Pokémon GO

Got the Bombirdier for a Pawmo of all things. Kind of think they were meant to be asking for a Pawmi, likely wanting a go one themselves, but whatever I'll take it. All caught up once more. Think I'm good until Skiddo drops in those city safaris

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
1695376667449.png

October announced incredibly early for once, nice nice.

It's amusing how by announcing the Pokestop showcases they give away which Pokemon will feature in the events. Growlithe was very obviously going to be the featured Pokemon in the upcoming "Out to Play" event, since it was stated to be the showcase mon during that period. October community day will pretty clearly be Timburr as was leaked recently. Why not just be upfront about that? ...gets people talking, I suppose.

I'm down for a Skorupi incense day since it's a shiny I don't yet have (as was Oddish, conveniently). Azurill hatch day is meh (especially when they did a Marill research day a couple of years ago - pretty sure I got a hundo from it) but we can't have everything.

Otherwise, good month! Johto trio in raids yay, shiny Guzzlord yay, and hopefully Halloween will be decent. Shroomish spotlight hour is something I am very much here for.

Also, Shadow Moltres should be duoable, right...? Wasn't quite capable of duoing Articuno with my two accounts but Moltres is substantially less tanky.

View attachment 554269

October announced incredibly early for once, nice nice.

It's amusing how by announcing the Pokestop showcases they give away which Pokemon will feature in the events. Growlithe was very obviously going to be the featured Pokemon in the upcoming "Out to Play" event, since it was stated to be the showcase mon during that period. October community day will pretty clearly be Timburr as was leaked recently. Why not just be upfront about that? ...gets people talking, I suppose.

I'm down for a Skorupi incense day since it's a shiny I don't yet have (as was Oddish, conveniently). Azurill hatch day is meh (especially when they did a Marill research day a couple of years ago - pretty sure I got a hundo from it) but we can't have everything.

Otherwise, good month! Johto trio in raids yay, shiny Guzzlord yay, and hopefully Halloween will be decent. Shroomish spotlight hour is something I am very much here for.

Also, Shadow Moltres should be duoable, right...? Wasn't quite capable of duoing Articuno with my two accounts but Moltres is substantially less tanky.
Moltres is easily Duoable if you're even able to consider Articuno: On top of the lower bulk, none of its moves as a Raid boss can hit the common Rock attackers Super Effectively or even neutrally (Articuno's Ice punished the otherwise ideal Rhyperior and Mega Aerodactyl), which also gives more leeway to glass cannons like Rampardos.

Shroomish Spotlight hour I wish had Double Stardust like the Paras one we got, these upcoming GBL and Raid games are good times to level things and more Dust events would be welcome even after Ultra Unlock.

One thing I want to try again is soloing Guzzlord, which would make the Shiny Hunt "easier" to organize and I know was doable before with even mediocre Fairies like Sylveon, much less the now more-available Mega Gardevoir and Xerneas, or even just raw power like Mega Rayquaza brings.

Besides them I will be hitting up Darkrai and Shadow Moltres for their shinies, and pleased to see the Shadow Raids not being a Season long affair anymore (though also miffed that I have significantly less time to try for Zapdos and Moltres than the comparatively useless Articuno)

Another Pokemon GO Halloween, another hope for the release of Marshadow dashed. (Well, I guess it could technically still come in the event, but I'm not holding my breath. Raids like Darkrai might've been nice...)

I hope they release some decent new ghost mons in the event, because this is looking pretty lackluster so far. No new raid boss other than shadow moltres, which... I just don't care enough to do. Even shiny Guzzlord isn't all that exciting (partly because I got one from Dynamax adventures). This is also the... third? Maybe just second? time shiny Darkrai has been available, and that's great for people who don't have it yet, but I was hoping for something else to spend raid passes on to try and finish this Masterball research. (I tried to spend a bunch on Genesect because I still don't have the shiny for that, but I have been too busy this week to go out raiding, so it's all been remote raids and guess what we can only do five of those a day now).

This is going to get even more disappointing when the only new ghost line they add is Greavard. (We're still missing the honedge line from gen 6, Mimikyu, Dhelmise, and Blacephalon (and Marshadow, obvs) from gen 7, and who knows when we're going to get anything more from gen 8).

I was reading on the reddit the other day (have to keep up to date on new drops for the Home dex*) that people were doubting that specific infographic being entirely true. Something like the breakdown of it was based on a separate, much more accurate leaker, with gaps filled in by educated guesses based on other patterns.

So while Smoliv for the Harvest festival, Tadbulb for the Festival of Lights, the Shiny Guzzlord and I believe Timbur community day are all "locked in", they originated from a different leaker (the other information has been 100% accurate). So it's possible we don't get Greavard but do get someone else, like Honedge or Mimikyu.

*No I'm not looking forward to praying for the Skiddo in the upcoming regional Go Fests why do you ask.

Was there a leak for the GO Halloween event? I was just guessing Greavard because it was the worst ghost they could release, so it seemed like just the thing Niantic would go for...

