Pokémon GO

Out of curiosity, how does Go Handle Black/White Kyurem? Does it commit to the fusion bit or does it just kind of go "eh just have Reshira/Zekrom in the party, with more candy"

Mex

The last ace in a lost hand
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Out of curiosity, how does Go Handle Black/White Kyurem? Does it commit to the fusion bit or does it just kind of go "eh just have Reshira/Zekrom in the party, with more candy"
As of right now, it just... doesn't. No fused mon exists in game yet

As of right now, it just... doesn't. No fused mon exists in game yet
Huh, interesting. From how they seem to avoid pokemon with form changes (in general, much less fused) as long as possible, when I saw Kyurem I just assumed they also did their fused forms.

Guessing that means Necrozma probably just gets put on pause until they finish up all the other UBs , rather than wanting to account for its variants

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
That won't be part of a Home update, to be fair. All the shinies given out were part of events that had the ribbon that prevents trading. And that's never going away, most likely.

I suspect Indigo Disc will have them available as shiny encounters, judging by past game trends, so that's when you'll start seeing them show up as shiny. And who knows, Go might take the opportunity to have them be shiny
Does the Classic Ribbon prevent trading full-stop? That wasn't my impression; as far as I'm aware the Classic Ribbon prevents a Pokemon being traded over the GTS, but you're still able to trade it normally between games - it's just in Home that they can't be traded for whatever reason. I've traded plenty of mythicals/legendaries in Home so I don't think that's the case.

Whatever the case, certain events are barred from trading using Home's dedicated trade function for whatever reason. This actually posed a problem during my "completing Home without paying" challenge (ah, so long ago now) - as below:

Then someone offers me a Zarude. If you've read this entire thread (and you have my deepest affection if so) you might remember I mentioned that someone (shoutout to Scorpio for being a cool dude) already tried to trade me one a few days ago, but wasn't able to. However, people on forums insist that Zarude is actually tradeable. So what's going on?

After some extensive research, I hit on an answer. It appears that the original "Jungle Zarude" event (ID 200807) is tradeable, while the newer "Worldwide Jungle Zarude" (ID 201113) and the Dada Zarude are not (yet)
Typically I notice Go follows a pattern with Legendaries. They get featured once "normally", then rerun with Shiny possible, and then after a year or two rerun again with a Signature move as a "buff" that incentivizes raiding again (since teaching it to a copy without it requires a rare Elite TM resource vs catching one with it already on). Zacian and Zamazenta have already had the first run, Eternatus is nowhere to be seen in Go, so the Dogs might get their shinies on their next appearance, which I assume is being held until the DLC makes them legal in the main series as tradeables. The upcoming season is starting on Paldea but we don't know if any Legendaries are planned or if they're rerunning an old one and drip-feeding normals first.
I might be wrong but I feel like there's been a few times where they've had a legendary in raids a couple of times and then made it shiny. From memory the lake trio were in raids at least two or three times before they finally got a shiny release; I wasn't playing when they were first released and there was at least one rotation when they were bosses but not shiny-eligible. Zacian and Zamazenta have had two stints as the resident raid bosses, I imagine they might put the crowned forms into raids before they make the non-crowned forms shiny-eligible.

Funny thing to me is the Galarian Bird shinies are probably about as if not more common than a Go Marked Bird. I feel like Niantic's at a Morton's Fork on the birds because they can't make their shinies a selling point in Go without making the birds more accessible, when their scarcity is a sticking point as well as an appeal as collection pieces that would be devalued to some players by it.
As long as they want to make Master Balls desirable I don't see the Galarian birds in raids for a long while yet. IIRC next season's research will include another Master Ball, so I feel like maybe a year or two will have to pass before enough players catch one or more of the trio that they're considered commonplace enough to release through raids (and even then, probably not shiny until the 2nd or 3rd go-around).

