Pokémon GO

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Only got to play for a few moments yesterday but had a bit of luck which put paid to the total lack of shinies on Saturday - caught three shiny Hisuian Qwilfish (in a row, no less) and a shiny Hisuian Sneasel shortly afterwards. Then finally got a shiny Origin Palkia (thanks, pika pal) with very decent IVs indeed. Very happy with that!

• However, it was funny how just due to how Sinnoh works most of the encounters were other region's Pokemon. All the babies are tucked away in eggs, all the Legends are (lake spirits aside) in Raids or Research....The LA version actually did occasionally spawn the final evolutions, even Ursalunas. Wasn't surprised to not see it show up
Oh damn, really? Never saw one, I thought they were just in field research. Found the "win 3 raids" task frustratingly elusive, but I managed to grab two of them yesterday.

• I think this event needed a x2 EXP Candy bonus. I've got enough issues with how this game's gameplay loop generally goes, but when you start looking at all the Gen 4 cross-evolution costs it gets really stupid. Just about all of them require 100 candy (& often a Sinnoh Stone) even if they're only a 2 stage line. And because of how the releases were rolled out, stuff like Magmar or Tangela only give 3 candies at base...AND because they were designated as "strong single staged Pokemon" that means they have high CP and low catch rates. You can burn through a ton of balls and berries. For an event focused on Sinnoh, and catching a bunch of Pokemon in one place to presumably fill in the dex, it just felt disheartening.
Omg yes, you just hit on what was missing. I didn't really stop to think about it because I didn't catch anything I was particularly interested in evolving (and I've got lots of candy for a lot of species anyway) but yeah that would have been a massive help. Gone are the days of the Kanto Tour when they gave you, like, 20 candy per catch (and maybe more for Magikarp? I can't remember)

• I was pretty surprised the Photo Safari thing came over from the LA version of the tour. I figured they'd just excise that entire bit. I found the full set and even captured an extra Azelf and 2 Mesprit, in addition to all 3 of the research ones. Predictably these ate up a sizable amount of my Balls and Berries. I'll transfer the spares to my main game later, one of the Mesprit was super weak too like 660 CP so that'll be really novel to have.
I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the lake trio were to catch.

Mainly the lower-cp ones, admittedly, but I wound up with a handful of 1500+ CP dudes and that was very cool.

The roaming legendaries gimmick is the one thing they've done really well across the last three years (next year Tornadus and Thundurus, I presume?) but Raikou/Entei/Suicune and the Latis aren't regionals so there was just slightly less hype. Ironically I found Mesprit the rarest.

• Spacial Rend's effect is pretty cute but I probably wont use it much. The extra radius would probably be nicer in a big city, and it's pretty costly for someone who didnt want to spend all day raiding to grind up candies. I'd rather put those to powering it up. I can't ever transfer this to Home so may as well make the most of it
I live just within spinning range of a Pokestop but right behind it is a very small park, which due to being a grassy area on the map gets some quite interesting spawns (it was a Foongus nest at one point, which was lovely). Every so often I'll check the app late at night, see something incredibly rare, realise it's just out of reach behind the stop, and debate whether I want to throw on a coat and quickly dash outside to catch it. That situation is pretty much the only time I see myself ever wanting to use Spacial Rend. Just to indulge my own laziness.

• Taking inventory made me releaize that they had Eevee, Nosepass & Magnezone show up but did not offer any of the lure modules? Seems like a big oversight, I know you get a free set just from level ups but seems there'd be a very real chance of someone working up the candies to evolve them but no longer having the Lures to pop them
Yeah I was expecting a couple of free lure modules, seems like another glaring oversight. They really didn't think much about the non-legendary spawns, did they?

This is where a collection challenge would have been welcome. Because they'd have to have given out free evolution items for people to have a chance of finishing it. In general I'd say day 1 should have been more raid-focused and day 2 should have been catch-focused (or the reverse).

