SM OU OU Team (Hawlucha+Tapu Koko) (Peak 1560)

Thank you for reading this thread! This team is mainly a Hawlucha+Tapu Koko core along with other Pokemon that I felt fit. I have peaked at around 1560 elo with this team and feel I could do much better with proper changes.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Keldeo-Resolute @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

Medicham-Mega (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Silent (Zygarde) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Iron Tail
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

download (4).jpg

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab

I picked Hawlucha because it outspeeds threats such as a variant of scarfed mons (especially Kartana) with its Electric Seed activated. I decided to use Poison Jab over Roost to deal with things like defensive Tapu Bulu and Clefairy. A very good sweeper, especially with SD up.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I picked Tapu Koko along with Hawlucha. Koko's main objective is to deal damage to threats such as Latios, Kyurem-B, Mega-Scizor, Heatran, Lando-T, etc. Tapu Koko is a very necessary check to many opposing threats to my team.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Heatran was added to my team as a defensive rock setter, while also checking defoggers such as Zapdos, Mew, and Tornadus-Therian.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

My main reason for using Keldeo was to check Greninja while having a viable special attacker for Chansey/Ferrothorn. This mon can also do very well against Magearna with CM set up.

Medicham-Mega (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Medicham is one of the stars of my team. With an amazing attack stat, Medicham is a great lead-in against Landorus-T. I use Medicham as a lead most of the time and will use the opportunity to counter hazard setters or revenge kill with Fake Out. One thing I have been considering is replacing Zen Headbutt with Thunder Punch to go along with the Electric Terrain provided by Tapu Koko. This would be something to follow up on.

Silent (Zygarde) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Iron Tail
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Zygarde is used in this team as a core with Mega-Medicham, and it's varied moveset allows it to deal huge damage to multiple mons such as Iron Tail for Tapu Bulu and Clefable, E-Speed for revenge killing, Thousand Arrows and Outrage as STAB moves for high damage dealing. I sacrifice Zygarde (at the right times) to allow other mons to switch in for revenge killing.

Really like the Poison Jab option
I think roost is overrated especially if this guy is a late game sweeper. Do you have an answer to z fly Lando though?

AAamen

☆Ojama: gg team italy
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I don't like the idea of 3 fightings in the same team in USUM since there are such threats as Tornadus,Tapu Lele,Mkazam ecc.
Your team lacks of speed control, such things as Mkazam or ScarfLele are really troublesome and Keldeo might typecheck Specs Ninja but he's not even a real check. Ah and you don't even have Hazard Control
Major Threats:

I suggest you to put Greninja Scarf over Keldeo because he gives speed control to the teams, he typecheck SpecsNinja like Keldeo, he gives momentum that can help the sweep of Hawlucha, he can outspeed DDZyg and rkill him with Ice Beam and of course he has Spikes!
Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes

This set of Koko over the one you proposed
Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

About Hawlucha, Poison Jab is useful only for Clefable(Since Acrobatics kills Bulu), i think you should use Roost instead of PJab and maybe even a bulkier spread like this
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Zygarde's set is fine but even the classic SubDDGlare is considerable since paralyzing other mons could benefit Medicham and the sub is really useful to help Zyg against such things as MSableye or Celesteela
Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 160 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Coil
- Glare

Conclusion:With these fixes your team should be fine because now it has a speed control, less weakness against famous threats like Greninja or Zygarde and more momentum that helps your offensive threats

I don't like the idea of 3 fightings in the same team in USUM since there are such threats as Tornadus,Tapu Lele,Mkazam ecc.
Your team lacks of speed control, such things as Mkazam or ScarfLele are really troublesome and Keldeo might typecheck Specs Ninja but he's not even a real check. Ah and you don't even have Hazard Control
Major Threats:

I suggest you to put Greninja Scarf over Keldeo because he gives speed control to the teams, he typecheck SpecsNinja like Keldeo, he gives momentum that can help the sweep of Hawlucha, he can outspeed DDZyg and rkill him with Ice Beam and of course he has Spikes!
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

About Hawlucha, Poison Jab is useful only for Clefable(Since Acrobatics kills Bulu), i think you should use Roost instead of PJab and maybe even a bulkier spread like this
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Zygarde's set is fine but even the classic SubDDGlare is considerable since paralyzing other mons could benefit Medicham and the sub is really useful to help Zyg against such things as MSableye or Celesteela
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Coil
- Glare

Conclusion:With these fixes your team should be fine because now it has a speed control, less weakness against famous threats like Greninja or Zygarde and more momentum that helps your offensive threats
with giving up ked youre sacrificing a huge weakness to trick room by giving up taunt though.