I feel like the Legendary distribution in general is going to hit a wall for sustainability if Niantic doesn't introduce something soon, with how many there are to rotate through over 2 weeks-apiece even when doing a whole trio or a Duo simultaneously. Shadow Raids were one option but caveats with the raiding itself aside, those sound like they're only planned to rotate once a season (as in Articuno is only just now leaving, presumably for Zapdos or Moltres, after 3 months), so they're even slower for bringing old relevant mons back to availability, while ironically being around too long to really stoke the FOMO that encourages mass raiding. Plus the gens have so many Legendaries they need to find ways to introduce mechanics for that I think are delaying even the base availability (EX: Palkia and Dialga probably won't be featured again until their Origin Formes, Arceus they have to sort out the 17 Plates, Necrozma has to handle the DM/DW forms much less Ultra, etc) since some of those traits are intrinsic to the Pokemon's identity, much less viability
We're definitely in need of some new blood. I was hoping they'd change the shadow raid boss per month, not season, because three months of Shadow Articuno has gotten very dull. Even if I cared about it no-one wants to raid it anyway and it's too strong for me to duo with my baby account.

I was just saying the other day that the Johto beasts hardly ever seem to be in raids: I would go hard for any of them if they were brought back, especially Suicune since I still don't have a decent one. Or Ho-oh/Lugia since they're two of the only legendaries I'd consider maxing fully. Latias and Latios would be nice too, but I expect they might be being saved for a Valentines event in February.

Outside of that there's not much I can get too excited about. I expect we'll get shiny Ultra Beasts before long but I'm not massively invested in those. Elite Raids seem to not be a thing anymore; unfortunately Regieleki and Regidrago being demoted to regular 5* raids so quickly after their debut doesn't make me desperate to go out and invest much time into them. What I'd really like is to see Zygarde, Solgaleo, or Lunala in raids but that doesn't seem likely for a long time yet. Shame because Zygarde's shiny is fabulous.

Eventually they'll do Mega Mewtwo (probably the last Mega they introduce, realistically) which I imagine will have a similar hype as Shadow Mewtwo did. Just as well since it'll no doubt have a CP of about 90k and be extremely hard to defeat. Oh, and at the end of the next season it'll have been a year since Keldeo was in paid research so hopefully they make that available to everyone soon; I'd like to be able to finish Gen V at last.

Last edited:
Does the Classic Ribbon prevent trading full-stop? That wasn't my impression; as far as I'm aware the Classic Ribbon prevents a Pokemon being traded over the GTS, but you're still able to trade it normally between games - it's just in Home that they can't be traded for whatever reason. I've traded plenty of mythicals/legendaries in Home so I don't think that's the case.

Whatever the case, certain events are barred from trading using Home's dedicated trade function for whatever reason. This actually posed a problem during my "completing Home without paying" challenge (ah, so long ago now) - as below:
Oh....that's very bizarre. Definitely feels like they didn't flip the right switch on Home then, yeah. I thought you were just talking about GTS stuff and forgot about your Zarude snaffoo.

I liked how PikaPal described Home when we were trading and seeing its own issues
Home is the epitome of doing what it needs to with as little convenience as they can get away with I swear.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Looks like the last Vivillon patterns my main account is seeking will be Icy Snow and Tundra. I forgot whom here is IssaMoEggs as his gift from Mexico helped achieve my requirement for the Sun pattern finally so thanks.

So looking at the upcoming stuff...
5th-10th: Starters in the wild, get a starter of your choice out of the research, Lechonk in the wild and other research. Lechonk can be shiny
10th-15th: Starters still in the wild, Pawmi, Nymble and Frigibax in the wild, and Bombirdier in raids. Bombirdier can be shiny

Guess some of the other things found in the datamine didn't pan out quite yet, though they did tease more Paldean throughout the season. Still pretty meaty opening swing for Paldea. The starters & Frigibax will also wind up in the egg pool after this so if I get super unlucky I'll still have more opportunities to find them, but ideally it wont come to that.

I was able to get the other raid exclusives by the end of their (more limited) time period & I'm hoping that the shiny incentive gets more of them on GTS, but if someone happens to get a second Bombirdier in a few weeks...keep me in your thoughts

QuentinQuonce

5th-10th: Starters in the wild, get a starter of your choice out of the research, Lechonk in the wild and other research. Lechonk can be shiny
10th-15th: Starters still in the wild, Pawmi, Nymble and Frigibax in the wild, and Bombirdier in raids. Bombirdier can be shiny

Guess some of the other things found in the datamine didn't pan out quite yet, though they did tease more Paldean throughout the season. Still pretty meaty opening swing for Paldea. The starters & Frigibax will also wind up in the egg pool after this so if I get super unlucky I'll still have more opportunities to find them, but ideally it wont come to that.

