#playstation2013

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

Yeah, I'll get one of those WiiUs that's already out and will have some games I want to play on it.

Isn't The Last of Us only a PS3 game?

The PS4 won't be able to play PS3 games.

But I was really amazed by the advances... In the controller. Apparently you can stream to ustream (twitch wouldve been better for gaming but..) And let your friends play for you if you get stuck.

Can't wait to see Microsoft smash all the next gens with their virtual reality console lolol

No pricing or even the console's look? Seriously? Overall, i'm disappointed with the event. Only Watch Dogs had any wow factor and easily stole the show. It got straight to the point and showed engaging game-play demo with an interesting new concept. I'm also disappointed that Activision was only there in joint with Bungie, as I was hoping for a next gen Crash title. :(

At least we got a release window; Holiday 2013.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I guess Sony is saving stuff like the console design, pricing, and bigger games like Uncharted and God of War for E3... overall though, I actually thought this conference did highlight some interesting features (I particularly like the video sharing stuff and the spectator stuff). However, I have a feeling that a majority of the stuff we saw was CGI, and that conference was honestly about an hour longer than it should have been...

Man I was sure Activision was hyping Crash. PS4 through out big names for their opening conference. It was a great first play. Its clear that they are saving up their bigger games for E3

Also I love infamous but that new character and reveal had to of been the shittest thing ive ever seen

LOL no actual pictures of the PS4. 2 hour presentation and just a controller. WHAT GIVES.
I watched the entire second half of the presentation just because I wanted to see the console.

Just rumors at the moment, but some random guy on the internet said that it's because they're going digital-only. Nips the used games issue in the bud, and they don't have to worry about adding DRM to anything; it's stuck on your console!

I wasn't really interested in anything from the second half except Watch Dogs, but that's multiconsole anyway. Disappointed in Activision/Bungie giving exclusive Destiny content for Playstation users, considering it's coming to Xbox/PC/possibly Wii U as well. Hopefully it won't be anything too interesting.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
LOL no actual pictures of the PS4. 2 hour presentation and just a controller. WHAT GIVES.
They're trying to copy what Nintendo did. If you can't tell, this has been the trend nearing a decade now.

Except they screwed up and forgot the "really cool controller" part of only showing a controller rather than a console.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sounds like a lot of fanboy gushing to me; i've played killzone on both ps2 and ps3. generic fps that has nothing going for it

fiiiiiinally some watch dogs info. i'm sad it's on ps4, but it's weird; i was literally just gushing about it about an hour before the stream https://twitter.com/azbotboopbap/status/304340480802578432
It's multiplatform. 360 / PS3 / PS4 / PC / WiiU. Destiny is also multiplatform. The Witness will be too after its exclusivity period. So I wasn't given a reason to get this day 1 though I eventually will get it.

I think I already reacted to everything on IRC so got nothing left now.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I thought it was ok, I have more questions than anything else. Getting rid of having to save sounds cool at first but how does this work for multiple files and people? The only games I thought stood out were Watch Dogs and Destiny, both PS3 titles. Knack seemed pretty neat with its Disney feel but I'd need to see more play before anything else. BS Infamous spin off. I wouldn't be surprised at all if my family ended up buying this thing but I still don't even like the idea of current gen ending.

WHAT DOES THE FUCKIN THING LOOK LIKE

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Killzone was an awful, absolutely horrendous FPS on the PS2. It was the generic FPS even before that was a big thing for a Sony console. It still shouldn't be too surprising that in a generation of mediocrity, Killzone has gone from being a franchise no one gave a shit about to having some small popularity.

BS Infamous spin off.
How else could they have made a sequel?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Damn given the bitching it seems people give more of a fuck about how a console looks than what it does. Guess this is the Apple Generation.

Killzone was an awful, absolutely horrendous FPS on the PS2. It was the generic FPS even before that was a big thing for a Sony console. It still shouldn't be too surprising that in a generation of mediocrity, Killzone has gone from being a franchise no one gave a shit about to having some small popularity.
I guess I'll just end on this.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Really, a triple A game scored between 70 and 90 on metacritic? Guess I thoroughly lost that argument.

I have to give credit, the Dualshock 4 actually looks like a reasonable compromise between the gimmicky touch/move controllers of this generation and the classic Dualshock. Being able to add functionality to an already good controller is worth doing. But given the PS3's first controller, I'll have to hold it in my hand and play with it before making any final judgement.

Harsh, lots of haters over here.

I actually don't get all the hype over Watch Dogs. I'll play it, but I'm not as excited for it as everybody else seems to be.

As far as features go, I'm really stoked on remote play. Like, really, REALLY, stoked. The seamless ability to pick up and play due to background simultaneous loading is really cool too. While I probably won't be uploading my own videos, I fucking love watching FGC streams, so hopefully that will make it even more accessible to everybody.

As far as games go, I'm most looking forward to Knack. I think we're going to see some really cool things from that new IP.

I was also very "meh" about Diablo III, but hopefully that will open the door for even more Blizzard titles in the future.

Final Fantasy ???... lol. That was a lot of build-up for no real new info.

I actually was really digging the Media Molecule demo and Quantic Dream's tech demo was amazing.

Overall I agree that it was way longer than it could have been. I felt like it was talking more to developers than consumers, frankly. Still, I'm really excited for what's to come. Also, I don't get why people need to see the console so badly. The capabilities should be all that matters. Besides, we need something to show at E3, don't we? :)

this social connectivity crap is total bullshit. just a way for free advertising. i really dont give a fuck about announcing the games i played, beat and achievements/trophies to my facebook friends, or having some stupid profile; but obviously this is great for publishers, giving a game free word of mouth.

i find games to be really fun but jesus i like to step outside, how bout focus on sweet games instead of farting out more sequels of boring, forgettable games (killzone, infamous) instead of focusing on features which are just useless time sinks, like sharing pictures and videos of my playthroughs, or the most ridiculous one which is letting my friend play the fucking game for me

modern gaming is starting to really suck, whatever im probably getting too old for it anyway. i think i might honestly be done with gaming very soon; this is probably for the best.

oh yeah and squareenix presentation was the most shameful embarassment, no mention of versus, showing that stupid video that was already shown, and having awkward japanese men speakign awful engrish, ensuring me i wil riike the future of final fantasy

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Excuses excuses. Quickest way to validate my point.
Your point was fallacious to begin with. Look, I really don't have much to say about the sequels to Killzone 1 but you aren't going to sway me by appealing to popularity or authority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)