Pokemon: The New First Gen (Submissions for new Pokemon Over, Except costumes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool thread, I stopped by to ckeck it out right now and it looks quite interesting, as I've read in the first post, you need fossils, right? Here's my attempt :]

Stegross
Stegosaur + Gross

Type 1: Rock
Type 2: Poison

Ability 1: Poison Touch
Ability 2: Weak Armor
Hidden Ability: Corrosion

HP: 36
Atk: 80
Def: 70
SpA: 15
SpD: 60
Spe: 9
BST: 300

Notable Moves: Gunk Shot, Stone Edge, Stealth Rocks, Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Rapid Spin, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Toxic, Slack Off, Roar

Design Conecept: Based on Stegosaurus, obviously, but spits poison from its mouth. It has almost like a spiky, toxic club on the end of its tail, and has a armor made of bones. It looks very small and innoffensive

Evolves by leveling up with Gunk Shot.

Stegunk
Stegosaur + Gunk

Ability 1: Stamina

HP: 79
Atk: 130
Def: 120
SpA: 45
SpD: 105
Spe: 41
BST: 520

Notable Moves: Gunk Shot, Stone Edge, Stealth Rocks, Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Rapid Spin, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Toxic, Slack Off, Roar

Design Conecept: Based on Stegosaurus, obviously, but spits poison from its mouth. It has almost like a spiky, toxic club on the end of its tail, and has a armor made of bones. This Pokemon is very large and intimidating, it has stone toxic spikes growing from its back too.

Competitive Analysis: Hits very hard with 135 Base Attack and is quite tanky. Has SR and Rapid Spin support too, and also can recover its HP with Slack Off, low speed, tons of weaknesses and its relative fragility on the special side hurt Stegunk though. The ability to poison Steel and opposing Poison-Types is very interesting as well, as this is a very bulky mon, and a better user than Salazzle.

Velectro
Velociraptor + Electro

Type 2: Electric

Ability 1: Static
Ability 2: Petrifying Touch (This Pokemon's moves have a 30% chance to paralyze on top of their original chance)
Hidden Ability: Galvanize

SpD: 15
Spe: 54

Notable Moves: Wild Charge, Stone Edge, Head Smash, Earthquake, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Volt Switch, Taunt, Knock Off, Magnet Rise, Return (Galvanize), Stealth Rocks, Dragon Tail

Design Conecept: This Pokemon is based on a Velociraptor, and has what seems to be a plug at the very end of its tail. Its said to be the Pokemon that introduced Electricity to humans. This Pokemon is also tiny and very quick.

Evolves by leveling up with Wild Charge

Veloshock
Velociraptor + Shock

Ability 1: Rock Head
Ability 2: Petrifying Touch (This Pokemon's moves have a 30% chance to paralyze on top of their original chance)

Atk: 130
Def: 120
SpA: 45
SpD: 45
Spe: 101
BST: 520

Notable Moves: Wild Charge, Stone Edge, Head Smash, Earthquake, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Volt Switch, Taunt, Knock Off, Magnet Rise, Return (Galvanize), Stealth Rocks, Dragon Tail

Design Conecept: This Pokemon is based on a Velociraptor, and has what seems to be a plug at the very end of its tail. Its said to be the Pokemon that introduced Electricity to humans. This Pokemon is also very tall and very quick.

Competitive Analysis: Just outspeeding the crowded base 101 Speed Tier, Veloschock is a huge threat because of its high attack stat and two amazing abilities on Galvanize or Petrifying Touch. Rock + Electric is quite a bad typing though, and this Pokemon can't take Special hits too... Though, it does have a way to keep Momentum in Volt Switch and access to notable support moves in Taunt and Stealth Rocks.

Last edited:
Cool thread, I stopped by to ckeck it out right now and it looks quite interesting, as I've read in the first post, you need fossils, right? Here's my attempt :]

Stegross
Stegosaur + Gross

Design Conecept: Based on Stegosaurus, obviously, but spits poison from its mouth. It has almost like a spiky, toxic club on the end of its tail, and has a armor made of bones. It looks very small and innoffensive

Stegunk
Stegosaur + Gunk

Atk: 135
Def: 125
SpA: 55
Spe: 51
BST: 550

Design Conecept: Based on Stegosaurus, obviously, but spits poison from its mouth. It has almost like a spiky, toxic club on the end of its tail, and has a armor made of bones. This Pokemon is very large and intimidating, it has stone toxic spikes growing from its back too.

