Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think seasons will even matter for battles unless it's doing something game changing, such as the weathers or space/time alter moves.

I assume it would use the host's season like it does with all the other mechanics like Hypnosis's Accuracy change from DP to Pt.

I don't see why we can't just let all the different season forms be there at the same time.
What about Random Battles then, there is no host.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I understand. But that doesn't answer my question. :/
It kinda does. If all persons have the same month it would work. But if someone where to change the actual month, it would be troublesome if the move does change according to seasons. It's tricky. We'll just have to wait three days.

Personally, I don't think there is a move that changes. It's unnecessary and to troublesome.

In overall I like those designs of Pokemon in B&W, so I won't complain here. Well, for me most interesting Pokemon may be Dentchura. Electric/Bug is resisted in OU only by Magnezone, Gliscor and Rotom-A if I'm not mistaken. And if Dentchura will have usable special attack (90-100) then it may abuse STAB Thunder (thanks to Compoundeyes and if I'm not mistaken with it it has 92,5% accuracy) and Bug Buzz with good effect. Unfortunately, Game Freak hates bug types for some reason, when Scizor has 500 BST and in overall they have 400-450 most of time. Well, I think stats spread like this would be fine (assuming 450 BST):

HP 80
Atk 40
Def 70
SpA 95
SpD 70
Spe 95

I think this would be good enough ;). Good resistances to switch into, enough power to abuse STAB Thunder, STAB Bug Buzz and solid speed. Unfortunately I don't remember Game Freak giving to any Bug Pokemon Calm Mind/Nasty Plot, so I don't think it would chance right now, but who knows ;). Fortunately there's a good possibility for Agility.

Also Basurao and Adaptibility sounds neat ;). Give it Dragon Dance, usable speed and attack + rain and it may be close to being broken :P. Waterfall in Rain would reach... 270 base power if I'm not mistaken.
Unfortunately, I highly doubt Denchura will get Bug Buzz. Only the winged bugs get it, and it's flavour text: The user vibrates its wings to generate a damaging sound wave, kinda rules out Denchura from learning it. If it's lucky, it'll get Signal Beam (-15 drop in power though from Bug Buzz!). Hopefully it has 90+ SpA stat and respectable speed.

Adaptability on Basurao sounds killer, as long as they don't ruin it by "balancing" him and giving it like 60/60 offense <_<.

What about Random Battles then, there is no host.
Are you sure? I assume the game would just choose a host randomly. Halo 3 has hosts for its matchmaking games but no one actually decides to become the host.

I suppose Season Beam could just use the season of the Pokemon using it. It seems like a pain to program but it's probably easier than changing seasons every month.

It kinda does. If all persons have the same month it would work. But if someone where to change the actual month, it would be troublesome if the move does change according to seasons. It's tricky. We'll just have to wait three days.

Personally, I don't think there is a move that changes.
I'm helping you out SuperJOCKE. Not attacking you; just letting you know ahead of time.

Besides with what SuperJOCKE said above, having seasons would kind of perform the same tasks weather is already doing. Especially Summer and Winter. I can't see them doing anything else other than performing the same task that Sunny Day/Hail already performs.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Are you sure? I assume the game would just choose a host randomly. Halo 3 has hosts for its matchmaking games but no one actually decides to become the host.

I suppose Season Beam could just use the season of the Pokemon using it. It seems like a pain to program but it's probably easier than changing seasons every month.
What's this Season Beam you're talking about?

And that host thing. In some games, like Super Street Fighter IV, a host creates a room with the rules he/she wants and then other players can search for a host.

Season Antler's move probably just changes depending on the season of itself, the question is whether Season Antler changes depending on the current season or just the season it was caught.

I'm helping you out SuperJOCKE. Not attacking you; just letting you know ahead of time.

Besides with what SuperJOCKE said above, having seasons would kind of perform the same tasks weather is already doing. Especially Summer and Winter. I can't see them doing anything else other than performing the same task that Sunny Day/Hail already performs.
I don't think seasons will have an effect on battles at all (at least not in the way of weather effects). I'm just asking because its possible that Shikijika and Mebukijika's Antler attack may change depending on what season it is (because I'm sure their different forms have more than just to do with their appearance). If that is the case, seasons are necessary for the deers' usefulness.

