Post new creative movesets/EV spreads here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Slowbro might get revenged killed by Garchomp and friends. I know it has a good base 100 Def, but it might not be enough to survive a CB Outrage. Basically any CB user with a SE attack might be a threat. Slowbro isn't going to outspeed many things with base 30 Speed. According to the analysis, however, a 6+ SpA Surf will do 63% to a Blissey. This means that that slowbro could easily destroy walls.

I suggest not using it as a lead because you won't know the opponents team. You should save until you eliminate faster threats. It has good potential to sweep, but you don't want it going to waste against a random Explosion.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Adamant CB Outrage vs 252/252 Slowbro = 55.84% - 65.48%
+6 Surf vs 0/0 Garchomp = 131.37% - 154.62%

The only thing he really needs to worry about being revenge killed by are CBHeracross, Breloom and maybe a few others. Not even CBTar can OHKO. Seems like a cool set, good job pickles.

I noticed that Absol has a lot of special moves available. So I'm curious.

AbSpecs
Modest/Timid @ Choice Specs
Super Luck
6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
-Dark Pulse
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power Fighting/Ground

Tons of type coverage and the surprise factor.

Seem like a good idea?

No not really. Barely tops 400 with Modest, and even then you're running with 75 Base Speed. I can't see that having any use in battle.

I noticed that Absol has a lot of special moves available. So I'm curious.

AbSpecs
Modest/Timid @ Choice Specs
Super Luck
6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
-Dark Pulse
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power Fighting/Ground

Tons of type coverage and the surprise factor.

Seem like a good idea?
Nidoking/queen outdoes absol in the special attacking department anyway.

Butterfree @ Focus Sash
252 ATK 252 sped
- Aerial Ace
- Uturn
- Return
- Psych Up

This is meant to stop dragon dancers. Come in while they dragon dance, then next turn use psych up to copy there stats. If they attack you'll survive with focus sash, and if they dragon dance again, you can copy their stats again if you want.

Butterfree @ Focus Sash
252 ATK 252 sped
- Aerial Ace
- Uturn
- Return
- Psych Up

This is meant to stop dragon dancers. Come in while they dragon dance, then next turn use psych up to copy there stats. If they attack you'll survive with focus sash, and if they dragon dance again, you can copy their stats again if you want.
hmmm. i like this. Im going to try it out on shoddy, ill give you credit by nicknaming it PaulMcCartny :naughty:

Butterfree @ Focus Sash
252 ATK 252 sped
- Aerial Ace
- Uturn
- Return
- Psych Up

Hmm, well, I see 2 problems with this set:

1) Butterfree will have trouble taking on dragons even stealing their dragon dance. Its base 45 attack will barely scratch dragonite or salamence, and they'll still outspeed butterfree.

2) So many other pokemon do this strategy better. Why did you choose Butterfree for this anyway?

Hmm, well, I see 2 problems with this set:

1) Butterfree will have trouble taking on dragons even stealing their dragon dance. Its base 45 attack will barely scratch dragonite or salamence, and they'll still outspeed butterfree.

2) So many other pokemon do this strategy better. Why did you choose Butterfree for this anyway?
surprise factor

Surprise factor doesn't matter when you're hitting them with unSTABbed Returns off of a puny little Attack stat. Besides, every single Dragon Dancer will outspeed you for the 2HKO, and Stealth Rocks shut it down completely.

I've been using this a little in Shoddy, and it's been working decently well for me.

pokemon: Macargo
name: Burn Inflictor
move 1: Flamethrower
move 2: Recover/Endure
move 3: Reflect/Light Screen
move 4: Ancient Power
item: light clay
ability:Flame Body
nature(s): Bold
evs: ordered in 252/0/252/6/0/0

I've been using this for OU for a week, it works fairly well. Switch it in on any physical flying, normal, fire, and ice attacks, like brave bird or ice punch. If the attacking poke is not of the firing typing or of the water veil ability, they'll have a 30% chance of getting burnt. Counters many flying types and fire types. The biggest surprise is when you switch this in on a Garchomp fire fang, and Garchomp gets burnt. Hard to use, but very nice rewards. Some EVs in defense could move to special attack. Recover is to get back HP whenever you can, so you can switch in on attacks later. Endure is to allow you to survive a physical hit, hope for a burn, or switch out, and try to endure another physical attack later.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've been using this a little in Shoddy, and it's been working decently well for me.

