OU OU Terrakion

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Terrakion is a great wallbreaker in the metagame due to its high Speed, powerful moves, and amazing STAB combination, allowing it to break down defensive cores. It is extremely dangerous after using Swords Dance, as it is able to OHKO prevalent bulky Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Corviknight, and its coverage in Earthquake allows it to OHKO Toxapex and Aegislash after a Swords Dance without any prior damage from hazards. Terrakion appreciates Pokemon that can bring it in safely, as its mediocre defensive typing makes it prone to being worn down very quickly, so teammates such as Teleport Clefable, Mandibuzz, and Rotom-H make for great partners. Revenge killers such as Zeraora and Choice Scarf Hydreigon are also good partners, as they are able to threaten fast threats such as Dragapult and Gengar that would otherwise be able to threaten and revenge kill Terrakion. Ferrothorn can provide excellent support for Terrakion by setting Spikes that can wear down the opponent's team, allowing Terrakion to wallbreak more easily.

Last edited:

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Terrakion is a great wallbreaker in the metagame due to its high speed, high-base power moves, and amazing STAB combination which allows it to break down teams. personally i feel like it would be better to explicitly mention defensive cores, since you're kinda implying that it kinda just wins when it sd's, which it can in some scenarios, but to keep it consistent i'd rather you change this mention to defensive cores
After using Swords Dance it is extremely dangerous, as it is able to OHKO prevalent bulky Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Corviknight, and its coverage in Earthquake allows it to OHKO Toxapex mention that you hit Aegi too since otherwise the fb audience is going to jump on us >:I after setting up a Swords Dance without any hazards set up. Terrakion appreciates Pokemon that can bring Terrakion in safely, so Pokemon such as Teleport Clefable and Mandibuzz personally, I would rather you mention something like heater given that it deals with zeraora which is a pretty common way of dealig w/ it offensively but it's not too big. make for great partners, as its mediocre defensive typing makes it prone to being worn down very quickly. Revenge killers such as Choice Scarf Hydreigon i won't pretend like i don't have a problem w/ scarf hydra but if you are going to mention it, i'd rather you mention zeraora first and Zeraora are good partners as they are able to threaten fast threats such as Dragapult and Gengar that would otherwise be able to threaten and revenge kill Terrakion. Entry hazard setters such as Seismitoad, Ferrothorn and Hippowdon can provide excellent support, as they allow Terrakion to break through the opposing team easier by wearing them down with hazards. mentioning hazards in general aren't particularly great given that literally every mon appreciates them; keep this mention at ferro and mention how spikes helps terrakion.

small jotaro.gif

Great work! QC 1/1

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove (comments)
Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Terrakion is a great wallbreaker in the metagame due to its high speed Speed, high-base power powerful moves (less repetitive and more in line with the other things you're mentioning here), and amazing STAB combination, (AC) allowing which allows it to break down defensive cores. After using Swords Dance it It is extremely dangerous after using Swords Dance, as it is able to OHKO prevalent bulky Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Corviknight, and its coverage in Earthquake allows it to OHKO Toxapex and Aegislash after setting up a Swords Dance without any hazards set up prior damage from hazards. Terrakion appreciates Pokemon that can bring Terrakion it in safely, as its mediocre defensive typing makes it prone to being worn down very quickly, (AC) so Pokemon teammates such as Teleport Clefable, Mandibuzz, and Rotom-H make for great partners, as its mediocre defensive typing makes it prone to being worn down very quickly. Revenge killers such as Zeraora and Choice Scarf Hydreigon are also good partners, (AC) as they are able to threaten fast threats such as Dragapult and Gengar that would otherwise be able to threaten and revenge kill Terrakion. Ferrothorn is a good partner as it (fixing repetition) can provide excellent support for Terrakion by from setting up Spikes that can wear down the opponent's team, allowing Terrakion to wallbreak more easily.
tag me once you've implemented this, i shifted a lot of things around and i just wanna make sure nothing slips by, afterwards i'll check it again for 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)