Pokemon red tournament team, how can I improve this?

WALL OF TEXT! if you don't want to read all this then just go to the pokemons moves and tell me if you can think of better moves

Hello, so there is a pokemon red tournament happening in my schools gamer club. The day of it is finally approaching, I have put much thought into my pokemon and their movesets, studied on bulbapedia, and have thought they were solid for quite a long time, but the final test is what you think of them They are EV trained and I have access to almost every TM I have 8 pokemon I keep in my rotation and we are aloud to switch pokemon inbetween battles.The only rules are no doubles and a sleep clause. I used PP ups to the max on all their moves

First up is my starter, Venusaur, he is very powerful and sturdy, his move set is this
1.) Razor leaf strongest grass move, stronger than solarbeam since razor leaf is always critical (at least with my venusaur, he has never not had a crit with razor leaf since he evolved)
2.) Body Slam strong physical attack, 2 body slams are actually stronger than one hyper beams and no recharge, plus the chance of paralysis makes it round my venusaur up, also if a pokemon has only a little health left I can use this for a small hp boost
3.) Megadrain after sleeping a rock or water pokemon with sleep powder, I can recharge venusaurs health quite easily and hes ready for more!
4.) Sleep powder same reason as megadrain, also if I can outspeed something I may use this move before switching

Next is my physical wall Golem. He has these moves.

1.) Rock Slide just a powerful move, no real other competition for a rock type move
2.) Earthquake I would rather have this than dig as it doesn't leave me so open, and those are the only two ground moves worth having
3.) Hyperbeam this is just for quick KOs since I don't really trust him to be left out for very long against an enemy with high special
4.) Explosion this will take down most opponents he is up against if I get the chance to use it.

Alakazam. This is my absolute strongest pokemon, he can come back from everything and has taken out some of my friends teams almost entirely by itself! He has these moves, I know there are alot of things I can do with an Alakazam, which is why I would like some input on his moves especially.

1.) Psychic, this is his attacking move, any Alakazam has this.
2.) Thunderwave, this puts him in an advantage against other psychic walls which are his biggest problem
3.) Recover, I don't think this needs an explanation
4.) Substitute, no matter what the opponent is, if I thunder wave it then substitute and heal, I have quite the defense going, also if I have gengar in my party, since if an explosion selfdestruct or hyper beam breaks the sub, I can switch to gengar and he would be completely unaffected by the move they would keep hammering to take out alakazam

Poliwrath. Most people say that this pokemon is bad due to it's many type disadvantages, although it is extremely vulnerable, it also gets many type super effective hits on other pokemon, mine is actually a bit of a powerhouse in most regards (except maybe speed)

1.) Surf, I don't trust the stronger but less accurate moves, also surf has higher critical chance, it can tear through opponents who are vulnerable to it.
2.) Hypnosis, always good to be able to sleep your opponent
3.) Blizzard with 90% accuracy, its still high enough accuracy that I would trade the 10% acc for more power.
4.) Submission, this lets me tear through normal type pokemon such as snorlax and chansey

Jolteon, mostly for tearing through psychic types with pin missile, but he can strike hard and fast

1.) Thunderbolt, because of course it needs T bolt
2.) Thunder wave, I try to paralyze as much as possible, to put opponents at a disadvantage for later in the game
3.) Pin missile, great for taking out psychic types like Alakazams
4.) Double kick, I can't really think of another move to have, I am quite open to replacing this if you can think of something better

Dragonite, very very strong, and he can take out most other pokemon if he is even a little bit faster

1.)Wrap, since in first gen it makes it so they literally cannot attack, I can slowly squeeze the life out of my opponents
2.) Ice beam, my Dragonite has above average speed, so not only is ice beam just a great move, but it can take out other dragonites
3.) Surf, I admit I could lose this one, but there is no HM deleter in gen 1, but still it is a pretty good move
4.) Thunder wave, I try to paralyze as much as possible, to put opponents at a disadvantage for later in the game

Gengar, gengars have incredible special and defense, and his invincibility to fight and normal makes him a great asset
1.) Psychic, great move to use with a high special pokemon
2.) Thunderbolt, another special move to use with his great special
3.) Hypnosis, if he is vulnerable to something, he is usually still faster than it, and can sleep if before switching out
4.) Self destruct, a high speed self destruct is a great move to use with low health.

Jynx, ice and psychic I think is quite an interesting combo, that makes jynx powerful and with great defense

1.) Body Slam, although jynx has bad attack, it lets her take out pokemon with small defense and high special
2.) Lovely kiss, I have said before why sleep moves are important
3.) Psychic no explanation needed
4.) Blizzard no explanation needed

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)