Please Tell the Weaknesses

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm new here and I want my team to be rated. Not only rated, please also tell me what can I improve.

1. Life Orb Latios lead.
Moves: Calm Mind, Recover, Luster Purge, and Dragon Pulse.
Strategy: this special attacker is to set-up a few CM boosts and then use DPulse or LPurge (to decrease the Sp. Def. of the opponent further).
Alternatives: May I use Psychic instead of LPurge?

2. Choice Banded Victini.
Moves: V-Create, Bolt Strike, U-Turn, and Zen Headbutt.
Strategy: the 180-power STAB V-Create can rip-off teams. Plus, its Jolly nature makes it faster to hit even water types with Bolt Strike, OHKOing them. 80-powered ZHeadbutt is another STAB with accuracy elevating to 99 with Victory Star.

3. Life Orb Infernape.
Moves: Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Flare Blitz, Mach Punch.
Strategy: Iron Fist will further add to its STAB Fire Punch and he can be a real physical sweeper.
Alternatives: May I use Choice Band instead of LOrb? Well, I was thinking of making him a late game sweeper so band will do it good but in case he can also rely on others...

4. Life Orb Volcarona.
Moves: Heat Wave, Bug Buzz, Roost, Quiver Dance.
Strategy: maybe he won't get to set-up effective QDances but still he's strong. Heat Wave over Fiery Dance due to increased power only.
Alternatives: he doesn't really uses Roost much, so maybe Hurricane will do?

5. Leftovers Starmie: my rapid spinner.
Moves: Recover, Rapid Spin, Hydro Pump, and Psychic.
Strategy: this idea came to me after seeing Volcarona losing direct 50% health in a Stealth Rock field. Indeed there are better Rapid Spinners but Starmie's good HP and leftovers are a fine option. Claydol can damage more with RSpin while Starmie is a special attacker with poor 167 attack after Modest nature but still, its Psychic can really be good.
Alternatives: I think of Starmie as a useless last-minute add, just to spin rapidly. If only there was a better option, I'd choose it.

6th slot is empty. Please tell me what will be good to pick to cover most of weaknesses. I think a Moxie (Salamence or Gyarados preferably) or a dark type would do just great, like Bisharp. Or maybe another strategy like Scarf Techloom or Gliscor, who knows?

please make sure to read the how to make an RMT thread before actually writeing an RMT. why havent you got any evs or natures??? if your not sure what evs are look them up. just a suggestion but when writeing a moveset it most commonly comes in the form of
(Picture)
(Pokemon species) @ (Item)
Trait: (ability)
EVs: (1-255 (Stat allocation)) / (1-255 (Stat allocation))/(1-255 (Stat allocation))
(Chosen nature) Nature
-(chosen Move if any)
-(chosen Move if any)
-(chosen Move if any)
-(chosen Move if any)

try and keep it something like that when presenting a pokemon followed with at least 3 lines of text descibeing why you chose the moveset and its synergy with the rest of the team.

in terms of your team:
1. you have a far larger then recommend amout of fire type pokemon present on your team, you should probibly switch one out for something that counters fire type pokes common threats ie based on the generally hyper offensive nature of this team maby something that simply provides more offense. as your team is very special attacking by nature you should try something offensive, how about kyurem-b?
2. you may consider useing giga drain over roost on volcarona as this provides alternate form of healing to roost that also damages the enemy while also giveing volcarona a check against water types.
3. as for your last pokemon i may go for a moxier but because of how offensive this team is you might consider useing ninetales to give you that handy 1.5* boost, give ninetales a more defensive moveset because of its only need being to stay alive

Yeah I agree with the Ninetales thing, but for the Sun, I may have to give it lead, which I can't. And I didn't chose that format because I didn't know that it's compulsory, I thought people can post their team in any manner; I just thought that I have to give the important things here, everyone knows that my Latios won't be Adamant!... :/

And thanks, the Giga Drain substitution was cool.

It's hard to rate this team the layout is unorganized please remove this and do a proper RMT
The stickey on the front page of RMT will tell you how good luck with your team

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Yeah you can really post an incomplete team. You need to have 6 Pokemon to post a Rate My Team. Furthermore, your descriptions are quite short, you need to have a minimum of three lines. You need to list EVs, Natures, and all the relevant info about your Pokemon. PM me an updated version of your thread and I'll unlock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)