Project OU Teambuilding Competition V9 (Done! See you all in Sun & Moon)

Phantom Me

Banned deucer.

Whiplash (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Spinner(Excadrill) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Seaweed (Dragalge) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Predator (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
Poison Dart (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
MakeItRain (Politoed) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest

An offensive team with m gyara and toxicroak as the core.The both sets are pretty standard, and toxicroak has SD in case gyarados couldn't get the job done.Excadrill removes hazard,pressure electric and steel types and also is my rocker.Dragalge supports Gyarados by setting up Toxic Spikes to quickly wear down Pokemon that Gyarados might have issues against, checking Chesnaught and Keldeo decently and severely damaging Ferrothorn with Hidden Power Fire.Kyurem-B pressures a considerable number of Gyarados's checks such as Skarmory, Rotom-W, and Chesnaught, and can cripple Clefable with Iron Head on the predicted switch.Also,it gives my team a reliable scarfer.I couldn't find the perfect Mon for the team,and nothing was fitting in it.Thus I had the weird idea to make it a pseudo rain team.Thus Politoed was added,and both toxicroak and gyara is immensely benefitted from it.I know the team is pretty weird(5 mons sharing types but,at least the nicknames are good.

Edit:Removed Latias like Raffaleking told,and added excadrill.

Last edited:

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Punch

Gyarados @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Rest

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 48 HP / 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Okay so I decided that this would be a pretty good core for spamming set-up mons lol. RP Diancie + Volcarona came to mind as a pretty solid core alongside Toxicroak, being able to play mind games with Dry Skin so Water type attacks can't be spammed quite so easily. Toxic Excadrill was added as a lure to Hippowdon and other bulky Grounds, as well as Toxic Garchomp on the same team because if they happen to see Toxic Excadrill they close their mind to the possibility of double Toxic, much like running Serperior + Solar Beam Heatran. You just don't see it coming because "they have a serperior why the fuck would they have solarbeam" and that's where you regret your birth and how you can get outplayed even in the teambuilding stage. Toxicroak's EV spread is just for a better roll on Specs Keldeo Secret Sword. DD Chesto Rest Gyarados also lets you set up on Scald and other nonsense then you rest and they cry.

edit: passho volc now fuck water types

Last edited:

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Ruby (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest

An offensive team with m gyara and toxicroak as the core.The both sets are pretty standard, and toxicroak has SD in case gyarados couldn't get the job done.Healing wish support from latias is essential considering how quickly gyarados gets worn down from stealth rocks,Rocky helmet and iron barbs.Furthermore, entry hazard removal is also crucial, as taking 25% damage upon entry harshly cuts into Gyarados's longevity.Latias does both the roles in one spot.Dragalge supports Gyarados by setting up Toxic Spikes to quickly wear down Pokemon that Gyarados might have issues against, checking Chesnaught and Keldeo decently and severely damaging Ferrothorn with Hidden Power Fire.Kyurem-B pressures a considerable number of Gyarados's checks such as Skarmory, Rotom-W, and Chesnaught, and can cripple Clefable with Iron Head on the predicted switch.Also,it gives my team a reliable scarfer.I couldn't find the perfect Mon for the team,and nothing was fitting in it.Thus I had the weird idea to make it a pseudo rain team.Thus Politoed was added,and both toxicroak and gyara is immensely benefitted from it.

i heard Politoed is the new Draco switch in...

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Hola

I decided to build on M-Gyarados + Toxicroak as I believe they provide solid synergy as opposed to regular Gyarados. I went with SubDDance M-Gyarados after testing multiple variants where they all seemed to fail in practice. It provided a good win condition against the likes of M-Slowbro stalls and offenses that rely on Lando-T to drop its attack or Lopunny to pick it off with Fake out, something Substitute circumvents. I'm actually not a very big fan of Swords Dance Toxicroak even more so when paired with M-Gyarados so I opted for Nasty Plot special Toxicroak. The Toxicroak variant itself runs the stronger variations of its STAB with Vacuum Wave to not be a complete liability to sand and offenses alike. SD Lum Chomp is a very strong rocker that I thought fit well with the team which gave the team a better matchup against Zards and base 100s something I felt Lando-T wouldnt be able to do. Thunderbolt Latios gives the team a more consistent way to pressure waters with just your basic 3 attacks / Roost set. Defog seemed pointless and counter productive on an offense that doesnt want to be losing momentum. The steel slot eventually ended up going to Jirachi where I found the Healing Wish support useful for the offensive nature of the team along with giving the team a fairy switch in. Rotom-W was perfect with the concept of this week to check sand, Talonflame, burning stuff to provide more set up opportunities, along with breaking down Lando-T for Toxicroak to do its job.

