Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so the Watermelmon is fake. Now lets talk about things that have been proven. Everyone cares about Watermelmon. It is cute. Hopefully, we can get an evolution for pokemon that actually need one. Anyway, Watermelmon looks too fake. How would the sprite even look on the 3DS anyway?

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I just found out that Nintendo will be displaying a new Super Smash Bros Game. Do you think they'll have 6th gen Pokemon in it?

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I just found out that Nintendo will be displaying a new Super Smash Bros Game. Do you think they'll have 6th gen Pokemon in it?
Please tell me one reason they WOULDN'T put 6th gen pokemon on a game like SSB. It defies all logic for tem Natu.

One of the "seeds" is cracked
you can see the yolk

e: The pokedex even gives up after gen 2 and just straight up calls them eggs
What you observe to be a "yolk" I observe to be the embryo inside the seed coat. The Pokedex might refer to them as eggs, however it makes a lot more sense if they are in fact seeds (or fruits, in which case the "yolk" or "embryo" is the seed itself) due to Exeggutor resembling a coconut tree. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time GameFreak has used layman's terms (esp. in the Pokedex) to simplify concepts. There are several analogies between (fertilized) eggs and seeds.

Regardless, I still stand by my assumption that many people disapprove of Pokemon based solely on human made objects or food items. Despite Pokemon botching the concept of evolution from its inception, at least the Pokemon were still fit to survive in their environment. I can't imagine a situation in which it would pay to be accidentally eaten by a unaware child with a sweet tooth.

Please tell me one reason they WOULDN'T put 6th gen pokemon on a game like SSB. It defies all logic for tem Natu.
Smash games use popular Nintendo icons. It defies all logic for gen 6 to already have something as popular or recognizable as Pikachu or Jigglypuff. People that don't play Pokemon have seen them and could possibly recognize them. I don't think that's been the case with any Pokemon since Mudkipz was a thing, or I guess Smugleaf but even that was to a lesser extent.

Wat. Why are you inventing Pokémon? I thought that the dinosaur incident in the first thread resulted in the posters getting told that this is NOT the place to collaborate on making up new Pokémon o_o

Let's talk about the wristwatch/bangle thingamabob that the player character's wear on their left wrist. It seems implied that it's the new gear("Gear" applies to any crucial device for travelling/gameplay that isn't the Pokedex, such as the Pokegear, Pokenav, Poketch, or C-Gear), but what is it?

What
is
it
???

What you observe to be a "yolk" I observe to be the embryo inside the seed coat. The Pokedex might refer to them as eggs, however it makes a lot more sense if they are in fact seeds (or fruits, in which case the "yolk" or "embryo" is the seed itself) due to Exeggutor resembling a coconut tree. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time GameFreak has used layman's terms (esp. in the Pokedex) to simplify concepts. There are several analogies between (fertilized) eggs and seeds.

Regardless, I still stand by my assumption that many people disapprove of Pokemon based solely on human made objects or food items. Despite Pokemon botching the concept of evolution from its inception, at least the Pokemon were still fit to survive in their environment. I can't imagine a situation in which it would pay to be accidentally eaten by a unaware child with a sweet tooth.
Are you seriously trying to tell people that you honestly believe Exeggcute with their yolk, cracks, perfect egg shape and color, are in fact seeds? Really?

I just hate the internet so much some times..

Are you seriously trying to tell people that you honestly believe Exeggcute with their yolk, cracks, perfect egg shape and color, are in fact seeds? Really?

I just hate the internet so much some times..
There's really no need to insult or use sarcasm to present your point. I explicitly stated reasons for the similarities that Game Freak may be trying to express between eggs and seeds. The fact that Exeggcute (purportedly an egg) evolves into Exeggutor (veritably a coconut tree) is in my opinion a bit far-fetched. By the way, there's absolutely zero reason to believe that the name must be indicative of the origins of the Pokemon and can't merely be suggesting the melding of designs of eggs and seeds.

EDIT: FireRed's Pokedex entry: Even though it appears to be eggs of some sort, it was discovered to be a life-form more like plant seeds.

