Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"core":

requested by GnralLao

Victini @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blue Flare
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Glaciate

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- U-turn
- Taunt
sorry was busy with school, other smogon stuff, and i just plain had a bit of trouble building with this for some reason lol. i've had the team built for almost a week now, but i haven't had time to post till now. anyways, when i was building this, it kept on coming out 1 way when i built with hazard removal, and even when i removed hazard removal to test things, it just kept on coming out stupidly bland. victini's lure set has the inherent issue of relying on luck; you have to rely on predicting perfectly to really pull it off, and considering all the variables, that's basically relying on luck. in addition to that, it's just kinda slow, and it needs a good amount of team support. out of all the builds i've tried with this thing, this one is my favorite to play with for sure.

i started by adding keldeo because i needed something to handle bulky grounds and offensive dark types. i chose CM keldeo specifically because if victini gets pursuit trapped, you can sac it, bring in keldeo, click sub / CM, and hit something... if you do this at an appropriate time and not just whenever lol. bisharp helps with latis and other psychic types that both victini and keldeo dislike. i decided to go with SD > pursuit because this team would only have keldeo as a (good) potential wincon otherwise. also, bisharp can take advantage of sac'ing victini in a similar fashion to keldeo; it doesn't really care about scarf ttar pursuit, and it walls pursuit weavile and bisharp (unless you're opponent is carrying low kick pursuit weavile / bish for some reason). manectric was added to help with opposing speedy electrics, tornadus-t, bulky waters, and bulky steels (sorta). landorus-t was added to help with charizard-x, offensive ground types, and for the much needed SR support. i went with a high hp, max atk, adamant spread so you can actually put a hole in some shit, and so shit doesn't put a hole in you. whimsicott was added in slot 6 to help with rain and to provide a backup answer for like everything (azumarill, keldeo, speedy electrics, and a whole bunch of shit it can paralyze with stun spore). for these last 3 (mega manectric, landorus-t, and whimsicott), their access to u-turn / volt switch is key! both victini and bisharp really appreciate the slow u-turns that whimsicott and lando can provide. victini is slow, so bringing it in on offensive threats isn't the best idea; using a slow u-turn to bring it in on something that it can force out allows you to actually utilize it. for bisharp, it just means more setup opportunities.

even though you have landorus-t, charizard-x is still super annoying. it can really fuck over the team after a dragon dance, so you might have to sac whimsicott to stun spore it from time to time. also, when you see a zard, play wisely with manectric... otherwise it'll just set up in your face and win. the wisp set is even more annoying because it makes your adamant landorus hit back like nothing. if you find the more offensive sets to be a super big problem, you can run defensive lando-t > the current set, but if you find the wisp sets to be more annoying, you can run lum berry lando lol. the lack of hazard removal on this team is a problem, but it isn't the end of the world. victini and whimsicott are able to put a solid amount of pressure on common hazard setters, and you can even run encore > taunt on whim so keld / bish can set up super easily. finally, don't overestimate whimsicott's defensive capabilities; it's just a bulky utility pokemon that isn't really super bulky.

special thanks to AM, bludz, Nedor, and FookMi? for helping me with this team. AM especially helped out with testing and giving me fun ideas to play around with so thanks guys!

once again, sorry that this took so long. this team definitely isn't perfect, but it's super fun to play with imo. hopefully you think the same n_n

"core":

requested by GnralLao

Victini @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Glaciate

Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- U-turn
- Taunt
sorry was busy with school, other smogon stuff, and i just plain had a bit of trouble building with this for some reason lol. i've had the team built for almost a week now, but i haven't had time to post till now. anyways, when i was building this, it kept on coming out 1 way when i built with hazard removal, and even when i removed hazard removal to test things, it just kept on coming out stupidly bland. victini's lure set has the inherent issue of relying on luck; you have to rely on predicting perfectly to really pull it off, and considering all the variables, that's basically relying on luck. in addition to that, it's just kinda slow, and it needs a good amount of team support. out of all the builds i've tried with this thing, this one is my favorite to play with for sure.

