Tournament Pet Mods Premier League II - [GRAND FINALS won by Dave’s Dachsbuns]

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
IMG_9842.png

(Art by Albatross, co-hosted alongside DuoM2 & Rezzo)

Commencement | Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Semifinals |SF Tiebreak | FINALS!!
Tournament Rules

:dachsbun: Dave’s Dachsbuns (6) vs (0) Close Combat Comrades :urshifu:

Megas for All OU: dex vs Paulluxx
Hoenn Gaiden OU: SuperEpicAmpharos vs Jimothy Cool
Fusion Evolution SV: Z Strats vs Mossy Sandwich
More Balanced Hackmons: Micciu vs Quantum Tesseract
Alternatium EX: Monai vs Ainzcrad
Burgundy: TPP vs Deezcastforms
Joltemons: Xrn vs hidin
Crystal Sevii Islands: Spellcaster vs BeeOrSomething

Megas for All OU: dex vs Paulluxx
Hoenn Gaiden OU: SuperEpicAmpharos vs Jimothy Cool
Fusion Evolution SV: Z Strats vs Mossy Sandwich
More Balanced Hackmons: Micciu vs Quantum Tesseract
Alternatium EX: Monai vs Ainzcrad
Burgundy: TPP vs Deezcastforms
Joltemons: Xrn vs hidin
Crystal Sevii Islands: Spellcaster vs BeeOrSomething

Matches are best of 1, EXCEPT BURGUNDY which is best of 3. The deadline is Sunday July 9th, at 11:59 PM GMT-4.

DOWNLOAD
YOUR REPLAYS AND SEND THEM ON DISCORD TO https://discord.com/channels/510822010918666330/1108574104971390986

If you can't access the link, you probably need to join the Pet Mods Discord first:

https://discord.gg/ShcXy26aH7

Last edited:

BeeOrSomething

Daylight Savings Time sucks
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
GOOOOO SHIFUS WOO

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣿⣿⣷⡄⢀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣀⠙⠻⠿⠋⣰⣿⣷⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣤⣌⡙⠻⡿⢃⣾⣦⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⡿⢿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠘⣠⣾⣿⣿⠟⢁⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⣄⡈⠡⣄⠀⢼⣿⣿⡿⠋⣰⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢹⣿⣦⣉⠛⢁⣾⣿⣿⡟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢻⣿⣿⣷⣄⠙⠿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠚⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Last edited:
Since the Tropius are out of the finals, I thought now would be a good time to talk a bit about my experiences there.

First of all, I'd like to thank Gekokeso in particular for being an awesome manager able to handle all the stress and workload by himself and for being very patient and encouraging. I don't know why but I appreciate your trust in me and that you always tried to motivate me when I had to go through some very rough weeks! While not being affiliated with any team, Exploziff was a great help in weeks where I basically had no one to test some experimental teams with me in M4A. A propos testing, I'd like to thank Bobsican for helping me where he could despite not being familiar with M4A, to my knowledge. While I'm at it, I'm quite impressed by your work ethics and preparation!
As for the rest of the team, I don't have much to say because, generally speaking, I don't know you guys very well but I appreciate all the contributions you've made so far! Sabelette stands out in particular for being a great presence on the team, always cheering us up and believing in us!

With regard to M4A, it was certainly interesting to see what people, outside of this community, would come up with and how they would approach the metagame. The same is also true for how M4A players would tackle the builder, taking into account the other side. While there are similarities between NatDex and M4A, there are some significant additions, changes, and preferences to pay attention to on the builder. I'll be very much looking forward to the final match in M4A!

I believe it is custom or, at least, preferred to talk about your own teams. I won't go too much into details in some cases for privacy reasons. x)
Week 1: https://pokepast.es/819a1798f6311ada
- I had a feeling my opponent (lasen) would resort to a standard NatDex team. Since I was very busy during that week, I decided I would just load one of my older teams that could pressure stuff like M Latias and M Swampert very well. An offensive Double Dark core, like M Thievul + Tyranitar, is generally difficult to handle for more Balance oriented teams since the two of them exerts tremendous offensive pressure. M Thievul messes up with Pokémon that like to switch into Tyranitar, such as Buzzwole, Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Hippowdown, among others, due to their physical bias. Moreover, due to Sucker Punch, which becomes special thanks to its ability, M Thievul can also cleave through weakened offensive teams very well as most fast, offensive Pokémon tend to have higher physical Def than special Def. There's also the fact that stuff like Intimidate, Rocky Helmet, and Burn won't work on M Thievul at all due to its ability to turn its own contact moves into special moves that are unaffected by contact punishing strategies. As for Tyranitar, it hits Pokémon on the weaker side of Def to cover for M Thievul. Besides, it's a trapper that handles M Magmortar, which would otherwise wall M Thievul due to Neutralising Gas. As Tyranitar and M Thievul are good at pressuring Flying Pokémon, I had to include Kartana to take advantage of that.