Only got to play for a few moments yesterday but had a bit of luck which put paid to the total lack of shinies on Saturday - caught three shiny Hisuian Qwilfish (in a row, no less) and a shiny Hisuian Sneasel shortly afterwards. Then finally got a shiny Origin Palkia (thanks, pika pal) with very decent IVs indeed. Very happy with that!
Oh the Qwilfish mentions reminded me: I did get a shiny out of the event (and a shiny Foongus the day prior, actually), today. Shiny Qwilfish-H! That's such a good shiny, I look forward to evolving that after transferring to Home.
Oh damn, really? Never saw one, I thought they were just in field research. Found the "win 3 raids" task frustratingly elusive, but I managed to grab two of them yesterday.
Yeah I saw it in some videos of the event. Rhyperiors, Electivires, Ursalunas, Magnezone, etc I assume the gang was all there.

Omg yes, you just hit on what was missing. I didn't really stop to think about it because I didn't catch anything I was particularly interested in evolving (and I've got lots of candy for a lot of species anyway) but yeah that would have been a massive help. Gone are the days of the Kanto Tour when they gave you, like, 20 candy per catch (and maybe more for Magikarp? I can't remember)
At the very least seems like it'd have been a no-brainer for yet another ticket. You've got Hatch tickets, Raid tickets, time for Evolve tickets....just keep milking them for all their worth

Yeah I was expecting a couple of free lure modules, seems like another glaring oversight. They really didn't think much about the non-legendary spawns, did they?

This is where a collection challenge would have been welcome. Because they'd have to have given out free evolution items for people to have a chance of finishing it. In general I'd say day 1 should have been more raid-focused and day 2 should have been catch-focused (or the reverse).
Actually checking it seems that the LA version of the Tour research did give you one Mossy and one Icy lure as research. Feels like that would have been really easy to just put in our version of the research and also a Magnetic lure. Genuinely feels like an oversight.

And while I wasn't able to do any routes, I was able to get Basculin-H off Home pretty easily once the global tour went up. And thus evolve it for the Home Dex months before it gets added to Go proper; I wonder when that'll get added. Halloween maybe? Or save it for Unova Tour so they have a "new" Pokemon to go with it.

We'll presumably get more information about it tomorrow, since the teaser was pretty nill, but the upcoming season had a prominent worm hole. I think this might be the UB wrap-up season. Guessing Blacephalon & Stakataka will be regional....thankfully I've got some fodder to put them on loops.
Poipole I'm guessing will be exclusive to the Special Research. Hopefully it's not too much of a pain...I also hope that it's transferable. My fear would be they lock it because they want you to evolve it to Naganadel and thus I'm forced to put it on the "c'mon man" shelf with Spinda & Zygarde

Necrozma and Type Null/Silvally I can see being held on for a later season.

Yeah I saw it in some videos of the event. Rhyperiors, Electivires, Ursalunas, Magnezone, etc I assume the gang was all there.

And while I wasn't able to do any routes, I was able to get Basculin-H off Home pretty easily once the global tour went up. And thus evolve it for the Home Dex months before it gets added to Go proper; I wonder when that'll get added. Halloween maybe? Or save it for Unova Tour so they have a "new" Pokemon to go with it.

We'll presumably get more information about it tomorrow, since the teaser was pretty nill, but the upcoming season had a prominent worm hole. I think this might be the UB wrap-up season. Guessing Blacephalon & Stakataka will be regional....thankfully I've got some fodder to put them on loops.
Poipole I'm guessing will be exclusive to the Special Research. Hopefully it's not too much of a pain...I also hope that it's transferable. My fear would be they lock it because they want you to evolve it to Naganadel and thus I'm forced to put it on the "c'mon man" shelf with Spinda & Zygarde

Necrozma and Type Null/Silvally I can see being held on for a later season.
On a few of these I am curious

For the Mons: Rhyperior and Electivire had old Legacy moves from Community Days made available again by evolution, but having played both days, I only ever saw or saw reported Hisuian Evolutions from the "Raid 3" task (Ursaluna, Kleavor, Braviary-H, and Avalugg-H). Did you see this in a catch task, a news video, or something like a thumbnail/image related to the event? Curious if I missed something maybe from the LA Tour.

