Pet Peeves & Other things that bother the crap out of you

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Sometimes we just like to watch the world burn as we bring up things to other people they've never noticed before. Case in point, have a look at this Roman numerals clock face.

1638804644711.png

Source: https://monochrome-watches.com/why-do-clocks-and-watches-use-roman-numeral-iiii-instead-of-iv/

Notice anything a bit... off about this picture? You may have caught a hint in the link I provided for it. Roman numerals are supposed to appear and operate in a specific pattern where numbers such as 4, 9, et cetera use an "I" symbol before the symbol of the next letter. For example, the number four should be listed as "IV", because 5 is represented as "V".

So why, in the name of all that is holy, do I constantly see clocks like this that use four "I"s instead of the correct symbols!?

This shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but it gets worse when you consider that the number nine is written correctly every single time, as the symbols "IX". If they can do that correctly every single time, there is absolutely no reason these things shouldn't be using "IV" as the four symbols, and a lot of clocks do it correctly, which only makes this even more confusing. I hope you've enjoyed my TED talk about why I have to take a second look every time I pass by a Roman numerals clock face anymore.

So that's enough about me. I can't help but wonder now. What kinds of stuff gets you guys annoyed like this? Alas, I decided to make this thread so we can all suffer in agony together. Pointing out stupid stuff like this only makes the world a funnier place in my opinion. So give it your best shot, and let's see what we can come up with.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
shadowpea

edit: i have grown a lot as a person and know better than to deride someone because of misspellings or grammatical errors, as half the time it's likely someone lacks an education that might otherwise mitigate the occurrence of such errors!!! also, people speak in different ways, especially on the internet, so many times self expression might be misconstrued as lack of intelligence or know-how, which is also poor form

a post like the one above drives me nuts, however :puff:

Last edited:

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
i know how to do it i just never put effort into making it right lol irl or otherwise. outside of ela if they know what im talking about then cool idrc :)

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
The capstan in Sea of Thieves is off center.
View attachment 390483
I could have gone my whole life without seeing that lol

I really hate whenever I have a nostril blocked up. I've been sick for the past 3 weeks (walking Pneumonia), and besides the coughing I also have congestion. The feeling of one nostril being clear as hell and the other not doing anything is super annoying. I'd rather have both blocked up
I feel this on a spiritual level. I've been known to be rather nervous about certain things others view as common manners, i.e. blowing my nose with tissues. Something about it's always felt a little off to me. I hope you've felt at least a little better since making this post :)

grammer

not peepel gettin it rong

but peepel teling me that me gott it rong
Sorry, buddy, I can't seem to understand your post. Hehe ;)

General pet peeves:
- I really hate it when people make comments about you to whoever they’re with while you walk by. It’s so rude and yet it happens all the time.

- People who speed in obnoxiously loud cars during the middle of the night. I get that loud engines are really appealing to some people, but driving them while others are trying to sleep is so inconsiderate.

- Heat waves for several days in a row. They’re more common now due to global warming and I hate it.

- When there’s a smudge on your glasses and it won’t come off.

Now for some Pokémon pet peeves:

- When a Pokémon you love has a terrible or mediocre shiny (in my case Cosmog and Macargo)

- When you’re confident with a strategy in a competitive battle, but the other player predicts it and punishes you.

- When you get frozen in Gen 1.

- When a Pokémon you like has no niche in competitive battles, even in the lower tiers.

- When the opponent critical hits during a nuzlocke.

Wearing my earbuds in at work for 8 hours really gives me a headache some days. I hate the trash music taste my coworkers have but this is life. At least I have the option of podcasts and stuff but i'm sure I'll pay for this with a monster ear infection one day

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
Wearing my earbuds in at work for 8 hours really gives me a headache some days. I hate the trash music taste my coworkers have but this is life. At least I have the option of podcasts and stuff but i'm sure I'll pay for this with a monster ear infection one day
Are you sure your ear infections aren’t coming from the garbage music itself? I’d want my ears to be infected too if I had to put up with this Shinx.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)