Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

gali

I just wanna grill, man!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
just downloaded this yesterday, about halfway through sweet strasse atm. anyone have fcs? mine is 74D3-B57E.

Got Gyarados, still need to find Magikarp.

Landorus Team that's been working well for me is M-Ray + Kingdra + Palkia + high BP. Kingdra's Whirlpool procs surprisingly often to stall Disruptions, and activating it just once or twice at least helps to stop the "freeze and rock the center" from breaking combos.

If not Ray, Kingdra probably works well on a Mega Swamp team too.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yay found and caught Gyarados so this safari is oficially complete for me. Now I can start farming Gold/PSBs again.

Btw is it just me or magikarp's "cheer" doesn't work well along with certain abilities? I had the Cheer boost active several times while training on ampharos but no matter how many times I tried Barrier Bash + never triggered on a 3-match

Found Magikarp...only for me not to cause enough damage (I just needed one more turn!). And since I had no jewels left, there was nothing I could do. Hopefully, I'll be able to find another, and cause more damage next time.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New Content
Skill Swapper
New RMLable Pokémon
Victini wants us to Exp. Grind for the competition again.
Mega Gyarados Competition (RML Top tier, Speedup top and second tier)
Raikou Special Stage (400 Coins to play, Drops PSB's and RML's)
Hitmonlee Challenge (300 Coins to play)
New Mission Cards (7 rewards 1× Jewel, 8 rewards 1× Mega Start, 1× Charizardite Y/Jewel, 1× Raise Max Level, 9 rewards 1× Skill Booster M, 1× Raise Max Level, 1× Skill Swapper)

Returning Content
Daily Pokémon #1
Ho-Oh (400 Coins to play, Drops PSB's)

Future Content
Giratina Origin Escalation Battle (Timed, 300 Stages)
Celebi (Drops PSB's)
Regirock, Regice, and Registeel (Only Regirock drops PSB's)
JIRACHI IS FINALLY RETURNING FOR THREE DAYS!!!

Competition
Mega Gyarados: Water-type, 18 icons, 6 speedups, Erases icons in a random vertical jagged line.
Shiny Mega Gyarados: Water-type, 19 icons, 10 speedups, Erases all Shiny Mega Gyarados in the puzzle area.

Pokémon
Hitmonlee: Base 60 Fighting-type w/ +-Boost
Giratina-O: Base 80 Ghost-type w/ Sinister Power

Escalation Prizes
Prize for first beating level 20: 1 Exp. Booster S
Prize for first beating level 30: 1 Time +10
Prize for first beating level 40: 1 Skill Swapper
Prize for first beating level 50: 1 Disruption Delay
Prize for first beating level 60: 1 Exp. Points x1.5
Prize for first beating level 70: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 80: 1 Exp. Booster S
Prize for first beating level 90: 1 Exp. Booster M
Prize for first beating level 100: 1 Skill Swapper
Prize for first beating level 130: 1 Skill Booster M
Prize for first beating level 150: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 180: 2 Exp. Booster M
Prize for first beating level 200: 1 Raise Max Level
Prize for first beating level 230: 2 Exp. Booster M
Prize for first beating level 250: 1 Raise Max Level
Prize for first beating level 280: 1 Raise Max Level
Prize for first beating level 300: 2 Raise Max Level

All done.

Last edited:
Of note, some of the Skill Swappers people have posted about

Ho-oh: Pyre

Raikou: Barrier Bash+

Mew: Block Smash+, Eject+, BB+, Po4+

Chandelure: Po4+

Ampharos: Mega Boost

Suicune: Block Smash+

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
JIRACHI IS RETURNING NEXT WEEK

And some other content is coming next week including a new Escalation Battle involving Giratina Origin Forme.

JIRACHI IS RETURNING NEXT WEEK

And some other content is coming next week including a new Escalation Battle involving Giratina Origin Forme.
Oh goody, and Escalation Battle. Just when i thought I'd have time to build my coins back up after Landorus farming.

Well, so much for farming Raikou for RML's and PSB's for Gyarados competition. Wanna be ready for next week.

Any word in that mine/leak that mentions what Giratina-O has?

Yes, Sinister Power on a Ghost Type (but Ghost/Dark goes well together)

Return of Regi too !

I think I will use RML + Skill Swap on Raikou !!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Advice to those who want to complete Mission Card #9:

DON'T

It's not Deoxys itemless, it's not Conkeldurr with Po5 only, it's Yveltal. Yveltal is a jewel trap. Let me explain why:
  • The board starts with 16 Black Clouds.
  • Yveltal's disruption (which is on a match) spawns one Black Cloud on the board.
  • To get the 40 Black Cloud requirement, you need Yveltal to disrupt at least 24 times.
  • Each time it disrupts, the disruption must fully resolve before it can disrupt again. Each disruption takes 3-4 seconds to resolve.
  • What this means is that it takes a minimum of 72 seconds to disrupt 24 times.
  • The given time and Time +10 means you only get 70 seconds without a jewel. Each Jewel adds 15 seconds.
  • You also need to win as well.
I tried it with the two jewels I had left. I won, but did not get the mission, mostly due to bad HP management, bad seconds per disruption, and panicking. Words cannot describe how frustrated I am with myself (and the game I suppose). At least I have two opportunities to get jewels in the other two mission cards, but if you so badly want a second Skill Swapper now and not want to wait until next week for the escalation battle, I would heavily advise against it unless you have a lot of jewels, and even then, ask yourself: Is it really worth it?