pokemon: Macargo
name: Burn Inflictor
move 1: Flamethrower
move 2: Recover/Endure
move 3: Reflect/Light Screen
move 4: Ancient Power
item: light clay
ability:Flame Body
nature(s): Bold
evs: ordered in 252/0/252/6/0/0

I've been using this for OU for a week, it works fairly well. Switch it in on any physical flying, normal, fire, and ice attacks, like brave bird or ice punch. If the attacking poke is not of the firing typing or of the water veil ability, they'll have a 30% chance of getting burnt. Counters many flying types and fire types. The biggest surprise is when you switch this in on a Garchomp fire fang, and Garchomp gets burnt. Hard to use, but very nice rewards. Some EVs in defense could move to special attack. Recover is to get back HP whenever you can, so you can switch in on attacks later. Endure is to allow you to survive a physical hit, hope for a burn, or switch out, and try to endure another physical attack later.
I've given Magcargo a try in OU before, so I can give you a bit of advice here.

Lava Plume is a must over Flamethrower. Magcargo is not going to be doing much damage anyway, and since you're trying to increase the chance of Burning with Flame Body and stuff, you can add another 30% burn chance by using Lava Plume. It works very well considering you don't have Will-O-Wisp on this set, so it gives Magcargo a better chance to support the team.

Do not ever use Endure on Magcargo. Seriously, it really needs Recover very badly, otherwise it has only a 30% chance of doing something, and a 70% chance of doing nothing. Recover at least lets it abuse its good resistances to some extent. It also allows it to wall on both sides when Sandstorm is up, because Magcargo's Special Defense gets a huge boost in that. You might even want to consider throwing in some Special Defense EVs, but I suppose that if you have Light Screen already, then you don't need Special Defense EVs. I'd highly recommend Light Screen over Reflect for that reason.

To be perfectly honest, AncientPower is an awful move on Magcargo. Sure, it gets STAB, but with 8 PP, and only 60 BP, there are a lot of unSTAB moves that are even stronger than it. For instance, Earth Power, which is better in almost every way, besides the possible haxy boosts, that really do not help Magcargo anyway. I personally wouldn't even recommend using Earth Power though. I'd recommend using Yawn in that slot, which, in my opinion, is a must on every Magcargo being used in OU. It helps him support the team so much, and it can also prevent him from dying horribly to a threatening opponent that wants to come in and capitalize on one of Magcargo's weaknesses, since they'll either have to switch out, or fall asleep next turn. While those things are switching out, it also gives him some time to use Recover, or set up a screen, which is even more support.

Finally, I'd recommend using Leftovers over Light Clay. Magcargo may not be able to find the time to use Recover due to 25% stripped off due to Stealth Rock damage right when he comes in, but if he can't use that, he can at least get some healing from Leftovers to turn many of the 2HKOs against him into 3HKOs, which he can then shrug off easily.

Yeah, that's what I have to say on it, since I've loved using Magcargo in OU for a long time, so props for using him. :]

I've given Magcargo a try in OU before, so I can give you a bit of advice here.

Lava Plume is a must over Flamethrower. Magcargo is not going to be doing much damage anyway, and since you're trying to increase the chance of Burning with Flame Body and stuff, you can add another 30% burn chance by using Lava Plume. It works very well considering you don't have Will-O-Wisp on this set, so it gives Magcargo a better chance to support the team.

- I don't see any use in will-o-wisp for macargo, since other fire types use it much better. I do see the potential in lava plume though.

Do not ever use Endure on Magcargo. Seriously, it really needs Recover very badly, otherwise it has only a 30% chance of doing something, and a 70% chance of doing nothing. Recover at least lets it abuse its good resistances to some extent. It also allows it to wall on both sides when Sandstorm is up, because Magcargo's Special Defense gets a huge boost in that. You might even want to consider throwing in some Special Defense EVs, but I suppose that if you have Light Screen already, then you don't need Special Defense EVs. I'd highly recommend Light Screen over Reflect for that reason.

- I myself never used endure on Magcargo(I've only tested Recover). I just wanted to see the response, since it can be an option. Even after it's used, if you can switch in safely, without rocks or spikes, you can endure attack after attack. Obviously, this is extremely difficult to accomplish, but I just thought it could be an option. And I see little utility in special defense EVs, since this magcargo is supposed to almost exclusively switch in on physical attacks, or special attacks that don't scratch it at all. Light screen is if you lack special attack absorbers in your team, but I've been using Reflect to boost Magcargo's ability to switch into physical attacks.