You have the option of using HP Fire Latios to pressure Ferrothorn and M-Scizor better but I don't like autolosing the base 110 speed ties and like netting damage on HP Fire M-Diancie before they hit me. Something to consider and enjoy the team.

Last edited:

W a k i n g T h e F a l l e n: Resurrected

Crucify Me (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt

I'm Your Idol (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

DOOMSDAY (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Evil Rules (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Alien Workshop (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Roost

Brooklyn Finest (Latios) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
- Surf
Building a decent team with Gyarados and Toxicroak hasn't really been easy but however I think I managed to succeed. Considering that both Mega Gyarados and Toxicroak need Hazards in order to reach their OHKOs without a boost, I started to add Skarmory since other than getting Spikes up, helps the team to handle Fairy mons since they would be a huge problem to the team. I added taunt because it is good to break possibilities to defog for Skarmory under stall, and also it is useful to stop Ferrothorn or Clefable since they can spike/paralyze the team. Hippowdon was added to gain more solidity against teams who got Mega Manectric/ Charizard x since they are able to destroy me, and it also set up rocks and when needed it phazes by blocking attempt to statup from mega scizor and other physical sweepers. Excadrill is the RKiller of the team and spinner since that I couldn't use defog because of spikes. Latios helps against Keldeo/Mega Charizard-Y and it is useful to lure Heatran/Ferrothon. I gave Taunt to Gyarados so that I could dance onto WWind Skarmory and I can also break the status moves. Special Toxicroak was preferred over the physical one because it is able to get rid of Rotom-w/Slowbro/etc. easily​

Last edited:

Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Sup Sup

So I decided on mega-gyrados so it can setup and sweep better then the normal gyrados. For this core of gyrados + toxiccroak i wanted a ground that could stop the electric types that threaten gyrados-mega like raikou/manetric-mega. So i decided on running hippowdown. Hippowdown help us against physical attackers like excadrill, lopunny-mega,zard x and is also a bird check. while getting stealth rocks for our team. Next up I wanted a revenge killer for the team and something to deal with the steel types that hippowdown couldn't deal with like ferrothorn/scizor. Talonflame was decided because fire types that can take care of gyrados and hippowdown like zard y was hard to deal with but talonflame is a very reliable check to them. Running talonflame also gives us a stallbreaker in a bulk up variant. Talonflame also helps us deal with grass types that threathen gyrados-mega like serperior. Next up I noticed how this team does not like too switch into dragon attacks like draco metor from latios and latias and outrages from things like kyurem-black. I also wanted another reliable check to water types that can beat Toxicroak 1v1 like mega-swampert/mold breaker mega-gyrados/quagisre/gastradon. So i decided to run a ferrothorn. Ferrothron resist the dragon attacks and can also help the team versus water types that beat toxiccroak 1v1 like other gyrados and it helps versus rain sweepers like swampert/kingdra.Ferrothorn also check fairy types that talonflame cant deal with like mega dianice. Ferrothron can also gives us spikes allowing gyrados-mega to have an easier time sweeping. So finally since i had a talonflame i wanted something to get rid of hazards. I didnt want a defogger as that would also get rid of my hazards in spikes and stealth rocks and the lati@s weren't needed as i have a keldeo check in Toxicroak. So now it came down to the spinners and i decided on excadrill to abuse the sand that hippowdown provides. Excadrill also provides us another win condition which is always nice. This is also another great check to fairy types like cleafble just in case talonflame gets low or i dont want talonflame to get thunder waved imo.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ooops, almost forgot about this thread. My bad, my bad. Anyways, lets proceed to the voting time!

Core: Toxicroak + Gyarados

Team 1

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Spinner(Excadrill) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest

An offensive team with m gyara and toxicroak as the core.The both sets are pretty standard, and toxicroak has SD in case gyarados couldn't get the job done.Excadrill removes hazard,pressure electric and steel types and also is my rocker.Dragalge supports Gyarados by setting up Toxic Spikes to quickly wear down Pokemon that Gyarados might have issues against, checking Chesnaught and Keldeo decently and severely damaging Ferrothorn with Hidden Power Fire.Kyurem-B pressures a considerable number of Gyarados's checks such as Skarmory, Rotom-W, and Chesnaught, and can cripple Clefable with Iron Head on the predicted switch.Also,it gives my team a reliable scarfer.I couldn't find the perfect Mon for the team,and nothing was fitting in it.Thus I had the weird idea to make it a pseudo rain team.Thus Politoed was added,and both toxicroak and gyara is immensely benefitted from it.I know the team is pretty weird(5 mons sharing types but,at least the nicknames are good.

