Pokémon GO

Does the Home Dex need you to record a Paldean Wooper with the Go Mark, or is it covered by sending a regular Go-Wooper and thus mainly needed Clodsire itself as a distinct species entry?
All forms are under the same umbrella in the Home Dex, so I didn't need a Paldean Wooper specifically, just Clodsire. I did bring over a Paldean Wooper regardless though since I had so many, figured may as well. Never know when someone might want one.

The form thing is very funny to me personally because I saw people already grousing at how the Minior colors are probably going to be region locked, meanwhile I'm over here only needing to care about one of them

I was relieved that Tadbulb was on a timed research I could do, but I wound up finding one on my walk today anyway. Makes it easy!
I also found a Shiny Mareep, which is very nice.

I think I'm good until December now.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'll likely make a rare exception to accept raid invites for Mega Garchomp as this will be an opportunity not to miss out on even though I may have conflicts that would prevent me and my alt to go out and do the 2 gyms next to where I live. While it can be solo'd using a maxed out mega Rayquaza or mega Gardevoir, I'd rather duo it at least so I can get more mega energy that way.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
I'll likely make a rare exception to accept raid invites for Mega Garchomp as this will be an opportunity not to miss out on even though I may have conflicts that would prevent me and my alt to go out and do the 2 gyms next to where I live. While it can be solo'd using a maxed out mega Rayquaza or mega Gardevoir, I'd rather duo it at least so I can get more mega energy that way.
I'm currently stuck out in the countryside and will have limited time to do a few raids on my own (I do have two accounts, though) so if you want to join any raids with me that'd be much welcomed! I'll be raiding from 2pm GMT if that works for you.

Since Valentiens was around the corner and Furfrou was out with double candies, I decided to stock up so I can at least get the Heart trim (also the Matron and Debutante trims while I was at it) while continuing the long wait for Furfrou to come to a real game.
And while using the incense, I found and caught a Galarian Moltres!

I understand this is pretty rare, and hard to catch (even at a low CP with a razz berry & Ultra Ball, it was still a pretty dark red). Do we have exact rates on it, I'm curious how lucky I got. I even caught it that first Ultra Ball.

Since Valentiens was around the corner and Furfrou was out with double candies, I decided to stock up so I can at least get the Heart trim (also the Matron and Debutante trims while I was at it) while continuing the long wait for Furfrou to come to a real game.
And while using the incense, I found and caught a Galarian Moltres!

I understand this is pretty rare, and hard to catch (even at a low CP with a razz berry & Ultra Ball, it was still a pretty dark red). Do we have exact rates on it, I'm curious how lucky I got. I even caught it that first Ultra Ball.
No hard confirm on the spawn rates, but I believe the Galarian birds have either a 0.3% or 2.0% catch rate (i.e. before any scaling for level, Berry, or Nice/Great/Excellent throw) depending on which source you trust, and a 90% Flee Rate every time they escape a Ball. So getting any of them without a Master Ball is EXTREMELY lucky. Not counting one I Master Balled for a high CP, I have caught 4 Birds out of 35 I've seen since the Daily Adventure Incense was implemented I believe 1 year ago. Count yourself very lucky seeing and catching one at total random like that, whether as a trophy or a bargaining chip for something else rare it could trade for (since I assume Galarian Birds in general are high value given their limited access methods).

If Formes weren't counted together, Go-Marked Galarian Birds would probably be/remain the single rarest THING in the Home trade economy save for absolute true one-offs like Shiny Mythicals (and that still might vary because they're scarce-but-unlimited vs limited-but-guaranteed).

No hard confirm on the spawn rates, but I believe the Galarian birds have either a 0.3% or 2.0% catch rate (i.e. before any scaling for level, Berry, or Nice/Great/Excellent throw) depending on which source you trust, and a 90% Flee Rate every time they escape a Ball. So getting any of them without a Master Ball is EXTREMELY lucky. Not counting one I Master Balled for a high CP, I have caught 4 Birds out of 35 I've seen since the Daily Adventure Incense was implemented I believe 1 year ago. Count yourself very lucky seeing and catching one at total random like that, whether as a trophy or a bargaining chip for something else rare it could trade for (since I assume Galarian Birds in general are high value given their limited access methods).

