PBR Sandstorm Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this team before but not many people comented on it. I'm planning on using this on Pokemon Battle Revolution, Battle Anyone. I'll only be able to use 3 Pokemon at a time and Item Clause will be turned on.

Changes are in Bold.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Sand Stream
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant
Stone Edge
Chrunch
Earthquake
Pursuit / Focus Punch

Tyranitar sets up the Sandstorm and deals massive damage to whatever it hits. I usually just end up switching out to Gliscor because they usually lead with a Fighting type. I'm considering replacing Pursuit with Focus Punch because I usually want to hit whatever's coming in rather than what's retreating.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash / Yache Berry
Sand Veil
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
Swords Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Fang

I didn't want to use the Brightpowder version because it gets walled by Bronzong and Skarmory and Brightpowder doesn't seem to do much. I could use magnezone to take them out, but then I'd be stuck with Tyranitar, Magnezone, and Garchomp and nothing else. Focus Sash helps it set up but I might change that to Yache Berry.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Sand Veil
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Ice Fang / Swords Dance
Roost

This is mostly to counter Fighting types that would destroy Tyranitar. Stealth Rock doesn't seem to be very effective since PBR battles are usually short. I'm also thinking about putting Hippowdon here to be a second Sandstreamer.

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
Levitate
252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD
Gyro Ball
Grass Knot
Rest
Sleep Talk

I didn't want Earthquake because I already had three other Pokemon with it. This will be my main counter to Weavile, Mamoswine, Swampert, and sleep inducers. I choose Macho Brace because Leftovers is already on Gliscor.

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Inner Focus
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest
Aura Sphere
Vacuum Wave
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse

Most people assumed I was using a physical set and predicted wrong. Vacuum Wave is really the only way I can beat Weavile without using Garchomp's Focus Sash.

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Natural Cure
252 HP / 40 Def / 216
Timid
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Recover

This was Wish Pass Jirachi on my last team to heal Tyranitar and Empoleon but I realized it was sort of dead weight. I just went with the Counter Star EV's but I might want something with more power. Edit: I made it more defensive instead.

Some problems I'm bound to run into are from Weavile. Lucario's Vacuum Wave and Garchomp's Focus Sash are really the only things I have for it.

I posted this team before but not many people comented on it. I'm planning on using this on Pokemon Battle Revolution, Battle Anyone. I'll only be able to use 3 Pokemon at a time and Item Clause will be turned on.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Sand Stream
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant
Stone Edge
Chrunch
Earthquake
Pursuit / Focus Punch

Tyranitar sets up the Sandstorm and deals massive damage to whatever it hits. I usually just end up switching out to Gliscor because they usually lead with a Fighting type. I'm considering replacing Pursuit with Focus Punch because I usually want to hit whatever's coming in rather than what's retreating.

Standard

Sand Veil
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
Swords Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Fang

I didn't want to use the Brightpowder version because it gets walled by Bronzong and Skarmory and Brightpowder doesn't seem to do much. I could use magnezone to take them out, but then I'd be stuck with Tyranitar, Magnezone, and Garchomp and nothing else. Focus Sash helps it set up but I might change that to Yache Berry.

I'd go with yache berry

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Sand Veil
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Stealth Rock / Ice Fang
Roost

This is mostly to counter Fighting types that would destroy Tyranitar. Stealth Rock doesn't seem to be very effective since PBR battles are usually short. I'm also thinking about putting Hippowdon here to be a second Sandstreamer.
Use knock off in the third slot.

Empoleon @ Shed Shell?
Torrent
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest
Surf
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Roar

I chose this over Cradily because I didn't want another Ice weak and Empoleon is better at countering bulky waters. I have no idea what the item should be because Leftovers is already on Gliscor. I was thinking of either replacing this with the Rest + Talk set or Bronzong.

This is weird, it's running a defensive set with modest nature and no recovery move, almost useless with no wish. I suggest cradily as he does the same job with higher defense and recover. I would suggest using the agility petaya torrent sweeper and it would be ur special sweeper.