I was able to get the other raid exclusives by the end of their (more limited) time period & I'm hoping that the shiny incentive gets more of them on GTS, but if someone happens to get a second Bombirdier in a few weeks...keep me in your thoughts
Bombirdier is one of the few Paldea species I really like so I'll be raiding the hell out of that one

Also a heads up unrelated to the Event, Cubchoo already appears to be a Wild Spawn (Saw two today) so might not have to wait for Christmas/Snowy Events before you can get that if it's still one of your missing entries.

Also a heads up unrelated to the Event, Cubchoo already appears to be a Wild Spawn (Saw two today) so might not have to wait for Christmas/Snowy Events before you can get that if it's still one of your missing entries.
RocketSurgery got me that, thus my post in the Home thread. I'm fully caught up on the dex, and just awaiting any new arrivals

Is funny how quickly it came around though, I figured it'd be later into the winter months.

K302

Luck is a skill
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Has anyone here bought the plus+ already?
I want to buy another autocatcher and being able to use ultra and great balls would be a massive upgreat, but I am used to gotchas and don't know much about the official ones, so here are a few questions I have about the plus+.
I heared the option to turn the vibrations and lights off wasn't working, is that still the case? If yes, is it annoying? I have heared contradictory things about this: Do I have to press a button every time it wants to catch something?
How long does the battery last? Is it completely used up after a cday?
Thanks in advance and I am sorry for my horrible English.

Suddenly left to wonder how R_N got the Go Legend Dex covered so quick after seeing what Celesteela's Raid Queue is like on Pokegenie. Literally 10% of the population is in the Southern Hemisphere where it's allowed to spawn as a Raid boss, so it's not like there's gonna be a ton floating around like most Raid Legendaries.

Suddenly left to wonder how R_N got the Go Legend Dex covered so quick after seeing what Celesteela's Raid Queue is like on Pokegenie. Literally 10% of the population is in the Southern Hemisphere where it's allowed to spawn as a Raid boss, so it's not like there's gonna be a ton floating around like most Raid Legendaries.
Part of it's just luck, other part of it is probably it was a common enough raid in its normal part of the world when it ran the first time(s)

As noted in the Home thread, kartana was the annoying one likely because as you pointed out it's the cGood one. Checking the pair on GTS now though, you'd never know that; there's a ton of Go-Kartana all over from the past few days but only about 5 Go-Celesteela

Part of it's just luck, other part of it is probably it was a common enough raid in its normal part of the world when it ran the first time(s)

As noted in the Home thread, kartana was the annoying one likely because as you pointed out it's the cGood one. Checking the pair on GTS now though, you'd never know that; there's a ton of Go-Kartana all over from the past few days but only about 5 Go-Celesteela
For reference, I think this coming week is the first time Celesteela is available in the Northern Hemisphere as a Raid.

The Go-Kartana influx at this point is probably because this is the first time I believe Kartana has run as a Raid since Home was released (and thus had the Go mark for trade value), so odds are beforehand people transferred/traded their junk Kartanas for extra XL candy resources to work on their good ones even if they did a lot of raids. Also helps that Kartana is coming right after Charmander CD-Classic so everyone has access to at least a moderately good Fire Type with Mega access to boot (Zard-Y in Sunny Weather even can solo some versions, which is VERY rare for 5* bosses), meaning easier to participate in a raid that already doesn't require many hands vs its counterpart.

For reference, I think this coming week is the first time Celesteela is available in the Northern Hemisphere as a Raid.

The Go-Kartana influx at this point is probably because this is the first time I believe Kartana has run as a Raid since Home was released (and thus had the Go mark for trade value), so odds are beforehand people transferred/traded their junk Kartanas for extra XL candy resources to work on their good ones even if they did a lot of raids. Also helps that Kartana is coming right after Charmander CD-Classic so everyone has access to at least a moderately good Fire Type with Mega access to boot (Zard-Y in Sunny Weather even can solo some versions, which is VERY rare for 5* bosses), meaning easier to participate in a raid that already doesn't require many hands vs its counterpart.
Yeah that makes sense.

I love learning stuff like this. Both the meta side of it on Go, but also how it all connects back to Home (literally AND figuratively). And sort of the psychology of it all too.

