Pokemon Re-balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I love playing pokemon and getting into the competitive scene, it's not a balanced game. Pokemon have to be split off into separate meta games to keep things fair. I wanted to re-balance the game to make everything fit into a standard of ou. This would be a cool project that would make the meta game more diverse, and make every pokemon have a chance to be used, and feared. I knew to come to none other than smogon for this because you people know what makes a good pokemon good, how to make bad ones better in the most effective way. So I purpose to get the community involved in creating a rom to edit the game, and make it more balanced.

If you make a suggestion for a pokemon, give the pokemon's name, if it's a buff or nerf, what your changing about it, not only stats, but move pool and typing and ability.

Please consider my idea, and thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Play the OM averagemons or something if you want equal Pokemon. Besides, that is an entirely outlandish request, and something smogon isn't capable of, let alone would consider.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Editing a ROM would be pretty pointless, and I doubt you'd be able to get much of the community to participate. If you want to create a "new" metagame with different mechanics, I would stick to a simulator like Pokemon Showdown! and start with an "other metagame." First, read the rules of the Other Metagames forum post here for to submit one. I think if you do that, you'd be able to garner some interest, but you'll need support from programmers; don't expect them to come in droves, though. Contact user Joim for more information. Pokemon Showdown! requires knowledge of JavaScript to make a custom meta, so I'd suggest you learn that if you don't know it already.

Thank you for your enthusiasm and welcome to Smogon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)