To be perfectly honest, AncientPower is an awful move on Magcargo. Sure, it gets STAB, but with 8 PP, and only 60 BP, there are a lot of unSTAB moves that are even stronger than it. For instance, Earth Power, which is better in almost every way, besides the possible haxy boosts, that really do not help Magcargo anyway. I personally wouldn't even recommend using Earth Power though. I'd recommend using Yawn in that slot, which, in my opinion, is a must on every Magcargo being used in OU. It helps him support the team so much, and it can also prevent him from dying horribly to a threatening opponent that wants to come in and capitalize on one of Magcargo's weaknesses, since they'll either have to switch out, or fall asleep next turn. While those things are switching out, it also gives him some time to use Recover, or set up a screen, which is even more support.

- Yawn is an option, but it could do down instantly if the opponent decides not to switch. So, I've been switching this magcargo in and out alot, pairing it up with another rarely used poke, Parasect! :D *Rapid spinner needed* Rather than sleeping in coming water types, I'd capitalize on their water attacks, healing parasect. Rock and Fire is rare but useful combination, and magcargo is the only poke to get the double stab. Camerupt uses Earth power better.

Finally, I'd recommend using Leftovers over Light Clay. Magcargo may not be able to find the time to use Recover due to 25% stripped off due to Stealth Rock damage right when he comes in, but if he can't use that, he can at least get some healing from Leftovers to turn many of the 2HKOs against him into 3HKOs, which he can then shrug off easily.

- I personally find 6% way too middling to really help. But it could be a second option.

Yeah, that's what I have to say on it, since I've loved using Magcargo in OU for a long time, so props for using him. :]
-Thanks for your thoughts.

Just battled someone who used a banette. I was levelling my own banette up after and thought of this gem (though I admit, someone probably thought of it first):

Banette (insomnia) with focus sash
252 atk, 252 speed and 4 HP, Adamant nature

Screech
pursuit
Shadow sneak
Taunt/WoW

I sincerely doubt the number one lead in OU right now (Bronzong) would appreciate this guy very much as a lead on the opposing team. Taunt is for shutting down set ups, screech/pursuit combo is obvious and shadow sneak is for filler. WoW is incase you want to use it in UU. Focus sash ensures you get the screech off and can at the very least then shadow sneak them the next turn.

Yay or nay?

This isn't in the "standard" sets so i thought I'd post a lucario designed to take out pokemon in the late game and some standard walls that look like a pink whore and a flying bat. Of course it needs residual damage to be effective (SR, Spikes) just because it doesn't have as much firepower as the other sets would.

name: mixcario, same name scheme as mixape
move 1: Close Combat
move 2: Hidden Power (Ice)
move 3: Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
move 4: Vacuum Wave
item: Life Orb
ability: Inner Focus
nature(s): Mild (+SpA/-Def) or Rash (+SpA/-SpD)
evs: 84 Atk/ 252SpA/ 160 Spe the remaining 12 can be put in either Atk, Def, or SpD, depending on what nature you choose or if you desire some more "umph" on close combat

--more on the EVs, 160Spe EVs gives you 256, which outspeeds Blastoise, but you can drop 12 more EVs if you wish to beat out a modest heatran and dont care about blastoise.

84 EVs guarantees a KO on Blissey with Close Combat. Other than that, more attack can be used of course to kill more threats.

Screech
pursuit
Shadow sneak
Taunt/WoW
I've been using that set for awhile now, but it simply doesn't work in OU. Shadow Sneak does bupkis to bronzong even after a screech. You're taunting then running most of the time, and then he becomes sac fodder.

It's freakin awesome in UU though.

Just battled someone who used a banette. I was levelling my own banette up after and thought of this gem (though I admit, someone probably thought of it first):

Screech
pursuit
Shadow sneak
Taunt/WoW

I sincerely doubt the number one lead in OU right now (Bronzong) would appreciate this guy very much as a lead on the opposing team. Taunt is for shutting down set ups, screech/pursuit combo is obvious and shadow sneak is for filler. WoW is incase you want to use it in UU. Focus sash ensures you get the screech off and can at the very least then shadow sneak them the next turn.