Major Threats:

Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Coil
- Glare

Thank you! I agree with most of these changes and will have to test Roost vs Poison Jab. Great help!!

Greetings! This is my first attempt at rating someone's team, so I hope this helps! TL:DR will be listed in bold text.
The changes AAamen made are present on this team.

The most major change I would make is Medicham-Mega --> Hoopa-U. Hoopa-U has a better base attack stat, and its special attack is also good. Since Greninja has Protean, this would be the Dark-type of the team.

Hoopa-U @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP 252 Atk 4 SpD
Adamant nature
-Hyperspace Fury
-Gunk Shot
-Zen Headbutt
-Drain Punch

This Pokemon is is very powerful thanks to a base 160 Attack stat. With a choice band, 252 EVs, and 31 IVs, this Pokemon's base attack stat is a blistering 460 at level 100. Since I assume you would like a physical/psychic-type, Hoopa-U fits the bill. 2 of its counters: Fairy and Dark, are countered by Heatran and Hawlucha, respectively. Fire Punch is an alternative to Drain Punch if you would like to hit Steel- and Bug- types, although you lose the healing of Drain Punch. Hyperspace Fury breaks through Protect and functions as a STAB attack. Gunk Shot is to surprise a predicted Fairy-type switch-in. Zen Headbutt is also STAB, hitting Toxapex, which would otherwise be a counter to your team. Drain Punch allows you to recover some lost HP, but Fire Punch can be used as an alternative for that or Zen Headbutt.

As a side note, Gren and Koko's U-Turns are VERY helpful for getting Hoopa-U in safely.

If you don't want to use this idea, that is fine with me. Just throwing this out there. c:

Greetings! This is my first attempt at rating someone's team, so I hope this helps! TL:DR will be listed in bold text.
The changes AAamen made are present on this team.

The most major change I would make is Medicham-Mega --> Hoopa-U. Hoopa-U has a better base attack stat, and its special attack is also good. Since Greninja has Protean, this would be the Dark-type of the team.

Hoopa-U @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP 252 Atk 4 SpD
Adamant nature
-Hyperspace Fury
-Gunk Shot
-Zen Headbutt
-Drain Punch

This Pokemon is is very powerful thanks to a base 160 Attack stat. With a choice band, 252 EVs, and 31 IVs, this Pokemon's base attack stat is a blistering 460 at level 100. Since I assume you would like a physical/psychic-type, Hoopa-U fits the bill. 2 of its counters: Fairy and Dark, are countered by Heatran and Hawlucha, respectively. Fire Punch is an alternative to Drain Punch if you would like to hit Steel- and Bug- types, although you lose the healing of Drain Punch. Hyperspace Fury breaks through Protect and functions as a STAB attack. Gunk Shot is to surprise a predicted Fairy-type switch-in. Zen Headbutt is also STAB, hitting Toxapex, which would otherwise be a counter to your team. Drain Punch allows you to recover some lost HP, but Fire Punch can be used as an alternative for that or Zen Headbutt.

As a side note, Gren and Koko's U-Turns are VERY helpful for getting Hoopa-U in safely.

If you don't want to use this idea, that is fine with me. Just throwing this out there. c:

Hoopa-U has a "better" attack stat, you say? You know a JOLLY Mega Medicham reaches 598 attack, right? If it's Adamant, it's even better - its attack stat is equivalent to 249 base. Hoopa-U may be a hard hitter, but it doesn't hold a candle to Mega Medicham.
Even if you equip it with a Choice Band, Hoopa's Hyperspace Fury doesn't outdamage Mega Medicham's High Jump Kick, due to the latter's superior base power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)