Perfecting drizzle (PO #26)

Hi i'm Ceit4n on Pokemon Online. This is a drizzle team i made yesterday. Its really quite good but not perfect so i'm looking for sugguestions

Frog Poison (Politoed)@ Leftovers
Drizzle
Relaxed
252hp/252def/4spAtk ; 0 Speed IVs
-Boiling Water
-Perish Song
-Protect
-Encore
Recognise it? This is to me the most overpowered OU pokemon.
Minimum speed to trump other weather enablers other than hippowdon
Perish song to destroy the 2nd most overpowered ou, Inconsistent smeargle, and to give me an out for bulky pokemon that manage to set up
Encore for bitches trying to set up
Protect stalls for burn damage (if any) and perish song turns, and generally just helps prediction

Britney (Gochiruzeru) @ Leftovers
Shadow Tag
Calm
252hp/252spDef/4Def
-Psycho Shock
-Tickle
-Reflect
-Rest
This is the answer to pokemon that stall rain sweepers. Namely:
Blissey, Chansey, Burugeru, Vaporeon, Quagsire, Gastrodon, Nattatorei
Generally though it just eliminates weak physical pokemon or spAttackers without a boosting or super-effective move

It should be noted that perish song plus a bulky (bulkier than shandera anyway) shadow tag pokemon is just ridiculous

The only reason this set isn't Taunt/Rest/Toxic/Protect is because I want to be able to beat nattatorei. However, its really tempting.... Advice please

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Lightningrod
Modest
252hp/200def/52Spd/4spAtk
-Thunder
-HP Ice
-Roost
-Substitute
Turns out three quarters of dw pokemon can't touch subroost zapdos, and as far as I remember the only 100% counter i've encountered is tyranitar. Seriously, this zapdos is bestial. Speed is to outspeed adamant breloom and speedless opposing zapdoses

Priest (Birijion) @ Leftovers
Justice Heart
Jolly
252 Atk/252spd/4hp
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
A very hard counter to ttar (good sp def means it survives the rare ice beam or fire blast), this is also an unboosted doryuzuu check and an important grass resist. For these reasons I generally try to keep it healthy (hence leftovers); that being said, when its allowed to sweep it is in fact unexpectedly hard to stop.. something about its combination of speed, bulk, coverage and decent power

ps. i like the shiny sprite better

O (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Swift Swim
Adamant
252Atk/252Spd/4hp
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance
Not much to say, this is the most obvious kabutops set. I'd rather have physical ludicolo but that doesnt have priority.. Anyway kabutops is fine

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Swift Swim
Modest
252spAtk/252spd/4hp
-Hydro Pump
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse
-Ice Beam
What's kingdra doing in a team like this?? Hmm...

Choice specs over ddance/free attacking versions because 1. its the most viable when it isn't raining 2. ditto coming in on ddance would sweep me with outrage, pissing me off forever. Max speed to outspeed scarf jaroda

Dragon pulse is actually the most used attack because almost everyone has a water resist to switch in. Its surprisingly powerful, 2hkoing most water resisters

It may not seem so at first glance (does it?) but this team really does have disgusting synergy. On top of that, it has good bulk and a good matchup against most other team archetypes. However it does have

WEAKNESSES
1. Jaroda, especially scarf jaroda or jarodas that are conserved carefully (instead of being sacrificed to kill 1 or 2 pokemon)
2. Agility empoleon
3. Brelooms who get a swords dance, though i've yet to let a breloom sweep my beloved pokemon
4. Shedinja but honestly i'd be happy to lose to anyone who uses shedinja in gen 5
5. Hail and trick room. These are difficult (still beatable though). Hail stall in addition to toxic spikes (i dont have a spinner) murders me, as does a good trick room team. Not many of these around though
6. Other max-speed kingdra, either physical or special based

Any sugguestions would be greatly, greatly welcome and appreciated

Thank you

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you should label this as DW, b/c gothilete is not released. yes i kno i spelled this wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)