Was there a leak for the GO Halloween event? I was just guessing Greavard because it was the worst ghost they could release, so it seemed like just the thing Niantic would go for...
The infographic that's probably only partially true is in quentin's post up there and does say Greavard in October.

I don't think the other leak I'm referring to had anything marked for October.

QuentinQuonce

I was reading on the reddit the other day (have to keep up to date on new drops for the Home dex*) that people were doubting that specific infographic being entirely true. Something like the breakdown of it was based on a separate, much more accurate leaker, with gaps filled in by educated guesses based on other patterns.

So while Smoliv for the Harvest festival, Tadbulb for the Festival of Lights, the Shiny Guzzlord and I believe Timbur community day are all "locked in", they originated from a different leaker (the other information has been 100% accurate). So it's possible we don't get Greavard but do get someone else, like Honedge or Mimikyu.

*No I'm not looking forward to praying for the Skiddo in the upcoming regional Go Fests why do you ask.
So far the only thing that's in doubt is Shadow Lugia in raids on the 7th/8th, but that'll be announced shortly if it is happening so not long to wait.

Otherwise as you say it's pretty much educated guesses - Regigigas is a reasonable guess for Giovanni, and Skorupi is as likely as anything for an incense day. I did hear a rumour about Carvanha a while back but that's unlikely imo.

Very much hoping the Mega Garchomp leak is true though.

Edit: Actually while I'm here, how many megas are left? *checks Bulbapedia* Mewtwo x2, Heracross, Mawile, Camerupt, Sharpedo, Metagross, Gallade, Garchomp, Lucario, and Audino...

Really surprised not to have seen Audino or Mawile yet, and surprised they didn't release Mega Camerupt and Sharpedo either during or in the leadup to the Hoenn tour. Though obviously they'd have been overshadowed by Groudon/Kyogre... which is still true now tbh. Kind of dropped the ball there, Niantic...

The remaining ones are all going to be very hyped so I get why they've been kept until last. I'm guessing Mewtwo is quite likely to be featured in the next Go Fest.

Gallade and Heracross are tricky: Gallade is notably the only split-evolution mega so they're probably trying to figure out a way to make that work. Just randomise the energy drop from buddies, I suppose? And Heracross is a regional, though that didn't stop them doing a raid day for Kangaskhan (can we have another one of those soon pls) and it was available freely recently to everyone in Go Fest. At a guess I'd say it probably gets a raid day around March next year as part of a Bug- or Fighting-themed event.

Similarly, the fact that we had a hatch day for Riolu recently makes me think that Mega Lucario isn't a million miles off. They might try and milk it one last time before they let Lucario be shiny in the wild (not that I expect it to be a wild spawn, but you get me. Isn't it a reward for one of the level tasks?)

The only definitive thing (beyond the release of Greavard and shiny Phantump/Zorua) is that the second half of Halloween will feature a Rocket takeover. Presumably there'll be 2x candy during Halloween because that's the traditional bonus, and I imagine Galarian Yamask will feature in some capacity since it was last year's rare new species. It'll probably be in rarer/harder field research.

Of course I think I speak for everyone when I say what I really want is Spiritomb freely available in some capacity. Seriously, even if it's in "win 3 raids" tasks I'll take that.

Last edited:
I guess if the Greavard/shiny Phantump/shiny Zorua part turns out to be true I can at least cross my fingers for getting a shiny regular Zorua, which I don't have yet.

I'd rather get basically any other unreleased ghost type over Greavard, though. Heck, I'll even take Sinistcha.

One other minor thing to look forward to is that the Hisuian Growlithe event will supposedly have boosted Kecleon? I just need four more to get on to the next part of the shiny Jirachi research...

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This has been a terrible time to have an event featuring routes as we've been getting heavy rain which is supposed to last through Saturday. All of the field tasks I've encountered were either walk 1k-5k or hatch 1-3 eggs. I'm not going to risk getting sick nor spreading it to my family, so the race towards the master ball shall be put on hold. I'm actually looking forward to Timburr community day as its featured move will help counter Psychic and ghosts at least when taking down gyms.

Skiddo's out in Korea for the Go Safari but sadly they are not filtering into Home from what I can tell. Though it's also hard to really ask for Skiddo...

Hoping the Mexico City & Barcelona go safaris bear more fruit...but out of curiosity how often do these safaris introduce new Pokemon and how long does it take for them to be more "widely" available?

Also confirmation of Smoliv coming for the harvest festival. Sounds like it'll probably be common and might not need to even trade for it so I'm rubbing my hands at those easy +3 dex entries.

Skiddo's out in Korea for the Go Safari but sadly they are not filtering into Home from what I can tell. Though it's also hard to really ask for Skiddo...

Hoping the Mexico City & Barcelona go safaris bear more fruit...but out of curiosity how often do these safaris introduce new Pokemon and how long does it take for them to be more "widely" available?