i started by adding keldeo because i needed something to handle bulky grounds and offensive dark types. i chose CM keldeo specifically because if victini gets pursuit trapped, you can sac it, bring in keldeo, click sub / CM, and hit something... if you do this at an appropriate time and not just whenever lol. bisharp helps with latis and other psychic types that both victini and keldeo dislike. i decided to go with SD > pursuit because this team would only have keldeo as a (good) potential wincon otherwise. also, bisharp can take advantage of sac'ing victini in a similar fashion to keldeo; it doesn't really care about scarf ttar pursuit, and it walls pursuit weavile and bisharp (unless you're opponent is carrying low kick pursuit weavile / bish for some reason). manectric was added to help with opposing speedy electrics, tornadus-t, bulky waters, and bulky steels (sorta). landorus-t was added to help with charizard-x, offensive ground types, and for the much needed SR support. i went with a high hp, max atk, adamant spread so you can actually put a hole in some shit, and so shit doesn't put a hole in you. whimsicott was added in slot 6 to help with rain and to provide a backup answer for like everything (azumarill, keldeo, speedy electrics, and a whole bunch of shit it can paralyze with stun spore). for these last 3 (mega manectric, landorus-t, and whimsicott), their access to u-turn / volt switch is key! both victini and bisharp really appreciate the slow u-turns that whimsicott and lando can provide. victini is slow, so bringing it in on offensive threats isn't the best idea; using a slow u-turn to bring it in on something that it can force out allows you to actually utilize it. for bisharp, it just means more setup opportunities.

even though you have landorus-t, charizard-x is still super annoying. it can really fuck over the team after a dragon dance, so you might have to sac whimsicott to stun spore it from time to time. also, when you see a zard, play wisely with manectric... otherwise it'll just set up in your face and win. the wisp set is even more annoying because it makes your adamant landorus hit back like nothing. if you find the more offensive sets to be a super big problem, you can run defensive lando-t > the current set, but if you find the wisp sets to be more annoying, you can run lum berry lando lol. the lack of hazard removal on this team is a problem, but it isn't the end of the world. victini and whimsicott are able to put a solid amount of pressure on common hazard setters, and you can even run encore > taunt on whim so keld / bish can set up super easily. finally, don't overestimate whimsicott's defensive capabilities; it's just a bulky utility pokemon that isn't really super bulky.

special thanks to AM, bludz, Nedor, and FookMi? for helping me with this team. AM especially helped out with testing and giving me fun ideas to play around with so thanks guys!

once again, sorry that this took so long. this team definitely isn't perfect, but it's super fun to play with imo. hopefully you think the same n_n
AWESOME!!! That team looks super crisp and adding MegaMan (my favorite mon ever) is the cherry on the sundae! Thanks x1000! Ü

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Original core: DD Dragonite + LO Gengar

Ghostfear

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Breloom @ Fist Plate
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

Ended up keeping the original sets for the core because they're fine and in this build they didn't need to be changed. Asked AM for advice and he suggested I run Mega Scizor so that I don't get overrun by a lot of common stuff like Weavile for example. Messed around with some bulky M-Scizor teams and Halcyon. passed me a quick build he made around the core to play with and helped me gain insight by seeing his process (the team ended up being very similar to his build in terms of team members so he deserves a lot of credit). I liked his general formula but I think this core is really offensive and so I opted to go with an offensive Mega Scizor (instead of bulky) which I find pretty underrated in this metagame. AM suggested Jolly so that it gets the jump on Bisharps and Brelooms which can be annoying, the rest of the set is pretty self explanatory. Dragonite requires hazard removal or its ability is useless and it has problems setting up, so I went with a Latios next. Latios over Starmie primarily because it would exacerbate a weakness to electric types, while Latios is a bit more of a special nuke as well. HP Fire to lure Scizors which can be pretty annoying, hitting Ferro and Klefki is a bonus. Next up is Lando-T so that Excadrill, Zard X and Talonflame are checked, it sets rocks and U-turns and is really quite standard. At this point, both ground and water types can be somewhat annoying to break and looking at what Halcyon did, I realized a grass type is really solid for the build. I chose to go with Breloom as it gives me a secondary Exca/Lopunny/Bisharp check on top of breaking aforementioned ground and water fatmons. I'm using AM's lord set which is Fist Plate, it bluffs Sash but still packs power that the opponent might not expect. Not getting worn down as easily as LO which puts it into range of things like Weavile's Ice Shard can be pretty huge.

You have to play this team pretty aggressively if you want to win. Team's weak to electric types so this means Volt-Turn teams are annoying -- you have to minimize their opportunities to catch you in a Volt-Turn cycle or predict your way out of it. Rain can be a bit of an issue as well, just try to utilize the priority moves on the team to check rain sweepers while Gengar and Breloom just pressure rain builds heavily in general (overload that Torn-T!). HP Fire Diancie / Latios can prove annoying since Scizor is kinda the switchin. Can change up coverage options on Latios if you want, Tbolt for stuff like Manaphy and waters in general is a nice option.

