Peaked at 100..... yay...

This is an "improvement" of a UU team I made ages ago and enjoyed playing with. I switched things around and slowly rose up the ladder but seem to have plateaued around the 1200 mark and I'd like to break the 1350 barrier. There's no real teambuilding process but at the end I will put in the more important team members that were cut.

Ruby

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs : 252 124 SpD 126 Def 8 Spe
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpAtk)
(I swore I had changed these natures and EV's to full Deff ages ago but when I brought up teambuilder this is what is said. Oh well)
- Taunt
-Recover
-Will O Wisp
-Foul Play

Sableye is my go to. I love this monster. WoW/Recover stall works great especially with Foulplays here and there. Foul play is so much better than nightshade as I can hit Victinis, Chandelures, and Darmanitans easily for over half on the switch. It also allows me to 2HKO Xatus that switch in to bounce my prankster aided techniques. It is usually me lead if I don't see anything better and makes short work of walls (assuming they haven't set up). He hits Heracross for about 20-30 though the EV spread above can't live Megahorns (I'm trying full Deff currently). Makes a great flygon check, (I never see special flygons or even mixed). The only notable thing about the above spread is it can take 2 of Leftover Chandy's shadowballs and be left in the very low single digits AND lives Scarf Chandy's fireblasts at 5% so I can get off a foulplay then priority recover on what comes in next. So I may run a fully SpecDef set then. This has been on the team since day 1.

Kitty (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 212 SAtk / 40 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

I was never one for Raikou, mainly bc it never gave me trouble but one day I was dropping importables into my boxes and this guy accidentally got saved onto my team and wow. After 1 CM he's pretty bulky on the special side and speedy subs prevent status. He checks bulky waters and (w/ a sub up) destroys flygons. He's one of the newer members and I feel weird having two electric types but it works pretty well. He does have issues with certain things so he almost never shows up till the second half of the game but he does really good clean up. Not much else to say here really. It's Raikou.

Zaptwo (Zapdos) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave

Ah Zapdos, this set is interesting and works on some surprise factor. I just wish it were a little stronger or a little bulkier but it works very well. Timid for speed which helps out tons. I got this off of the zapdos thread if I recall and I like it. Rhyperiors switch into voltswitches ALL the time and it doesn't even matter because Zapdos outspeeds and OHKO's with HP water. It's also nice for hitting Chandy's and other pesky firetypes on the switch. Heat wave deals w/ Rosereades, Bronzongs, and Heracross well enough though I can't switch into Hera. I can live a Stone Edge from scarf sets at full health though I'll die to LO. I don't miss Thunderbolt too much unless I'm facing milotics. Flygon is the only thing I can't really harm if it switches into my volt switch but I have so many ways to deal w/ Flygon it doesn't really matter.

HeraBOSS (Heracross) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Heracross is one of my favorite pokemon and I needed a new revenger so he fit the bill perfectly. I was trying Krookidile but it was too fragile and, well it wasn't Heracross. Heracross works MUCH better as a scarfer. It misses out on stab pursuit but psychic types (for some reason) never switch out on Hera. I think I've used pursuit on a switch maybe twice, So I may switch it to nightslash as Chandy's can easily live a pursuit and fireblast me back. Considering Rockslide over SE for accuracy and flinch chance. Adamant nature hasn't really bothered me yet, especially with Hera's decent natural bulk.

Queendra (Kingdra) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Substitute

Great offensive and defensive typing and a great boosting move. Empoleon and Shaymins are annoying. Milotics as well but less so. My physical set up sweeper though due to better typing she almost always shows up before Raikou. Was contemplating a RestoChesto set but that only heals status once before I have to waste 3 turns and Sub blocks all status plus LeechSeed. Has power just not good SE coverage.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Toxic

The newest member of the team and the one I'm most confused about. Was previously a Deoxys D which was previously Milotic which was previously something else. Rockslide over Gyroball bc I'm tired of being walled by Sub Zapdos. Stealth rocks is very handy with all the fire types around but I just don't know what to do w/ this party member. I've had gyro ball and reflect where toxic and Rockslide are but I just can't decide on a set. That being said he has fantastic bulk and Earthquake and SR are two of the best moves in the game.

So thanks for reading and Im open to any changes that could get me another 150 points on the ladder.

Previous members of note

Crobat: It is AMAZING to have 2 taunt users on 1 team, no one expects it and the Roost Bravebird combois strong, high spd and Uturn just makes Crobat an excellent scout.