Also confirmation of Smoliv coming for the harvest festival. Sounds like it'll probably be common and might not need to even trade for it so I'm rubbing my hands at those easy +3 dex entries.
Hard to know for Skiddo. Looking back through a wiki at least, I think this is the first time in a while that a Safari has debuted a new species outright rather than releasing a Shiny or a variant of something. So hard to guess at an ETA for it, but I also don't know if Europe and the Americas will see more trading only because I don't know if Home trading has some kind of bias or how the Go Playerbases differ between them. One thing complicating it is that Gogoat was slated for high viability from its datamined moveset, but having that nerfed (it evidently lost Rock Slide as Coverage) may have made people less enthusiastic about catching it in the short term since it's only a collectable rather than a useable asset at that point.

QuentinQuonce

I'd expect Skiddo to be fairly nonexistent in the next season (Dec-Feb) but then to filter in slowly during the one after (Mar-May), either as a rare spawn or field research-exclusive. Will probably be available in at least some capacity during the next season - in eggs most likely, but rarely.

Finally caught a Frigibax! Frustratingly it had almost good IVs (13-12-13). Not even going to bother ploughing candy into that thing, fully prepared to ignore it utterly until it has a community day in 2026.

Hard to know for Skiddo. Looking back through a wiki at least, I think this is the first time in a while that a Safari has debuted a new species outright rather than releasing a Shiny or a variant of something. So hard to guess at an ETA for it, but I also don't know if Europe and the Americas will see more trading only because I don't know if Home trading has some kind of bias or how the Go Playerbases differ between them. One thing complicating it is that Gogoat was slated for high viability from its datamined moveset, but having that nerfed (it evidently lost Rock Slide as Coverage) may have made people less enthusiastic about catching it in the short term since it's only a collectable rather than a useable asset at that point.
The Home playerbase definitely favors "english", japan and seemingly china (or at least, chinese Pokemon themselves are more common) so yeah I suppose it tracks that Korean event would be harder to get stuff to filter outward. Seol also doesnt seem like a big tourist spot for westerners either.

I had read that skiddo also provided extra mega energy but I guess that's not in short supply either...unfortunate
I'd expect Skiddo to be fairly nonexistent in the next season (Dec-Feb) but then to filter in slowly during the one after (Mar-May), either as a rare spawn or field research-exclusive. Will probably be available in at least some capacity during the next season - in eggs most likely, but rarely.

Finally caught a Frigibax! Frustratingly it had almost good IVs (13-12-13). Not even going to bother ploughing candy into that thing, fully prepared to ignore it utterly until it has a community day in 2026.
Mmm, figures. I'll still hope that the other 2 safaris bear fruit just to get it out of the way though.

QuentinQuonce

The Home playerbase definitely favors "english", japan and seemingly china (or at least, chinese Pokemon themselves are more common) so yeah I suppose it tracks that Korean event would be harder to get stuff to filter outward. Seol also doesnt seem like a big tourist spot for westerners either.
Ironically if I had the time/money I'd have been all over that, been wanting to go to Seoul for ages. The trouble is they announce them with so little notice (this was announced in what, August?) - if this had been in Barcelona or Seville or somewhere closer to the UK, would have been feasible. But sadly not.

I had read that skiddo also provided extra mega energy but I guess that's not in short supply either...unfortunate

Mmm, figures. I'll still hope that the other 2 safaris bear fruit just to get it out of the way though.
Not sure what Mega Skiddo would provide for. The only case we've had so far for a Pokemon giving energy for a different Mega species is Carbink giving Diancie Energy during Go Fest, and I guess Gallade drops Gardevoir energy since his Mega isn't in yet

Not sure what Mega Skiddo would provide for. The only case we've had so far for a Pokemon giving energy for a different Mega species is Carbink giving Diancie Energy during Go Fest, and I guess Gallade drops Gardevoir energy since his Mega isn't in yet
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/16yz29w
this was what i was thinking of

maybe i misinterpreted it, since its pretty contextless to someone like me, but i assumed that safaris just also provide more mega energy. Or maybe it's based around the tasks that can show up? i dunno.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/16yz29w
this was what i was thinking of

maybe i misinterpreted it, since its pretty contextless to someone like me, but i assumed that safaris just also provide more mega energy. Or maybe it's based around the tasks that can show up? i dunno.
Yeah, a misinterpretation. As you know, every time you catch a Pokémon in GO you receive a little bit of candy that you can use to increase its level, evolve it, or teach it a second move. If you have a Pokémon Mega Evolved, you'll receive extra candy when catching Pokémon of its type(s). I.E. Mega Evolving Venusaur will net you extra candy upon catching a Grass or Poison type. Hence the list mentioning to Mega Evolve Venusaur or Abomasnow to receive extra candy from Skiddo.

QuentinQuonce

1697061088623.png

Mega Garchomp raid day was already leaked previously (yes please thanks very much), Mega Gallade would be delightful (I have a hundo ready and waiting), and Mega Kangaskhan's return would please me very much (still trying to get a good one).

If all this is true it'll be the first month ever where mega raids are legitimately more exciting than tier 5 raids, all month. Well, except Genesect I guess but only since it's such an easy duo.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'll be looking forward to Mega Garchomp, don't have a lucky hundo of it yet though very close. Mega Gallade we'll see though I've been finding both Mega Gardevoir and shadow Gardevoir quite useful for these Guzzlord raids as of lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)