Team 2

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Punch

Gyarados @ Chesto Berry
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Rest

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 48 HP / 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Okay so I decided that this would be a pretty good core for spamming set-up mons lol. RP Diancie + Volcarona came to mind as a pretty solid core alongside Toxicroak, being able to play mind games with Dry Skin so Water type attacks can't be spammed quite so easily. Toxic Excadrill was added as a lure to Hippowdon and other bulky Grounds, as well as Toxic Garchomp on the same team because if they happen to see Toxic Excadrill they close their mind to the possibility of double Toxic, much like running Serperior + Solar Beam Heatran. You just don't see it coming because "they have a serperior why the fuck would they have solarbeam" and that's where you regret your birth and how you can get outplayed even in the teambuilding stage. Toxicroak's EV spread is just for a better roll on Specs Keldeo Secret Sword. DD Chesto Rest Gyarados also lets you set up on Scald and other nonsense then you rest and they cry.

edit: passho volc now fuck water types

Team 3

Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Hola

I decided to build on M-Gyarados + Toxicroak as I believe they provide solid synergy as opposed to regular Gyarados. I went with SubDDance M-Gyarados after testing multiple variants where they all seemed to fail in practice. It provided a good win condition against the likes of M-Slowbro stalls and offenses that rely on Lando-T to drop its attack or Lopunny to pick it off with Fake out, something Substitute circumvents. I'm actually not a very big fan of Swords Dance Toxicroak even more so when paired with M-Gyarados so I opted for Nasty Plot special Toxicroak. The Toxicroak variant itself runs the stronger variations of its STAB with Vacuum Wave to not be a complete liability to sand and offenses alike. SD Lum Chomp is a very strong rocker that I thought fit well with the team which gave the team a better matchup against Zards and base 100s something I felt Lando-T wouldnt be able to do. Thunderbolt Latios gives the team a more consistent way to pressure waters with just your basic 3 attacks / Roost set. Defog seemed pointless and counter productive on an offense that doesnt want to be losing momentum. The steel slot eventually ended up going to Jirachi where I found the Healing Wish support useful for the offensive nature of the team along with giving the team a fairy switch in. Rotom-W was perfect with the concept of this week to check sand, Talonflame, burning stuff to provide more set up opportunities, along with breaking down Lando-T for Toxicroak to do its job.

You have the option of using HP Fire Latios to pressure Ferrothorn and M-Scizor better but I don't like autolosing the base 110 speed ties and like netting damage on HP Fire M-Diancie before they hit me. Something to consider and enjoy the team.

Team 4

Crucify Me (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt

I'm Your Idol (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

DOOMSDAY (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Evil Rules (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Alien Workshop (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Roost

Brooklyn Finest (Latios) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
- Surf

Building a decent team with Gyarados and Toxicroak hasn't really been easy but however I think I managed to succeed. Considering that both Mega Gyarados and Toxicroak need Hazards in order to reach their OHKOs without a boost, I started to add Skarmory since other than getting Spikes up, helps the team to handle Fairy mons since they would be a huge problem to the team. I added taunt because it is good to break possibilities to defog for Skarmory under stall, and also it is useful to stop Ferrothorn or Clefable since they can spike/paralyze the team. Hippowdon was added to gain more solidity against teams who got Mega Manectric/ Charizard x since they are able to destroy me, and it also set up rocks and when needed it phazes by blocking attempt to statup from mega scizor and other physical sweepers. Excadrill is the RKiller of the team and spinner since that I couldn't use defog because of spikes. Latios helps against Keldeo/Mega Charizard-Y and it is useful to lure Heatran/Ferrothon. I gave Taunt to Gyarados so that I could dance onto WWind Skarmory and I can also break the status moves. Special Toxicroak was preferred over the physical one because it is able to get rid of Rotom-w/Slowbro/etc. easily

