Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That bug pokemon looks really cool. I don't really care if it turns out to be OU or not but that pokemon is definitely going to be on my ingame team.

I knew it was reminding me of something.

Why does there seem to be so many birds this gen? That's 4 already (Including Hatooboo).
Didn't they say they wanted to go back to what make the originals so good? Apparently that means a ton of Normal/Flying birds and Psychic-types. xD

Meh, it's cute and all, but there are so many cool bugs that they haven't touched on. It's kind of a letdown to give us another caterpillar--->butterfly/moth.

Still, it is making the perfect "dat ass" face, so I can forgive it.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Didn't they say they wanted to go back to what make the originals so good? Apparently that means a ton of Normal/Flying birds and Psychic-types. xD
Zing!

At least the new Normal/Flying and Psychic-types have the potential to be interesting. Wargle already looks great and the other birds haven't proved to be a disappointment yet. The Psychic-types look very unique. I think they'll each fill a useful niche (but not necessarily in the standard metagame).

Meh, it's cute and all, but there are so many cool bugs that they haven't touched on. It's kind of a letdown to give us another caterpillar--->butterfly/moth.
Well, it won't necessarily be a butterfly or moth. Weedle didn't turn out that way. A lot of insects have caterpillar-like larvae.

may not be a caterpillar?

I dunno though .-.

I've personally always been fond of the bug evolutions. I don't care if it evolves into anything strong... The flavor of the Pokemon is what matters. Strong Pokemon should be kept to late game, difficult to evolve, and legendary Pokemon.

I agree. Pokemon games tend to follow the same Pokedex patterns, with several "stock" Pokemon. There's the Fire/Grass/Water starters, the Normal 2 stage rodents, the Electric rodent, the 2 or 3 part Normal/Flying birds, and the 3 stage Caterpillar> Chrysalis> Moth/Butterfly. Logic dictates this will be the same.

It doesn't, however, have to be Bug/Flying, or have god awful stats and ability. I hope GF do something to fix this at least. Look at Dustox, he's a BAMF, but sucks competively. Such a waste.

May I ask what that is the larva of?

~Evex
Educated guess says, based on its size and coloration, it's probably some sort of giant beetle, like an atlas beetle larva or something.

EDIT: Ninja'd

@The guy saying there's so many birds: I wouldn't really count Hatohpoh, since that's clearly an evolution of Mamepato. So that's three bird lines. I guess you can sorta consider that a lot though, I suppose.

I actually don't particularly care for our new caterpillar friend. I like the idea (it's apparently supposed to be a baby-- I'm surprised it doesn't have one of those stylized animu pacifiers like Koenma in Yu Yu Hakusho or Bon Bonne in Mega Man Legends and such), but it just strikes me as sorta strange. The big head is probably supposed to be an exaggeration of how babies can appear to have big heads, but I think maybe it's a little overexaggerated here. And it seems Bug/Grass which is interesting since only Paras and Parasect share it, but it probably won't have the luxury of spore seeing as it has no apparent relation to fungus, but it can maybe hope to get Butterfree's blessing Compoundeyes and Sleep Powder. Which will be useful in-game if nowhere else. If it's an consolation, it'll probably get some sort of unique split evolution-- Gen I had two early bug cocoon Pokemon, Gen III had one that split at the chrysalis stage. I think early bugs are practically doomed to failure because of their awful BST thanks to their early evolutions. I don't think this guy can hope to even breach 400.

Shikijika doesn't strike me as anything special. Just your average Pokemon (though I'm in that group of people who thinks it will get season-based evolutions).

Meanswan (I like that name) is kinda cool though. It seems to exude personality, and I like Pokemon like that. Too bad it's probably going to get Water/Flying. I'm not fond of the typing myself.

I was really hoping Victiny would be Fire/Electric. SOOO close. Oh well, Fire/Psychic is cool typing, though I guess in the current metagame it wouldn't fare so well.

