Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
If dual-type attacks work the way we think they do, then they're statistically worse than mono-type attacks.
For example, Flying Press would only deal neutral damage against most steel-types instead of SE damage.
The only way they would be good is if they bypass resistances like Freeze Dry, though that move isn't exactly a dual-type attack...
Man, this is getting so confusing.
I feel like their niche would be to help deal with the 4 slot move syndrome, as one move gets additional coverage.

I don't know if you can get a 4x SE or NVE or not though.

Zapdos resists both, while Sawsbuck is weak to both.

Fighting is x0 against Ghost/Ground. Flying is x1 against Ghost/Ground. 0*1=0
Golurk is immune.

It really isn't that complicated... it isn't two separate attacks.
But it doesn't say multiply, it say deal fighting AND flying damage.
I would assume they average not multiply.
(0+1)/2=50% dmg against ghosts.
Like half of the dmg is flying and half is fighting.

1.5x dmg against Fighting, 1.25x dmg against Rock or Steel, etc.
I think this is definitely how it will work. It adds more to the table(1.25x dmg and 1.5x instead of only the regular options) and doesn't do ridiculous shit like every is speculating(32x dmg on Parasect).

Last edited:
I really hope the megas would touch the untapped realm of bst between 600-680. So far, Kyurem, Groudon, Kyogre, Regigigas and Slaking are the pokemon to do so. I'll be bummed if everything just sum up to 600 after a megalution, boring.
...and Mewtwo, Reshiram, Zekrom, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Rayquaza, Lugia, Ho-oh... There are definitely more than just those 5 in that range.

So what is the STAB boost going to be X2.25?

Flying/Fighting is underwhelming as a dual attack. But I'm sure there are combinations which could be brutal

so here is my speculation for Flying Press for it's type coverage with a breakdown:

Flying as an attack:
Resisted by: Electric, Rock, Steel
Super Effective against: Bug, Grass, Fighting

Fighting as an attack:
Immune by: Ghost
Resisted by: Bug, Poison, Psychic, Flying, Fairy
Super Effective against: Normal, Rock, Steel, Ice, Dark

So would this attack be:
Immune by: Ghost
Resisted by: Electric, Poison, Psychic, Flying, Fairy
Super Effective against: Grass, Fighting, Normal, Ice, Dark

something like that makes sense, but the move will only get the STAB bonus from being fighting type

From what I can see in the picture the move flying press is type fighting and deals both flying and fighting damage.
Taking the example of muddy water already proposed let's say that a vaporeon uses it against a magcargo. If muddy water is water type and deals water and ground damage deals 24x (4x-4x-1,5x ground water and stab) if it's ground type does 16x damage.
Remember that stab means same TYPE attack bonus, so the multiplier of effectiveness is calculated on damage and stab on the type

i mean, if it changed to a water/ground attack, swampert would get a 2.25x bonus, so it would do 36x damage on magcargo....please don't let it get to that

None of the Pokemon you mentioned are between 600 and 680. They're all at exactly 680. The only Pokemon between those two numbers are the ones sunshinesan mentioned.
But if 680 is a part of that range, then they're included. Sunshinesan included Kyogre and Groudon so I assumed that's what was meant.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I added a disclaimer to the calculator. Most of these stats are probably high (in the range of 4-8) for the submissions so far.

This whole deal with flying press looks to be something that had to be added in special for a particular move rather than the norm. It seems doubtful you'll see many others.

Before everyone starts getting ridiculous with dual type speculation... If you take the description LITERALLY(meaning based on actually reading it), it would make sense that you would do half of your damage with Flying and half with Fighting.
Examples:
Flying Press against Regirock
Fighting does 2x damage and Flying does .5x
(2+.5)/2=1.25x damage

Flying Press against Parasect
Fighting does .5x dmg and Flying does 4x dmg
(.5+4)/2=2.25x damage

Flying Press against Gengar
Fighting does 0x dmg and Flying does 1x
(0+1)/2=.5x damage

Also, it is a Fighting attack so it will only receive Fighting STAB. It just happens to do half of its damage as Flying.
I am confident that this is how it works because that is PRECISELY how it reads and coincidentally offers the most balanced gameplay.

i mean, if it changed to a water/ground attack, swampert would get a 2.25x bonus, so it would do 36x damage on magcargo....please don't let it get to that
I don't think it would. If you look at the Flying Press' screenshot, it shows it's Fighting-type - it's just the effect description that mentions it's both Fighting and Flying. This, to me, implies that it only gets Fighting STAB.

With the double type moves like Flying Press...since STAB means Same Type attack bonus, wouldn't it make sense that in order to get STAB, the user would need to match both of its types?

In the muddy water example, a vaporeon would not get STAB because it is not Water/Ground, but a Swampert or Quagsire would.

I think the flying/fighting bird thing is the most ugly pokemon I have ever seen, and I really don't like how the move is similtaniously 2 types,

I like this a lot more. And is flying press really the best name they could think of! Anyway, I wonder what other dual type moves there will be. What would the best combination be?
Flying Press is the name of a wrestling move famously used by Mexican Luchadors, which is exactly what hawlucha is based off. So yes, I think it is the best name they could think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)