Poseidon's Wrath

Poseidon's Wrath Team OU DPP

Ok guys, this is my first thread at RMT, I'm not a pro at Pokemon, but I know the basics at least. (I think)
I'm at the battle tutor program, but since it did not started yet, I thought of putting the best team I've made until now for u guys to give me some tips. I always take a look at smogon movesets and strategys, but at most I try to make my own teams and movesets. :)

And if somehow I did something wrong in the method of creating the topic, please tell me and I'll try to fix it right away.
Well, here goes:

LEAD:

Roserade (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Toxic Spikes

First I was with Azelf lead, with, if I remember well, Taunt, Explosion, Stealth rock and Rain Dance+Damp Rock, it was working really well, but since I did not had a Pokemon with reliable grass moves, Roserade was my choice.
Now, to the moves:
For Obvious reasons I choose Sleep Powder on my lead. I can shut down for a while foes that can be a threat to my team, and if I think theres a good opportunity, can even start powdering the enemys lead and get a chance to set up Toxic Spikes. Curiously, when the enemys lead are a threat to my Roserade (examble would be Azelf, Heatran, Jirachi) I almost always put then to sleep. I should stop doing that, but oh well...
I tried Rain dance combo with Damp Rock, but it wans't very effective because most of time my Roserade was getting OHKO at the very start. It's really rare when I set up rain with her, so I think I should replace with something else, just can't think of something...
Leaf Storm for the likes that get 2x/4x dmg, and Toxic Spikes for the basic stall, I'd rather use Spikes, but anyways...

SPECIALLY DEFENSIVE

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 56 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Eletric]
- Surf

With this set I can wall many things (lately some Togekiss and Skarmony), while I kill them with Ice Beam/ HP.
Using Recover I have just enough sustain together with this ev spreads.
Surf for the most reliable stab.
Nothing new here, sadly.

SPECIAL SWEEPER (I guess so)

Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Yawn
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball

One of the cores of my team. Well, I call him one of the cores because of the perfect sinergy with my Kingdra, the ev's are placed so I can get a clean kill with DD +1 Gyarados and hit the likes of Dragonite, Salamence, etc.
Substitute for times I'm sure they're gonna switch, or right after a Yawn, so I can protect myself if I'm not outspeed by the enemy. Lately it inst working rlly well, must be me with a bad timing.
Shadow ball for kill Rotom, and Psychics ones. I'm not really sure about using Shadow Ball so any other suggestion would be welcome.

REVENGE KILLER

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

My Scizor is there for the mainstream role of revenge killer. After I open holes in the other team with My Kingdra and Jolteon, my Scizor switch-in and get all the kills he wants (or can...).
U-Turn for the stab against Psychics, Grass, etc. I guess all the moves are self explanatory.

DEF TANK

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SDef
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I've been switching alot my tank lately, I've been through Snorlax, Flygon, Swampert. But time goes and I came back to Gliscor, he was in my first team but I couldnt use him well, so switched, but now he's back and forth!
I use him to tank Heatrans and some pokemons I know my gliscor wont die for the stab.
With Roost I can heal and let them die by the poison another teammate of mine gave to the enemy. Earthquake kills Magnezone, Tyranitar and etc. With stone edge I can kill the fucking birds without taking too much dmg (except Articuno). Stealtch rock=mainstream.

AND FINALLY, MY MAIN CORE

Kingdra (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Rain Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall

This beauty of the seas are the main core of my team. When I find an opening I switch to him, DD (rain dance sometimes if needded) and rip alot of holes with a powerfull STAB Waterfall and Outrage.
I don't try to keep him alive at all costs, maybe thats my mistake, I Outrage till death to take with me as many enemys as possible.

That's my first competitive OU team guys. Any help and tip would be appreciated! :D

Obs: Sorry for my bad english. Not my native language.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
This team is better than the vast majority of teams that get posted on this section of the forum, but there are still some improvements that can be made.

First off, Jolteon could use a different set. I have the best experience with the run-of-the-mill Choice Specs Jolteon. Same exact EV spread and nature you already have on Jolteon, but use Choice Specs and a moveset of Thunderbolt, Baton Pass, HP Ice/Grass (most people use Grass to handle Swampert, but Swampert isn't as common anymore so Ice has a bit more merit), and Shadow Ball. So, I'd recommend you'd use that because it is the best set Jolteon can use in this metagame.

This team isn't a stall team, so I believe using a Spikes set on Roserade over its current set would be better for the team. You lose Sleep Powder, but I think the pros outweigh the cons.

Vaporeon should be running this:

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Surf
- Protect

Vaporeon's Defense stat isn't that great, so as a wish-passer, it absolutely needs heavy investment in Defense. You should always use HP Electric instead of Toxic, as this will let you take care of Gyarados (Jolteon won't always be a reliable check to Gyarados). You may still have trouble with Dragonite, however. If you run into too much trouble with Dragonite, I'd just ditch Wish-passing entirely and run a Milotic over Vaporeon. I'll recommend a Milotic set if you decide to use it instead.

The following are really small changes, but I believe they'll help. CB Scizor really needs to be running U-turn over Bug Bite; There's no reason to use Bug Bite, and STAB U-turn while having SR neutrality is one of Scizor's biggest selling points. Also, I really think Gliscor needs Taunt, as this will help against stall teams. Taunt > Stone Edge would be a good idea. Finally, I think Kingdra's ChestoRest set would be better instead of double dance. I just don't believe your team has much use for Rain Dance. Right now I'm incredibly lazy, so the ChestoRest set is Kingdra's first set on-site on its DPP OU analysis.

Hope this helped. Have fun!

Hey, I made most of the changes you said. First, running Milotic over Vaporeon went better than I thought, really powerful wall.
Scizor with U-turn and evs into atk and speed obviously seen better, dun know what I was thinking.
As for Gliscor, Taunt with that ev spread would be useful? Since I was not sure, I was thinking into switching his set to something like this:

Gliscor
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Spd

- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic

Or maybe running a Breloom main set over my Gliscor, since with the Rain Dance strategy Gliscor are sometines easily taken out. (opnions here would be helpful)

But since I don't wanna give up into the Rain Dance Strategy, I thought of running a Jirachi lead over Roserade (Water Pulse, Trick, S. Rock, Rain Dance), didn't tried out yet anyway, just saying.

About Kingdra, saying Im giving up on dual dances, the set with Draco Meteor, Hydro Pump wouldn't be better than ChestoRest?

Thanks again! And I'm really sorry about my poor english =[

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)