For Basculin-H and Basculegion, my best guess is it will show up for Go Fest (likely Sinnoh/Hisui themed again) in the Summer, much like how Tour and Fest last year were both Hoenn themed (Primals for Tour, then Primals -> Mega Ray for Fest) and had a lot of Mega themed goodies like Diancie and Carbink-dropping-Energy for that. It's the only reason I can fathom for adding Basculin but not letting it evolve yet (including an explicit note it cannot as they liked to do with the Hisuian Evolutions).
They also have JUST enough remaining Hisuian Pokemon that I could see those dotted in as well (Lilligant, Zorua/Zoroark, Sliggoo/Goodra) for side options, doubly so with Goodra to prep for a CD in late 2024 or 2025, on top of Arceus as some conclusion to the Origin Raids this time (rampaging duo -> Trio master since they want to evoke the Primal Raid benefits again) after they made an explicit deconfirmation of Arceus appearing in Tour.

As much as I like Alola's story, the evolving Legendaries created serious problems for Go transfer to match some clumsy Main-game appearances. Solgaleo and Lunala get appearances but in SwSh they also threw in an awkward Cosmog gift alongside the Dynamax Adventure captures, while SV just did away with it appearing while retaining its ability to be transferred. I'm convinced a similar issue is why Go refuses to do Solgaleo/Lunala raids and just has the couple timed Cosmog researches (Despite Solgaleo being pretty significant in PvP so being able to farm Candy or roll more is a big deal), and I worry Poipole is going to fall victim to the same availability issues.

QuentinQuonce

As much as I like Alola's story, the evolving Legendaries created serious problems for Go transfer to match some clumsy Main-game appearances. Solgaleo and Lunala get appearances but in SwSh they also threw in an awkward Cosmog gift alongside the Dynamax Adventure captures, while SV just did away with it appearing while retaining its ability to be transferred. I'm convinced a similar issue is why Go refuses to do Solgaleo/Lunala raids and just has the couple timed Cosmog researches (Despite Solgaleo being pretty significant in PvP so being able to farm Candy or roll more is a big deal), and I worry Poipole is going to fall victim to the same availability issues.
I think it's as simple as that you'd be able to get buckets of XL candy from Solgaleo/Lunala raids so they're not as big a moneymaker. It's just so much more effective to release a Cosmog every few months and have people burn resources to pour candy into it and raise it. As someone in possession of a lucky 98% Solgaleo, I feel this pain (though I did at least evolve it during the recent event where evolving netted you XL candies)

On a few of these I am curious

For the Mons: Rhyperior and Electivire had old Legacy moves from Community Days made available again by evolution, but having played both days, I only ever saw or saw reported Hisuian Evolutions from the "Raid 3" task (Ursaluna, Kleavor, Braviary-H, and Avalugg-H). Did you see this in a catch task, a news video, or something like a thumbnail/image related to the event? Curious if I missed something maybe from the LA Tour.

Gliscors

Ursalunas

There was another video I can't find now (I thought it was Trainer Tips but doesn't seem like it, maybe PokeDaxi? I've been on a Go-tuber kick lately) that had them run into Electivire & Rhyperior.