This is consistent with my argument.

i'm betting on mewtwo making his return. think about it. it's the best of both worlds! not only is he an original, familiar 'mon, but they could find some way to incorporate the new forme to add hype for generation 6.

OK I'm only gonna say this once; If you think the Vanilluxe like is a literal ice cream you are wrong

It is an icicle, this thing

with snow on top

Vanilluxe happens to look like ice cream it doesn't taste sweet, it tastes like snow and ice cause it is a living piece of ice with snow on it

Smash games use popular Nintendo icons. It defies all logic for gen 6 to already have something as popular or recognizable as Pikachu or Jigglypuff. People that don't play Pokemon have seen them and could possibly recognize them. I don't think that's been the case with any Pokemon since Mudkipz was a thing, or I guess Smugleaf but even that was to a lesser extent.
Mewtwo could easily get in and use Newtwo to advertise it while various 6th gen Pokemon show up in the Pokeball item.

Why you guys deny that Vanillite (Vanilla + Lite omfg) line is INDEED ice cream cones? Of course GameFreak states otherwise just for the sake of flavor. They won't ever say that they are Gastly-posessed scoops of vanilla Hagen-Daasz (or w/e the right spelling is.)

So it'd be likely that poor Lucario will get kicked out for Mewtwo's return. Oh, and on whether it is stupid for eggs to evolve into a coconut tree; Remoraid, Octilerry.

We still don't know anything. Plus, Exeggcute is from gen. I. I laugh if it is in X and Y in the wild now. And in an area that is based on France and a star, you have to think about what types of animals live in France. I'm thinking the Normal rodent will either be a mouse, squirrel, beaver, vole, or hedgehog. I'm also looking forward to a ferret.

What exactly is the problem with food based pokemon ? Pokemon have never been strictly limited to animals, Voltorb is a ball, Muk is a pile of ... shit, Porygon is a software thing...

Ok, it would be awful to eat such adorable and smart creatures but being based on food doesn't mean people usually eat them.

Pokedex entry says that kids eat Tropius' bananas so... shrug.

Anyway, this argument is stupid. So is the Exeggcute one. Good thing we're set to get a buttload of info next week...

Pokedex entry says that kids eat Tropius' bananas so... shrug.

Anyway, this argument is stupid. So is the Exeggcute one. Good thing we're set to get a buttload of info next week...
I'd just like to add that a banana is not a vital organ and the consumption of such an item is how seeds are dispersed over great distances. The same argument applies to Exeggcute.

@ Remoraid + Octillery analogy: not the same. Exeggcute are incorporated into Exeggutor itself, explicitly demonstrating that the coconuts or seeds are in fact Exeggcute. If you want to say it is an egg bearing tree, fine. I also understand Vanillite isn't ice cream. I'm more concerned with why a creature would imitate food when it would result in death.

Anyway, I agree the argument is irrelevant. Game Freak will make Pokemon based on their own inspirations and as they bring in new developers, new perspectives will be incorporated. Personally, I don't mind Pokemon based on food or human items for that matter. I think Chandelure is very cool. But Farfetch'd seemingly exists solely for consumption (although I think that's merely the Pokedex and professors being anthropocentric in their research).

Putting that behind us, is anyone going to E3 next week? Seeing how this is going to be a global release and this is the first time they will be doing this iirc, I think a lot of new information could be obtained.

I'd guess we might be seeing a demo at least, even if no new Pokemon are shown. I'm interested in seeing the battle interface.

What if Gamefreak clearly used one of Smogon's CAPs as a base/inspiration for a new gen 6 poke?
If they did make an obvious ripoff, the moderators/artist should be able to call them out for plagiarism. The same should apply on any forum where an artist is claiming the work as their own, and the design is not to be used for commercial use to any extent. But I like to believe that Game Freak is wary of their artistic fanbase. If they ever did make a Pokémon based on any fanmade -mon, it would be a design that the artist has willingly given up the personal and commercial rights to use for themselves, since every official Pokémon and character is licensed by Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)