Anyway this one was kind of hard to build that's why I asked for all that advice/help. I hope you enjoy the team, and if you have success with it, I'm sure you'll be echoing AM's new catchphrase Breloom wins again

Last edited:
Vxy
Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Focus Blast

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave
what's up g. you said thundurus so what's better than using hyper offense bruh? custap skarmory to get hazards up and start using thundurus brokenness. give an example hippo is no longer a check if it switches into hp ice with rocks + a layer of spikes. i was reading through some team archives and bam, cbb and his crap squad that doesn't work anymore. was going to make my own remake by adding that legit offensive scizor + life orb bisharp core. keldeo replaces greninja right now and specs kills everything with all these people pretending like manaphy and rotom-w are their checks to it. focus blast is underused but god. if you hit, you can say bye bye to any bulky water type. 2hkoes suicune off the switch lol. latios is your secondary water resist and is just a super good 'mon. lures in ferrothorn and scizor with hidden power [fire] allowing you to win. so just weaken things and use pure dominance to make your opponent click the forfeit button. watch out for tflame though. that thing can cause problems. excadrill is fairly annoying as well so azumarill or offensive rotom-w can work over keldeo. i just changed ivs at the last minute so some hidden powers might be messed up so change that if it happens. hope you like it

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looks like Hoopa is still relatively new, the strategy dex isn't really helpful yet...

Even though Sticky Webs are bad and Thunder Wave spam / Tailwind are better ways to make Hoopa faster, I wanted to see if you guys could make a Sticky Web team around Hoopa unbound.

Shuckle is standard while Hoopa is ev'd to OHKO Clefable with 172 Def Evs. Feel free to change the sets.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Infestation

Hoopa-Alt @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
So, something I've noticed a lot is that Azelfs tend to be almost exclusively leads; as such, I believe it possible to effectively run an offensive variant, while bluffing a lead that you just decided wasn't the best idea to lead with.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Grass Knot

The old DPP set should do. I haven't done the calcs, but Fire Blast might be better if it picks up crucial KOs.

And no this set isn't outclassed by zam, zam doesn't get NP (though I personally have nothing on zam, might even be a good idea to pair this with an mzam/zam to break down checks/counters/the like.
Hare algo con estos dos cores !

Nedor

thiccc
Hello, I wanted to build around the old core Mega-Pinsir + Magnezone. The aim of this core is very simple : Magnezone traps Skarmory (and Ferrothorn) and "checks" birds. They can pressure Ground-types very easily and Mega-Pinsir remove Fighting-types like Conkeldurr for Mag. I think you know that (you build better than me), but I'm saying it anyway : you need an hazard remover like the Lati and something to take care of Weavile. Knock Off is an option to remove Shed Shell of Skarmory.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat / Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
mine n_n

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Hey RackBall!

Lopunny-Mega (M) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Power-Up Punch

Dragalge (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Thunder Wave

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit

Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

I had to go through a ton of different builds just to get a good feel with this one, so that's why it took a while. Rotom-Wash works really well with the original core, as it has an important ground resist, can check Mega Scizor (something the core could've defeat), and gives the team a somewhat slow Volt Switch so Dragalge can come in safely and either set up Toxic Spikes or go for a kill. I chose T-wave at first to handle Zard X earlier and forgot to take it off, but it turned out to be really helpful to slow threats down like Serperior and made it easier for Dragalge to actually outspeed threats. Then after a long period of testing, I went with Assault Vest Metagross to help deal with Mega Alakazam, which was a huge threat to the team. Metagross is able to defeat it easily, and it also gives you a Pursuit trapper, which is nice to have on a hazard stack team like this one. At this point, I was really weak to Bisharp, and Rotom-Wash was the only one that could kill Hippowdon, but it only has 8 PP on Hydro Pump, and if those are all gone (with at least 2-3 missing), then it'd be impossible to kill Hippowdon. For those reasons, I added Keldeo, which also helps defeat Mega Sableye in case Mega Lopunny got burned and if Dragalge was weakened. Sub Calm Mind Keldeo also gives the team a setup sweeper, and it also provides a better answer that can KO Mega Scizor. Finally, I realized the team was too dependent on Rotom-Wash being the only sand check, and Scarf Mold Breaker Excadrill ran straight through the team, so Defensive Lando-T was selected as the final member, and it also provides Stealth Rock, and Stone Edge to defeat Talonflame. Lando-T also helps the team not get swept by Mega Charizard X, which was a really big threat to the team if it wasn't there.