If Formes weren't counted together, Go-Marked Galarian Birds would probably be/remain the single rarest THING in the Home trade economy save for absolute true one-offs like Shiny Mythicals (and that still might vary because they're scarce-but-unlimited vs limited-but-guaranteed).
Hot damn, that's crazy. 90% flee rate's...just cruel honestly.
yeah the plan is to keep this in Go as a sort of "just in case" chip. Keeps the options open in case someone wants to trade in Go at some point, and will likely be crucial for future possible trades.

And also yes now that I have better vibes about it, it's a definite little trophy for me lol.

You're not far off the mark about your rarest thing in the Home trade economy. I've probably commented on it before, but I have maybe seen one of the galarian birds be up on Home's GTS. There's likely some true-blue Go-mark collectors out there who have these 3 as their white whales...perhaps that's the real reason there's so many "asking for itself" Galarian Bird trades.

Hot damn, that's crazy. 90% flee rate's...just cruel honestly.
yeah the plan is to keep this in Go as a sort of "just in case" chip. Keeps the options open in case someone wants to trade in Go at some point, and will likely be crucial for future possible trades.

And also yes now that I have better vibes about it, it's a definite little trophy for me lol.

You're not far off the mark about your rarest thing in the Home trade economy. I've probably commented on it before, but I have maybe seen one of the galarian birds be up on Home's GTS. There's likely some true-blue Go-mark collectors out there who have these 3 as their white whales...perhaps that's the real reason there's so many "asking for itself" Galarian Bird trades.
Yeah, in absence of owning SwSh and the DLC myself (and not really inclined to pick them up any time soon), I'm basically stuck having to catch 2 of each, one for a Go Living Dex and one to send to Home for trading/Hyper Training etc. if I wanna play around with them on Cart.

With two days to go I finished by 60 raids and got my 2nd copy of the Master Ball. I even remembered to pop a lucky egg before I claimed all the rewards!

When they get around to releasing Marshadow I'll probably use one of the masterballs on it (and if it's a research quest mythical apparently the ball doesn't get used up). If it's a raid mythical then I guess I'll hold out for a shiny/hundo/shundo to use it on.

In other news, today may have been my best ever non-community day shiny haul: 3 female frillish, 1 absol, and a foongus.

With two days to go I finished by 60 raids and got my 2nd copy of the Master Ball. I even remembered to pop a lucky egg before I claimed all the rewards!

When they get around to releasing Marshadow I'll probably use one of the masterballs on it (and if it's a research quest mythical apparently the ball doesn't get used up). If it's a raid mythical then I guess I'll hold out for a shiny/hundo/shundo to use it on.

In other news, today may have been my best ever non-community day shiny haul: 3 female frillish, 1 absol, and a foongus.
To clarify on Research Mythicals, the capture is scripted and only uses Regular Pokeballs regardless of your inventory, while the Raids will be Premier Ball locked (and Shiny Raids are guaranteed), so at that point if you're using the Master Ball it's purely for Aesthetic rather than "don't let it get away" on a Shiny (Hundo is another story but you'd probably go through all-but-1 of the Premier Balls first).

Party event I'll be doing a lot of trading and raiding, easier to shiny hunt some Pokemon in GO than SV itself if they have indistinct shinies or only change a small feature like Bombirdier.

To clarify on Research Mythicals, the capture is scripted and only uses Regular Pokeballs regardless of your inventory, while the Raids will be Premier Ball locked (and Shiny Raids are guaranteed), so at that point if you're using the Master Ball it's purely for Aesthetic rather than "don't let it get away" on a Shiny (Hundo is another story but you'd probably go through all-but-1 of the Premier Balls first).
Yep, using the Masterball on Marshadow would just be for the aesthetic of having it stored in a ball with a big M on the front (and extra aestheticism for matching purple if catching a shiny).