If its always 'spring' online, for example, their signature move would be just as useless as Nature Power or Secret Power are online.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE

Exactly.

But what would the change be... The type? The effect? Like I said, it's almost too much for a Game Mechanic.

Wait, has it been confirmed that the season deer Pokemon explicitly change everytime a new season rolls around, or is like West vs East Shellos, where the aesthetic change is permanent (ie, deer caught in the winter will have it's winter form forever or only for the season of winter)? This would mean "Season Beam" would be type-exclusive to the certain forms (Winter = ice, blah blah).

?_? know what I mean? It seems more logical to me to have it that way, than having the thing cycle through sprites and attack type every month lol.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
Wait, has it been confirmed that the season deer Pokemon explicitly change everytime a new season rolls around, or is like West vs East Shellos, where the aesthetic change is permanent (ie, deer caught in the winter will have it's winter form forever or only for the season of winter)? This would mean "Season Beam" would be type-exclusive to the certain forms (Winter = ice, blah blah).

?_? know what I mean? It seems more logical to me to have it that way, than having the thing cycle through sprites and attack type every month lol.
I want it to stay the same. I like disco deer.

But nobody knows at the point being.

I don't think seasons will have an effect on battles at all (at least not in the way of weather effects). I'm just asking because its possible that Shikijika and Mebukijika's Antler attack may change depending on what season it is (because I'm sure their different forms have more than just to do with their appearance). If that is the case, seasons are necessary for the deers' usefulness.

If its always 'spring' online, for example, their signature move would be just as useless as Nature Power or Secret Power are online.
That's the part that really doesn't work then. Can you imagine having hail in the summer? Or it's bright and shiny or raining or even a sandstorm blowing in the middle of winter? I really think the season is there just for appeals and to make obtaining pokemon seem more natural.

The antler attack, I believe is just a physical grass move that it uses. It'll probaly end up on other pokemon that has branches or sticks of some sort to use the move.

What's this Season Beam you're talking about?

And that host thing. In some games, like Super Street Fighter IV, a host creates a room with the rules he/she wants and then other players can search for a host.
blasphemy1 meantioned a move called Seasonal Beam.

Pokemon (currently) and Left 4 Dead also work like Super Street Fighter IV but what I'm saying is that someone doesn't need to choose to be the host for the game to choose a host to do all the calculations and stuff in.

Edit: It does hail in the Summer and I've seen it be sunny or raining in the middle of Winter as well. It technically shouldn't be able to sandstorm anywhere where there isn't sand, but Pokemon are magical creatures; they can do whatever the hell they want.

Oh I didn't think of this possibility! :<

I always assumed that they change with the seasons. In the anime, at least, Shikajika grows grass-fur when the season changes, so I thought they'd implement it in the game, too. But it would be much simpler if they just stayed the form they were caught in.

That's the part that really doesn't work then. Can you imagine having hail in the summer? Or it's bright and shiny or raining or even a sandstorm blowing in the middle of winter? I really think the season is there just for appeals and to make obtaining pokemon seem more natural.

The antler attack, I believe is just a physical grass move that it uses. It'll probaly end up on other pokemon that has branches or sticks of some sort to use the move.
I guess so, but there have been weirder things in Pokemon. And who says it can't rain in the summer or hail in the spring? :X IF Season Antler really does change its typing depending on the seasons there should be the option to keep it a certain season in online battles. I'm sure seasons won't make any visual effects or anything besides changing Mebukijika/Shiki's sprite/attack (if it were implemented in online battles).

I'd be fine with it being just a Grass attack, though. It'll be on my team no matter what. ^_^

That's the part that really doesn't work then. Can you imagine having hail in the summer? QUOTE]

It actually does hail in the summer. It hailed in western New York this summer and when I lived in Mexico (tropical climate) we got hail during bad storms.

Moreover, this season dilemma would apply to the fire ape thing too. Since it has a winter form (And it even changes type in the winter).

I'm going to assume the pokemon remains in the seasonal form you captured it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)