Pokemon Masters

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kukui/Lycanroc and Zinnia/Rayquaza are now live.

Zinnia's event is awesome to farm: you can trade 5 vouchers for 10 3* level-up manuals. I'm definitely aiming at 9 999 before the end of the event.

Kukui/Lycanroc and Zinnia/Rayquaza are now live.

Zinnia's event is awesome to farm: you can trade 5 vouchers for 10 3* level-up manuals. I'm definitely aiming at 9 999 before the end of the event.
Is 9,999 the cap? Just curious because I might want to opt to trade for those manuals instead of E4 notes.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oaklook.jpg

By looking at the logo, we can notice that the trainer on the right have been replaced by someone else, presumally Professor Oak. Some people say they can see Looker as well, but I don't buy it, it looks more like Oak in my opinion.

There's a rumor going around Red and Charizard will be released on Pokemon Day, which would also act as part of the half-year release celebration festivities.

EDIT: Since the beginning of the event, I've maxed out Rayquaza's sync move skill level, finished the bingo missions, and have farmed about 5,000 training manuals. I just need some level break materials to max some stuff out.

Last edited:

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
New Events

Expanded Sync Grids (February 10th) - Rosa and Erika

New Banners
Brendan and Lyra Spotlight Scout
Start: Monday, 10 February 2020 06:00:00 UTC
End: Monday, 24 February 2020 06:00:00 UTC
Featuring Brendan & Treecko and Lyra & Chikorita!

Steven Spotlight Poké Fair Scout
Start: Friday, 14 February 2020 06:00:00 UTC
End: Monday, 16 March 2020 06:00:00 UTC
This Hoenn League Champion never lets up with his crushing Steel-type attacks!

New Model Found - Wallace
- Erika goes from bad to fairly decent to the point where you should consider doing her sync grid.

- Rosa was already a good support so she just becomes better, simple as that.

- Whatever you do, wait for Steven and avoid the bait Spotlight that is Brendan/Lyra. Poke Fairs are only scoutable for their own banners.

- Wallace is pretty interesting. Not sure what he'll have though, maybe Milotic.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
- Wallace is pretty interesting. Not sure what he'll have though, maybe Milotic.
Milotic is his most iconic Pokemon. Only reason they may not give him Milotic is because this design of Wallace from ORAS was only a Gym Leader meaning they could later give him an alternate form that is his Emerald incarnation that's a Champion. So I guess they could wait until they release the Champion form to give him Milotic. But if they do what other Pokemon could they give Gym Leader Wallace? Looking at the Pokemon he used in ORAS I see four possibilities: Luvdisc, Whiscash, Wailord, & Ludicolo. If I were to choose one, I'd probably pick Whiscash since it along with Milotic are his only two Pokemon on his Gym Leader & Champion teams.

I've been hoarding all my Sync Orbs waiting for them to release the Sync Grid for a good pair. Am I really missing out on anything by doing so right now?

Also, Oak it is!

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
I've been hoarding all my Sync Orbs waiting for them to release the Sync Grid for a good pair. Am I really missing out on anything by doing so right now?
Use them before reaching the cap, more orbs is the only thing you could miss so far. But at the moment, they are not mandatory for anything.

I personally plan to use the Sync Orbs from multi on stuff like Rosa: since she never gets to Sync in auto, her orbs would be a pain to farm.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Also, Oak it is!

"So, they thought they could ride their bikes indoors and think they'd get away with it. Fortunately for me, they left behind one Pokemon. Come little Bulbasaur, we've got a cut boss battle to amend for..."

Joking aside, I got to give them credit, this trailer does make look Oak seem badass, lol. :bloblul:

As expected, the Grass-type training and Treecko/Chikorita spotlight events have begun.

Also, dataminers have discovered the free pair we're receiving on Friday.

Last edited:
Farming Steven 50 times for that mission is tedious. Really wish I'd gone harder for Mewtwo now lmao.

Also, what's the recommended list for Pokemon to max to 120? I have most of the good pairs I think. Lycanroc, Garchomp, Dragonite, Dusclops, Sceptile, Metagross etc.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
Farming Steven 50 times for that mission is tedious. Really wish I'd gone harder for Mewtwo now lmao.

Also, what's the recommended list for Pokemon to max to 120? I have most of the good pairs I think. Lycanroc, Garchomp, Dragonite, Dusclops, Sceptile, Metagross etc.
As the teased battle villa should arrive soon, the whole tier list will probably change.

Except Olivia. She's the best

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So they not only gave Elesa a fancy new costume, but they gave her a Rotom, a Pokemon which as far as I can tell she never used in any media before this point.

THERE'S A CHANCE!!! CORRECT THE ILLS OF TIMING, TOXTRICITY ROXIE NOW.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Wait, I just noticed something, why is Calem's partner Espurr/Meowstic instead of one of the XY starters?
Probably because they're planning to do something else with the Kalos starters. That said, it's not really much stranger than Blue with Pidgeot. Espurr's one of the three Pokemon that XY Rival keeps for almost the entire game, alongside Absol (Sidney's got a stronger claim) and the starter.

E: These are difficult to confirm leaks but explanations in the hide below.
Alongside a whole bunch of other pairs, apparently Froakie is being given either to the MC or to the new rival.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
E: These are difficult to confirm leaks but explanations in the hide below.
Alongside a whole bunch of other pairs, apparently Froakie is being given either to the MC or to the new rival.
If I had to guess, probably the main character so that way they can do an Ash-Greninja Sync Move

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So there's three, one being kind of odd:
1. Top image has less confetti, specifically any that was covering the castle.
2. The top of the castle is more "defined" in the bottom image, has more lighting and shading that makes it look less flat.
3. The odd one: the Poke Ball symbol is flipped upside down in the top image.

Going to guess the top image was a work in progress, though even then why was the Poke Ball symbol flipped?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)