Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which results in the same thing as a 2HKO. You're better off activating the sash then KOing with a priority move - that way, the suicide lead only gets SR up and doesn't get to explode or attack in some other fashion, which they do with the CR strategy, assuming it's faster than your lead.
Except if it works other field effects, it will work for 5 turns. Meaning 4 turns (After the lead has been KO'd) that your opponents items are worthless. CBers lose the boost to net certain KOs, CSers will miss their speed boost, walls (especially ones without reliable recovery) will miss their leftovers. Seriously... Nulling your opponents items for 4-5 turns can give a great lead. But, you'll have to plan your team accordingly (aka, items aren't "needed").

who is going to looks at the list of all the pokemon when the japanese game comes out, and who is going to wait, to find out stuff for themselves?
I'm going to avoid looking at any Pokemon (That aren't from official pre-release stuff). I want the majority of 'em to be a surprise ingame, so my team will be really ~unplanned~ and it make it more fun not knowing what to expect! Especially with Gym leaders and the Elite 4.

I'm going to avoid looking at any Pokemon (That aren't from official pre-release stuff). I want the majority of 'em to be a surprise ingame, so my team will be really ~unplanned~ and it make it more fun not knowing what to expect! Especially with Gym leaders and the Elite 4.
thats how i think as well.. i miss how i was back in R/B days. But it's going to be so difficult to wait till spring.. really. I want it this fall!

thats how i think as well.. i miss how i was back in R/B days. But it's going to be so difficult to wait till spring.. really. I want it this fall!
It's gonna be nearly impossible to avoid seeing all of them if you frequent any kind of Pokemon related website/forum. That's why I gave up hopes of concealing them till I play.

I just hope to fuck Wargle evolves into a badass Fighting/Flying type. Only problem is, it already looks badass and seems fully evolved.

Honestly, Scicky, it looks way more like some hyper stylized cell than a hyper stylized water bear... heck, the resemblance isn't even vague as a water bear... :P At least with a cell, you can say "oh hey it's stuff in jelly!"

But I'm under the assumption we won't have a damn clue what it is until a Pokedex entry, and even then it might not be obvious.

Also, checked Pokebeach again and it had the Japanese word for chaos, which is what they meant the name might have come from... I thought they were trying to say "kurusu" was some fucked up corruption of the actual English word chaos... Oops... :P

Still don't think that really fits Greenindescribablemon (though I guess the proper name is Rankurusu now)...

Pretty sure Wargle is a single-stager. Unfortunately.

I know Gothlolimon-- errr, Gochiruzeru's information has to be there... I wonder if we'll get a shot of it before the official website is updated with the information?

Guys, I think we should wait til the magazine is actually released. The Pokebeach poster who said the names were wrong may still be false. We don't have a picture of the full page yet, and I think we are missing some vital information between goth and greenbomb.

Goth could possibly be the Homunculus Psychic thing, it makes more sense as a Homunculus than greenbomb does, either way the missing information on one of them sets everything straight. We just need to wait til the 15th.

Wargle definitely looks fully evolved, I think it is a basic but it could also be a stage two Pokemon. Not all Pokemon have to be OU, I'll just be glad if it is useful in game like Staraptor (instead of Pidgeot and Noctowl -.-). Besides, it could have a decent BST if it isn't found in the beginning of the game. Or, Free Fall itself could be so good that it might be able to be the fastest user of it. The fastest Flying-type with access to punching moves is Charizard, and this thing looks like it could easily be over 100 base speed.

EDIT: OK I realized this post doesn't make much sense. I guess what I am trying to say is Charizard (and Staraptor) look like the fastest Flying-types capable of picking up a Pokemon and flying in the air with it.

Where you now? When did you notice?
In the second set of shots we got, it shows the attack Magic Room being used. It says "Foe Gochiruzeru used Magic Room!", where the foe was the Gothlolimon. And then that clicked with the organization of the information on the page that included it, Wargle, and Greenindescribablemon/Rankurusu. I had originally thought the information was just haphazardly placed, since it's a kid's magazine and it's not like it matters to them how organized it is. If that had been the case, Gothlolimon would have been placed directly over the information explaining "Rankurusu", but the intention wasn't that the information was for her but rather Greenindescribablemon, which is right next to it, which is hard to figure since we only got cut-off scans. Nobody questioned it as well because we had gotten prior "confirmation" that Gothlolimon was Rankurusu, Greenindescribablemon was Gochiruzeru (and along with that, Tinytuskmon was Kibago). Whoever gave the information probably just got the names mixed up.