Hope you like it!

Special shoutouts to:

bludz (I couldn't have done it without him and helped me with a lot of the versions of the team)

Nedor (Helped give suggestions/thoughts on the team and gave me better ideas on what to focus on)

Based Godfish (Helped a ton with earlier builds and suggested Rotom-W, which ended up being perfect on the team and made it easier to finish the team)

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hola Talenheim i really think azelf is a great pokemon but for OU is hard to use because is way to frail and speed isnt great because the coverage is good but no enought, at least to HKO stuff like latios or raikou which are either the same speed or slowers than azelf but i still managed to build a decent team. Immediately thought on an offensive team because azelf love double switch due to his immediate power without boost and also force so many switch ins which allow u to NP, so to help azelf break wall and each other check/counter I add Mega Lopu deal with Sableye which can be annoying for every team specially offense because nobody wanna get burn so you gotta play really smart againt it, dual priority to kill talon after rocks wich also annoys offense and thanks to azelf which can force the lopu's check like Hippo or Slowbro due to GK, next bulky chomp accomplish the rol of Pivot and set up rocks, as i told you before Edge is for talonflame and to surprise some ZardY too, as third member i need something to spread status and also can check offense/ fast mons/ sand so LO Loom was the option for the slot as last moveslot i change between Focus Punch and Sword Dance just to deal with Skarmory/torn-t a bit better focus punching the switch and let them in range of mach after rocks, last i was looking my team and there isnt a keldeo check so i add Latios (could be Latias with Healing Wish > CM too) because i wanna raw power rather than bulk this time but Latias is an option too, CM allow me to beat bulky CM 1 v 1, even Clef without t-wave and last my hazard control / revenge killer called Moldbreaker Scarf Jolly Drill nothing much too say here, check electric types and able to revenge almost everything. Enjoy man!
Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Quick Attack

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Focus Punch
- Mach Punch

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasup ! Rocxidi i found really hard to build around this core because in the meta there is way to much threats to at least switch into it, specially when Shuckle is basically dead weight but i think this team is good overall. Starting with Hoopa-U LO which is a monster and due to sticky now can outspeed most of the revenge he have bar levitate mons, next my Anti-Defoger called Bisharp i took a bit of speed and put it into SpD to take a bit better dracos from Lati@s (which is one of the defoger in OU) i like taunt because prevent skarm to defog and deal in general against stall another option could be low kick and run Intimidate in the next member which is Gyarados it is my water resist and ground immunity packing the Lum berry because is the only switch in of keldeo and we all know Scald is 100% chance of burn, also packing taunt to prevent defog and deal with skarm. Next something to deal with Sableye because we want to have sticky up the whole game, packing HP Fire to lure Ferro and Scizor for Gyarados late game or open windows to it in general and last i needed a scarfer + electric immunity so i choose Garchomp just for bulk and made the team less weaker to opposing Bisharp ( You can run Scarf Lando-T too but U obligatory need Low kick on your bisharp and Moxie on Gyarados). The team isnt perfect and it's very annoyed by Rotom-w so keep in mind damage that mon for the other members of the team. Hope u enjoy and hf.
Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Toxic

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Taunt / Sword Dance / Low Kick

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie / Intimidate
EVs: 64 HP / 248 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Taunt

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw

bludz

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey waddup guys,
I was very satisfied with my previous team and so I would like to request another one.
This isn't really a core, but I haven't seen a Mega Aggron team built here yet, so I would like to request one.

Aggron @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Avalanche
- Fire Punch

Mega Aggron has the highest defense stat along with Shuckle and Mega Steelix and carries the ability Filter which weakens super effective moves, which makes him a beast at tanking physical moves, but he lacks recovery, so a wish passer would be nice to accompany him.
taking this

p2

Banned deucer.
Core: Weavile + Mamoswine Ice Spam
Requested by: littlelucario on Page 5 Post 120

