in serfdom or as plebians since the agricultural revolution and the first civilations. Whilst some of them had it rather well under certain feudal lords that were "generous", most of them weren't treated or considered as humans, but as property, capital and resources. That goes for all civilizations. Look at roman law and what they did to their slaves, most of them coming from "advanced" civilizations that were claimed from warfare. The british empire, one of the greatest enslavers in human history, have also enslaved and violated the Irish and even enslaved British people. For example, the narrative that Australia was a prison continent falls apart when you hear about how Brits that stole a single apple for their starving families during famines were sent there and were basically enslaved their entire lifes

3. Physical suffering has come for all due to the revolution. The first and the second world war, the holocaust, the countless deaths from being overworked, poisoned, all the children that were forced inside mines and were killed by machinery...

I am saying all this because, whilst it's unfair how some of us are doing much better than others simply due to being born in richer countries, we shouldn't antagonize each other and understand how we all have suffering and brutality in our histories. We shouldn't go on each others throat for it, we should unite against our masters, understand what happened to our ancestors and what they have done themselves and learn from it for a more peaceful and liberated future. I think I see things this way because my parents are immigrants from a rather poor country and found their way into a rather wealthy country. I've seen both sides and how similar these are in many ways

If the industrial revolution was a mistake or not, I don't know. I think it was inevitable and almost all technological advancements have costed human lifes. The mistake was in how these advancements were abused by people in power to fill their wallets and increase their power instead of them being used for the wellbeing of all. And in how oil companies and governments knew in the 80s about what happened/happens to our nature due to these techological advancements and not doing anything about it, despite having the ressources for it

Local dog:
1. it hasn't particularly increased the life-expectancy of people in first world countries.
View attachment 577550
The end of large wars, the invention of antibiotics, the appearnce of social welfare and, interestingly enough, decolonization have all greatly increased the life expectation of first world countries. Medicine and quality nutrition was available to common folk, healthcare and monetary funds were a lot easier to claim and people didn't need to travel to far away countries were they died en masse on the way there, contracted deadly diseases and died fighting innocent people for their masters have helped the people a lot more than the industrial revolution

2. People had to live in indignified circumstances even before industrialization. Most of human population across human history had to live as slaves, had to live in serfdom or as plebians since the agricultural revolution and the first civilations. Whilst some of them had it rather well under certain feudal lords that were "generous", most of them weren't treated or considered as humans, but as property, capital and resources. That goes for all civilizations. Look at roman law and what they did to their slaves, most of them coming from "advanced" civilizations that were claimed from warfare. The british empire, one of the greatest enslavers in human history, have also enslaved and violated the Irish and even enslaved British people. For example, the narrative that Australia was a prison continent falls apart when you hear about how Brits that stole a single apple for their starving families during famines were sent there and were basically enslaved their entire lifes

3. Physical suffering has come for all due to the revolution. The first and the second world war, the holocaust, the countless deaths from being overworked, poisoned, all the children that were forced inside mines and were killed by machinery...

I am saying all this because, whilst it's unfair how some of us are doing much better than others simply due to being born in richer countries, we shouldn't antagonize each other and understand how we all have suffering and brutality in our histories. We shouldn't go on each others throat for it, we should unite against our masters, understand what happened to our ancestors and what they have done themselves and learn from it for a more peaceful and liberated future. I think I see things this way because my parents are immigrants from a rather poor country and found their way into a rather wealthy country. I've seen both sides and how similar these are in many ways

If the industrial revolution was a mistake or not, I don't know. I think it was inevitable and almost all technological advancements have costed human lifes. The mistake was in how these advancements were abused by people in power to fill their wallets and increase their power instead of them being used for the wellbeing of all. And in how oil companies and governments knew in the 80s about what happened/happens to our nature due to these techological advancements and not doing anything about it, despite having the ressources for it
Also local dog
Megan Fox isn't that hot
the duality of dog

Last edited:
Purple Coins by the Seaside from Sea Slide Galaxy is like a billion times worse than Luigi's Purple Coins from Toy Time Galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy 1.

In a game where for the most part (aside from a few other Purple Coin missions like Honeyhive, Freezeflame, and Beach Bowl) most Stars take like six minutes at worst, Purple Coins by the Seaside feels especially molasses and almost scientifically designed to be as slow as possible. Even with the other scavenger hunt ones, you can at least long jump for the most part.

Not so with Sea Slide Galaxy. You are forced to use the exceptionally slow Bee Mushroom (which I normally don't mind too much, one of my favorite levels is actually Honeyclimb Galaxy) to grab all the Purple Coins above the water, with NO semblance of speed whatsoever. Luigi's Purple Coins might be rough to a first timer, but at least that mission has some kinetic energy to it thanks to the the time limit. Purple Coins by the Seaside is practically guaranteed to take you a solid ten minutes due to how spaced out the coins are, and while you're unlikely to die in the game, you might die on the inside because it's so painfully dull. This wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't essentially make you scour the galaxy ALREADY in The Silver Stars of Sea Slide in the exact same game.

It sucks too because conceptually Sea Slide Galaxy is pretty cool and some of the other missions (rings, shadow race, and the penguin race) are fun and not needlessly stretched out. They could have had you race on a shell to get Purple Coins in a time limit, sure this galaxy already has like three fast movement stars, but it would have been a billion times more FUN. No other Purple Coin star in the game really uses shells much at all, and you'd still have Deep Dark for your exploratory water coins (Beach Bowl only has like, 5 in the actual main body of water).

I seriously do not understand why Purple Coins by the Seaside had to be so insufferably slow. Hands down my least favorite Star in Super Mario Galaxy 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)