SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. Wouldn't be surprised if Flygon can carve out a niche.
it is the only dragon dancer able to u turn, so even against a full stop it can always predict and u turn into a pursuit trapper or wallbreaker.

Thats the only niche i can think about, and mixed fireblast since fire punch is piss weak without stab.

I want to know if aurora veil affects all pokemon in battle or only affects to the foe's.
If it really does work like Light Screen and Reflect, then it'll only affect the pokemon on your side of the field.

Btw, reading from the dex entries you guys have been posting here it seems like Pokemon has taken an...uh, slighly darker and more naturalistic turn. Not that that's a bad thing at all, it's just surprising to me. I think this is pretty much the 1st time since early generations that they've used the word 'blood' or say that a Pokemon straight up dies. Hell they went as far as avoid using the word 'death' when describing Yveltal, dubbing it the 'destruction' pokemon instead.

Me likes it.

I've been so hyped about these leaks all day! I can't stop myself. General thoughts right now:
  • Talonflame way overnerfed with Gale Wings itself and the the introduction of Bruxish, Tapu Lele and Lycanroc Midday. Will probably fall to RU and mainly be viable with either a Swords Dance set or just Roost/Acrobatics/Flare Blitz/U-turn.
  • Lycanroc Midnight form is inferior to Midday in almost every way. That extra bulk isn't going to do many favors for it over the loss of speed and the lack of Accelrock is bad. Wtf did they think Counter was good enough to compete with that? Neither form has good coverage. No Guard Stone Edge is always good though. Midnight form's probably gonna be RU while I can see Midday being OU or UU.
  • UBs are mad good
  • Everything about Marshadow is hype
  • Kommo-o is going to be really versatile with Dragon Dance, special Autonomize sets, and SubSalac Belly Drum

I spent a lot of time theorycrafting Gen 7 sets so take this: http://pastebin.com/V9TKMss6
I'm guessing that about half of those sets will be bad, but I think there are some good ideas in there. I clearly see a lot of potential in Decidueye.

Last edited:
A better look at the UBs in this video. Skip to 1:49 to see Buzzwole flex and feed.

Surprisingly Celesteela has a small puppety mouth and Kartana looks as frail as a sheet of paper, but its actually pretty bulky.

Edit: original video was taken down, but someone re-uploaded it

Last edited by a moderator:

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there a pastebin out there that shows all the stat changes for previous-gen Pokemon/?

Needs active hail to work.
Oh...

Still Ninetales gets Snow Warning so, I'm happy with that.

I'm totally seeing A-Ninetales in OU with that move, Heat Wave, Nasty Plot and Ice Beam or Dazzling Gleam. Also, 109 Speed is almost perfect (110 would've been the best).

Oh...

Still Ninetales gets Snow Warning so, I'm happy with that.

I'm totally seeing A-Ninetales in OU with that move, Heat Wave, Nasty Plot and Ice Beam or Dazzling Gleam. Also, 109 Speed is almost perfect (110 would've been the best).
It doesn't get Heat Wave. That's an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)