SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
As far as I unserstand, once you catch a legendary, you

The birds generate in the tree cutscene iirc
I'm like 95% sure they generate when you enter the area where they are hiding. This means they can be reset by soft resetting the area (leaving and coming back)

For what it's worth, i was either very lucky or all my Galarian birds were synchronized to the nature of my choice.

Neither Calyrex/Glastrier were. Didn't try for Regis.

Dudes I've a doubt.

The DLC Pass (you know, the one that includes both DLCs) only affects 1 version of the game, right? So, if you buy it for Sword, you have to buy it again to play the DLC in Shield. Is that right?

Dudes I've a doubt.

The DLC Pass (you know, the one that includes both DLCs) only affects 1 version of the game, right? So, if you buy it for Sword, you have to buy it again to play the DLC in Shield. Is that right?
You are correct

You are correct
Ok. I may be into something, because I just discovered I can access the DLC in both games by purchasing only 1. Here's the thing.

Back in June, when I bought the Expansion Pass, I forgot that it was divided in Sword and Shield Passes in the Nintendo eShop. So, long story short, I massed the A button and purchased it without looking at the name. After buying it, I realized that it was the DLC Expansion Pass for Pokémon Shield. This was a problem, because I own both versions, but my main file is on Sword. Dissapointed, I tried to download the DLC in my Pokémon Sword, and it worked. I just waited for it to release and manually downloaded it on Pokémon Sword. Then, I played Isle of Armor.

Of course, after all this time, I never checked my Pokémon Shield, because I just assumed that both passes were valid for either game, and once you registered it in one game the pass "expires". But today, while I was playing Pokémon Sword, I realized that my Pokémon Shield was updating. So, I checked, and after entering my Pokémon Shield, I got both items to access both DLCs in Shield, which is the version I originally bought the Expansion Pass for.

There's no error. I checked my bank account and I only purchased 1 Expansion Pass for a value of 29.99€.

Ok. I may be into something, because I just discovered I can access the DLC in both games by purchasing only 1. Here's the thing.

Back in June, when I bought the Expansion Pass, I forgot that it was divided in Sword and Shield Passes in the Nintendo eShop. So, long story short, I massed the A button and purchased it without looking at the name. After buying it, I realized that it was the DLC Expansion Pass for Pokémon Shield. This was a problem, because I own both versions, but my main file is on Sword. Dissapointed, I tried to download the DLC in my Pokémon Sword, and it worked. I just waited for it to release and manually downloaded it on Pokémon Sword. Then, I played Isle of Armor.

Of course, after all this time, I never checked my Pokémon Shield, because I just assumed that both passes were valid for either game, and once you registered it in one game the pass "expires". But today, while I was playing Pokémon Sword, I realized that my Pokémon Shield was updating. So, I checked, and after entering my Pokémon Shield, I got both items to access both DLCs in Shield, which is the version I originally bought the Expansion Pass for.

There's no error. I checked my bank account and I only purchased 1 Expansion Pass for a value of 29.99€.
I guess they got enough complaints about it that they fixed it?

Funny enough, if you show Landorus to Peony he comments about this.
I just found out about this earlier and I love Peony so much

