Tournament PMPL Commencement Thread

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Welcome to the first installment of the Pet Mods Premier League, where on the big stage, people from all across the Pet Mods world. Will be competing to win the first PMPL Trophy

This year's PMPL will be cohosted by Paulluxx, DuoM2 and the other Pet Mods Moderators

This year's managers will be:

Workers' Union of Gensokyo: anaconja + cityscapes
Close Combat Comrades: Paulluxx + Rezzo
turnTier 1 Boomers: Lord Zorz + KeroseneZanchu
Manicunos Manicunos: earl G-Luke
Phantomire Gourgeists: Regic Boat + Vipotis
Po-Town Probopass: Hematemesis + pupugugu

Assigned teams, slots, tier breakdown and draft order will be announced at a later time.

Player sign-ups will go up at the same time as or shortly after this commencement thread is made. When a prospective player signs up, they are expected to also note which tiers they are interested in playing during the tournament. In order to ensure the best possible experience for yourself, the managers, and your team, please do NOT sign up for any tier you are unwilling to play. If you would not seriously consider playing that tier in a tournament environment, do not list it. The tiers you put down in your signup are not binding for the entire tournament, but they will affect how your prospective manager sees you, and as such they should be as accurate to your skillset as possible. Don't make dumb joke posts about playing tiers you do not care for.

The tier lineup this year is as follows:
  • Megas For All Overused
  • Fusion Evolution Underused
  • Hoenn Gaiden Overused
  • Restrictions
  • Alternatium
  • Joltemons Overused
  • National Dex Balanced Hackmons

Tournaments Rules and General Guidelines

General PMPL Rules & Regulations (taken from SPL, and other Tournaments

The General Manager of a team is essentially the boss of a team. The GM is the final word in all decisions (barring the hosts) regarding his team. The GM decides which players play on the team, who plays in what position, and even handles the team finances. Managers also make sure that the team keeps running on a day to day basis. If a team fails to complete their matches by the end of the allotted time, the onus is on the manager to inform the hosts as to what happened in order to make sure that proper activity calls are made.
All players must sign up if they wish to play in the Pet Mods Premier League, even those who will eventually be retained to their past teams(in later years). It is important to note that the Pet Mods Premier League is a pretty long tour and that the activity level of a player is significant. Do not sign up to play for a team if you do not intend to see the tournament through to the end. This includes maintaining a competitive attitude if your team is already eliminated from playoff contention. You never know whether or not winning your end-season matches will make you a more valued player next season, so even if your team isn’t necessarily in the playoff picture anymore, there’s always value in playing your best. Failure to complete matches in a timely manner consistently may result in being barred from entering the Pet Mods Premier League in future seasons.

The sign-up list will then be taken and sorted into appropriate lists for each of the 7 metagames. These lists will then be used by managers for the auction.
Total money for teams is TBD based on player signups

In the weeks preceding the live auction, a time will be chosen by all of the General Managers to meet and perform a live auction in order to choose players. Managers will be expected to remain at the auction for the entire duration, which should take approximately 2-3 hours. This will be scheduled at times to best accommodate all managers.

Once a time is set, all managers + the hosts will enter the place where the auction will be held - likely the Dragonheaven server. Spectators are allowed to join in to watch the fun unfold, but will not be able to speak. Discussion on the bidding at hand should be relegated to the Lobby chatroom or any other appropriate chat outlet.

The hosts will first ask a team to nominate a player. The order by which teams will nominate players will go in a snaking pattern from the highest ranked team from last year to the lowest ranked team(Random this year), then the lowest ranked team to the highest ranked team(Again, Random this year). The hosts will then tell the details of said player and bidding will commence, starting at 3000 credits, with the nominating team automatically placing the first bid. The auction will then be in real time. Managers will simply put in their bids in the chat, raising a minimum of 500 credits. If after 15 seconds there are no new bids, the player is sold to the highest bid in the channel. The hosts or utilized bot will provide a 5 second warning before bidding is closed on a player. The updated credit totals will then be posted and then the next manager in the rotation will be prompted to nominate a player.