Team 5

Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Sup Sup

So I decided on mega-gyrados so it can setup and sweep better then the normal gyrados. For this core of gyrados + toxiccroak i wanted a ground that could stop the electric types that threaten gyrados-mega like raikou/manetric-mega. So i decided on running hippowdown. Hippowdown help us against physical attackers like excadrill, lopunny-mega,zard x and is also a bird check. while getting stealth rocks for our team. Next up I wanted a revenge killer for the team and something to deal with the steel types that hippowdown couldn't deal with like ferrothorn/scizor. Talonflame was decided because fire types that can take care of gyrados and hippowdown like zard y was hard to deal with but talonflame is a very reliable check to them. Running talonflame also gives us a stallbreaker in a bulk up variant. Talonflame also helps us deal with grass types that threathen gyrados-mega like serperior. Next up I noticed how this team does not like too switch into dragon attacks like draco metor from latios and latias and outrages from things like kyurem-black. I also wanted another reliable check to water types that can beat Toxicroak 1v1 like mega-swampert/mold breaker mega-gyrados/quagisre/gastradon. So i decided to run a ferrothorn. Ferrothron resist the dragon attacks and can also help the team versus water types that beat toxiccroak 1v1 like other gyrados and it helps versus rain sweepers like swampert/kingdra.Ferrothorn also check fairy types that talonflame cant deal with like mega dianice. Ferrothron can also gives us spikes allowing gyrados-mega to have an easier time sweeping. So finally since i had a talonflame i wanted something to get rid of hazards. I didnt want a defogger as that would also get rid of my hazards in spikes and stealth rocks and the lati@s weren't needed as i have a keldeo check in Toxicroak. So now it came down to the spinners and i decided on excadrill to abuse the sand that hippowdown provides. Excadrill also provides us another win condition which is always nice. This is also another great check to fairy types like cleafble just in case talonflame gets low or i dont want talonflame to get thunder waved imo.

Voting goes until Friday 10:00 pm GMT -5. May the best one win.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Team 4

I faced it a couple of days ago on the ladder and I think personally Decision Makers I would go with Swords Dance Excadrill. The guy using it played in a pretty offensive manner where the necessity to remove hazards wasn't too huge and it had been SD it could've cushioned up a lot of stuff for M-Gyarados to put in work.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Team 4 by Decision Makers have won this teambuilding round. Congratulations! Will be added to the hall of fame shortly.

Guess it is time to move on to the next round, good job everyone!

ROUND 31:

Since Im having trouble coming up with creative cores, time for a single mon to get the spotlight once more! I say it is GATR TIME. Dragon dance feraligatr can be a really threatening setup sweeper being a pseudo wallbreaker thanks to Sheer force and stuff. Cool mon tbh.

This round lasts until Wednesday 10:00 PM gmt -5. Best of lucks to everyone in this round.

Phantom Me

Banned deucer.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Standard feraligatr set.Ice Punch hits Grass- and Dragon-types like Serperior, Amoonguss, Mega Altaria, and notably bulky Garchomp. Crunch hits Psychic-types like Mew and Slowbro while sharing coverage with Ice Punch on Latios, Latias, and Celebi.Added Raikou threatens Pokemon that check feraligatr(mainly Azumarill,skarmory,keldeo etc),in turn feraligatr kills ground types.It also helps against opposing manectric and Thundurus.It also gives me a wincon and provides volt-switch support so that feraligatr can come in safely.Hippowdon sets up Stealth Rock and wear down opposing fast offensive threats such as Mega Lopunny and Talonflame. Hippowdon in particular checks opposing Electric-types bar Rotom-W very well.Spike setters such as Klefki work well with Feraligatr because the entry hazard wears down opposing checks through repeated switches in, making a sweep easier.Klefki can help to check Latios and provide speed control with Thunder Wave.Tornadus-T can threaten all Grass-types with its STAB moves and bulky Steel-types such as Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Ferrothorn with Fire-type coverage.Altaria gives yet another win con,and also lures scizor and ferrothorn with fire blast.

Hope you will overlook any mistake because it is a 10 minute team,with some of my favorite Pokémons in OU.

Last edited:

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

setup spam rocks. This was an Hyper Offense I made around the time when everyone was hating on Offensive Mega Scizor. I personally believe that Hyper Offense is the way to go with DD Feraligatr since it things just drop like flies after it boosts and it isn't to hard to supplement it. Mega Scizor and Gatr was the starting core and it was obvious they simply lost to quite a few things, especially Water-types and Mega Venusaur which was annoying. So next came NP + Twave Thundurus packing Hidden Power [Fly] to lure Mega Venusaur and other Grasses like Tangrowth. I didn't want to rely too much on TWave for raw speed and sand just lol'd at my team so I added CM + BP Celebi and Scarf Heatran with the strategy in mind of passing a few CM boosts to it and clean up late game with it if nothing else could secure one. I went with Hidden Power [Rock] since I didn't want to lock myself into a move that didn't take advantage of Calm Mind boosts.Finally I lacked Stealth Rock so I added LO + SD Garchomp since it's jesus maintain the "momentum" piece and breaks early game alongside Feraligatr or Thundurus to have a smoother endgame.

Another option I've experimented with was Healing Wish over Calm Mind on Celebi since this is the sort of team that'd immensely appreciate that support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)