Or at least, that's how it played out for me. And as far as I know nobody realized until the second set of scans, so.

on 15th i will be busy watching paul VS barry on the sinnoh league so no thanks.

i am not coming here as often so i am using serebii to check the news so far. guess this generation will have more important human characters then the others huh? im getting a 3DS for BW if only for the special function they are gonna add, not like it will change gameplay that much but the 3DS is cool anyway.

sadly as much i want to wait until the USA release of the game i dont think i will survive if i dont see the entire pokedex once the games are out in japan, i know i will be runing the surprises and everything but is literally nothing i can do. i MUST see that soon as possible.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
yeah, a lot of people don't read Japanese, either.
I said "everybody" as in "every translator from Serebii, Pokébeach, Pokéjungle and Bulbapedia", as they all obviously know Japanese and even then overlooked that battle screen from the second batch of scans.

And I said that joking, of course. It was almost a self-deprecating joke, actually. And maybe that guy linked on Pokébeach's first post probably noticed the mistake before me, but I'm not in the mood to check it now.

I said "everybody" as in "every translator from Serebii, Pokébeach, Pokéjungle and Bulbapedia", as they all obviously know Japanese and even then overlooked that battle screen from the second batch of scans.

And I said that joking, of course. It was almost a self-deprecating joke, actually.

Ranma (chaos) + homunculus.
And humunculus is a scientific term for a small humanoid creature
"Currently, in scientific fields, a homunculus may refer to any scale model of the human body that, in some way, illustrates physiological, psychological, or other abstract human characteristics or functions."

so there's that.

I don't see how one can say Rankurusu looks nothing like a water bear but hey, it's sooooo a plant cell...lol
Last time I checked plant cells didn't have limbs and a face, at least water bears have those.
It think it's really stylized, playing on the "water" and "bear" rather than the exact form of the creature with that name.
Anyway, the fact that we aren't quite sure what it is, is what makes it so cool.
I think I'll have to use it now.

In the second set of shots we got, it shows the attack Magic Room being used. It says "Foe Gochiruzeru used Magic Room!", where the foe was the Gothlolimon. And then that clicked with the organization of the information on the page that included it, Wargle, and Greenindescribablemon/Rankurusu. I had originally thought the information was just haphazardly placed, since it's a kid's magazine and it's not like it matters to them how organized it is. If that had been the case, Gothlolimon would have been placed directly over the information explaining "Rankurusu", but the intention wasn't that the information was for her but rather Greenindescribablemon, which is right next to it, which is hard to figure since we only got cut-off scans. Nobody questioned it as well because we had gotten prior "confirmation" that Gothlolimon was Rankurusu, Greenindescribablemon was Gochiruzeru (and along with that, Tinytuskmon was Kibago). Whoever gave the information probably just got the names mixed up.

Or at least, that's how it played out for me. And as far as I know nobody realized until the second set of scans, so.
I know all that. Wasn't talking to you anyway lol.

I was under the impression he was saying that he was the first to notice that green blob is Psychic type and Magic Guard, and not the goth. Not that it matters anyway.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Everyone is obsessed with wargle getting encourage (though he is awesome!!), but I haven't seen anything about that fire monkey (at least a heard he had it). Both fire blast and flare blitz get boosted. I still believe he will take recoil from flare blitz, but it's burn rate will contribute to the power.

Everyone is obsessed with wargle getting encourage (though he is awesome!!), but I haven't seen anything about that fire monkey (at least a heard he had it). Both fire blast and flare blitz get boosted. I still believe he will take recoil from flare blitz, but it's burn rate will contribute to the power.
We've known about Hihidaruma having Encourage for a while now, and it's been discussed at length, which is why the focus is now turned on this new batch of Pokemon.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
We've known about Hihidaruma having Encourage for a while now, and it's been discussed at length, which is why the focus is now turned on this new batch of Pokemon.
Oh I had know idea we knew what encourage did when he came out. Bulbipedia didn't tell me :( I feel so lied to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)