SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Sylveon, but it mostly runs special sets. TBH, it does introduce mindgames with Transform, and the user has no way of knowing what its current power is. They also tended to be OP for ingame runs. I expect those are why they got cut.
Why not just remove one and not the other then?

I don't know either.
Although it might have to do with the fact that it was like six replies in one post by accident.
Dude, you're still doing it. If you want to reply to multiple posts, just put your text cursor wherever you want to insert the next quote, scroll up to the next comment you want to reply to, and press the "reply" button under the comment. Once you're done replying to everything you want to reply to, finally press the "post reply" button. Whoever made you think it was better to make separate post does not know what they're talking about. The majority of people on this forum prefer it when multiple replies are condensed in a single post, ESPECIALLY if you're replying to a lot of things like you were a few pages ago.

I wasn't sure if one of the other threads was a more appropriate place to post my question, but do we know if passing down Egg Moves (and level up moves) in the Day Care without breeding requires the teaching Pokemon to be the opposite-gender as the one that's learning the moves? I doubt it does, but since the trailer showcasing the feature showed a female Sylveon teaching the male Sylveon moves, I have to wonder as such a requirement would make it impossible for female-only Pokemon teach or learn Egg Moves in the Day Care.

I mean, with that logic, I can sort of understand axing Return and Frustration, and even Hidden Power.

And moves like Razor Wind, Rage, Comet Punch, nobody's really gonna miss 'em in any case. Though I will confess that Bide's always been a move I love to make use of ingame.

But... Heal Order? Signal Beam? Pursuit? Like... I hope they're going to return in future games, but why cut them in the first place? I don't get that at all.

I wasn't sure if one of the other threads was a more appropriate place to post my question, but do we know if passing down Egg Moves (and level up moves) in the Day Care without breeding requires the teaching Pokemon to be the opposite-gender as the one that's learning the moves? I doubt it does, but since the trailer showcasing the feature showed a female Sylveon teaching the male Sylveon moves, I have to wonder as such a requirement would make it impossible for female-only Pokemon teach or learn Egg Moves in the Day Care.
I think the announcement of the feature was just "two pokemon of the same species" so I don't see any reason you can't have lesbian corviknights teaching each other Roost. But it's something that will have to be tested before we know for sure

Cotton guard seems a bit pointless because there isn't much you can do as far as status besides leech seed and sing to wear down the opponent; regenerator at least allows you to rapid spin and maybe throw out a stab leaf storm as you can reset stats and health upon switch out.

edit: leech seed and giga drain with a recovery item could give it a lot of health back to support its wall capabilities, but it would just be too passive against a switch that walls it because it has pretty low coverage
Yeah i was thinking that. Kinda silly giving this pokemon a brand new unique ability... just to give it a second no HA that totally outclasses it.

Leaf storm then switch could work for straigh damage, but given its lack of coverage i think maybe making if very support focus works. Giga drain leech seed and leftovers could work well together. Throw on an aromatherapy for status, or pollen puff for doubles to heal the ally could be good.

Synthesis could be good for instant recovery, and it can spread status with Sleep Powder and Stun Spore, and it can cure status with Aromatherapy.

Regenerator seems like the better ability, at least in Singles.

I don't why someone complained to you about replying to multiple people in a single comment, because it's vastly preferred to making several separate posts in quick succession.
What would be better, aromatherapy or pollen puff? Status removal for team or another damage and a heal for doubles, as vgc is always doubles.

I mean, with that logic, I can sort of understand axing Return and Frustration, and even Hidden Power.

And moves like Razor Wind, Rage, Comet Punch, nobody's really gonna miss 'em in any case. Though I will confess that Bide's always been a move I love to make use of ingame.