QuentinQuonce

Met up with some friends for Mareep day today. Was a pretty fun day and since there was 1/4 hatching distance I hatched a whole bunch of eggs, including several 12kms I had stored. Hatched a couple of Sandile, which was nice, and this got me thinking: why is Sandile still so rare?

It was added to 12KM eggs in October 2020 and has had... pretty much no change in availability since then. It's never been available wild, hasn't been in field research or any events that I can remember, and hasn't even been a spawn in Go Fest or similar events. There are still plenty of rare Pokemon that remain rare years on from their introduction (Sneasel, Lapras, Rotom, Spiritomb, babies, basically any dragon) but pretty much everything has had at least some change to their availability.

It's absolutely a Pokemon I expect will get a community day eventually, but that usually comes after some small increases in availability (typically as an "if you're lucky" spawn in an event, or releasing the shiny to get people to buy incubators) so I don't see it getting one any time soon, not least because there are numerous other Unova Pokemon like Tynamo, Venipede, Sewaddle, and Vanillite who seem more likely to get a community day sooner. It's almost like they've forgotten about it.

It's even more noticeable when you take note of the fact it was introduced alongside Vullaby and Pawniard, both of which have been featured in events since their debut and have their shinies available now. Hell, even Pancham, which was introduced almost a year later than Sandile, has its shiny available now. Maybe it'll get its shiny released in the next Rocket takeover (there's rumoured to be one in January). You never know.

The new season information lines up with a leak that some people were less sure was real but is now very very real

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/17rv7mz
handy for knowing what my upcoming targets are for the Home dex and any issues to expect, and I'm sure things that make you folks groan

Oddly it doesn't have the stuff with Minior and the UBs that were in an earlier leak, though that also had the other winter stuff. Wonder what happened there.

Keep me in your thoughts when
basculin-white stripe drops on a Go Fest : (

QuentinQuonce

Yay for guaranteed XL candy on trades again! The only seasonal bonus I ever truly look forward to, everything else is fluff.

And yesssss, Reshiram back in raids babyyyy! I got a lucky hundo from a trade ages back and am currently on ~220 XL candies, so hopefully with a bit of perserverance can get to 296 during this week. Still got a few spares in my storage I can trade away now too. Unfortunately I'll be at my parents' house in the countryside for the entire time it's here so that'll make raiding it slightly less easy than it would have been but I believe it should can be duoable with party play.

Looks like more Hisuian Pokemon confined to raids, with Hisuian Samurott shortly and Wyrdeer most likely at the end of the month as the leaks said. I expect we'll get Hisuian Typhlosion in January and finally Hisuian Decidueye in February. Similarly, presumably January will have a "____ space" event to match this month's Adamant Time event, with possibly a Giratina-themed event in February to match.

Given that the leaks say Rowlet will have a community day in January, presumably we won't be able to evolve it into both forms. Which is annoying because I hatched a perfect Rowlet earlier this year. I also find it amusing that in the blog post about the Hisuian Samurott raid day it says "stay tuned to find out when this is" and then says "here are the bonuses you'll get on the 3rd of December" a paragraph later. It's like how the last few infographics haven't said which Pokemon will be featured in the upcoming month's community day but have said what'll be in showcases on that day.

The official preview shows Shadow Ho-Oh so I expect that means a raid day for that as well. That's a lot of raid days to come. Which tbh I'm good with (Shadow Ho-Oh should be duoable with party play too, right...?).

Re the spawn pool: Sneasel in cities is much appreciated, hope that'll be somewhat common. I'm still many XL candies away from being able to max my shadow hundo. And great to see Trubbish again! In cloudy weather it's very nearly 1k stardust per catch. Lately the weather has often been either Grass- or Fairy-boosting so all the Morelull in the last event made it very enjoyable. Even though it's winter where I am we very, very rarely get snowy weather in-game (it's most commonly windy or partially cloudy). Oh, and Passimian in the wild? Nice. That was quicker than expected. But if they're willing to move a raid/field research exclusive Pokemon into the wild after three months, can they please let us evolve Pokemon into their regional forms?! Galarian Weezing was released in 2019 ffs.