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

Yeah I'm finally done with this team. ngl the core is total garbage despite sounding like a cool idea at first because "spam" teams are kinda mediocre outside of Dark spam but anyway after 3/4 different attempts I've finally built one I like. So yeah, Mamo+Weav is just destroyed completely by Scizor and so, I went with ZardX because it pairs pretty well here with Mamoswine luring Quagsire and can break the Ground types that can prevent Zard X from sweeping. At this point hazard removal was a necessity and so I used Starmie because of how the build came together later on. Offensive Recover Starmie is a set I like, it's a Keldeo check that doesn't just get taken advantage of by everything and its a hazard remover that has decent longevity. Thunderbolt is necessary because without it, Mega Slowbro becomes a huge problem. At this point Sand and opposing ZardX kinda destroys this team, so I used Lando-T, like I use on every offense team weak to Sand and ZardX, plus it sets SR which I needed. Rocky Helmet allows Lando-T to weaken stuff like Lopunny and Metagross so they don't overwhelm the team, putting them in range for Landos teammates to handle. When it came to the last member, I needed a solid Fairy switch in, Lati switch in, a way to cripple Pokemon such as Mega Slowbro, and a good backup answer for a bunch of other stuff like Mega Gyarados, so I went with Klefki. It's such a good Pokemon, I can't stress how useful and how good Klefki is, but yeah, Spikes help wear down the opponent and help the 3 main breakers break more easily. Azumarill is a pretty big threat to this team, but Poison Jab Weavile and Tbolt Starmie help out with that a little and Klefki is always able to pivot into a move and scout its set and Spikes prevent it from easily checking Zard X because it just gets blown back so easily, but just make sure you stop it from Belly Drumming because it 6-0s at +6 :pirate:. Breloom is pretty annoying too, but it can be played around. Bisharp is a pretty big weakness too, but it can also be played around.

Last edited:

牙 (Mamoswine) (F) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry

ゾロ (Manectric-Mega) (F) @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Simple core really. Mamo elimates bulky gorunds for mmane which in turn provides pivoting and something for most steels etc. There are quite alot of threats to this core such such maybe faster offense/pressure or things like m-venu+something else. Anways in expecting a Bulky Offense/Fast Balance team on this.

-Thank you

bludz

牙 (Mamoswine) (F) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry

ゾロ (Manectric-Mega) (F) @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Simple core really. Mamo elimates bulky gorunds for mmane which in turn provides pivoting and something for most steels etc. There are quite alot of threats to this core such such maybe faster offense/pressure or things like m-venu+something else. Anways in expecting a Bulky Offense/Fast Balance team on this.

-Thank you
I made a team here that contains your core.

p2

Banned deucer.
been a while

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Tangrowth + Slowbro form a Regenerator core that annoy the team throughout the match. They cover an awful lot together such as Zam, the Latis, Mega Diancie, McharX, a ton of top tier threats. I'm just interested in how others would build around these two.

I made a more detailed post "here".
mine

Oh, good to see this shop open again. I really like the various team built here, so I'd like to request a balance team centered around these two Pokemon:

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Hoopa @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

The premise is simple: Lopunny handles the various Dark-types, Ghost-types and generally fast Pokemon that could give problems to Hoopa-C, while Hoopa-C can help dismantle opposing Fighting-types, bulky Psychic-types and walls with Nasty Plot and relatively spammable STABs, which could otherwise be a nuisance for Lopunny.

Feel free to edit the spreads and attacks if needed.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also I have had like 10 different people ask me to join the shop, and I think we have more than enough builders already, so I'm making a new rule/announcement do not ask to be a part of the shop unless we specifically start looking for builders.

Requesting an offense team built around Nidoking and Mega Pinsir.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid / Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat / Earthquake
- Quick Attack / Feint

While defensively these two don't pair up too well, Nidoking does has an Electric immunity and Rock resist for Pinsir and Pinsir has a Ground immunity for Nidoking, which is nice. But offensively is where the two shine, as both are extremely good wallbreakers, with Pinsir's +2 attacks demolishing most offense builds, as well as getting past special walls like Chansey and Mega Venusaur, while Nidoking destroys basically every Flying resist in the tier with its Sheer Force boosted attacks, as well as physical walls like Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Hippowdon. Of course, this core has some issues, like both being weak to Ice, and faster Flying resists like Mega Metagross give this core problems, as well as Talonflame, but that's why there are 4 other Pokemon you can use to support them!​

I'd like a HO team built around darkspam. Honestly so many ways you can run this so not gonna post any specific mons so the builder will have more flexibility.

MANNAT

https://spo.ink/aq7
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd like a HO team built around darkspam. Honestly so many ways you can run this so not gonna post any specific mons so the builder will have more flexibility.
here is one that m00ns built with weavile+bish, here is one that Vertex built with hoopa u+bish, and there are probably a few more darkspam teams in the archive that I missed. You should be able to look through the archive and find a few more if you don't like these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)