But... Heal Order? Signal Beam? Pursuit? Like... I hope they're going to return in future games, but why cut them in the first place? I don't get that at all.
I was really surprised the removed heal order AND roost for vespiqueen. It now has no way to recover for itself, which is very weord given its a more defensive pokemon with defence order. Pursuit i am fine with being gone such an annoying move that punishes a key part of the game switching too much. Signal beam is odd as like you said it helped a lot of pokemon. but maybe the new bug TRs could be good on the pokemon who lost it. Pollen puff for example

do we know if passing down Egg Moves (and level up moves) in the Day Care without breeding requires the teaching Pokemon to be the opposite-gender as the one that's learning the moves? I doubt it does, but since the trailer showcasing the feature showed a female Sylveon teaching the male Sylveon moves, I have to wonder as such a requirement would make it impossible for female-only Pokemon teach or learn Egg Moves in the Day Care.
Related to that, do we know if egg moves learned through this method appear on the move remembering tutor? Is it possible to have a mon with all its egg moved rememberable now?

Also any final confirmation (or deconfirmation) of gigantamaxability being breedable?

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Yeah i was thinking that. Kinda silly giving this pokemon a brand new unique ability... just to give it a second no HA that totally outclasses it.

Leaf storm then switch could work for straigh damage, but given its lack of coverage i think maybe making if very support focus works. Giga drain leech seed and leftovers could work well together. Throw on an aromatherapy for status, or pollen puff for doubles to heal the ally could be good.

What would be better, aromatherapy or pollen puff? Status removal for team or another damage and a heal for doubles, as vgc is always doubles.

I was really surprised the removed heal order AND roost for vespiqueen. It now has no way to recover for itself, which is very weord given its a more defensive pokemon with defence order. Pursuit i am fine with being gone such an annoying move that punishes a key part of the game switching too much. Signal beam is odd as like you said it helped a lot of pokemon. but maybe the new bug TRs could be good on the pokemon who lost it. Pollen puff for example
Vespiquen still gets Roost via transfer. The whole roost cut is very weird regardless

I don't know enough about doubles to give a good answer, though running both it always a possibility. There isn't as much pressure to run Giga Drain or Leaf Storm in doubles, because Eldegoss has an active team mate that can pick up the offensive slack. It's also worth noting that Eldegoss gets Helping Hand. Finally, I remember hearing that Cotton Down affects both opponents in doubles, and triggers when hit by any attack, so at the very least, there's a stronger reason to use it over Regenerator.

So assuming Persian is in the Dex because the special meowth can be bred for regular meowths, what’s the deal with Cofagrigus being listed ? Regular yamask is not in the dex so is there a split evolution being indicated stemming from galarian yamask?

Last edited:
Vespiquen still gets Roost via transfer. The whole roost cut is very weird regardless
that just seems very odd that you need to transfer for that then....

I don't know enough about doubles to give a good answer, though running both it always a possibility. There isn't as much pressure to run Giga Drain or Leaf Storm in doubles, because Eldegoss has an active team mate that can pick up the offensive slack. It's also worth noting that Eldegoss gets Helping Hand. Finally, I remember hearing that Cotton Down affects both opponents in doubles, and triggers when hit by any attack, so at the very least, there's a stronger reason to use it over Regenerator.
i wouldn't be only doing doubles but i like to consider doubles when thinking team moves. Not having a stab attack seems odd though, but leech seed and pollen puff could do decent amounts of damage when needed.

So assuming Persian is in the Dex because the special meowth can be bred for regular meowths, what’s the deal with Cofagrigus being listed Regular yamask is not in the dex so is there a split evolution being indicated stemming from galarian yamask?
Regular Yamask is in the game. Here is the data of every Pokemon the game, except for two slots that were scrubbed. Anyway, if you control+F and search for "Yamask", you'll see both forms.

spatula

I LOVE CHIPFLAVOUR
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi, I'm looking for two things - (mini) sprites of the galar dex mons and a spreadsheet with the base stats of all (not just fully evolved) mons. Anyone have either of these? If not, that's alright

Do we know if a Draco Meteor tutor is in the game yet? Duraludon and Appletun seem like they could make decent use of it; Specs Duraludon with DM and Steel Beam is a walking nuke lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)