Pokemon Legends - Arceus - 28th Jan 2022 *Official Content Only*

"They have their own realms" is a pretty normal thing to say about characters that are gods, as is not actually seeing said realms. A lot of things about the main DP Legendaries has always had an element of not seeing the full extent of them to it; it's heavily implied that the Arceus we see is not its true form

Dialga and Palkia's realms were also shown in one of the gen 4 movies, I believe, consistently with their appearance in the portals in Platinum. The part where their realms are in constant chaos and impossible to traverse is new, though.
The 10th movie are a little different, presented them as being in the same kind of formless realm populated only with unown and seemingly the pair.
Can't really blame them for working a little differently, it was 2007 & the movie likely been workedon since 2006, so the details of it & them probably weren't fully worked out & the anime takes its own liberties for the sake of plot anyway.

By the time of the Anime's climax Platinum had long since been out and they depicted Dialga & Palkia emerging from separate, color coded portals just like in the games but had its own flourishes (like Spear Pillar being hidden in a strange structure that had a hall of origin-esque set of stairs deep into formless chaos of the mountain and then to spear pillar itself).

The 10th movie are a little different, presented them as being in the same kind of formless realm populated only with unown and seemingly the pair.
Can't really blame them for working a little differently, it was 2007 & the movie likely been workedon since 2006, so the details of it & them probably weren't fully worked out & the anime takes its own liberties for the sake of plot anyway.

By the time of the Anime's climax Platinum had long since been out and they depicted Dialga & Palkia emerging from separate, color coded portals just like in the games but had its own flourishes (like Spear Pillar being hidden in a strange structure that had a hall of origin-esque set of stairs deep into formless chaos of the mountain and then to spear pillar itself).
I thought that was always meant to be Unown's realm that the two were invading? The scene I was thinking of was the opening of the 12th movie, about two and a half minutes in:

1644961363977.png

1644961387966.png

This movie came well after Platinum's release, so it makes sense they'd fleshed out the concept by then, but I remember Platinum's portals looking very similar to this. These new descriptions sound a lot more eldritch; in particular, Palkia's world being torn to ribbons makes it sound like Palkia just Spacial Rended the entire place in a rage or something. Makes sense with the general cosmic horror feeling of their new designs.

I thought that was always meant to be Unown's realm that the two were invading? The scene I was thinking of was the opening of the 12th movie, about two and a half minutes in:

This movie came well after Platinum's release, so it makes sense they'd fleshed out the concept by then, but I remember Platinum's portals looking very similar to this. These new descriptions sound a lot more eldritch; in particular, Palkia's world being torn to ribbons makes it sound like Palkia just Spacial Rended the entire place in a rage or something. Makes sense with the general cosmic horror feeling of their new designs.
oh yeahhh i forgot about this part. Yeah I think this was definitely made with Platinum in mind then, good recall.

You know kind of makes me realize there's probably a bit of unknown to what happend with Dialga & Palkia. With Giratina, while there's also still a lot of unknowns, it was fairly explicit in that it did Something and was Punished, but Dialga & Palkia less so; they were here and then...at some point....they weren't. You can only make some inferences

Unsurprisingly a Pokemon Presents is scheduled for the 27th, to the shock of noone.

Any bets? DLCs for Arceus? Update to BDSP? More remakes? Actual new games? None of the above?

(You know my theory, i fully expect gen 9 + Home compatibility announced)

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As usual with these kinds of things, I'm going into this with no expectations or assumptions whatsoever. Whatever gets announced will get announced, and the best way to go into this is to not assume anything about what will or will not be revealed.

Anything could happen, but until they officially reveal stuff when the Presents actually happens, I'm going to assume for now that each of the predicted things that people are betting on (whether it be PLA DLC, a new spin-off, or Gen 9) aren't necessarily going to be a thing until they explicitly confirm otherwise.

No to the DLC for Arceus. Given how well-received the SWSH DLC was, they'll want to get Arceus DLC right, and that game already involved a lot of work. Adding more to it will not happen quickly. We're getting Home compatibility, something Go-related(Hisui forms?), and a lot of back-patting over Arceus. Nothing else, in all probability.

The unlikely to be mentioned, but possible:
Some kind of QoL/bugfix/etc update to BDSP, possibly a similar one for Arceus, that's large enough to warrant mentioning alongside the Home update.
Remake/Sequel to some beloved Gamecube-era title. I expect this in a couple months, but right now they'll want to keep the focus on Arceus.
Clear mention of "Everyone loves some of the changes Arceus made to our traditional format, especially X, and we will be keeping that in mind for future titles". I don't expect to see this until the Gen 9 announcement, but maybe they'll want to build it up a bit.
(and I agree, 9 feels a long way off. Between the DLC and Arceus, they've had their hands full.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)