Articuno (Normal): Whoa! It's our imposter ARticuno, only without that dodgy mask! Bet you it gets a lot mroe fans with those sharp, bright eyes out in the open, eh? Hang on, though--has it gotten chilly in here? Did a blizzard blow in or somethin'?
Moltres (Normal): Whoa! Now those are some serious flames! Hey, imposter Moltres! Have you got a fever or somethin'? You get some rest, hear me? Take care of yourself
Mewtwo: Aha! That's Mewtwo, the ferocious Pokemon created through genetic manipulation, isn't it? Its face is a bit on the pale side...Seems docile for the most part, though! It might not have the friendliest-lookin' mug, but I'll bet you it's a decent sort on the inside!
Suicune: Wow! That's a beutiful Pokemon, that is! Is that Suicune? It's dead cool how that horn thing on its head sort of makes a loop! I wonder, though...How's it supposed to roll over when it wants to sleep on the other side? I bet it's got a rought time sleepin' in general. You all right, Suicune? Gettin' your eight hours?
Azelf: Azelf, eh? The Pokemon that gives people the willpower to get through sticky situations? Maybe if I had one of these around, I'd be better at draggin' myself out of bed or cleanin' up around the house! Sounds like every home needs an Azelf! I've got to catch myself one!
Dialga: So this is Dialga? The Pokemon that controls time? Well, if that's not just talk...think it could give me a cheeky rewind whenever I make my darlin' Nia mad? That aside...has this thing got a bangin' cry or what?!
Reshiram: Whoa! Is that Pokemon's tail on fire?! Wait--come again? They say this Pokemon could scorch the world? Well, don't you look calm for someone carryin' around a potent Pokemon like that, Chief? That takes backbone, that does! Just watch out you don't get burned!
Tapu Lele: Who's this rockin' the perm, hief? Friend of yours? What? It's Tapu Lele, a Land Spirit Pokemon that's the guardian deity of some island?! Hm! Sneakin' in a bit of undercover travel, is it? Bit small for that, though. Bet its papa's worried! Guess its family believes in lettin' its little ones find their own way...
Tapu Fini: Who's this rockin' the eyelashes, Chief? Friend of yours? Oh, it's Tapu Fini, a Land Spirit Pokemon that's the guardian deity of some island?! Hm! Sneakin' in a bit of undercover travel, is it? Hang on... Is it me, or is there loads more moisture in the air all of a sudden? My throat's feelin' great now! Cheers, Tapu Fini! They out to make you the guardian deity of humidifyin' too!
Nihilego: Nihilego, eh? The Parasite POkemon? Whoa! Looks soft and floaty as a dream! Just think how cozy you'd be, havin' one to rest your head on like a pillow! Y'know, Chief, you did take that lovely pillow I found before... Come on-- let me have Nihilego wrap nice and gentle around my noggin for a bit! It's only fair. [Father Beast Peony.........]
Perhomosa: Pheromosa, eh? The Lissome Pokemon? Seems ultra-mega-refined! That's a Pokemon with class! Please to make your acquaintance, Pheromosa! What do you say to a handshake? ... ... ... ... ... ... That...might've been the coldest shoulder I've ever got. Did I do somethin' wrong, Chief?
Guzzlord: Guzzlord, the Junkivore Pokemon? Couldn't have named it better. Look at it go, chowin' down on that rubbish! Good for you, you great gourmand! No one could call you a fussy eater! Chief, if you've ever got some rubbish you can't be bothered to bin, toss that one a treat!
Stakataka: The Rampart Pokemon, Stakataka! That's one mysterious life-form, all right! Look how many likttle blocks make up this one Pokemon. They're just the right size for a pillow too, eh? Wonder if it'd let me have one... Oops! Guess not! Fair enough--losin' part of your body's no fun! Come to think of it... How many blocks would it have to lose to not be a Stakataka anymore?
Solgaleo: It's Solgaleo, the Sunne Pokemon! It practically roars "sun," doesn't it? Can it reall make the darkest of nights light up like midday? That's pretty cheeky! Sounds like it'd be a great help on those nights you just don't want ot head home yet, though! Eh? It comes from anotehr world, too?! That's one fired-up Pokemon!
Raikou: So this is Raikou, the Pokemon they say descended with a bolt of lightnin'? That must've been a pretty rough ride, eh, mate? No wonder the mane on your back's gone all curly.
Buzzwole: Gahaha! Just look at the muscles on Buzzwole! That's one Swollen Pokemon, all right! I don't mind sayin' I'm stronger than most, but I've got to bow down to your brawn, mate! You and me, Buzzwole--we ought to go get a few reps in sometime! I'll spot you!
Poipole: So this Poipoke's a Poison Pin Pokemon that came from another world? Guess it's got a bit of an unusual face, but it doesn't look that different from the type of thing I could find in tall grass around here...Gwaaah! Did those needles on its noggin just spray out poison?! Whatever world it came from must be wild!
Celesteela: Gwaaah! That thing's MASSIVE! Whoops...sorry to shout. Got a bit carried away from the shock! That's Celesteela, the Launch Pokemon, eh? And it flies around superfast by firin' flammable gas from those arms? I can't think of more to say about that than...absolutely wicked! Gotta say though, Chief...the odd ones sure seem to take a shine to you, don't they?

