ORAS Ubers Pick a God and Pray! (A Deoxys Attack Team)

(Click the image to go to the team's song)

Introduction
I really, really like Deoxys-Attack in Ubers, there are not a lot of Pokémon that can switch in safely against it, but I haven't found a lot of teams that uses it.

I actually don't build teams in Ubers, like... at all, despite of being my favourite tier to play, and I ussualy ladder with sample teams, or fun teams that I find online, so this would be my first time actually building a team in Ubers.

Teambuilding Process

I start building my team with Deoxys Attack, of course.

Whenever I play Deoxys Attack, the most annoying Pokémon to fight are Mega Kangaskhan, EKiller, GeoXern and Yveltal, since they can handle Deoxys.
After trying some checks combinations, like MegaMence, Giratina-O, Yveltal, Lucario, and some other mons, I found Arceus-Ghost, Mega Scizor and ScarfXern the more fitting.

So far with my team can't really handle Fire types really well, so Primal Kyogre seemed to be a good idea.

I know that Primal Groudon is ussualy the better option over Groudon most of the time, but I needed a Stealth Rocker that also could check Primal Groudon.

After the suggestions from Level 56 I have replaced Scizor with Klefki, Xerneas with Mega Salamence, and changed the sets of Arceus, Kyogre and Groudon.

The Team

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Deoxys Attack should really be used more often, it can 2HKO a big chunck, if not most of the metagame.
The set is pretty standard, but with 4 more EVs in speed to speed creep other Deoxys Attack.
Psycho Boost is obligatory STAB that hits like a truck, Superpower and Ice Beam is for coverage, and Extreme Speed is to pick up weakened Pokémon that can outspeed Deoxys.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Arceus Ghost is amazing. It can beat 1v1 most EKiller sets, and deals completely with Mega Kangaskhan, it also can deal with opposing Mega Lucario, Mega Scizor and . The set is the standard, allowing it to tie with other Arceus Forms, and survives a Jolly Life Orb +2 Shadow Claw from EKiller.
Judgment is STAB, Recover for longevity and WoW cripples stuff. Defog helps me agianst hazard spam and Sticky Web, as well as helps keeping Salamence healthy. If you don't care about hazards, you can use Focus Blast over Defog, this allows you to 2HKO Refresh EKiller after rocks or burn damage.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Klefki can check Xerneas without HP Fire/Ground, Latios and Latias. Access to Prankster Thunder Wave helps handling Pokémon that are faster than Deoxys Attack. Toxic wears down Pokémon like PGroudon, PKyogre, Lugia, Ho-Oh and other bulky Pokémon that can take a hit from Deoxys a kill with any move. The EVs spread gives Klefki max special bulk while taking less damage from hazards, and the 8 EVs in Attack gives Klefki an slightly better Play Rough

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Frustration
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh

Mega Salamence is truly amazing. Refresh + Roost alows him to be a decent status absorber, helping against Ho-Oh, WoW Arceus, and PGroudon. Min Happiness gives Salamence max damage while making opposing Ditto with max Happiness hit for less. The EVs spread allows Mence to outspeed base 90 Pokémon, while giving him max bulk + minimun Stealth Rock damage.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Kyogre checks Pokémon like Ho-Oh, as well as it can bait opposing Primal Groudon to get them weakened so someone else in the team has an easier time cheking it. Sleep Talk allows me to soft check Darkrai as well.
12 EVs in Speed allows Kyogre to outspeed Diancie befor it mega evolves and OHKO it

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Primal Groudon is my Stealth Rock user, and helps me switching against Primal Kyogre, as well it gives me a check to Xerneas.

The set is the standard one, with Roar over Thunder Wave to deal with stuff like CM Lugia, which can destroy me unless I get a critical hit.
Groudon-primal will always survive a boosted Focus Blast from Geomancy Xerneas after Stealth Rock damage and two layers of Spikes. It also avoids the 2HKO from Primal Kyogre's Ice Beam, Zekrom's Outrage, and Jolly Mega Salamence's Double-Edge after Stealth Rock damage.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Happiness: 0
Impish Nature
- Frustration
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Conclusion
So, yeah, that was my first Ubers team, it is pretty fun to play with. It has some issues, so any suggestion to fix them is appreciated Ü

Last edited:
I'm not the most professional rater out there (so feel free to ignore my opinion if you wish), but did you ever consider running Gira-O over Arceus-Ghost? While it does lack the recovery of Arceus (and the ability to 2HKO that Arceus-Ghost has), it does take hits a bit better, while still being able to run Will-O-Wisp if you so wish. This would also give you a defogger and a PDon check, which would let you be able to run Support Primal Groudon > Regular Groudon (which would help against POgre a bit more). Plus, if you're scared of Ho-Oh doing better vs. PDon as opposed to Regular Groudon, a SE from PDon does flat out oneshot Ho-Oh, plus rocks are indeed the best check to Ho-Oh. Plus, Darks/Fast Dragons/Fairies are covered by Xerneas and Scizor well enough for the weakness to not be too noticable. This would however make the 1v1 against EKiller (especially refresh) a bit harder, so take your pick.