Managers are advised that placed bids are final, and we will generally not permit an undo in the case of a mistake. Exceptions can be made in cases where a team nominates an incorrect player or if a typo in a bid amount would threaten the integrity of the team as a whole. Please make sure to double check your bids before sending them!

Managers are asked to please have a predetermined list of players you intend to nominate as well as potential bid caps, in order to make the process go as quickly and seamlessly as possible.

Managers: it is necessary for you to field a roster to have starters for all slots and a minimum of 3 substitutes, with a maximum of 10 substitutes being allowed of which all must be paid at least 3000 credits. This creates a soft cap of 101,000 credits on any particular bid - that is, the maximum amount of money you can spend on any one player and still have enough money left over to pay at least 3000 credits a piece on 13 more players.

Remember that there are midseason free agent pick-ups. It may be beneficial to save some credits in order to pick up players midseason, but remember that no new players will be allowed to sign up for the midseason draft.
It is at this time that the tournament will commence. The league stages consist of a Round Robin tournament. Every team will face every other team once through 9 weeks of play. Each manager will submit to the hosts a roster no later than the deadline of the previous week. This roster will list the starting players and what metagames they will play.

When the week starts, teams' players will face off in their respective metagames / tiers. The M4A OU 1 from Team A will face the M4A 1 from team B, FEUU 2 will face FEUU 2, and so on. Whichever team wins the most battles will be declared the victor for the week. Rather than score based on how many individual battles a team wins, the primary thing that matters is who beat the most teams. As such, points are awarded based only on wins and losses versus teams as a whole, not individual players. Beating a team in a week’s matchups is worth two points, tying with a team is worth one point, and losing is worth none, simple as that. At the end of the round robin, the top four teams in the points proceed to the playoffs and will be seeded into a knock-out style bracket where they will face off until only one team remains.

There are a few regulatory things during the league stages that need to be outlined.

1. Substitutes – At any point in time during the week, a team may make a substitution for a currently slotted player. In order to do this a manager must post in the thread, tagging the hosts, the opposing managers and the opposing player stating which player is substituting out, and which player is substituting in. A player that has substituted out for a week cannot be substituted back in. In addition, in order to catch any attempts at garnering favorable matchups, all substitutions are subject to veto by the hosts if the substitution is suspected to be attempting to “game” the system.

2. There will be no trades allowed at any point during PMPL.

3. Activity decisions – There are inevitably times where two players simply fail to complete a match; however, the nature of the tournament system sometimes makes it advantageous to purposely fail to play (such as when a team is up 6-5 in a week). Because of this, it is necessary to make activity decisions on matches. Hosts are required to make thorough investigations regarding each and every potential failed match during a week. If both parties are deemed to be equally apathetic or enthusiastic about getting the match done, but just have not had the opportunity to make it happen, the match will result in a no contest. However, if it is deemed that one party made significantly more effort than the other in attempting to get the match done, then a win will be awarded to that player. Things that will make it very likely that you will lose via activity include: failing to VM your opponent immediately upon the week’s start, scheduling a match and being documented as missing the match time, failing to provide any concrete times for which you can be reached, failing to respond to an opponent’s VM at all. Please be certain to review the guidelines for a favorable judgement in an activity decision. Note that this is a tournament that requires a very high level of activity and diligence, if you don’t think you can get your matches done, quite simply don’t sign up.

4. Rule Breaking – There is no excuse for breaking any of the predetermined rules. If you are caught breaking a rule, you will lose your match. There is no lenience with regards to this. Break a rule, you lose. Period.

5. Reversing Rulings - No ruling will be retroactively overturned once the week following the week that the ruling has been made has ended. This includes: activity rulings / rulings based on rule breaking / anything else under the sun. I'm not going back in time to reevaluate every single decision I've made throughout the tournament on Week 9 because you think you were gypped 1-2 wins along the way and now they're the difference between you and a playoff spot. Any appeals to a ruling must be made during the week that the ruling is made; beyond that, all rulings are final once the week ends.
At the end of the league stages, there will be a knockout style playoffs involving the top 4 teams in the points. In the event of a tie in overall points standings, the following criteria is used for breaking ties.