Not looking forward to another Route-centric event though. Tried doing one on Saturday for the hell of it and it failed to track my progress. Such a crappy mechanic, I'm in no way motivated to grind Zygarde cells.

And there's Go Tour news to follow! Leaks say Kanto classic but with this being a Hisui-themed season perhaps we'll get that Sinnoh Tour after all. We'll find out in a couple of hours... edit: yuppp, Sinnoh tour it is!

Last edited:
I wonder what the over-under is for me getting both one (1) more Kecleon encounter and a lucky trade before the shiny Shaymin research becomes available.

Niantic also pushed some new assets the other day, including origin Palkia and Dialga, and they pulled an image showcasing them, apparently, as if it was going to be a surprise that they would add them.

More enticing for me is that they finally added the assets for Marshadow. Has no bearing on whether or not it is coming any time soon (maybe for next GO Fest...), but I'd like to hope.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/183ojpj

For Shadow Ho-oh, I think you may be safest with a Trio because of the Enrage time and regular Duo being tricky last I checked.
That said we have a LOT of major Rock type upgrades, including but not limited to: Mega Tyranitar and Diancie releases, Shadow Rhyperior/Rampardos as regular attackers, Party Power, and greater availability for some of the old Rock options like Shadow Aero during Cliff's previous Wave, reruns for Gigalith CD coming and Adventure Week Fossils, all of which at least reach the "good" category.

It's not something I'd try without super optimization but it's more plausible than any of the other "Weekend" Shadow Legends thus far.

On other matters, Origin Formes are neat, makes me wonder if we'll get their Signature moves on one or both forms when they inevitably drop. Origin Palkia is just objectively better than normal, while Dialga is give-and-take such that Movepool probably decides the preferred form in either PvP or League.

Most of the other regular raids look good, though Reshiram and Zekrom aren't exciting beyond Candy since they continue the trend of not having their important Signature Legacy moves. Kyurem is in the same boat if I assume it's possible to make existing Kyurem into Black/White when they come out (which they're all over the map with forme changes in this game)

Alright so we're in a Hisui-focused season and tehre's a Sinnoh-focused Go fest soon and we have an event called "Adamant Time" playing on both Adaman and Dialga

So obviously the event is focused on

Kanto pokemon
Something I wish they did was ACTUALLY turn back the clock to 2016 and make the "caught" year on all the Pokemon from that event to be such (since Older Pokemon have higher Lucky Odds, or those up-to-15/25 guarantees). Would be nice since most of the Kanto species are not very useful in PvP or Raids at this point, but also so old they're not hard to find for Dex entries either.

QuentinQuonce

Something I wish they did was ACTUALLY turn back the clock to 2016 and make the "caught" year on all the Pokemon from that event to be such (since Older Pokemon have higher Lucky Odds, or those up-to-15/25 guarantees). Would be nice since most of the Kanto species are not very useful in PvP or Raids at this point, but also so old they're not hard to find for Dex entries either.
This would be intensely cool, incredibly useful, and mechanically complex

So naturally there's no chance of Niantic ever doing it

The increased guaranteed lucky trades thing is sweet af though, I still have some older mons. Going to be careful before I test that though, I got burned last time when I traded expecting to get a lucky Cosmog and, uh, didn't.

Somehow got 3x as much Rare XL candy today as on Garchomp day, so that's cool. Also caught a Shundo Hamurott so I hope it gets Hydro Cannon as a TM or something so it gets good. As is, it's a neat trophy but without the moves to compete

QuentinQuonce

Oh dear, Niantic done goofed and accidentally briefly released Black and White Kyurem via GBL.

1702732400449.png

Naturally since this was a glitch that was beneficial to players it was quickly corrected (not sure if existing B/W Kyurem are reverted back to base form or left as-is). Presumably these were intended to be released at some future point (possibly 2025 for an Unova Tour), but I wonder if they'll bring forward their release because of this.

Been paying attention to upcoming things...