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
Hi n_n this is a pretty nice team considering it was your first time building an ubers team. Life Orb Deoxys-A is a really threatening and a cool mon, so it's good to see a team with it. I can suggest you some changes that will make the team much more solid.

First of all, after looking at the threatlist you provided, it seems the team struggles against sticky web. In order to fix this, I suggest you to use Defog instead of Focus Blast on Arceus-ghost. Defog will make sure your team doesn't struggle against sticky web/hazards. I understand why you are using Focus Blast, but I think Defog fits better since Arceus with Refresh is very rare.

The reason why you're using Scizor-mega is to have a good answer to Xerneas and lati@s. Scizor-mega gives free set up to most threats, Salamence-mega etc, which looks really problematic for the team. So i suggest you to use Klefki instead of Scizor-mega. Klefki is not only a nice answer to Xerneas and lati@s, but it can also pressure top threats thanks to Prankster + Thunder Wave and Toxic. It also has access to Spikes which is really cool to pressure bulky teams.
Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Looking at the team, the biggest threat to the team is Ho-oh, thanks to it's solid ability and sheer power. I understand you need Xerneas to deal with deal with stuff like Darkrai, but scarf Xerneas makes Ho-oh even more problematic. So i suggest you to use Salamence-mega instead of Xerneas. Salamence-mega is a terrific mon, that gives you a much better time dealing with physical threats such as Arceus-ground, Groudon-primal, Ho-oh, Arceus-normal etc. It also acts as a solid sweeper thanks to Dragon Dance. Refresh helps against Ho-oh's Sacred fire and Groudon-primal's Lava Plume/Thunder Wave.
Salamence @ Salamencite
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Refresh

The above EVs and an Impish nature give Salamence as much bulk as possible while outspeeding the base 90 Speed tier

Next up is Kyogre-primal. You're using an offensive set which is really good against most teams as most teams only have Groudon-primal for it. I suggest you to use a defensive set instead of an offensive set. Reason for this change is that, with a defensive set, Kyogre-primal pressures bulky teams a lot thanks to Rest + Sleep Talk which really helps this team. It can soft check stuff like Salamence-mega, Groudon-primal, Arceus-ground, Ho-oh etc if the situation calls for it. Also with Kyogre-primal + Klefki, Darkrai will be easy to handle.
Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

12 Speed EVs allow Kyogre-primal to outspeed Diancie on the turn it Mega Evolves, KOing it with Scald before it can retaliate with Diamond Storm. The leftover EVs go into HP and Defense to maximize Kyogre's physical bulk.

Lastly, regular Groudon can check Groudon-primal as you mentioned, but it doesn't do anything important outside of that. Where as, Groudon-primal helps any team in a lot of ways. Since you have Salamence-mega to deal with other Groudon-primal, i suggest you to use Groudon Primal instead of Regular Groudon. Reason why you were facing problems dealing with Kyogre-primal before was because of Regular Groudon. That is not the case now. With Groudon-primal + Kyogre-primal, you can easily pressure other Kyogre-primal. Lava Plume is really good as it has a nice chance to burn and makes sure Groudon-primal doesn't struggle against stuff like Skarmory, Sableye-mega etc. Thunder Wave helps against bulky stuff such as Arceus-water, Arceus-dragon, lati@s etc that otherwise, give Groudon-primal a hard time.
Groudon @ Red Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Thunder Wave

The EVs and nature are specifically tailored for Groudon-primal to survive certain attacks. Most importantly, Groudon-primal will always survive a boosted Focus Blast from Geomancy Xerneas after Stealth Rock damage and two layers of Spikes. It also avoids the 2HKO from Priamal Kyogre's Ice Beam, Zekrom's Outrage, and Jolly Mega Salamence's Double-Edge after Stealth Rock damage.