Krookodile: Previous scarfer but just didn't fit. Heracross is better (at least for this team)

Deoxys-D: I just didn't like what it was doing, or not doing to be more accurate. They don't bother my team so I don't see what the hype is all about

Milotic: Fantastic poke. Dtail w/ Scald and Recover is great but with raikou and zapdos around she wasn't a reliable wall.

Hitmontop: I liked the priority but I don't need a spinner that badly, especially w/ Roost on Zaptwo.

-Aerodactyl: Sableye - Taunt and WoW
-Ambipom: Sableye
-Arcanine: Depends on variant but Kingdra an usually do the job
-Azelf: Don't see this much but megahorn or foulplay ruins it
-Azumarill: Kingdra can set up, Sableye can WoW
-Bisharp: See Azumarill
-Chandelure: Depends on set. Zapdos can take lefties, Choice sets give me trouble but not to much. Hera can SE and Kingdra resists fire. It's easy to predict around and even foulplay does a nice chunk. Lefties variants are really easy to deal with.
-Cobalion: WoW if no sub is up, also close combat or Heatwave
-Crobat: Sableye shuts it down
-Darmanitan: Annoying little things as Uturn hurts Kingdra for a fair bit. Revenge with Hera or hit it on the switch. If I don't then something usually dies
-Durant:Haven't seen one yet but I'm sure Zapdos or Sableye could handle it before it honeclaws.
-Eelektross: Never seen it.
-Electivire: Never seen it. I imagine bronzong or Sableye could take it though.
-Escavalier: Ugh, CB sets hit hard but WoW and Heatwave destory this thing
-Flygon: LoL. Raikou (w/ Sub) Bronzong, Sableye, Kingdra if it has a DD or 2. Heracross can hit it hard as well. No worries.
-Froslass: Annoying if Sableye isn't already out, though Bronzong, Zapdos, and Hera can all hit for SE so no big problem.
-Gallade: If it bulks up behind a sub then crap. Send out zapdos, Vswitch out into Sableye and the Taunt or WoW
-Galvantula: Never seen it
-Golurk: HP water and Ice deal with him as does WoW
-Gorebyss: Taunt, Vswitch or Thunderbolt
-Heracross:This is why I wish Zapdos was bulkier, so I could switch into Megahorns and CCs better. Heatwave kills. FoulPlay does 25-35 iirc. Rockslide does 20-25. Something usually dies.
-Honchkrow: I get terrified of Suckerpunch but Heracross can outspeed and Sableye can WoW. Zapdos and Raikou have type advantage and Bronzong has rockslide.
-Houndoom:Kingdra
-Kingdra: Sableye or my kingdra/hera has to be sacraficed
-Krookodile: predict the locked in move and destroy
-Lilligant: Zapdos, Sableye, Bronzong
-Machamp: Sableye
-Mew: Sableye
-Mismagius: Raikou can deal with it. Bronzong can take some hits.
-Moltres: Never seen
-Nidoking: Scarf varaiants through me off but bw Bronzong, kingdra, and Zapdos I don't mind nidoking
-Ninjask: Taunt (though the rare CB version 1: is awesome and 2: hurts)
-Omastar: Shellsmash makes me miss mach punch but WoW and Bronzong are good checks
-Poliwrath: Stab electric and resistance to fighting and water. Not a problem
-Porygon-Z: SpD Bronzong works well, hits back w/ EQ or Toxic and can set up SR
-Raikou: Use Bronzong, or if sub isn't up then Hera
-Rhyperior: They switch into Zap and get HP water'd
-Rotom-C: Zapdos, Bronzong
-Rotom-H: If I don't predict correctly then I get hit hard.
-Sceptile: Physical variants hurt more but Bronzong deals with most if not all offensive forms. Zapdos for defensive.
-Scolipede: Quick but I can taunt to prevent hazards, WoW to prevent megahorn doing massive damage
-Scyther: SR, WoW, Taunt, Heatwave, Tbolt....
-Sharpedo: switch into sableye on protect and WoW, Special variants are a tad annoying but Bronzong and WoW can deal with it.
-Shaymin: Annoying but Zapdos can deal with it.
-Sigilyph: Sableye, Hera can revenge, Zapdos and Raikou exist.
-Smeargle: Priority taunt or sleep fodder Bronzong
-Snorlax: Sableye. This thing becomes red when paired with Gligar. The two just switch around me all day.
-Stoutland: Sableye (but Sand in general is annoying)
-Suicune: Grrr after CMs Zapdos and Raikou do pitiful SE damage and Heracross can't even 2HKO. Usually Sableye to taunt then switch to Raikou or Zapdos.
-Togekiss: To slow, I can taunt or Sub to avoid Twaves
-Venomoth: Stone Edge or Rockslide, Taunt to prevent QDs
-Victini: Ugh, Strong as hell. Foulplay for over 50% when they think I'll WoW. HP water on switch. Not uncommon for something to die.
-Weavile: Bronzong, Sableye (WoW)
-Yanmega: Zapdos and Bronzong
-Zoroark: Pesky little thing. Hera can revenge, Zapdos and Raikou can sometimes deal if they are already in.