Week 2: https://pokepast.es/6ae0c4a153aa61b1
- Gekokeso believed crying would most likely bring Rain into the match, which is why I decided to rely on good, old M Noivern which pressures weather teams that don't respect it enough in the builder. But also, M Noivern is a very solid Pokémon in general thanks to its speed and ability, giving it a lot of flexibility on a team. I wanted to use it on Sand to make it even more difficult for opposing weather teams to maintain their weather (unless they relied on Sand as well). Moreover, M Noivern naturally synergizes with Sand's structure due to the utility it provides, such as its resistance profile, Trace (to pressure opposing weather teams), and its stallbreaking ability, among other qualities. With chip damage support in the form of Sand, Rocky Helmet, and hazards, M Noivern becomes even more potent, especially in the lategame where the opponent's only hope is a Choice Scarf Pokémon able to pressure it.

Week 3: https://pokepast.es/1f0e09f79724081b
- Note to myself: I should take the time to get used to the team if I actually had time in that week. There were some crucial hax moments that honestly sucked; I would have loved to see how the match would have turned out if they didn't happen. Still, it's Pokémon at the end of the day; I respect dex's piloting abilities in this match and the fact that they are like one of the very few (if not only) non M4A players that actually try to build with custom Mega Pokémon from time to time.

Week 4: https://pokepast.es/be5b34d45c5bb6a0
- I noticed my opponent (Bolivia) relied on Volcarona quite a lot, which is why I wanted to be on the safer side and run M Dhelmise. After all, thanks to its Steel/Ghost typing, good bulk, and Primordial Sea ability, it could handle it pretty well. I could have run stuff like Toxapex or Urshifu-R instead but I had a feeling, with sticky as Bolivia's manager, the two of them would make sure to well take care of these checks. So, it had to be M Dhelmise. Moreover, it's the kind of Pokémon that can usually only be checked offensively. So, most defensive structures will struggle against it. Initially, I wanted to support M Dhelmise with Clefable as it could provide Wish and Aromatherapy but it seemed unreliable. So, I decided to rely on Grassy Terrain for the extra mini healing and the fact that Ground Pokémon could no longer attempt to wear down M Dhelmise siginificantly. Moreover, with Grassy Glide, which is rarely run on and experimented with with M Dhelmise, I could mess up fast offensive threats (like Greninja, Weavile or M Lopunny), especially if they already had some chip damage. A shame Tapu Bulu stole the spotlight as I would have loved to see if Grassy Glide could be an actual set on M Dhelmise.

Week 5: https://pokepast.es/992979288c6dce65
- no comment. All has been discussed privately.

Week 6: https://pokepast.es/2df720ac9c6d76d0
- no comment aside from the fact I wanted to use some of my favs so badly (especially if week 6 were to be Tropius's last week), such as Weavile. It was a Pokémon I hadn't used for a very, very long while. I was sure Paul would prep for it. Still, I wanted to run Weavile to see if it could still thrive in the match. There was also the chance that, because I hadn't run it on any team in this tour before, I might get away with its inclusion. Moreover, to me, it wouldn't feel like a true match between us, as friends, if I didn't run Weavile.

Oh, before I forget: Since I'm no longer bound to any team
⣠⣿⣿⣷⡄⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

GOOOO, SHIFUS!
Ahem, I love you guys and wish you all the best! Good luck x)

Last edited:
won in our bo3 ggs dude
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8alternatiumex-17
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen8alternatiumex-20

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣿⣿⣷⡄⢀⠀

SHIFU STRIKE

shoutouts sea for being one of the like 2 people down to help

Last edited:

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
who the hell freed mluc
1688772348278.png

ggs to xrn, that cress and shifu sequence late game couldve been improved but lategame if i twaved mluc but it didnt matter cause koko would maybe kill cress and likely eat a strike from shifu. wacky ass tier, went 3-2 but every replay i just saw some bizarre shit, but it was fun lol. byut yea lets just pull it out shifus, mascot may have lost but we can still pull it out!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣿⣿⣷⡄⢀⠀

spell

It’s a femininomenon
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
1688780267944.png

The Dachsbuns have won, gg all.

Normally I would not post anything special for these random side tournaments that I sign up for but I wanted to take a moment to say this: Mana I did not know you before this tournament, but now after having experienced your presence in the team chat I never want to be in a tournament without you. You had no real incentive to grind all of these playground formats but you did it anyway, and that is something I appreciate a lot. We would not have won this tournament without you. Easily the MVP of our season.

