#playstation2013

you're saying you don't get patches for free ?_?
More-so the dumbing down of core Diablo mechanics, to suit the general console crowd. Yes it was a decent game, but now knowing the port to console was the idea all along, you can totally see why they made some of the design choices they did and leaves you wondering what it could have been!

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Lol, really? Diablo 3 didn't live up to my expectations (most because I expected it to be one of the best games ever made), but you're being seriously paranoid. A console port of Diablo 3 will be an inferior game just as much as console port of Diablo 2 would have been, or console ports of RTS or MOBA games. It still requires a mouse button too much. That and the fact that Diablo 3 had record setting sales at launch and you think it was ultimately a beta? It still amazes me how people will find reasons to complain about a game with no dead levels.

You seem to be using the word "fallacious" from a completely subjective standpoint. And if you're going to reference my argument from authority as fallacious at least try to be aware of what constitutes such an argument to be fallacious.
EDITED: I'm being pissy because I'm dealing with my ex right now, but please read up on the concept of logical fallacies and don't reference review scores or popularity in an argument, not even in support and especially not the smarmy way you did it. You like multiplayer Killzone, fine, whatever, but a cursory glance at metacritic shows DmC, Farcry 3, and Okami falling in the 5 point (out of 100!) range that is your two Killzone games, and after you've pulled all your hair out in frustration that array of games alone should tell anyone why review aggregates for video games just don't matter.

Oh, in that case...
I'm a gamer first and foremost. I'm allowed to have opinions too.
:)

I will say, though: I'm honestly excited for the PS4, both as a gamer and as an employee at PlayStation. I think our hardware team did a great job putting something together that innovates gaming without being gimmicky. It's easy for trolls to joke around and say how useless this or that feature is, but at the end of the day, all the features that were shown appeal to me as a core gamer. Remote play, removal of load times, automatic downloads (as creepy as auto-downloading games based on my tastes sounds, it really would be sweet to come home from work and start up a game without having to wait for it to download or go to the store [and no, you won't be forced into purchasing anything you don't actually want -__-]), impressive specs, etc.

All in all, I think most of us can agree that this is PlayStation's best announcement since the PS2.

All in all, I think most of us can agree that this is PlayStation's best announcement since the PS2.
Alright, all jokes aside I really don't agree with this. The PS4 announcement was incredibly lackluster with a lot of shit that really didn't have to do with games. The controller is pretty awful too with a tacked on touchpad and a fucking share button right on the controller.

There's no real doubt in my mind that the PS4 will end up as a good system in the end. The PS3 had an insanely rough start, but ended up as fantastic console when it finally got games. The PS4 just looks like a suped up PS3, but without backwards compatibility. Once it gets games it'll be a solid system, but as of right now there doesn't really seem to be a single reason to own one.

Oh, in that case...

:)

I will say, though: I'm honestly excited for the PS4, both as a gamer and as an employee at PlayStation. I think our hardware team did a great job putting something together that innovates gaming without being gimmicky. It's easy for trolls to joke around and say how useless this or that feature is, but at the end of the day, all the features that were shown appeal to me as a core gamer. Remote play, removal of load times, automatic downloads (as creepy as auto-downloading games based on my tastes sounds, it really would be sweet to come home from work and start up a game without having to wait for it to download or go to the store [and no, you won't be forced into purchasing anything you don't actually want -__-]), impressive specs, etc.

woah woah woah, did you just say "removal of load times"? is that actually true? why wasnt it highlighted during the presentation (unless i missed it)?

woah woah woah, did you just say "removal of load times"? is that actually true? why wasnt it highlighted during the presentation (unless i missed it)?
With that much DDR5 ram, the bottleneck shouldn't be as as tiny as it is currently.

i doubt gaming is ever going to get to the point of 'absolutely no load times ever' but it only gets better from here

They talked about loading things in the background while you play. Also yeah, the RAM as well.

I wish I could care about the WiiU as much as you... I don't think I even care about my Xbox that much .-.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)