Pokemon.com's Pokemon Power Bracket: Mew wins!

I honestly don't understand why people are assuming we get a Pokemon to download at ALL out of this.

When I read "special downloadable prize pack" I immediately assumed screensavers and pictures and shit. We'll wait and see though, and I find it doubtful we'll get any dream world abilities out of this.

As such, I voted for the ones I like the best non-competitively. Don't worry, I still voted against Arceus :P
I think people are assuming it because it's kinda, sorta (Not really) similar to Japan's mascot giveaway that led to V-Create Ray. Still feel like this is going to pull a DW Arceus and the votes will be rigged in America to be the same as japan (If a pokemon is given away at all). I mean here's one argument I thought of for rigging. Arceus had more votes then Ditto (Which was massed voted on) in the first give away but now all the sudden it loses to Celebi? (Which could be because it's not announced if we got a pokemon, but if Arceus was so popular how is it losing now? Celebi was very far (I believe 7-8) slots below in the voting if not more).

Sorry for the rant. Just feel like Nintendo is copying Japan so they can be lazy and not have to create new pokes (If one is given out).

It's starting to look more and more like a Rayquazza win to me.

Hopefully, it would include a distribution of the V-Create Rayquazza from Japan. That was the result of a similar contest.

It's starting to look more and more like a Rayquazza win to me.

Hopefully, it would include a distribution of the V-Create Rayquazza from Japan. That was the result of a similar contest.
That was no where near similar. The Japan event was for all the Pokemon that have been on the cover of the main games.

That was no where near similar. The Japan event was for all the Pokemon that have been on the cover of the main games.

*Facepalm* This is a contest with all legendaries, that was a contest with all box legendaries (and the good old Kanto Starters and Pikachu). Notice a similarity? Only difference really is that there's a bigger selection and no Kanto Starters and Pikachu. This is the same type of thing where people vote for their favorite pokemon from the pool given. Please think before commenting like that. It's not a huge difference like you seem to make it be. It's just a slight pokemon pool difference.

Unrelated. I am also hoping Rayquaza doesn't win, but since it's a different version of the Jap contest I wouldn't be shocked. On the off chance something else wins and they actually give out the pokemon (Which is still unconfirmed) I wonder what else they will possibly do in terms of exclusive moves or dw abilities if a poke has one.

*Facepalm* This is a contest with all legendaries, that was a contest with all box legendaries (and the good old Kanto Starters and Pikachu). Notice a similarity? Only difference really is that there's a bigger selection and no Kanto Starters and Pikachu. This is the same type of thing where people vote for their favorite pokemon from the pool given. Please think before commenting like that. It's not a huge difference like you seem to make it be. It's just a slight pokemon pool difference.

Unrelated. I am also hoping Rayquaza doesn't win, but since it's a different version of the Jap contest I wouldn't be shocked. On the off chance something else wins and they actually give out the pokemon (Which is still unconfirmed) I wonder what else they will possibly do in terms of exclusive moves or dw abilities if a poke has one.
there's no need for a facepalm. Just because legendaries were in both doesn't make them similar. This one is meant for legendaries and the one from Japan was for the box mascots. It was totally different.

there's no need for a facepalm. Just because legendaries were in both doesn't make them similar. This one is meant for legendaries and the one from Japan was for the box mascots. It was totally different.
They may or may not be similar, but the possibility of the winner being Rayquazza of both is very much open. In fact, given current standings, it would appear that Rayquazza is the most popular cover Pokemon, not from Gen I or V.

We've got good reason to believe that the contest which Arceus won was rigged, especially given the exit of Arceus in this contest. It would be plausible that Nintendo of America would rig another contest, with a planned end result.

Until Rayquazza loses, it remains highly possible, that Rayquazza will win and a similar WiFi promotion to what Japan received is announced, and a pre-designed shirt is made available on Hot Topic.

My personal belief is that the Arceus one was NOT rigged, but this one IS rigged.
Ironically enough I think it was more likely Arceus was rigged (considering all the vote abuse that was going on for Ditto/Mudkip (I think for the second, explaining how it got so high without winning) then this one. But I really do have the feeling both were rigged.

And on another note am I the only one able to vote for the first two set's of Pokemon or is my computer messed up?

It could be your browser, I had the same problem while using Chrome. Switching to IE fixed it.

Rigged or not, it's interesting to see 2 non-Ubers remaining this far into a poll. Not seeing any logic behind the Pokemon Professor Quarters though... Oak doesn't even get any Kanto pokes in his.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Seriously how's Rayquaza beating mewtwo on this? Unless it is indeed rigged in order to match japan's V-create Rayquaza >_<

Mewtwo just had a wifi event, everyone has that.
It's asking for people to vote their favorites for a T-Shirt and download pack featuring the pokemon. Doesn't mention anything about downloading pokemon so, technically, nobody is judging by that. So the more popular pokemon wins. But I personally don't see anything suspicious in Rayquaza beating Mewtwo. Think about it from everyone (little kids) view. "Purple cat or Green awesome looking dragon"? Really I think they blatantly put rayquaza up against crap, and the threats to eliminate it were gone early and had no chance of making it to him. With the popularity of Mew I'm thinking if Ray wins the contest is officially crap and rigged for ray to win so they can give that away.

Edit: Well contest has obvious winner, Just realized Mew is actually beating Celebi. Which makes it worse because Mew is essentially Mewtwo in this case and most likely won't win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)