I found your confusion odd, so checking the wiki even that doesnt mention the Gliscor, Electivire or Rhyperior (& Serebii just talks about the global). It has Ursaluna, but only during the Space-Time Anomaly segments (shown in the video). How weird, was it an unreported addition? A Niantic Goof (TM)?
For Basculin-H and Basculegion, my best guess is it will show up for Go Fest (likely Sinnoh/Hisui themed again) in the Summer, much like how Tour and Fest last year were both Hoenn themed (Primals for Tour, then Primals -> Mega Ray for Fest) and had a lot of Mega themed goodies like Diancie and Carbink-dropping-Energy for that. It's the only reason I can fathom for adding Basculin but not letting it evolve yet (including an explicit note it cannot as they liked to do with the Hisuian Evolutions).
They also have JUST enough remaining Hisuian Pokemon that I could see those dotted in as well (Lilligant, Zorua/Zoroark, Sliggoo/Goodra) for side options, doubly so with Goodra to prep for a CD in late 2024 or 2025, on top of Arceus as some conclusion to the Origin Raids this time (rampaging duo -> Trio master since they want to evoke the Primal Raid benefits again) after they made an explicit deconfirmation of Arceus appearing in Tour.
Oh I didn't know the Tour & Fests doubled up on the theme. All I remembered from the last one was Diancie. Which...kind of off theme from the Hoenn one I'd say.

The remaining Hisuis, Basculegion and then probably Phione/Manaphy & Arceus would track.
Seems like the easiest thing would be keep shelling out Cosmog research for people who can't raid, but then at the same time do Solgaleo/Lunala raids.
People who have no part of the line then get extra encouragement to do both

Poipole is more of a "real" Pokemon to use, so they could probably get away with putting it in lower tier raids while Naganadel goes into higher tier raids, but I still suspect they'll start it with a research for some unknown amount of time.

Gliscors

Ursalunas

There was another video I can't find now (I thought it was Trainer Tips but doesn't seem like it, maybe PokeDaxi? I've been on a Go-tuber kick lately) that had them run into Electivire & Rhyperior.

I found your confusion odd, so checking the wiki even that doesnt mention the Gliscor, Electivire or Rhyperior (& Serebii just talks about the global). It has Ursaluna, but only during the Space-Time Anomaly segments (shown in the video). How weird, was it an unreported addition? A Niantic Goof (TM)?

Oh I didn't know the Tour & Fests doubled up on the theme. All I remembered from the last one was Diancie. Which...kind of off theme from the Hoenn one I'd say.

The remaining Hisuis, Basculegion and then probably Phione/Manaphy & Arceus would track.

Seems like the easiest thing would be keep shelling out Cosmog research for people who can't raid, but then at the same time do Solgaleo/Lunala raids.
People who have no part of the line then get extra encouragement to do both

Poipole is more of a "real" Pokemon to use, so they could probably get away with putting it in lower tier raids while Naganadel goes into higher tier raids, but I still suspect they'll start it with a research for some unknown amount of time.
I see the video you shared appears to be based on the in-person LA Sinnoh Tour, which might have had additional stuff compared to Global (given it was a $30 exclusive event and all). A lot of Poketubers attend those events since on top of their own enjoyment playing, it makes for good content an a good way to advertise their brand in a natural/welcome environment for it, so would make sense to see a lot of LA talk in Go-Tuber stuff specifically.

The Space-Time Anomalies were what the "Win 3 Raids" task was attributed to on Global Tour, which would be consistent with the Hisuian-Evolution theme of the various rewards since those were also the Biomes where Origins spawned.

As for Diancie, I sort of get the idea. Hoenn Tour/Fest also functionally doubled as a Mega-Event given all 3 Raid headliners were Megas functionally (and got 6* Raid stats to encourage bigger groups to match), and since they used up Jirachi before, Diancie is on theme while giving them something "new" to sell on Masterwork Research (Hoopa has been in other Research/Elites for Unbound, so Volcanion is probably for the actual Kalos year unless they break out Eternal Floette).

I see the video you shared appears to be based on the in-person LA Sinnoh Tour, which might have had additional stuff compared to Global (given it was a $30 exclusive event and all). A lot of Poketubers attend those events since on top of their own enjoyment playing, it makes for good content an a good way to advertise their brand in a natural/welcome environment for it, so would make sense to see a lot of LA talk in Go-Tuber stuff specifically.