It's a shame he only checks pokemon from the Adventures, though. I want you to make small talk about Cosmog and the wolves, please

Last edited:
Calyrex-G may be the most broken most I've ever run into 2v2 battles. The fact that spectral barrage hits both targets and if it happen to kill both of them it gets an instant +2 attack (+ specs loool) sporting a type that is only resisted by 2 types in the entire game is beyond any doubt the most broken thing i've seen in this game since m-ray.

Also if u take it to the Pokémon League in doubles format its utterly, fully mass destruction X'DD

Suicune: Wow! That's a beutiful Pokemon, that is! Is that Suicune? It's dead cool how that horn thing on its head sort of makes a loop! I wonder, though...How's it supposed to roll over when it wants to sleep on the other side? I bet it's got a rought time sleepin' in general. You all right, Suicune? Gettin' your eight hours?
I love it when diagetic bestiaries (that is, creature descriptions that explicitly come from a character in-game) just go completely off the rails. North wind? Purifying water? Getting resurrected by Ho-Oh? Nah. Dope horn and sleep logistics.

Back in IoA, they found listings 48 "chika_legends" listings, for dynamax adventures.... but from assorted pages I can find after Tundra's out, there's only 47 legend encounters. Going off the cosmog logic (cosmog/moem left out, Solgaleo/Lunala in), the odd man out here seems to be Naganadel.

That's a bit weird
If I had to guess, originally Naganadel was present, but they decided to remove it after realizing it would be redundant with the gift Poipole. It's either that, or Regigigas, but that seems less likely to me.

The birds are very much syncable. I tried saving right before one and was able to change its nature by switching synchronizers, while the IVs remained the same.

The Swords of Justice are also syncable, and very easy to reset. Each time you walk out of range from them, their stats are reset. In fact, they behave much like Wanderers, particularly those that always have some perfect IVs, like the Lapras in the lake on route 2. I haven't caught all of them yet, so I don't know if Keldeo is any different.

I believe that the birds are technically Wanderers as well, but they either have a really large range or never get out of range from the player, so you have to leave the Wild Area/Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra completely to reset them.

I don't think it is, gift pokemon were not syncable either.

I think it might depend on when the stats are generated: in swsh for example if you wanted to shiny hunt a stationary wild area mon, you'd have needed to save out of its spawn range as the stats were generated when the symbol appeared I believe.
If stats are not generated when battle starts but at an arbitrary point before, it is understandable that sync wont work
Synchronize works very differently this gen compared to the other abilities that affects appearance of pokémon, like Magnet Pull. Those affect pokémon as they get spawned in on the overworld, while Synchronise doesn't kick in until the pokémon is battled. Instead of forcing the game to generate a pokémon with a certain nature, Synchronise now basically overwrites the nature of an already generated pokémon.

So I am starting to think that Game Freak may have overlooked how Synchronise works now in regard to the generation of scripted pokémon, like Zacian/Zamazenta or gift pokémon.

Gamers, I think I figured out how to catch Victini.

Of course the steps are very specific. If this doesn't work for you, you are probably doing it wrong.