I remember a rumour a while back that said something about one of the bird pokes, I think mamopato, evolving into something very different. And with that supposed middle evo, Hatooboo, having similar colour patterns, I think it could evolve into the swan

Guys, quick question. I am going to buy this game, like a lot of you guys, but will competitive battling from hg/ss die over time? With the release of these new Pokemon, I'm sure a new metagame will be implemented...and I'm starting to come back to competitive pokemon D: ugh..

Guys, quick question. I am going to buy this game, like a lot of you guys, but will competitive battling from hg/ss die over time? With the release of these new Pokemon, I'm sure a new metagame will be implemented...and I'm starting to come back to competitive pokemon D: ugh..
correctomundo, nobody will be playing hg/ss metagame when black and white come out in english :P

It won't be fast, but it will certainly become inactive eventually, just as very few, if any, people still play RB/GS/RS anymore.

As i have been seeing around just recently, there is talk about what the gym types are. the info supposedly comes from the same person(s) that were right about team plasma and "N"

as I seen on serebii

Gym 1
Name: Kenta
Type: Water
Young kid who wears a sun hat

Gym 2
Name: Asuka
Type: Ground
Teenager who wears short skirt and glasses. Gym is in a cave.

Gym 3
Name: Hayate
Type: Ice
Wears a snowman costume. Rides snowboard.

Gym 4
Name: Aroe
Type: Grass
Dark young woman with apron who has strong morals

Gym 5
Name: Masaru
Type: Poison
Teenage boy in wheelchair. Has terminal sickness.

Gym 6
Name: Yoko
Type: Fire
Young woman. Cheerleader. Red hair. Also does Pokemon Dancing competitions.

Gym 7
Name: Makato
Type: Dragon
Rich kid who lives in the big city.

Gym 8
Name: Nanami
Type: Dark
Mysterious trainer. Wears a mask to hide identity!

all unconfirmed and a bit strange but seeing how things have been going i wouldn't doubt it.

As i have been seeing around just recently, there is talk about what the gym types are. the info supposedly comes from the same person(s) that were right about team plasma and "N"

as I seen on serebii

Gym 1
Name: Kenta
Type: Water
Young kid who wears a sun hat

Gym 2
Name: Asuka
Type: Ground
Teenager who wears short skirt and glasses. Gym is in a cave.

Gym 3
Name: Hayate
Type: Ice
Wears a snowman costume. Rides snowboard.

Gym 4
Name: Aroe
Type: Grass
Dark young woman with apron who has strong morals

Gym 5
Name: Masaru
Type: Poison
Teenage boy in wheelchair. Has terminal sickness.

Gym 6
Name: Yoko
Type: Fire
Young woman. Cheerleader. Red hair. Also does Pokemon Dancing competitions.

Gym 7
Name: Makato
Type: Dragon
Rich kid who lives in the big city.

Gym 8
Name: Nanami
Type: Dark
Mysterious trainer. Wears a mask to hide identity!

all unconfirmed and a bit strange but seeing how things have been going i wouldn't doubt it.
i hope to god this is true

Can we get the specific post you got this from? If it's someone like Sabonea_Masukippa translating, I'd be more inclined to believe this, especially if it's from the Team Plasma/Professor Araragi guy. It's very interesting to hear all this stuff. It's almost surprising to hear the lengths they're going to to feel similar to RGB-- route numbering restart, a Pokedex full of entirely new Pokemon, even a mysterious final gym leader.

Wait. The first Gym Leader... isn't Rock-type based on that list? Hmmm. THAT strikes me as fishy. Also... no mention of a Bug Gym Leader... when we clearly have one. Unless for some reason the honey-themed gym isn't Bug-type. Which would be strange but not unbelievable I suppose. A lot the characters sound strange, like the Ice-type Gym Leader dressed in a snowman costume and the Poison-type Gym Leader with a terminal illness (LOL)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)