SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Question: now that this was said, should I start to become very dubious?

Because this message doesn't seem genuine to me for some reason.
I am worried by the fact you even thought that it was a serious reply :P

I don’t know if people realize it, but patches can be datamined before they release; they often get uploaded to the servers before they get officially distributed. That’s how Roy and Ryu got leaked back in Smash 4’s DLC cycle.
I mean, yes, but if third parties are able to access server-side data that isn't even released, I worry for the security of said servers.

On something else, still assuming those are true...
Am I the only one that finds that the ghost horsie's hooves look... wrong with that missing piece
1603234274839.png

The sheer hubris of this guy smh

I mean, yes, but if third parties are able to access server-side data that isn't even released, I worry for the security of said servers.

On something else, still assuming those are true...
Am I the only one that finds that the ghost horsie's hooves look... wrong with that missing piece
View attachment 283344
I assume it's supposed to be more skeletal in nature, considering the Ghost type.

I'm getting much more of a Grass vibe than a Psychic vibe from that cape. Looks like leaves grown out.

I can see this thing getting scary snowballing with special Moxie and Giga Drain if so, especially if its signature move has >=100 base power. Grass is a great typing for dealing with Groudon and Kyogre, Ghost is still fantastic neutral coverage (especially with Ekiller gone), and we know Calyrex gets Psyshock for Blissey. The main thing stopping a Ghost/Grass special attacker from being great is that it gets hard walled by Yveltal and I can't think of any good reason for it to get the right coverage moves.
Ho-Oh easily stomps on it too, as it will probably take shit from special ghost stab due to its enormous base SpD, laughs at grass and has become even more tanky thanks to boots. Unlike Yveltal, which should rely on foul play or dark pulse/oblivion wing to take this thing head on, and I presume it'll have more bulk on SpD or some way of boosting its SpD instead of its Def (i see it learning calm mind before bulk up, basically), Ho-Oh doesn't care about an hypotetical WoW and the thing will surely get blown away by Brave Bird. I mean, with 0 investment on hp, Ho-Oh has a 89.6% of being 3hkoed by base 130 spa 100 bp custom ghost move, and I somehow think this is more than what we'll end up getting.

He's trolling the guy in the quote, almost positive
because this also happened with the same tweet:
Joke or not, the message was still there. This almost gives me the "my uncle works at nintendo" vibes, which is concerning to me.

Besides, why would such an account have business trolling some non-believer person who doesn't want them leaking?

EDIT: correction

Joke or not, the message was still there. This almost gives me the "my uncle works at nintendo" vibes, which is concerning to me.

Besides, why would such an account have business trolling some non-believer?
He wasn't a non-believer, he's trying to get them taken down for leaking.

Honestly as to why they'd troll them... Anything really.
One is leaking info, one is trying to stop the leaks.

They aren't going to like each other, so mocking the other isn't really unexpected.

Was that an actual thing at one point or are you cracking a joke?
It was, indeed, an actual thing. Basically the entire starter lines were leaked on a poster that wasn't supposed to be available yet. People not only claimed that Emboar was a photoshopped Rhyperior, but that Serperior was a photoshopped Dragonair. There were many people that were very adamant about them being fake.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
It was, indeed, an actual thing. Basically the entire starter lines were leaked on a poster that wasn't supposed to be available yet. People not only claimed that Emboar was a photoshopped Rhyperior, but that Serperior was a photoshopped Dragonair. There were many people that were very adamant about them being fake.
The more you know. Got any pictures of this leaked poster from the time period?

The more you know. Got any pictures of this leaked poster from the time period?
I don't think it was a poster, or at least I never saw what the origin was supposed to be. The starters middle & final forms were on a continuous white sheet that the photos sequestered on but there was no real design to the shseet itself that I remember.

unfortunately trying to gis for these is just bringing up assorted fake leaks from gen 7 & 8.

anyway my crack at Forensic Analysis was also not a joke. That became, like, The Thing to try disproving these starters, by analyzign the image qualit adn trying to detect oddities in the metadata or whatever. I remember seeing so many damn posts about it, and blog posts!

gen 5 leaks were a time and a half let me tell you. Fun fact: the rest of hte pokedex also leaked because ssomeone (pokeexperto?) got in-game cropped images of everyone in the in-game pokedex and then spent weeks tweeting out descriptions of the designs

I don't think it was a poster, or at least I never saw what the origin was supposed to be. The starters middle & final forms were on a continuous white sheet that the photos sequestered on but there was no real design to the shseet itself that I remember.
It looked like one of those "All Pokemon in the generation" posters that are sorted into rows but with everything past(and before in the case of Victini) the starter lines was covered up.

unfortunately trying to gis for these is just bringing up assorted fake leaks from gen 7 & 8.

anyway my crack at Forensic Analysis was also not a joke. That became, like, The Thing to try disproving these starters, by analyzign the image qualit adn trying to detect oddities in the metadata or whatever. I remember seeing so many damn posts about it, and blog posts!

gen 5 leaks were a time and a half let me tell you. Fun fact: the rest of hte pokedex also leaked because ssomeone (pokeexperto?) got in-game cropped images of everyone in the in-game pokedex and then spent weeks tweeting out descriptions of the designs

this take is tiring. It’s a horse. There are only so many things it can do with its legs. And as has been pointed out earlier in the thread, it’s a common pose for mounted horses to have a leg raised.

What does everyone want to believe it’s real? For it to stand up and walk around like a person?

View attachment 283349
Also all the other renders appear to be doing their own thing, including the calyrexes.

Gamefreak using the Rapidash model as a base for their horse wouldn't surprise me, I bet Mudsdale has similar bones in it.

ahhh yeah, love it, love it. Good times.

iirc this was between the anime height sheet which showed Servine & Dewott (& Woobat) and the reveal of Pignite in corocoro (& the official reveal of the other 2, of course) and I definitely recall at lest some people clinging to um actually the other 3 might still be fake for mumblemumble reasons.

That's always my favorite part of leaks, honestly. That contingent of people still grasping for no no it has to be fake. I've seen it happen in gens 6, 7 AND 8; its great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)