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Inner Focus
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest
Aura Sphere
Vacuum Wave
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse

Most people assumed I was using a physical set and predicted wrong. Vacuum Wave is really the only way I can beat Weavile without using Garchomp's Focus Sash.
Use the swords dance set, empoleon can be ur special sweeper and lucario can be ur physical one...

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Natural Cure
160 HP / 132 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Recover / Grass Knot

This was Wish Pass Jirachi on my last team to heal Tyranitar and Empoleon but I realized it was sort of dead weight. I just went with the Counter Star EV's but I might want something with more power.

Some problems I'm bound to run into are from Weavile. Lucario's Vacuum Wave and Garchomp's Focus Sash are really the only things I have for it.
This is useless, use forretress, as he can set up spikes, and stealth rock(U dont need rapid spin) wich can really rack up the damage with sandstorm and cradily toxicing opponents. Plus he can be ur number switch in to weavile...
Hope I helped! Good luck while battling!

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
I would try to squeeze in Bronzong somewhere. You got yourself quite a big Mamoswine weakness, but that's a pretty common weak in Sandstorm teams. Another thing to note is that three Ground weaknesses isn't pretty, so I probably would've replaced Empoleon as CounterStar already is a great switch on most Water types. Recover is preferable to increase your survivability which you'll need if you're going to rely on Starmie as a sole counter for the likes of Gyarados, Milotic, Infernape, etc.. You may also want to add some more bulk. LO-Dos is quite powerful, and usually OHKO Starmie. Gyarados is a huge threat to any Sandstorm team, and this isn't any exception I'm afraid. May I suggest 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe or something in that direction? I think you'll need it.

Your team currently fare quite bad against DD Mence and a offensive Deoxys-S too, but that's another problem Bronzong can solve. Just a heads up! :] And naturally, your Weavile weak would be gone too.

Use knock off in the third slot.
I really don't like Knock Off. Sure I could Knock Off a Choice item or Soul Dew but usually a wall with Ice Beam comes in, I switch to Tyranitar, and I Stone Edge it to death. I'd rather just have more type coverage or set up with Swords Dance or Rock Polish.

This is weird, it's running a defensive set with modest nature and no recovery move, almost useless with no wish. I suggest cradily as he does the same job with higher defense and recover. I would suggest using the agility petaya torrent sweeper and it would be ur special sweeper.
I don't want Cradilly because it's weak to Ice. I'm just gonna replace this with Bronzong anway.

This is useless, use forretress, as he can set up spikes, and stealth rock(U dont need rapid spin) wich can really rack up the damage with sandstorm and cradily toxicing opponents. Plus he can be ur number switch in to weavile...
Then my team would get destroyed by Infernape and Garchomp (Yache / Sash Chomp and Bronzong could help but neither could switch in easily) Ordinarily, I'd love to have entry hazards to wear down switches, but when the battles are 3 vs 3 there aren't many switches.

I would try to squeeze in Bronzong somewhere. You got yourself quite a big Mamoswine weakness, but that's a pretty common weak in Sandstorm teams. Another thing to note is that three Ground weaknesses isn't pretty, so I probably would've replaced Empoleon as CounterStar already is a great switch on most Water types. Recover is preferable to increase your survivability which you'll need if you're going to rely on Starmie as a sole counter for the likes of Gyarados, Milotic, Infernape, etc.. You may also want to add some more bulk. LO-Dos is quite powerful, and usually OHKO Starmie. Gyarados is a huge threat to any Sandstorm team, and this isn't any exception I'm afraid. May I suggest 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe or something in that direction? I think you'll need it.

Your team currently fare quite bad against DD Mence and a offensive Deoxys-S too, but that's another problem Bronzong can solve. Just a heads up! :] And naturally, your Weavile weak would be gone too.
Alright, I'll just go with Bronzong over Empoleon, Recover over Grass Knot, and try those EV's.

I'm wondering if I should put Swords Dance over Ice Fang on Gliscor.

Since this is a team for 3 vs 3 battles on PBR, I'll be reviewing this team with that in mind. I'll also assume that this team was designed to follow all tournament-standard clauses in mind, since it seems to do that already.

