Plz Rate my new OU team

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
:sv/enamorus: :sv/great tusk: :sv/iron boulder:
:sv/kingambit: :sv/meowscarada: :sv/raging bolt:

Hey, guys, I made a new OU team, and will keep updating it, but for now I want to ask if you’ll rate this one. It’s pretty similar to the old one, btw

:enamorus: Enamorus-
Enamorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tera Blast
- Healing Wish
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
Enamorus is a critical Pokémon in the team as a sweeper with its signature strategy, Stellar Tera Tera Blast w/ Contrary and Scarf. The idea is simple (and no, I’m not Failboat lol): Stellar Tera, spam Tera Blast. You’ll gradually get stronger and you’ll outspeed everything. Simple. I also have Earth Power cause why not? Moonblast for Fairy STAB, and Healing Wish to heal one of my injured Pokémon, just in case. Now, you could also run a Physical set where you use Superpower and Play Rough over Earth Power and Moonblast. This Pokémon is perfect against teams that lead with weak Pokémon that set up (such as :glimmora: Glimmora or :deoxys-speed: Deoxys-Speed), however, it does also have some counters. :raging bolt: Raging Bolt and :clodsire: Clodsire are among those, as a single Thunderclap from Bolt will OHKO it and Clodsire just doesn’t care about the stat boosts. It’s could also have some trouble with :skeledirge: Skeledirge for the same reason as Clodsire.

:great tusk: Great Tusk-
Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Ice Spinner
Great Tusk is another excellent Pokémon, as it’s high Speed and Proto boosted Attack are really good. It also can see some use as hazard removal with Rapid Spin. This is definitely a go-to Pokémon. You could even do quite a lot of replacements, too and it’ll still be good. Such replacements are swapping Earthquake, Brick Break, and Temper Flare with Headlong Rush, Close Combat, and I’ve Spinner and changing the Fire Tera to an Ice Tera. It excels at countering Pokémon, such as :raging bolt: Raging Bolt, who can’t really touch it, :hatterene: Hatterene, as it can break through its screens and is immune to its Nuzzle/Thunder Wave shenanigans, and :archaludon: Archaludon, who can’t fire its Power Shots on it. However, it can be countered by a few Pokémon like :meowscarada: Meowscarada, who can easily outspeed and OHKO with Flower Trick or Triple Axel, :serperior: Serperior, who can also outspeed and OHKO, and :kyurem: Kyurem, with the same thing.

:iron boulder: Iron Boulder-
Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mighty Cleave
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Zen Headbutt
Iron Boulder can be another great asset with its high Attack and Quark Drive boosted Speed. With Swords Dance, it can boost and then proceed to sweep with its wide array of moves. If you want, you can replace Sacred Sword with Close Combat or Swords Dance with Poison Jab. It can easily counter some Pokémon like :gliscor: Gliscor by breaking through its Protects, :enamorus: Enamorus by outspending and OHKOing, and :torkoal: Torkoal or :pelipper: Pelipper by similarly outspeeding and OHKOing. However, you have to be careful of Pokémon such as :meowscarada: Meowscarada, :kingambit: Kingambit, and :samurott-hisui: Samurott-Hisui with their Sucker Punches.

:kingambit: Kingambit-
Kingambit @ Lum Berry
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fairy
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
Kingambit is a late game sweeper, as Supreme Overlord and Sucker Punch can be really crippling, especially if you get a Swords Dance off. You might be able to pull of swapping Swords Dance with Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, Taunt, etc. Kingambit can counter Pokémon like :iron boulder: Iron Boulder, who can’t stand up to its Sucker Punches, :hatterene: Hatterene, who takes its Iron Heads pretty badly, and every Pokémon slower than it (The slower OU Pokémon include :clodsire: Clodsire, :dondozo: Dondozo, :hatterene: Hatterene, :slowking-galar: Slowking-Galar, :ting-lu: Ting-Lu, :torkoal: Torkoal, and :toxapex: Toxapex), as they will suffer for their slowness. However, it’s easily countered by Pokémon like :iron valiant: Iron Valiant, :great tusk: Great Tusk, and :corviknight: Corviknight, who will pummel it into the dirt.

:meowscarada: Meowscarada-
Meowscarada @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Ice
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Triple Axel
This Pokémon literally makes the whole tier suffer, and I could even see it getting banned to Uber. Its Band set let’s it beat everything, whether you’re Sucker Punching, Triple Axelling, Knock Offing, or Flower Tricking, you’re a monster with it. You can also replace Knock Off with U-Turn for momentum. It counters so many Pokémon, like :great tusk: Great Tusk, :iron boulder: Iron Boulder, and :skeledirge: Skeledirge, who will suffer for their type matchups. However, some of the few saviors against this are :corviknight: Corviknight, who can Body Press and resist the Triple Axel, :cinderace: Cinderace, who can defeat it with its own Band, and :volcarona: Volcarona, who can resist its attacks and hit back hard.

:raging bolt: Raging Bolt-
Raging Bolt @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Thunderclap
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
Raging Bolt can also sweep easily, and a single Calm Mind will complete that objective, along with Proto boosted Sp. Atk. Thunderclap to outspeed all, Thunderbolt to deal more damage to those it does outspeed, Dragon Pulse for Dragon STAB, and Calm Mind for setup. You can also replace Thunderbolt or Dragon Pulse with Draco Meteor, too. It counters :enamorus: Enamorus with its Flying type, :dondozo: Dondozo with its bad Speed, and :samurott-hisui: Samurott-Hisui with its Water typing. However, :great tusk: Great Tusk, :gliscor: Gliscor, and :clodsire: Clodsire, who with their Ground typing counter it well.

Plz help me rate this team, as it’s a pretty good one. Thx!

:sv/enamorus: :sv/great tusk: :sv/iron boulder:
:sv/kingambit: :sv/meowscarada: :sv/raging bolt:

Last edited:

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Um your RMT name makes it seem like this post is in the wrong forum when its not

This team also looks prety Weak to Corv, with Bolt being the only counter to it. Temper Flare on Tusk would probably be a good replacement, as I believe Ice Spinner is for Gliscor and Landorus, which Band Meow can take care of. Temper Flare also has the benefit of surprising Gholdengo and hitting Grass-types super-effectively

j0nathan

formerly trainer_j0nathan
Cool Team.
Some small problems I have:
Life Orb on Kingambit is kinda meh. Just run HDB, Black Glasses, Lefties or Lum Berry instead.
Tera Electric is bad on Raging Bolt if you really want to sweep with it. I'd use a more defensive Tera: Fairy or maybe Flying.

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Changes done. Kingambit has Lum Berry instead of Life Orb, Great Tusk has Temper Flare and Fire Tera instead of Ice Spinner and Ice Tera, and Raging Bolt has Fairy Tera instead of Electric Tera (I could’ve sworn it already had Fairy Tera). Thx. Any more suggestions?

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Changed Boulder’s EVs from 252 Attack 4 Defense to 150 Attack 106 Defense to get a Speed Quark Drive instead

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
You already have a strong Fairy Type so you don't really need that.
Ok. I said that because I faced Tusk with Bolt and was really wished that I had Tera Blast right then. It absolutely crushed me because it was using moves I wasn’t expecting (like Headlong Rush instead of Close Combat on Kingambit). Besides, Thunderbolt isn’t really needed that much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)