Z Strats
1688780515093.png

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Won in 2 to lock me as the best burgundy player on the planet, ggs

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen1burgundyversion-58
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen1burgundyversion-59

Ended up having a lot of fun this tour and went undefeated when I was awake. Shoutout to my teammates and managers for the daily reminders I slept through week 1 to the point where I wake up at 6 AM everyday now. It was worth it in the end and proud to have this tour be the Dave's first victory.

SEA

show me what to be
is a Pre-Contributor
NUPL Champion
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen3hoenngaiden-60
hoenn gaiden is terrible. please somebody fix this tier. gg

Now that the season is over, I'd like to give some shoutouts to my teammates this season:
Mana Z Strats what an absolute fucking blast it was to team with you two. Maybe the most fun in a team tour I've ever had. Cooking in FE every week was SO much fun and no matter my mood I could come and hang out with you two and my day would be better. Hope I get to be in more team chats with you two, you're incredible people.

Monai thanks for letting me build with you every week broski, this tier was an absolute clusterfuck but I think we made the most of it.

TPP genuinely awesome human being, I hope we can team in more stuff :D

Stone Cold Leru thanks a ton for drafting me, this tour was incredible

all the goons in the HG discord for playing games deserve a shoutout too, even if this tier has a massive balance problem, y'all are passionate about it and that's dope.

BeeOrSomething

Daylight Savings Time sucks
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Disappointing end to the tournament getting 0-6'd on the series. Even though I didn't play last year it still sucks for the Shifus to lose in finals two years in a row, but it is what it is.

I didn't really have too much fun actually playing my tier given a bunch of different factors (mainly the 5 losses), but the tournament as a whole was a very enjoyable ride, highlight definitely being winning in semifinals tiebreaks.

Shoutouts to Ainzcrad for being a big help with building teams and playing some test games

Shoutouts to Paulluxx for helping a lot with my teams too and hosting

Shoutouts to Rezzo for also being good assistance despite being so busy as well as hosting

Shoutouts to Gekokeso for hopping in the cord after losing semis and giving me a chance to test out my finals team

Shoutouts to Quantum Tesseract for being the MVP and a consistently hard carry, always seeming to be the last one playing and grabbing us the win or pulling us away from a loss

Shoutouts to SuperEpicAmpharos Shitrock enjoyer Monai and RealJester for being friends who were along for the ride throughout PMPL despite being on opposing teams

And of course,
Shoutouts to every single fellow Shifu of mine. This wouldn't have been so fun without all of you.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣿⣿⣷⡄⢀⠀

I'm not sure if I'll come back next year for more, but if the Shifus return I'll definitely give it a strong consideration.

Have a nice day everyone. And GGs to the Daves, you kicked ass.

feet are not that good y'all are weird posting plant feet pics and barking god damn

SHOUTOUT TO MANA!

Hey, Pokemon Trainers! It's time to give a massive shoutout to the incredible Mana for his outstanding performance in the world of Pokemon!

Mana, you have truly shown us what it means to be a Pokemon Master. Your dedication, skills, and unwavering passion for the game have captured the hearts of trainers worldwide. You've proven time and again that you're a force to be reckoned with, and we can't help but cheer you on every step of the way!

From your strategic battles to your impressive team composition, you've showcased an incredible understanding of the Pokemon metagame. Your ability to adapt, think on your feet, and make split-second decisions has left us in awe. We can't get enough of your epic battles that keep us on the edge of our seats!

But it's not just your skills that make you stand out, Mana. Your positive attitude, sportsmanship, and genuine love for the Pokemon community are truly commendable. You're always there to offer advice, support, and encouragement to fellow trainers, inspiring them to become better themselves. You embody the true spirit of what it means to be a Pokemon Trainer.

Let's not forget your contributions to the competitive scene. Your participation in tournaments, your insightful analyses, and your commitment to sharing your knowledge have helped countless trainers improve their gameplay. You've become a beacon of inspiration for aspiring trainers around the world, showing them that with hard work and dedication, they can achieve greatness.

Mana, your impact on the Pokemon community is immeasurable. You've become a role model for trainers of all ages, encouraging them to pursue their dreams and reach new heights. Your achievements in the Pokemon world are a testament to your talent and commitment, and we can't wait to see what incredible feats you'll accomplish next!

So, let's all raise our Poke Balls and give a thunderous round of applause to Mana for his exceptional job in Pokemon! Keep shining brightly and continue to inspire us all with your Pokemon journey. You're a true legend in the making, and we're honored to be a part of your adventure!

#ManaMasterTrainer #PokemonChampion #InspirationUnleashed
329D9695-DE4A-4D25-93BA-DF70161E01F1.jpeg
BC1247CC-8F71-44F2-BFE4-03BBDF8BB42A.jpeg

FCE2EE3E-CE09-4BB9-96D6-78045C672867.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)