• Overall Points >
• Battle Difference (total # battles won - total # battles lost) >
• Best of 3 - each team picks a unique tier with the winner of the Head to Head matchup picking second, then a tier voted on by the hosts is the 3rd game. In the event that the two teams tied in the Head to Head matchup, the team with better results against the higher seeds will pick second.

After the top 4 have been determined, each team will be seeded. The #1 seed will play the #4 seed, and the #2 seed will play the #3 seed. The victors of these matches will advance to the finals match. The winning team of this match will be declared the ultimate victors of the Pet Mods Premier League

League Stages & Playoffs

League Stages

Not all of the teams will qualify to play in the playoffs. Based on the results of the League stage, the top 4 teams will advance to the playoffs.
In the league stages, beating another team gives you 2 points, drawing the match gives you 1 point, and losing it gives you nothing. In addition, the manner in which you win will also be stored; that is, how many you won vs how many you lost. This difference will be used in case of a tie at the end of the league stage.

Playoffs

Based on the league stage, the top 4 teams will be seeded and placed into a bracket, in which they will go head to head. Teams will battle in the same format as during the league stage. At the end of all 8 battles, the team with more wins will advance to finals.

During the playoffs, to add to the epicness, and give some of the subs an extra opportunity to play, the higher seed in both matchups will get to pick a slot to double up on.

In the case of a tie in playoffs, the advancing team will be decided by a best of three - each team picks a unique tier with the higher seed picking second, then a tier voted on by the hosts is the 3rd game.
The tournament will progress in this format until there is only one team left standing, the champion of the Pet Mods Premier League.

---

This post marks the formal start to PMPL, which means:
  • Managers can hold official tryouts and
  • HYPE!

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello potential Pet Mod Premier League players! I am here to do a brief overview of the Pet Mods that will be apart of this great undertaking, while providing links to further resources to help people learn about the meta in question. Without further adieu!

Megas For All OverUsed
A Pet Mod where the primary goal is simply to grant a Mega Evolution to every fully evolved Pokémon in the game. Nat Dex based.
Current Status: Ongoing / On Break
Mod Host: Hematite
Discord

Fusion Evolution UnderUsed
A soft reboot of the popular Fusion Evolution Project, Fusion Evolution UU is a Pet Mod where users can submit fused versions of two existing naturally occuring Pokémon, following mod specific guidelines. Gen 8 OU based. (Movexit enforced, Dexit is not.)
Current Status: Ongoing*
Mod Host: AquaticPanic
*(Due to Fusion Evolution RU currently being underway, any new additions there are technically usable in UU)
Discord

Hoenn Gaiden OverUsed
A Pet Mod primarily centred around Generation Three OU in which community approved mechanics, Pokémon and other miscellaneous features from later gens are introduced into the tier. Gen 3 OU based.
Current Status: Ongoing / On Break
Mod Host: Ema Skye
Discord

Restrictions
A Pet Mod completely comprised of Fakémon that comply with restrictions applied at the beginning of each slate. Gen 8 OU based.
Current Status: Completed
Mod Host: DuoM2
Discord - None ATM

Alternatium
A metagame solely comprised of Pokémon with Showdown implemented alternate forms, with each alternate form being their own unique Pokémon. Nat Dex based (Z-Moves not legal).
Mod Host: G-Luke
Discord

JolteMons OverUsed
A reboot of the previous generation's SylveMons, this metagame's premise is to add and change moves, items, and abilities to create a more interesting metagame. Pokémon are also be given adjustments, but not to stat lines. Nat Dex based (Only Signature Z-Moves allowed).
Mod Host: Yoshiblaze
Discord

National Dex Balanced Hackmons
Balanced Hackmons, but with the full tools that the National Dex format provide it with.
Current Status: Completed (Not a Community based Mod)
Mod Host: anaconja
Discord - None ATM

Hopefully these help you familiarize with these Pet Mods more for the up and coming tour. Any more specific questions can be asked in the main Pet Mods discord, the mod specific discord or can be directed at the host of each particular mod. Wishing everyone lots of fun!