The Space-Time Anomalies were what the "Win 3 Raids" task was attributed to on Global Tour, which would be consistent with the Hisuian-Evolution theme of the various rewards since those were also the Biomes where Origins spawned.
That's why I kept saying "LA Tour". The tour in LA, and not the Global Tour.

I wasn't expecting to be able to play much of Sinnoh tour, but I did manage to get out on Sunday. Shiny haul was not as good as previous tours, mostly things I already had, but I did get a shiny unown S.

I debated getting the shiny shaymin research ticket. I eventually caved an bought it since it's still a lot less than buying a copy a BDSP and shiny hunting there (plus I don't remember if the shaymin event is even available currently). I sure hope it's not as tedious as the shiny Jirachi research, which I still haven't finished. (~100 more excellent throws to get to the next part...).

As for other recent events, I didn't do the Enamorus raids the week before because trying to find an elite raid with people already sucks, and finding one on a workday is just not worth the bother. I'm curious what the analytics on the game are these days because I find that Niantic really managed to kill nearly any sense of FOMO I might have had towards the game. I just hope that if tomorrow they announce Miraidon and Koraidon raids that they're regular 5* and not elite raids.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I chose Dialga, therefore Palkia will almost never know it's signature move when caught and not even with an elite charged TM so I'm embarrassed to even consider using them for lucky trades if at all.

I guess the idea was to stock up on your version of the Signature move and trade for the other: only issue is most of my immediate-community chose the Pearl Badge so I have to really weed around for Dialga Trade chances.

QuentinQuonce

I chose Dialga, therefore Palkia will almost never know it's signature move when caught and not even with an elite charged TM so I'm embarrassed to even consider using them for lucky trades if at all.
Just hold out. They'll get access at some point I'm sure. If I'd caught a shiny RoT-less Origin Dialga, or one with great stats, it'd still be worth having.

I'm not surprised Charcadet is being added so soon, Ceruledge has been a big thing lately and obviously that ties into the anime, but I am surprised they didn't tease anything outside of the anime tie in. Especially with the new season starting in a few days. Maybe they'll do an info dump on it tomorow to let the tie in breathe.

It'll be in the 2KM eggs so I hope it's not too rare. I need 2 of them and if I cant get one myself I'd aprpeciate seeing them pop up more in the GTS Ideally the method of evolution isn't annoying so I don't have to coordinate with someone else to get Ceruledge.

QuentinQuonce

New season properly announced.

https://pokemongolive.com/seasons/world-of-wonders?hl=en

Yay, Poipole. Otherwise it's a bit meh but tbh after the madness of the Sinnoh tour it'd be nice to have a period of downtime where I can play a bit less without missing much.

Hoping we get Armoured Mewtwo back in raids at some point this season, I read a compelling reasoning the other day why that'd be likely to happen.

And yay, Shadow legendary beasts in raids at last. Your resident Suicune fanboy is most happy about this. What I really want to know is: taking into account the bonus damage for friends, party play, and the all-team boost Primal Kyogre confers, Shadow Suicune should be possible to duo, right...?

So Poipole is indeed part of the special research. Finger's crossed it's transferrable.

Also the notes from yesterday mentioned that Charcadet is in all the eggs and will be in 10km eggs specifically when it leaves so I'm not very optimistic about it being common. AND the way to evolve it in go is in annoying so arranging the malicious armor with a friend will be the go-to. Hopefully I get lucky like I did with Varoom

QuentinQuonce

So Poipole is indeed part of the special research. Finger's crossed it's transferrable.
It most likely will be once the season ends, based on precedent; I imagine you'll have to walk it/evolve it/take photos with it as the special research unfolds so they'll restrict it while that happens.