I will probably complete it anyway, but this is a warning to those who have not attempted it yet, don't. If you just want the Skill Booster M and the Raise Max Level, the missions aren't too bad (Speaking of, keep Power of 5 on Mew if you have it because you need it for Conkeldurr). 22 combo can be done on any timed stage, Mega Boost on Snorlax use Rayquaza or Ampharos (no speedups for either) as mega and use two Mega Boosters and a Fighting-type, Po5's Conkeldurr is a mandatory Gengar/Mew/Slowking/Noctowl and generally needs Mega Start and M+5, Gothorita needs MS/DD/M+5 and I barely did with with Absol/three darks, Galvantula can be done with Mega Start Mega Aero + Joltik strats, Deoxys itemless is doable with full speedup Rayquaza + three SE mons (in my case, Zoroark/Sableye/Hydreigon) and staying on top of the four combo requirements. Yveltal on the other hand is an abomination of a jewel trap where you need Mega Lucario and three neutral cloud clearers and jewels and don't play like an idiot.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Advice to those who want to complete Mission Card #9:

DON'T

It's not Deoxys itemless, it's not Conkeldurr with Po5 only, it's Yveltal. Yveltal is a jewel trap. Let me explain why:
  • The board starts with 16 Black Clouds.
  • Yveltal's disruption (which is on a match) spawns one Black Cloud on the board.
  • To get the 40 Black Cloud requirement, you need Yveltal to disrupt at least 24 times.
  • Each time it disrupts, the disruption must fully resolve before it can disrupt again. Each disruption takes 3-4 seconds to resolve.
  • What this means is that it takes a minimum of 72 seconds to disrupt 24 times.
  • The given time and Time +10 means you only get 70 seconds without a jewel. Each Jewel adds 15 seconds.
  • You also need to win as well.
I tried it with the two jewels I had left. I won, but did not get the mission, mostly due to bad HP management, bad seconds per disruption, and panicking. Words cannot describe how frustrated I am with myself (and the game I suppose). At least I have two opportunities to get jewels in the other two mission cards, but if you so badly want a second Skill Swapper now and not want to wait until next week for the escalation battle, I would heavily advise against it unless you have a lot of jewels, and even then, ask yourself: Is it really worth it?

I will probably complete it anyway, but this is a warning to those who have not attempted it yet, don't. If you just want the Skill Booster M and the Raise Max Level, the missions aren't too bad (Speaking of, keep Power of 5 on Mew if you have it because you need it for Conkeldurr). 22 combo can be done on any timed stage, Mega Boost on Snorlax use Rayquaza or Ampharos (no speedups for either) as mega and use two Mega Boosters and a Fighting-type, Po5's Conkeldurr is a mandatory Gengar/Mew/Slowking/Noctowl and generally needs Mega Start and M+5, Gothorita needs MS/DD/M+5 and I barely did with with Absol/three darks, Galvantula can be done with Mega Start Mega Aero + Joltik strats, Deoxys itemless is doable with full speedup Rayquaza + three SE mons (in my case, Zoroark/Sableye/Hydreigon) and staying on top of the four combo requirements. Yveltal on the other hand is an abomination of a jewel trap where you need Mega Lucario and three neutral cloud clearers and jewels and don't play like an idiot.
Well that's a pretty dirty move on the devs side, was wondering when they would actually begin pulling crap like this for this freemium game. I've been against using any kind homebrew aid on shuffle because honestly I've never felt it's needed, but if more stuff like this comes up I might just change my mind about it.

Good to know, not touching the Yveltal mission. That's some real shit by the Devs, considering that, tricky or not, none of the other missions flat out require a Jewel. If this shit pops up on the next Mission card I'm giving up on the damn things.

Don't the Throh mission almost need a Jewel too ? I never tried the Mission Cards, there are so many events to do :(
Raikou is level 11 and damn it takes ages to level up him :D

Don't the Throh mission almost need a Jewel too ? I never tried the Mission Cards, there are so many events to do :(
Raikou is level 11 and damn it takes ages to level up him :D
Throh can be played around using a Moves+5 and Prank. Not quite itemless, but still doable without the premium stuff.

Yveltal is impossible without items and Jewel(s) extension to the time because of how long the animation takes to spawn the clouds and how many you need to remove.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
TFW you use your last jewel on Yveltal hoping to clear the challenge and get enough Black Clouds, only to not clear it because you did not have the right Mission Card selected... >_>

Oh well. Next time. At least it's the end of the month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)