Nice to have an easy update that even I could do without needing to hit the GTS; Quaxly & Fuecoco even showed up without having to leave the house and Sprigatito showed up while taking the trash out. And they throw Lechonk at you in the missions (weirdly didn't see it at all in the wild). So after shuffling between Home & Scarlet, all 11 are in the Home dex.

Will be nice if that keeps up on the 10th, though ideally even if they're uncommon for me the new trio will be common enough to show up on GTS just fine.

Nice to have an easy update that even I could do without needing to hit the GTS; Quaxly & Fuecoco even showed up without having to leave the house and Sprigatito showed up while taking the trash out. And they throw Lechonk at you in the missions (weirdly didn't see it at all in the wild). So after shuffling between Home & Scarlet, all 11 are in the Home dex.

Will be nice if that keeps up on the 10th, though ideally even if they're uncommon for me the new trio will be common enough to show up on GTS just fine.
Frigibax will probably be the one to take a while, being a rare spawn and hatching from 10km eggs rarely for now.

Lechonk is a decently common wild spawn, guess your house just happened to lack them when you look briefly. I'll be curious to see how the others go as well, a couple of the rarer ones like Bombirdier look fun to play around with

QuentinQuonce

Ignorant question from someone who hasn't played ScVi: are the boosted shinies in this event relevant? I'd assume they're all Pokemon found in Paldea and/or quite common in ScVi. Otherwise Hoppip, Houndour, Buizel, and Fletchling seem quite random choices.

Mex

The last ace in a lost hand
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
They're all early game spawns that relate to the types of the new mons, you could probably replace buizel with psyduck or wingull but otherwise they all fit pretty well

Ignorant question from someone who hasn't played ScVi: are the boosted shinies in this event relevant? I'd assume they're all Pokemon found in Paldea and/or quite common in ScVi. Otherwise Hoppip, Houndour, Buizel, and Fletchling seem quite random choices.
The 4 pokemon are in Paldea yeah. Houndour is probably the most uncommon, it's essentially limited to a specific cave at the start of the game.

Hoppip, Buizel & Fletchling are also on Poco Path, the first (and technically only "proper") route of the game

e: For reference the other Poco Path Pokemon are Scatterbug (too busy having a different encounter gimmick in Go), Magikarp, Wingull, Arrokuda (so couldn't be in this event anyway), and Tarountula (they prioritized Lechonk for this leg of the event)

I suspect they went with Buizel for generation variety on a more comparatively uncommon Pokemon.

QuentinQuonce

It's only been a day so far but I'm already liking the way the Paldea starters have been rolled out much, much more than the way the first wave of Kalos was handled release. When the initial Kalos crew dropped everything except Litleo, Fletchling, and Bunnelby was elusive as hell, which was more annoying than anything since it just meant you'd constantly have shadows on your nearby radar. "Nearby" though was an oxymoron as typically they'd be ridiculously far from you. I remember a lot of people saying they'd got two out of three of the starters but the third just wasn't appearing for them. And LOL good luck finding more than one Noibat. Also from memory none of Kalos' debuting species could be shiny*, unlike with Alola and Paldea - Rockruff and Yungoos were available from day 1, as is Lechonk now.

Whereas the frequency availability of Paldea Pokemon spawning has been extremely engaging. I caught a hundo Lechonk within the first 20 minutes of the event (easy to do when there's so many in research) and randomly caught a hundo Sprigatito earlier without realising - luckily I had my baby account open at the time so got it on both accounts. And then my baby account got a lucky hundo Fuecoco from trading just now!

The boosted non-Paldea shinies I mentioned in my last post are nice enough but I'm not too bothered since I've got all four of them already; can't imagine anyone is chasing Hoppip unless they missed its community day last year (though I'm not going to complain about four species at once being boosted, lovely precedent to set).

And it goes without saying that 4x experience and stardust is SUPERB, especially since so many of the featured species are easy enough to get excellent throws on. It's a big incentive to get catching, not least since there's that season-long Master Ball research that requires catching 1000 Pokemon. At a minimum 400 stardust per catch suddenly that's feeling like a lot less of a chore. The boosted stardust makes it incredibly cost-effective to mass trade stuff since you can make it all back within a few catches, which is appreciated since I still had a bunch of stuff caught in Scotland in my storage I was saving for this season. Spending it on trades aside, I'm a bit of a stardust hoarder and I'm slowly but steadily approaching 19.5 million... hopefully by the end of this event I'll be on 20!