It most likely will be once the season ends, based on precedent; I imagine you'll have to walk it/evolve it/take photos with it as the special research unfolds so they'll restrict it while that happens.
Yeah that sounds about right it mostly will just bug me since that would mean Naganadel can be in the Home dex but not Poipole. Spinda & Zygarde are annoying enough as it is.

Guess we'll get a Poipole research next year like Cosmog.

New season properly announced.

https://pokemongolive.com/seasons/world-of-wonders?hl=en

Yay, Poipole. Otherwise it's a bit meh but tbh after the madness of the Sinnoh tour it'd be nice to have a period of downtime where I can play a bit less without missing much.

Hoping we get Armoured Mewtwo back in raids at some point this season, I read a compelling reasoning the other day why that'd be likely to happen.

And yay, Shadow legendary beasts in raids at last. Your resident Suicune fanboy is most happy about this. What I really want to know is: taking into account the bonus damage for friends, party play, and the all-team boost Primal Kyogre confers, Shadow Suicune should be possible to duo, right...?
People 5 years ago clocked an Optimal Suicune at 2.07 people if they maxed all the best stuff and had Rainy Weather. It SHOULD be possible with things like Electric/Grass Upgrades to match the weather (Kartanas + Primal Groudon or Zekrom/Xurkitree + Primal Kyogre), but don't expect it to be easy unless you're dealing in Level 40's with quick reviving and are on-top of Purified Gems for the Enrage.

Poipole is giving me Cosmog vibes, which I don't like for collectors or people who might want it for PvP (though Naganadel might be less significant on that front than Solgaleo).

May I ask what the reasoning for Armored Mewtwo returning is (maybe can put in Spoilers if it's speculation or leaks)? Hasn't been around in a while but would be cool to play around with in PvP, even with some big Ghosts on the rise like Annihilape and Skeledirge.

EDIT: Also saw the Seasonal Bonus adds more damage for Friends in Raids, so that probably eases things a lot like the last season we had it.

Last edited:

QuentinQuonce

Yeah that sounds about right it mostly will just bug me since that would mean Naganadel can be in the Home dex but not Poipole. Spinda & Zygarde are annoying enough as it is.

Guess we'll get a Poipole research next year like Cosmog.
Thinking it over you probably won't have to evolve it; with former special research that featured time-critical tasks ("raid a Groudon" for the Hoenn tour, etc) if you just left it and didn't do it eventually the task would turn into something more generic ("win a raid").

May I ask what the reasoning for Armored Mewtwo returning is (maybe can put in Spoilers if it's speculation or leaks)? Hasn't been around in a while but would be cool to play around with in PvP, even with some big Ghosts on the rise like Annihilape and Skeledirge.

EDIT: Also saw the Seasonal Bonus adds more damage for Friends in Raids, so that probably eases things a lot like the last season we had it.
I can't remember the post fully but I believe the gist was that they might do it for the 5-year anniversary of that CG Mewtwo Strikes Back remake (though that would actually put it in the next season, not this one, now I think of it). This season looked like it might have some Kanto-centric events, though, so there's every chance it could happen.

Thinking about what's been in raids recently, it's unlikely we'll get any Gen IV legendaries for a while now and we've just had the Therians and the Lati duo in raids not long ago; Kyurem tends to only come around at Christmas and we had Reshiram/Zekrom in raids just before that in December. The legendary beasts seem to get put in raids less frequently than other bosses but they're going to be this season's Shadow raids so I don't see them doubling up. So I think we're overdue a return for (non-Shadow, Kantonian) Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres in raids during this season at some point. Maybe the Regis as well and we're likely to get Blacephalon and Stakataka at some point. You could fill a season alternating the bird trio with the five lesser Regis but there'll probably be a couple of raid weekends: Shadow Mewtwo was in the teaser trailer for this season, though that's not always a guarantee of it returning.