The team will deal with most threats with ease now and will be solid against every playstyle. Good luck n_n

I'm not the most professional rater out there (so feel free to ignore my opinion if you wish), but did you ever consider running Gira-O over Arceus-Ghost? While it does lack the recovery of Arceus (and the ability to 2HKO that Arceus-Ghost has), it does take hits a bit better, while still being able to run Will-O-Wisp if you so wish. This would also give you a defogger and a PDon check, which would let you be able to run Support Primal Groudon > Regular Groudon (which would help against POgre a bit more). Plus, if you're scared of Ho-Oh doing better vs. PDon as opposed to Regular Groudon, a SE from PDon does flat out oneshot Ho-Oh, plus rocks are indeed the best check to Ho-Oh. Plus, Darks/Fast Dragons/Fairies are covered by Xerneas and Scizor well enough for the weakness to not be too noticable. This would however make the 1v1 against EKiller (especially refresh) a bit harder, so take your pick.
I actually used Gira-O in an earlier version of the team, but I ended up switching it for Arceus-Ghost to handle Refresh Arceus better, which is a problem for the team, but honestly... I forgot that it can check Primal Groudon, which is a problem too :P
I might try Gira-O again, by changing some stuff around.
Thanks for the rate

Hi n_n this is a pretty nice team considering it was your first time building an ubers team. Life Orb Deoxys-A is a really threatening and a cool mon, so it's good to see a team with it. I can suggest you some changes that will make the team much more solid.

First of all, after looking at the threatlist you provided, it seems the team struggles against sticky web. In order to fix this, I suggest you to use Defog instead of Focus Blast on Arceus-ghost. Defog will make sure your team doesn't struggle against sticky web/hazards. I understand why you are using Focus Blast, but I think Defog fits better since Arceus with Refresh is very rare.

The reason why you're using Scizor-mega is to have a good answer to Xerneas and lati@s. Scizor-mega gives free set up to most threats, Salamence-mega etc, which looks really problematic for the team. So i suggest you to use Klefki instead of Scizor-mega. Klefki is not only a nice answer to Xerneas and lati@s, but it can also pressure top threats thanks to Prankster + Thunder Wave and Toxic. It also has access to Spikes which is really cool to pressure bulky teams.
Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Looking at the team, the biggest threat to the team is Ho-oh, thanks to it's solid ability and sheer power. I understand you need Xerneas to deal with deal with stuff like Darkrai, but scarf Xerneas makes Ho-oh even more problematic. So i suggest you to use Salamence-mega instead of Xerneas. Salamence-mega is a terrific mon, that gives you a much better time dealing with physical threats such as Arceus-ground, Groudon-primal, Ho-oh, Arceus-normal etc. It also acts as a solid sweeper thanks to Dragon Dance. Refresh helps against Ho-oh's Sacred fire and Groudon-primal's Lava Plume/Thunder Wave.
Salamence @ Salamencite
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Refresh

The above EVs and an Impish nature give Salamence as much bulk as possible while outspeeding the base 90 Speed tier

Next up is Kyogre-primal. You're using an offensive set which is really good against most teams as most teams only have Groudon-primal for it. I suggest you to use a defensive set instead of an offensive set. Reason for this change is that, with a defensive set, Kyogre-primal pressures bulky teams a lot thanks to Rest + Sleep Talk which really helps this team. It can soft check stuff like Salamence-mega, Groudon-primal, Arceus-ground, Ho-oh etc if the situation calls for it. Also with Kyogre-primal + Klefki, Darkrai will be easy to handle.
Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

12 Speed EVs allow Kyogre-primal to outspeed Diancie on the turn it Mega Evolves, KOing it with Scald before it can retaliate with Diamond Storm. The leftover EVs go into HP and Defense to maximize Kyogre's physical bulk.

Lastly, regular Groudon can check Groudon-primal as you mentioned, but it doesn't do anything important outside of that. Where as, Groudon-primal helps any team in a lot of ways. Since you have Salamence-mega to deal with other Groudon-primal, i suggest you to use Groudon Primal instead of Regular Groudon. Reason why you were facing problems dealing with Kyogre-primal before was because of Regular Groudon. That is not the case now. With Groudon-primal + Kyogre-primal, you can easily pressure other Kyogre-primal. Lava Plume is really good as it has a nice chance to burn and makes sure Groudon-primal doesn't struggle against stuff like Skarmory, Sableye-mega etc. Thunder Wave helps against bulky stuff such as Arceus-water, Arceus-dragon, lati@s etc that otherwise, give Groudon-primal a hard time.
Groudon @ Red Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Thunder Wave

The EVs and nature are specifically tailored for Groudon-primal to survive certain attacks. Most importantly, Groudon-primal will always survive a boosted Focus Blast from Geomancy Xerneas after Stealth Rock damage and two layers of Spikes. It also avoids the 2HKO from Priamal Kyogre's Ice Beam, Zekrom's Outrage, and Jolly Mega Salamence's Double-Edge after Stealth Rock damage.

The team will deal with most threats with ease now and will be solid against every playstyle. Good luck n_n
Thanks for the rate, I'm definetly trying thes changes.
I can see Focus Blast being replaced by Defog now that I have both Salamence and Prima Groudon to check Arceus.
Why didn't I thought of defensive Primal Kyogre before? It is perfect!!

Well, thanks for the rates everyone, I'm definetly trying out these changes, and updating the chnages later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)