Please rate my sandstorm team!

Well I'm new here and I'm honestly not sure this is the correct place to post a team. I have not played any pokemon game in a very long time and I will get platinum soon in an effort to beat my friend, so this is just casual. I tried to do some research and I think this might be a decent sandstorm team, but I could be very very very very very wrong. So please feel free to help! I will only mention ability if there is an option to choose from.

Tyranitar
Nature: Jolly
Item: Choice Scarf
EV's: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Role: Attacker Sets up Sandstorm and Stealth Rock, quickly switches out if there are any major threats I can't handle. Goes out in the lead.
Attacks:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail
-Crunch

Forretress
Nature: Impish
Item: Shed Shell
EV's: 252 Hp / 112 Atk / 144 Spd
Role: Medium Attacker, sets up spikes and has rapid spin to deal with my opponents entry hazards. Goes out in the lead with Tyranitar, Tyranitar's choice scarfed Aqua Tail should be able to cover it.
Attacks:
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Payback
-Explosion

Flygon
Nature: Jolly or Adamant depends which one I manage to breed first
Item: Choice Band
EV's: 4 Spd / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Role: Heavy Attacker, has U-turn to troll my opponent into madness :D
Attacks:
-U-Turn
-Fire Punch
-Outrage
-Stone Edge

Blissey
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace I am a firm believer in status conditions.
EV's: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Role: Special Wall / Healer. Blissey is also equipped with 2 attacks that cover a wide range of types for extra defence.
Attacks:
-Aromatherapy (its going to be really hard to breed one with correct nature and this move)
-Softboiled
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

Arcanine
Nature: Not sure needs help
Item: Liechi Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EV's: Not sure needs help
Role: Mixed Attacker helps troll with roar even though its slow. Can inflict burns on pokemon unable to be poisoned, and can attack water pokemon super-effectively that Blissey could not.
Attacks:
-Roar
-Natural Gift
-Will o' Wisp
-Extremespeed

And now for my personal favorite and the reason I made this team

(Drum Roll)

Shuckle
Nature: Impish/Careful
Item: Leftovers
EV's: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Role: The ultimate staller/wall. Unfortunately is vulnerable to taunt which there is nothing I can do about that, but other than that this guy will poison and stall all day long.
Attacks:
-Toxic
-Encore
-Rest
-Protect

First of all, this team should be posted in the OU section, because it contains OU pokemon.

I have to say, the synergy between your team isn't explained very well, so I'll just rate them all individually.
ScarfTar really isn't that good a rocker: there are many others that could fill the role much better and let TTar deal with threats late game. As such, Hippowdon would make a great stall lead, as always, so the set I would recommend is:

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Careful/Impish: Insert bulky EVs here (I just use max HP/max SpD)
-Stealth Rock
-Roar
-Slack Off
-Earthquake
Hippowdon has a lot of good qualities that Tyranitar can only dream of, most of which are exemplified in this set: more bulk, reliable recovery, no weakness to the ever-so-common Earthquake and its own STAB Earthquake. Hippowdon also provides you with a valuable, durable phazer, something that you will need on your team. It is hyper-defensive which is always important.
Forretress is lacking something that every stall-based team needs: TSpikes. Two lots of these and you can be causing a lot of early damage. Replce Explosion for these and then Payback for Gyro Ball, as it still provides you with enough power to break the common Gengar.
CBGon is most liking Jolly so make sure that that's your chosen nature. Without Choice Scarf, he is lacking the all-important speed that makes him so dangerous.
Blissey is unlikely to be benefitting from BoltBeam so Wish is easily useful, especially on a stall team. You should also have Seismic Toss, so you can wear down SubCMs and the like and prevent them from tearing your team, hiding behind a Sub.
I really don't see the point in Arcanine if I'm honest: I would just replace it with something more ideal to a team like this, such as Rotom-A. This gives you an ace spinblocker, as your team is just asking to be spun by an opposing Forretress. It also allows you to cripple opposing walls with Trick. You could try this:

Rotom-A @ Choice Scarf
Bold: Insert bulky EVs here
-Trick
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-HP Ice
This is your standard TrickScarf Rotom, which is a spinblocker and a revenge killer, and also cripples walls, all at the same time! Or, if you wanted to depend less on prediction, you could try this:

Rotom-A @ Leftovers
Bold: Bulky EV spread
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball/HP Ice/Will-o-Wisp
This is another standard Rotom set in the form of ResTalk, and is much more deserving on a place in a sandstorm team due to its recovery potential. You still have your spinblocker though.
Finally, Shuckle. Yes, well, if I'm going to make a suggestion over Toxic (as you already have TSpikes) you should have Bind/Wrap/Sand Tomb, for the purpose of Toxic build-up/more residual damage. This means that opponents will wear down faster, and you won't be powerless against steel/poison types.

So to summarise:

Hippowdon > Tyranitar
TSpikes > Explosion
Gyro Ball > Payback (possibly)
Jolly > Adamant (Flygon)
Wish + Seismic Toss > BoltBeam
Rotom-A > Arcanine
Sand Tomb/Wrap/Bind > Toxic

Remember, take all my suggestions with a pinch of salt (I'm not very good!) and I hope I helped!

First of all Rusted Platinum, thank you for acknowledging my existence on this forum, I feared I blundered too badly. I will try to do a better job explaining myself in the future.

Now for your comments I have one really big issue. There is practically no way for me to get a pokemon with wish that will not learn it normally unless there are wish events in platinum, but I think its like an online event so, no? Also I have realized I made way too many mistakes on this first list and will remake it, and post it on the appropriate channel. The rest of the changes look good, however I prefer Ice Beam over Seismic Toss and my pokemon's nature will be based on my luck and patience getting them. For the time being I will plot more and will return later with m changes.

haunter

Banned deucer.
You need to expand your descriptions or I'll have to lock this thread. Also, moving this to OU teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)