All my shaky attempts at logic aside it's just also not been in raids for coming up on 4 years now so it's as likely as anything to make a return. It'd definitely be a moneymaker (especially if they release the shiny) and I think it's quite likely that Mega Mewtwo will be held back until next year's Go Fest given the recent news about L:ZA.

Also looking at the PvP updates and it's kind of funny to me the three big winners all represent different angles of Niantic screwing with people for FOMO or just unfun content releases.

• Goodra gets Aqua Tail as a massive upgrade from Muddy Water, but is still pending a Com Day to actually have PvP ideal IVs before it can make a sizeable impact
  • Empoleon gets buffed with Steel Wing JUST after Sinnoh Tour when people could have gotten the all important Hydro Pump on a potentially PvP useful on but probably didn't hold onto it given space would be tight with all the Legendary Raiding and Shiny hunting
  • Feraligatr gets a massive increase with Shadow Claw (now putting it only behind Swampert and Greninja for spammable Water Damage) while having very reliable Charge moves to work with, but both regular and Shadow Feraligatr haven't been available in months/years to be able to build one even if one wanted to invest the Elite TM instead of waiting for a Com Day.
It's genuinely curious if any of these can shake up the meta just given they all have access problems even for paying players. Empoleon's the closest via Shadow encounters but also then has THE scummiest timing.

And in tangential news, Aqua Tail Buff does stonks for Dragonair, Quagsire, Drapion, Overqwil, and Palkia-O. The last one clearly needed to make its Rank 1 Simulator position secure I guess.

QuentinQuonce

Screenshot_2024-02-29-13-41-54-23_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Interesting... there goes the idea that this year's Go Fest will be Manaphy- or Arceus-centric. I would guess that this, alongside the dark flames on the side of the leaked Go Fest logo, would seem to indicate that Marshadow might be this year's mythical.

I didn't buy last year's ticket but hopefully this year's will be good enough to change my mind. Hope we get some good regionals - Bouffalant, Klefki, and possibly Comfey would be my guesses, and maybe shiny releases for Red/Blue Basculin. I'd imagine shiny Jangmo-o also gets released as well following Deino, Axew, and Goomy in previous years - other potential releases might be Passimian, Sandile, or Mareanie.

Finally!!!

I really hope I can swing go fest this year, the last two years were in pretty convenient locations for me due to nearby family. We have some tentative travel plans this summer, though, so hopefully we can work this in...

If I don't make it to GO fest then hopefully they don't drag out making Marshadow generally available too long. Diancie was made available as part of the global go fest research at the end of August, so hopefully they do the same here.

QuentinQuonce

Finally!!!

I really hope I can swing go fest this year, the last two years were in pretty convenient locations for me due to nearby family. We have some tentative travel plans this summer, though, so hopefully we can work this in...

If I don't make it to GO fest then hopefully they don't drag out making Marshadow generally available too long. Diancie was made available as part of the global go fest research at the end of August, so hopefully they do the same here.
Clearly I'm not as cruel as I thought. Ordinarily I'd laugh at the thought of all your excitement and anticipation inevitably concluding with you ending up with an 11/10/11 Marshadow, but I know how long you've been waiting for this so I sincerely hope you get a good one.

Clearly I'm not as cruel as I thought. Ordinarily I'd laugh at the thought of all your excitement and anticipation inevitably concluding with you ending up with an 11/10/11 Marshadow, but I know how long you've been waiting for this so I sincerely hope you get a good one.
Hahaha, thank you for sparing me from your schadenfreude. While I certainly hope for good IVs, I will be stoked to finally have it in GO and this mon will be my default best buddy whenever research doesn't force a rotation. :)

Checking people who got the research early due to timezones, Poipole is the first reward and indeed can neither evolve yet nor be transferred to Home.
The second part of the research also gives you 25 Poipole candy so it's pretty obvious what they want you to do with it later in the season.

Gonna be a long 3 months as I wait it out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)