1. Turn online on.
2. Win the Galar Star Tournament 50 times in a row with any partner.
3. Win 50 matches in the battle tower.
4. Win 50 matches in restrictive sparring.
4a. You CANNOT lose any matches or save in between battles for the above steps, otherwise the streak will be reset and you will need to redo the above steps.
5. Go inside your bedroom and spin your joystick until character starts spinning. On the exact frame they put their foot down and strike their pose, press the HOME button and close the game. You should now be in a dark void the next time you start the game. NOTE: If you press the HOME button too early or too late you will have to redo the above steps.
5a. Doing the above triggers a flag to Gamefreak's servers, and will remap your coordinates to location data that is not present in the datamine. Via arbitrary code execution and procedural generation, Gamefreak will upload new location data to your game the next time you connect to the server.
5b. Unfortunately, due to Game Freak's improper memory allocation for the data structures associated with the location data, there is a high chance that a Segmentation Fault will occur and your game will crash. The best way to prevent this is by tossing everything in your bag, and moving all your Pokemon into Pokemon Home.
6. Turn online on again. You will now be in Professor Rowan's Lab. Talk to Professor Rowan and he will give you a Victini.
6a. Unfortunately, you are now be softlocked. Going outside will crash the game. There is a girl with an abra, but, neither she nor the abra can be spoken to.

Good luck!

I love it when diagetic bestiaries (that is, creature descriptions that explicitly come from a character in-game) just go completely off the rails. North wind? Purifying water? Getting resurrected by Ho-Oh? Nah. Dope horn and sleep logistics.
I love how for Reshiram's he's just like "whoa we got a bad ass over here!!"
If I had to guess, originally Naganadel was present, but they decided to remove it after realizing it would be redundant with the gift Poipole. It's either that, or Regigigas, but that seems less likely to me.
I suppose that might be their logic but.....we can get Solgaleo/Lunala in the Adventures and a gift cosmog.

Out of curiosity, has anyone transferred over their Naganadal (or evolved their Poipole) and tried showing it to Peony?

Gamers, I think I figured out how to catch Victini.

Of course the steps are very specific. If this doesn't work for you, you are probably doing it wrong.

1. Turn online on.
2. Win the Galar Star Tournament 50 times in a row with any partner.
3. Win 50 matches in the battle tower.
4. Win 50 matches in restrictive sparring.
4a. You CANNOT lose any matches or save in between battles for the above steps, otherwise the streak will be reset and you will need to redo the above steps.
5. Go inside your bedroom and spin your joystick until character starts spinning. On the exact frame they put their foot down and strike their pose, press the HOME button and close the game. You should now be in a dark void the next time you start the game. NOTE: If you press the HOME button too early or too late you will have to redo the above steps.
5a. Doing the above triggers a flag to Gamefreak's servers, and will remap your coordinates to location data that is not present in the datamine. Via arbitrary code execution and procedural generation, Gamefreak will upload new location data to your game the next time you connect to the server.
5b. Unfortunately, due to Game Freak's improper memory allocation for the data structures associated with the location data, there is a high chance that a Segmentation Fault will occur and your game will crash. The best way to prevent this is by tossing everything in your bag, and moving all your Pokemon into Pokemon Home.
6. Turn online on again. You will now be in Professor Rowan's Lab. Talk to Professor Rowan and he will give you a Victini.
6a. Unfortunately, you are now be softlocked. Going outside will crash the game. There is a girl with an abra, but, neither she nor the abra can be spoken to.

Good luck!
My 10yo persona is already testing while reading this on the Nintendo Action.

My 10yo persona is already testing while reading this on the Nintendo Action.
You gotta admit that sounds plausible when

1. catch an abra without having battled a trainer in a specific spot
2. Use teleport right before they would challenge you
3. Go to Misty's gym and fight specifically the slowpoke
4. Return to the route with the trainer you almost fought and it will start a battle with a wild Mew

actually worked.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So a few days ago I wrote:

I guess the wild Fossil 'mons in the Crown Tundra are descendants of the thousands of breedjects that have been released since Gen VI.
And then it turns out that Omanyte's Sword dex entry is:
Because some Omanyte manage to escape after being restored or are released into the wild by people, this species is becoming a problem.
I was originally joking, but ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)