Competitive Analysis: Hits very hard with 135 Base Attack and is quite tanky. Has SR and Rapid Spin support too, and also can recover its HP with Slack Off, low speed, tons of weaknesses and its relative fragility on the special side hurt Stegunk though. The ability to poison Steel and opposing Poison-Types is very interesting as well, as this is a very bulky mon, and a better user than Salazzle.

Velectro
Velociraptor + Electro

Design Conecept: This Pokemon is based on a Velociraptor, and has what seems to be a plug at the very end of its tail. Its said to be the Pokemon that introduced Electricity to humans. This Pokemon is also tiny and very quick.

Veloshock
Velociraptor + Shock

SpD: 55

Design Conecept: This Pokemon is based on a Velociraptor, and has what seems to be a plug at the very end of its tail. Its said to be the Pokemon that introduced Electricity to humans. This Pokemon is also very tall and very quick.

Competitive Analysis: Just outspeeding the crowded base 101 Speed Tier, Veloschock is a huge threat because of its high attack stat and two amazing abilities on Galvanize or Petrifying Touch. Rock + Electric is quite a bad typing though, and this Pokemon can't take Special hits too... Though, it does have a way to keep Momentum in Volt Switch and access to notable support moves in Taunt and Stealth Rocks.
While I do think both of these are great, the first post hasn't been updated in a while, and we've already received a few submissions for fossilmons. These'll probably still be considered for the dex, but just so you know I think there's like three others already being developed.

While I do think both of these are great, the first post hasn't been updated in a while, and we've already received a few submissions for fossilmons. These'll probably still be considered for the dex, but just so you know I think there's like three others already being developed.
Ohh I see, Is there any type of mon you guys are prioritizing atm?

I think just any kind of multi-stage mons as well as costumemons.
You can read over the last few pages to get a feel for what's going down right now.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ohh I see, Is there any type of mon you guys are prioritizing atm?
well, Harmonian forms (alolan forms) are cool right now. Try and make something that hasn't been done before, such as a new weather, new moves, new abilities etc. just put whatever you think is a cool concept. have fun Exploudit :)

I will personally say I don't think we exactly need like 300 new weathers.

Also I guess since costume forms are a thing that means past 'mons are usable? (It seems like they have to be since the way you get the costume form is by having the old 'mon hold a particular item.)
Because depending on whether or not Tapus are a thing, we might want to make new 'mons that have the Surge abilities.

Stegross
Stegosaur + Gross

Stegunk
Stegosaur + Gunk

Spe: 51

Velectro
Velociraptor + Electro

Veloshock
Velociraptor + Shock

SpD: 55

Is anyone Against 4 Fossils? Cuz I love these too.

Assuming the Harmo Amaura and Nimbice lines get in because Jerrytkrot updooted them, I'm submitting an Ice leader. But not just any ice leader, a really early one! In fact, they're intended to be the first! TM is Frost Breath.

Amaura-Harmo @ Oran Berry
Ability: Refrigerate
Level: 13
- Frost Breath
- Thunder Shock
- Thunder Wave
- Icy Wind

Nimbice @ Oran Berry
Ability: Snow Warning
Level: 15
- Frost Breath
- Refreeze
- Amnesia
- Water Gun

quoted from the OP
someone give the tapus costumes then :}

Jerrytkrot can you use the normal forms of pokemon that have costumes?
Is anyone Against 4 Fossils? Cuz I love these too.
gen 1 had three fossils and most later gens had past fossils available so it's perfectly fine

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I will personally say I don't think we exactly need like 300 new weathers.

Also I guess since costume forms are a thing that means past 'mons are usable? (It seems like they have to be since the way you get the costume form is by having the old 'mon hold a particular item.)
Because depending on whether or not Tapus are a thing, we might want to make new 'mons that have the Surge abilities.
we don't need that many weathers, but a few more (maybe 2 more to make 5) wouldn't hurt, would they?

Assuming the Harmo Amaura and Nimbice lines get in because Jerrytkrot updooted them, I'm submitting an Ice leader. But not just any ice leader, a really early one! In fact, they're intended to be the first! TM is Frost Breath.

Amaura-Harmo @ Oran Berry
Ability: Refrigerate
Level: 13
- Frost Breath
- Thunder Shock
- Thunder Wave
- Icy Wind

Nimbice @ Oran Berry
Ability: Snow Warning
Level: 15
- Frost Breath
- Refreeze
- Amnesia
- Water Gun
We are going to need IV's, EV's, and Nature's for these guys
Also, can we make Fairy Claw a TM? I like the idea of using it as my obtainable TM :P

Actually I'd like to change my gym type to Psychic. Seems more fitting since both of the mons I've made so far and another one I'm making now are psychic type.

actually, nope. although I might now that you mention it
I'm going to make one since you weren't, although if you're confident your idea is really good you can submit it anyway.