So yeah. Great event all round, massive improvement on the way the first wave of Kalos and Alola were handled.

*aside from Espurr, though that was released a couple of days before the first wave of Kalos properly dropped and was raid-exclusive

It's only been a day so far but I'm already liking the way the Paldea starters have been rolled out much, much more than the way the first wave of Kalos was handled release. When the initial Kalos crew dropped everything except Litleo, Fletchling, and Bunnelby was elusive as hell, which was more annoying than anything since it just meant you'd constantly have shadows on your nearby radar. "Nearby" though was an oxymoron as typically they'd be ridiculously far from you. I remember a lot of people saying they'd got two out of three of the starters but the third just wasn't appearing for them. And LOL good luck finding more than one Noibat. Also from memory none of Kalos' debuting species could be shiny*, unlike with Alola and Paldea - Rockruff and Yungoos were available from day 1, as is Lechonk now.

Whereas the frequency availability of Paldea Pokemon spawning has been extremely engaging. I caught a hundo Lechonk within the first 20 minutes of the event (easy to do when there's so many in research) and randomly caught a hundo Sprigatito earlier without realising - luckily I had my baby account open at the time so got it on both accounts. And then my baby account got a lucky hundo Fuecoco from trading just now!

The boosted non-Paldea shinies I mentioned in my last post are nice enough but I'm not too bothered since I've got all four of them already; can't imagine anyone is chasing Hoppip unless they missed its community day last year (though I'm not going to complain about four species at once being boosted, lovely precedent to set).

And it goes without saying that 4x experience and stardust is SUPERB, especially since so many of the featured species are easy enough to get excellent throws on. It's a big incentive to get catching, not least since there's that season-long Master Ball research that requires catching 1000 Pokemon. At a minimum 400 stardust per catch suddenly that's feeling like a lot less of a chore. The boosted stardust makes it incredibly cost-effective to mass trade stuff since you can make it all back within a few catches, which is appreciated since I still had a bunch of stuff caught in Scotland in my storage I was saving for this season. Spending it on trades aside, I'm a bit of a stardust hoarder and I'm slowly but steadily approaching 19.5 million... hopefully by the end of this event I'll be on 20!

So yeah. Great event all round, massive improvement on the way the first wave of Kalos and Alola were handled.

*aside from Espurr, though that was released a couple of days before the first wave of Kalos properly dropped and was raid-exclusive
I could see people looking for Hoppip for GBL, since Jumpluff-on-a-budget was buffed with the improved Aerial Ace and it benefits from the recent Sky Attack nerf downplaying several big Flying Types both as checks and competition. This plus the usual "always want more Shinies" way some like myself play.

A convenient thing about the Stardust boost is that at higher friendship levels, Trades cost about 100 Stardust apiece, so you'd essentially trade the dust from catching a Mon for the extra candy by trading it (whether you kept the received mon or transferred). The Stardust boost means you still make a net profit off catching things just to trade. I've also been lucky enough to have Clear/Sunny Weather the first day of the event (and likely the next few), which boosts the dust drops on 2/3 of the Spawns, plus the rare Shroomish that pokes through the event spawns (2500 Dust for one catch right now is tasty)

Pro-Tip for Dust collectors: Watch for the "Beat 3 Rocket Grunts" Research, since they changed it to Sableye this season. Base 750 Stardust means it gives 2500 per catch, and that's assuming you're not using a Star Piece for something like a day at the park to mass catch for Dust already.

Popped an incense when I went on my walk to try and maximize my chances of running into the new guys
Pawmi & Nymble weren't too hard to get today, at least. Pawmi had higher catch rate too. For being the common spawn Nymble was actually kind of a pain (to me it seemed to be Nymble/Lechonk > the Paldean starters > the other guys > Pawmi >>>>>Mareep??>>>>>> Frigibax goes here).
Didn't see any Frigibax, sadly. But there's still 4 more days of the event and I've got the GTS up & going in Home searching for it & Bombirdier. So hopefully sooner than later, especially once the event's been running longer.

e: Nice I got Frigibax off GTS so I don't have to keep dragging out the walks in the sun

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)