Changes are in bold. (Not while I'm commenting. Instead, your changes will be in italic while I'm commenting.)

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Sand Stream
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant
Stone Edge
Chrunch
Earthquake
Pursuit / Focus Punch

Standard Tyranitar lead. I personally think that they're powerful enough to belong right in-between the OU and Uber tiers.

Anyways, I think that, if you like to predict what your opponent is about to do, replace Crunch with Pursuit and leave Focus Punch on it. Pursuit is just as powerful as Crunch if the opponent is going to retreat.

Sand Veil
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
Swords Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Fang

Was this team initially designed for the OU metagame or the Uber metagame? I remember that Garchomp was once an OU Pokémon. Heck, he still feels like he belongs right in-between the OU and Uber tiers.

Anyways, I'd maybe go with a Focus Sash instead of a Yache Berry. Those berries would only reduce the damage taken from Ice-Type attacks by half, and since Garchomp has a 4x weakness to Ice-Type attacks, a strong one could very well 1HKO it anyways.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Sand Veil
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Ice Fang / Swords Dance
Roost

I'd probably go with a Swords Dance here, unless you really need a way to counter opposing dragons. I think that Gliscor can take a hit from a physical attack that it's not weak to, so why don't you move all of those Defense EVs into Special Defense? (Maybe even give it a Careful nature?) You'll be thankful for the more balanced defenses as special attackers start to have a tougher time trying to take down your flying scorpion.

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
Levitate
252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD
Gyro Ball
Grass Knot
Rest
Sleep Talk

I didn't want Earthquake because I already had three other Pokemon with it. This will be my main counter to Weavile, Mamoswine, Swampert, and sleep inducers. I choose Macho Brace because Leftovers is already on Gliscor.

I would personally never touch Sleep Talk. In fact, I'd rather be running a Guts/Facade build with a recovery move and a Flame Orb, or one with Magic Coat on its moveset, than this build. However, if your counter towards Pokémon that would love to put your own Pokémon to sleep needs to be a tank, then I don't see any problems here.

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Inner Focus
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest
Aura Sphere
Vacuum Wave
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse

This guy's something that I'm actually considering for an anti-sandstorm team, though I'd rather use the Endure/Petaya Berry combo, as I could still have all that power while not having to restrict my Lucario's options (though Lucario would then be vulnerable to a swift KO from an increased priority move).

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Natural Cure
252 HP / 40 Def / 216
Timid
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Recover

This was Wish Pass Jirachi on my last team to heal Tyranitar and Empoleon but I realized it was sort of dead weight. I just went with the Counter Star EV's but I might want something with more power. Edit: I made it more defensive instead.

No comments here, though I'll bet that you're already aware that it'll take damage from the sandstorm.

Basically, in a nutshell, this is just your standard Sandstorm team. It's a tried and true concept, though it's unoriginal, and could use some extra tactical options if you know what I mean.

I saw that only Starmie was vulnerable to sandstorm damage. That doesn't seem all that bad to me. In fact, what I'd like for you to consider in improving your Sandstorm team is to not be afraid to add more Pokémon that are vulnerable to sandstorm damage. Sure, they'll take 1/16th of their max HP in damage per turn, but that's not really much. Just don't put any Focus Sashes or Endure/Pinch Berry combos on them.

From the looks of your team's strengths and weaknesses, I believe that Weavile isn't the least of your worries. Some other problems that you might run into include Endure/Pinch Berry users (especially if they're immune to sandstorms and have increased priority moves) and increased priority sweepers such as Scizor, Life Orb Hitmontop, and other Lucario. Your own Lucario could be effective against them provided that the opponent lacks increased priority moves and/or is slower than your Lucario. Unfortunately, Lucario seems to be the only Pokémon on your team with increased priority moves, so you could find yourself in a world of pain when priority sweepers such as Lucario, Scizor, and Hitmontop come knocking at your front door.

Still, nice job with your team. It's not the best that I've seen, though it's not half-bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)