Revenya
Name Justification: Revenant + Nya (Japanese cat noises)
Type 1: Normal
Type 2: Ghost
Ability 1: Unstable Molecules (Increases damage taken and dealt both by 1.3x)
Ability 2: Cute Charm
Hidden Ability: Poison Heal
HP 50, Atk 60, Def 70, Spa 30, Spd 60, Spe 90 (360)
Concept/general Design: A kitten with a cardboard box for a shell, a radiation pattern on its head and a ghost tail (but completely material forearms and head), based on Schrodinger's cat, the stupidest excuse to kill cats incredibly egotistical theory that things do not happen unless humans observe them.
Other Notes/Competitive Use: Either a wall or a sweeper depending on your ability.

Nyantum
Name Justification: Nya + Quantum
Type 1: Normal
Type 2: Ghost
Ability 1: Unstable Molecules
Ability 2: Cute Charm
Hidden Ability: Poison Heal
Hp 70, Atk 85, Def 115, Spa 60, Spd 105, Spe 110 (545)
Concept/general Design: Similar to the above, but more adult-looking, and the box is grey and translucent, showing that the body is not actually there.
Other Notes/Competitive Use: Well, you COULD use it as a sweeper... or you could do the sane thing and use its great typing and Poison Heal, because who doesn't love a fastwall?

So we can just submit stuff without any pre-requisites? Alright then, here's some stuff I made a while ago (art isn't by me).
Amnicrypha
(amnesia+apocrypha)

Type 1: Fire
Type 2: Psychic

Ability: Oubliette: The first move used by the enemy when Amnicrypha is on the field will be disabled, until either of them switches out.
130, 95, 145, 100, 125, 85; (total: 680)

Moves: Amnicrypha can learn every move that can limit the opponents moveset in some way (taunt, disable...), knows a few status moves (will-o-wisp, confuse ray) in addition to standard fire and psychic type move that you'd expect from a legendary. Amnicrypha's signature move is Thought Eater, a psychic type move status move with 5 PP. In works off the same mechanics as protect (increased priority, chance of failing if used in succession), except is prevents the opponent from using its desired move (but it failed!). This is pretty much a better protect, as the opponent can't use a status move on the turn you use it.

Concept: A legendary pokemon that's meant to represent the destruction of knowledge. It was summoned by psychics from an extinct civilization to protect the world from dangerous knowledge. Although it accomplishes its duty faithfully, it will sometimes destroy places of knowledges like libraries and steal memories for its own amusement.

Other Notes/Competitive Use: An obvious Uber, Amnicrypha obviously has no chance of ever touching OU and below. The main concept with it is a bulky monster that severely limits the options of those that face it. Its ability makes it difficult to face, either forcing the use of a suboptimal move and then an optimal one, or an optimal one and then a suboptimal one. It's movepool, which includes taunt and disable, can also make life hell for those facing it. Even though it has monstrous defensive stats, a fantastic ability, and a great status movepool, it's held back by its lack of reliable recovery, lackluster speed, and mediocre offences for Uber.

Last edited:
A few more type costumes:
Name: Pyro Goggles
Secondary Type Change: Fire
Ability Change: Drought
Added Moves: Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fire Punch, Fire Fang, Overheat.
Stat Changes: +10 Attack & Special Attack

Name=Silph Scope
Secondary Type Change: Ghost
Ability Change: Shadow Tag
Added Moves: Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball, Curse, Destiny Bond, Spite, Grudge, Hex
Stat Changes: + 20 Special Attack

Will add more later
Can We change it to *1.2 Multiplier or *1.1 Multiplier?

A few notes:
— Everything that can learn standard TMs can learn TM100 Confide.
— Oddly enough, unlike almost every other Pokémon out there, Magearna cannot learn TM44 Rest. If Machinalibur is supposed to be based on Magearna, you may choose to take this into account.
— Would a custom ability not be appropriate here? Moxie only gives Machinalibur a boost when it scores a KO; Magearna's Soul-Heart triggers whenever another Pokémon on the field is KO'd, regardless of the cause.
Fixed the minor movepool issues and gave it a physical Soul-Heart clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)