Basculin-H is coming with Go Fest, as found in the leaks and confirmed with the last batch of info. I think if I was reading this right it'll be available to everyone worldwide part of the Go Fest? But it's route exclusive, too and I have none of those near me. So while ideally I can get one out of the GTS without too much of an issue, if anyone happens to be doing go fest and happens to get a spare Basculin-H....maybe consider throwing it into Home and trading it to me!

Worse, though, is Varoom. Which will be exclusively in 12km eggs!
It is going to take forever for this damn thing to show up on the GTS. Especially since it's something that evolves; presumably people will want to keep theirs to evolve later. In retrospect I was probably pretty lucky I got stuff from this category without too much trouble when I was filling in the Home dex earlier this year.

Side note: It's strange to me that Basculegion isn't actually added to Go, though. Like for me this doesn't matter, I can evolve it regardless; but wouldn't you want them available at the same time? Fancy new Pokemon instead of just a promissory note. Assuming Enamorus is available around Valentines like we expect it'd also be the last Hisui mon yeah? That'd fit with Go Fest Sinnoh Tour pretty well.
Then again it's surprsing, from my perspective that Phione, Manaphy & to an extent Arceus aren't showing up for this either. Glancing at the list of mythics in Go...Unova has all its Pokemon and is only missing a few forms (easy enough to add). Kalos is only missing the Honedge line (should be this year iirc from leaks) and Volcanion. Alola's still missing quite a few Pokemon (including all but the Meltan mythics) but that's years out from a theoretical Alola Fest.
Just seems like you'd want to release some of those outstanding old mythical Pokemon to go with your big fancy Sinnoh celebration.

Been paying attention to upcoming things...

Basculin-H is coming with Go Fest, as found in the leaks and confirmed with the last batch of info. I think if I was reading this right it'll be available to everyone worldwide part of the Go Fest? But it's route exclusive, too and I have none of those near me. So while ideally I can get one out of the GTS without too much of an issue, if anyone happens to be doing go fest and happens to get a spare Basculin-H....maybe consider throwing it into Home and trading it to me!

Worse, though, is Varoom. Which will be exclusively in 12km eggs!
It is going to take forever for this damn thing to show up on the GTS. Especially since it's something that evolves; presumably people will want to keep theirs to evolve later. In retrospect I was probably pretty lucky I got stuff from this category without too much trouble when I was filling in the Home dex earlier this year.

Side note: It's strange to me that Basculegion isn't actually added to Go, though. Like for me this doesn't matter, I can evolve it regardless; but wouldn't you want them available at the same time? Fancy new Pokemon instead of just a promissory note. Assuming Enamorus is available around Valentines like we expect it'd also be the last Hisui mon yeah? That'd fit with Go Fest Sinnoh Tour pretty well.
Then again it's surprsing, from my perspective that Phione, Manaphy & to an extent Arceus aren't showing up for this either. Glancing at the list of mythics in Go...Unova has all its Pokemon and is only missing a few forms (easy enough to add). Kalos is only missing the Honedge line (should be this year iirc from leaks) and Volcanion. Alola's still missing quite a few Pokemon (including all but the Meltan mythics) but that's years out from a theoretical Alola Fest.
Just seems like you'd want to release some of those outstanding old mythical Pokemon to go with your big fancy Sinnoh celebration.
Arceus I chalk up to being saved for Go Fest later (this event is Go/Sinnoh Tour), akin to Hoenn doing Groudon/Kyogre for Tour and then Rayquaza for Fest later in the year as the Master (since Giratina already has its forms and is more an equal). The others are odd, unless Basculin-H will be able to evolve and simply didn't mention Basculegion separately until we're closer to Go Tour.

Varoom double sucks if they don't change the 12k Pool up outright and just add it, and I'm still trying to find a female Salandit so I can get Salazzle's entry.

QuentinQuonce

They do this a lot (or at least have been lately): introduce a new Pokemon, and gradually add in the evolutions. Galarian Slowpoke couldn't evolve into Slowking straight away; Hisuian Voltorb was available for a month before it could be evolved; Cosmog's evolutions were an ongoing process. It's just so they'll have content for a new event down the line: either Go Fest or something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)