Last edited:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
PMPL TEAMS.png

The teams have been decided for the Inaugural Pet Mods Premier League, week 1 will start next sunday, but schedule will go out later today
Tier 1 Boomers
Isocon27000
XxSevagxX16000
Xrn15000
Josjet15000
NEON_Voyager11500
Gekokeso10500
Bekama3500
Noctrine3000
Magearnatheboss3000

Po-Town Probopass
Gravity Monkey20000
Mossy Sandwich16500
Bynum16000
Nalorium14500
Clasmia12500
Megaspoopy004500
analysisgeek3000
MudkipBowl3000

Phantomire Gourgeists
zxg30500
Sticky Fingaa25000
Spook15000
Tapler15000
Beaf Cultist13500
TTTech6000
NotCopen4000
Darkrai Retribution4000
ry423000
NeonNitroGlycerin3000

Workers' Union of Gensokyo
LRXC25500
adem19000
dex14500
Squawkerz11500
DuoM28000
Onix Onyx 75500
SiceXV3000
Mr. Bossaru3000

Close Combat Comrades
Monai18500
Bobsican18000
ausma14000
Quantum Tesseract14000
anique8500
Eeveegirl13805000
scorbunnys3000
Stitchuu3000
Redwood Rogue3000
Arandomperson3000

Manicunos Manicunos
Scoopapa45000
guttrainer10000
Moretto8500
Amberr7000
Nihilslave5000
TGtz89205000
RTM3500
tol3000
447323a3000

Overall
Scoopapa45000
zxg30500
Isocon27000
LRXC25500
Sticky Fingaa25000
Gravity Monkey20000
adem19000
Monai18500
Bobsican18000
Mossy Sandwich16500
XxSevagxX16000
Bynum16000
Xrn15000
Josjet15000
Spook15000
Tapler15000
Nalorium14500
dex14500
ausma14000
Quantum Tesseract14000
Beaf Cultist13500
Clasmia12500
NEON_Voyager11500
Squawkerz11500
Gekokeso10500
guttrainer10000
anique8500
Moretto8500
DuoM28000
Amberr7000
TTTech6000
Onix Onyx 75500
Eeveegirl13805000
Nihilslave5000
TGtz89205000
Megaspoopy004500
NotCopen4000
Darkrai Retribution4000
Bekama3500
RTM3500
Noctrine3000
Magearnatheboss3000
analysisgeek3000
MudkipBowl3000
ry423000
NeonNitroGlycerin3000
SiceXV3000
Mr. Bossaru3000
scorbunnys3000
Stitchuu3000
Redwood Rogue3000
Arandomperson3000
tol3000
447323a3000

woo

You'll be UNDER MY WHEELS
is a Pre-Contributor
Paulluxx asked me to do Alternatium Power Rankings in an unbiased way. But my fucking team has G-Luke (best player imo), Scoopapa (good), and me (i'm not great but i played the metagame a lot of times.), so i'll exclude the Manicunos from this Power Ranking.

1. manicunos Close Combat Comrades :Urshifu:
CCC has an Alternatium council member in their team, it's Redwood Rogue! Having at least someone who does play the actual mod may give them a good position in alt. StitChuu, Monai and scorbunnys can also adapt to other formats, but i'm almost sure scorbunnys would prefer playing JolteMons.

2. Worker's Union of Gensokyo :flapple:
This is more about piloting teams in general, but dex + adem is a busted duo with Mr. Bossaru being also able to play games with needed. They don't have a dedicated Alternatium slot but DuoM2 does have teams from when they made their video

3. Phantomire Gourgeists :gourgeist:
This is the team im the most excited about to see. They do have two managers that have played the tier, but one of them builds wack teams and the other one loves using extremely niche stuff. That said, i do believe they have got some people that are good enough to pilot those teams, but i highly think some teams of dubious quality are to be seen.