UU Defensive Threats

-Blastoise: Dual electric stab plus I have a spinblocker/taunter
-Bronzong: Heatwave, they never expect it. Also Sableye
-Claydol: HP water Zapdos
-Clefable: Just faced one to my great annoyance, just have to keep Heracross alive
-Cresselia:
-Cryogonal: Never seen but I have Hera deal with it. Bronzong as well
-Deoxys-D:
-Drapion:
-Dusclops: Taunt or Zapdos. Also Raikou can dodge WoW W/ Sub
-Dusknoir:
-Empoleon: Taunt to avoid SR or Sub, I have stab electric but this thing is still annoying
-Ferroseed: Rarely seen but Sableye and Zapdos wreck it.
-Gligar: This thing is RED when paired w/ Snorlax. They can switch around me all day.
-Hippopotas: Taunt then switch into Zapdos
-Hitmontop:
-Milotic:
-Nidoqueen:
-Porygon2: IDK what to do, it just switches out of CCs... Bulky bulky bulky duck. Bronzong can toxic...
-Quagsire: Makes me wish I had Grass moves
-Qwilfish: Taunt +WoW, Bronzong
-Registeel:
-Roserade: Heatwave, HP Ice
-Rotom:
-Sableye: LO Zapdos doesn't mind being taunted, also there's a reason I run 8 Spe EVs
-Slowbro: Raikou, Megahorn, Zapdos, ToxicBronzong
-Spiritomb:
-Swampert: Makes me wish I had a grass type move
-Tangrowth:
-Umbreon: Heracross has dual SE stab, Sableye can taunt, Raikou can set up.
-Uxie: Taunt or Megahorn, can also set up w/ Raikou
-Whimsicott: Zapdos can Vswitch out of leechseeds and has heatwave.
-Xatu: Twave is annoying especially on Kingdra and Zapdos. Usually comes in on Sableye and FoulPlay is a 2HKO
-Zapdos:

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
What is sableye doing on your team? I mean, you are not spinblocking anything (unless you need SR on the field THAT much) so you could try a Bulky Roserade set on Zapdos' place:
Roserade@Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Hp/120 Def/136 SDef
Nature Calm
-Spikes
-Sludge Bomb
-Rest
-Giga Drain
This way, you would be able to support your sweepers by clearing the path with spikes.

I also think your team would benefit more of having a different ghost type (like Chandelure or Mismagius) to keep a higher offensive pressure on the opponent but I'm not sure of that change

GL!

What is sableye doing on your team? I mean, you are not spinblocking anything (unless you need SR on the field THAT much) so you could try a Bulky Roserade set on Zapdos' place:

This way, you would be able to support your sweepers by clearing the path with spikes.

I also think your team would benefit more of having a different ghost type (like Chandelure or Mismagius) to keep a higher offensive pressure on the opponent but I'm not sure of that change

GL!
My Sableye works as my fighting type counter, it also burns for decreased physical damage and constant damage, it has priority taunt which wrecks set uppers and walls. It also has Xatu, Vcitini, Chandelure, Heracross, and Darmanitan constantly switching in on it. All but Hera take over 50% from FoulPlay.
I'll try the Roserade set. It seems interesting and I could use a grasstype. I still get to OHKO Rhyperior and I lay more hazards. Good.

I meant using another ghost type (mainly) as losing Zapdos would make you a lot Heracross weak. Just my thoughts.
Do you have an idea which one? I was using Mismagius but while she has a fast taunt and WoW it's not priority fast, FoulPlay does more to the listed threats than Shadow ball (except to Chandy and maybe Victini) plus Recover is better recovery. I could try Sub Chandy

EDIT: tried Mismagius a NP set and a WoW Painsplit set and just no, it does way less than Sableye ever did. Still need to try Chandy but not I feel I need a spinner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)