Yay or nay?
why run speed at all, just makes gyro ball hurt and you're not outspeeding shit anyways. just like 48 speed to taunt skarm if anything

Butterfree @ Focus Sash
252 ATK 252 sped
- Aerial Ace
- Uturn
- Return
- Psych Up

hmmm. i like this. Im going to try it out on shoddy, ill give you credit by nicknaming it PaulMcCartny :naughty:
thanks, Hey! wait a minute I know you, your Lavell Crawford!
just for the slow people out there, these two users are either

1) the same person trolling
2) two friends trolling

I have been using a CB Banette for a while now in response to all the Hypnosis leads. I was actually going to start a thread about how each Insomnia Pokemon could work as a lead in the OU metagame but it was too much work. Anyways

Banette @ Choice Band
Ability: Insomia
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 atk 252 spe
-Trick
-Shadow Sneak
-Body Slam
-WoW

Trick onto Bronzong leads, Shadow Sneak Gengars and Azlefs. Body Slam is there because of a terrible move pool and a last ditch effort to get a paralysis before dying. WoW is always a great move and is usually used after tricking the CB. After using if for about a month now I can say its pretty hit or miss. Against the aforementioned leads it will usually come out on top, but against some of the other common leads (namely Salamence and Gyarados) it really can't do anything.

Well, it isn't too creative, but it isn't on the analysis and I run it sometimes so...

Pokemon: Crobat
name: LOBat
move 1: Hypnosis
move 2: Brave Bird
move 3: Pursuit
move 4: U-turn
item: Life Orb
ability: Inner Focus
nature(s): Jolly/Adamant
evs: 252atk/252spd/4hp

Bring this in on one of its 4x resists or EQ. Or start with it. Doesn't provide much coverage but with some good resistances can rip shit up. If it can't then can put in a quick sleep and U-turn to run away.
i like my crobats jolly, i always feel that otherwise you dont beat azelf. But for mainly my knowledge, but i might as well share it here are some damage calcs:

Damage versus azelf (4HP/min Def): jolly Crobat
Pursuit-no switch: 46.7%-54.8% (averages 50.6%)
Pursuit-switch: 91.6%-108% (51.2% for OHKO)
U-turn: 80.5%-94.6%

Adamant Crobat
Pursuit-no switch: 50.6%-59.8%
Pursuit-switch: OHKO (262 minimum damage)
U-turn: 88.1%-103.4% (22.5% for OHKO)

So at the cost of outspeeding azelf, you do gain the ability to 2HKO no matter what with pursuit. However i still find jolly to be mroe useful because outspeeding stuff like weavile and starmie can be pretty useful.

Let's try to make a crappy Eeveelution semi-decent..
It's a trap! I call it Booster

Flareon @ Zoom Lens/ Wide Lens/Leftovers/ Shuca Berry
Evs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Def/ 4 Def
Calm Nature
~ Fire Spin
~ Toxic/ Fire Blast
~ Will-o-wisp
~ Baton Pass

Zoom lens is preferred here as Flareon is pretty slow and the moves its gonna be using have low accuracy. Any of the other items are viable choices though. Evs let it take a special hit and live. Fire Spin is there for the psuedo Trap. If you trap something that can't hurt you or is slower, proceed to Baton Pass to a counter. If you trap something on the switch, you get a free switch-in to a counter. Toxic is there for predicted Bulky waters and Will-o-wisp to cripple Physical threats.

This set is kinda gimmicky but seems like a decent support option.

Deoxys-e @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Psycho Boost
- Shadow Ball

It's very likely that this has already been thought of; something as fast as Deoxys-s would obviously work well with specs. It's not on the movedex though, so I guess it's ok to post it here(if it hasn't been already).

This set is a revenge killer - for almost anything. Psycho Boost is a good choice for a powerful hit-and-run move -(ex. 84% - 98% on minHP/minSDef Gyarados, it probably has already lost enough hp to ohko by Stealth Rock or Life Orb).

It can even revenge kill opposing Deoxys-s with SBall since most don't have max speed(504). The only things that I can think of right now that outspeed this are Scarfvile and +speed nature ScarfGar.

The rest are fillers. Focus Blast steel/normal/rock/dark/ice types. Ice Beam is mainly for Garchomp. (Psycho Boost has only a chance of ohkoing minHP/minSDef Garchomp, though if it has Yache Berry you'll want to use Psycho Boost).

Remember that neutral Psycho Boost does more damage(210 bp including stab) than 2x Ice Beam and 2x Shadow Ball (both 95 bp)

Qzahk, I tried both Choice Band and Choice Specs for Deoxys-s and they aren't really good. The extra power isn't enough to make up for the loss of versatility. Deoxys is so popular with Life Orb becuase its a great revenger killer and it has amazing coverage. Choice Items just limit Deoxys-s imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)