4. Po Town Probopass :probopass: and turnTier 1 Boomers :electrode:
Those teams funnily enough are ranked together because i believe Xrn and Nalorium are both good pilots. The one player that doesnt play m4a the week from PTP could also fall into Alt, and boomers have IsoCon if the Xrn slot is spent somewhere else. MagearnaTheBoss also looks like someone who could play anything so definitely have some hopes.

Peace.

Paulluxx didn't ask me to do HG Power Rankings in an unbiased way but here I am anyways! I stole Moretto 's intro and now I'm also stealing their format!

Rezzo and Paul are contenders for the best HG players, hell they're both council, and while there's still plenty of hidden HG stuff waiting to be shown off in this PL, the stuff that is known is piloted very tightly by both of them. Don't let that intimidate you though, I've beaten them both. ;D (still watch out)

2. turnTier 1 Boomers :electrode:
Ever the humble, dashing rogue, I won't toot my own horn too much here about my HG skills(I'm not playing), but I will flex that I'm a good support for the tier and know it very well; Voyager however, well, he can go toe to toe with anyone I believe, so of course I figure we're gonna do fine.

3. Po-Town Probopass :probopass:
This team is held up by a demon, yes... Bynum is an absolute monster in ADV, and now... He's coming for you!
Naw but really, it's exciting to see him on this PL for HG, genuinely a monster of a player so keep your eye out. Him alone brings the team up to here, I recommend saving the replays of his matches from this tour and learning a thing or tow.

4. Worker's Union of Gensokyo :flapple:
Of course I'll be rounding this list off with LRXC, mans only hopped into HG a few weeks ago but is a real GOAT, good energy and good plays, honestly will be cool to see him in a tour, now that he's playing for keeps and not just testing stuff. Could easily see him brandish some tight gameplay and just deck everyone else... But we'll see on that one. ;D

Alright, those are my thoughts. Really wanted to highlight some ADV/HG players we got here, genuinely these matches will be fire.

That's all.

Cya.

Sleep time; See you all in the PL!

:sphearical:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Paulluxx didn't ask me to do HG Power Rankings in an unbiased way but here I am anyways! I stole Moretto 's intro and now I'm also stealing their format!

Rezzo and Paul are contenders for the best HG players, hell they're both council, and while there's still plenty of hidden HG stuff waiting to be shown off in this PL, the stuff that is known is piloted very tightly by both of them. Don't let that intimidate you though, I've beaten them both. ;D (still watch out)

2. turnTier 1 Boomers :electrode:
Ever the humble, dashing rogue, I won't toot my own horn too much here about my HG skills(I'm not playing), but I will flex that I'm a good support for the tier and know it very well; Voyager however, well, he can go toe to toe with anyone I believe, so of course I figure we're gonna do fine.

3. Po-Town Probopass :probopass:
This team is held up by a demon, yes... Bynum is an absolute monster in ADV, and now... He's coming for you!
Naw but really, it's exciting to see him on this PL for HG, genuinely a monster of a player so keep your eye out. Him alone brings the team up to here, I recommend saving the replays of his matches from this tour and learning a thing or tow.

4. Worker's Union of Gensokyo :flapple:
Of course I'll be rounding this list off with LRXC, mans only hopped into HG a few weeks ago but is a real GOAT, good energy and good plays, honestly will be cool to see him in a tour, now that he's playing for keeps and not just testing stuff. Could easily see him brandish some tight gameplay and just deck everyone else... But we'll see on that one. ;D

Alright, those are my thoughts. Really wanted to highlight some ADV/HG players we got here, genuinely these matches will be fire.

That's all.

Cya.

Sleep time; See you all in the PL!

:sphearical:
bro you cant just not include us this time like we drafted fuckin callous or smth

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am officially banning the use of any of earl and myself's contributions to all slated metagames if you aren't on the Manicunos.

Seeing as earl made all of the S ranks for Jolte, I made half of Alternatium, earl and I made a combined 1/4 of FEUU and I made this most broken Pokémon in Restrictions, it's not looking very cash money for you guys.

#CunoGate #CunoGate #CunoGate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)