[OU RMT] My first English RMT o.O

Well, English isn't my first language (My second, my first one being Dutch) and I'm only 13 so there'll be some grammar mistakes in here...

I prefer offensive teams, so this one is no exeption. This team has a lot more bulky sweepers like Tyranitar, unlike my other teams.

Crobat @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
EVs: 124 HP, 132 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Hypnosis
Taunt
Air Slash
U-Turn

I usually run Stealth Rock leads on my offensive teams, but for some reason I use Crobat here. This thing annoys the hell out of my opponents leads with Hypnosis and Taunt. I seem to use Taunt rarely but I can't afford another move here as it sometimes saves me against set-up or Support sets. Air Slash and U-Turn are the attacks on this guy. I only use Air Slash to kill off some weakened Pokémon like Infernape, but it's rather weak on average.

The Special Attack EVs let me KO Breloom and Heracross with Air Slash, the remaining EVs were put in Speed and HP.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 168 HP, 252 Attack, 88 Speed
Stone Edge
Crunch
Aqua Tail
Pursuit

I usually don't use Choice Items on Pokémon without Trick, because I want versatility on my sweepers. But giving this guy a Choice Band was almost necessary because he needs to hit really hard without set up. I use Crunch more often than Stone Edge because of the ever present Steels like Jirachi and Bronzong. I use Aqua Tail in situations I can't really predict them as Aqua Tail hits almost anything switching in neutral.

The EVs let me outspeed 16 Speed Skarmory.

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Charge Beam
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Grass]
Shadow Ball

This is the frailest Pokémon on my team but he is a very good Special Sweeper in my opinion. With a Charge Beam boost he is even more amazing, hitting almost any Pokémon incredibly hard with is Thunderbolt. I even managed to kill a Blissey with 2/3 Charge Beam boosts. Thunderbolt is the Stab move on this set, Shadow Ball hits guys like Starmie and Azelf.

I prefer Hidden Power [Grass] on this Jolteon because aren't much of a problem for this team. Swampert is a lot more annoying. Jolteon sometimes kills a weakened Salamence, though.

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Speed
Calm Mind
Surf
Hidden Power [Electric] / Ice Beam
Rest

The bulkiest Pokémon on this team, and I need some help with the third move. Hidden Power [Electric] is very benficial for this team because Dragons aren't much of a problem. Surf hits Flygon quite hard after a couple of boosts, Salamence and Dragonite are hit by Hidden Power [Electric].

Chesto Berry, why? Well, it just works great in some situations. One chestorest can turn a tricky match-up into an advantange. I can't make a good example now, you should just believe me. o.O I'll post an example here when I make good use of the chestorest.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 64 HP, 252 Attack, 192 Speed
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Superpower

One of the, if not, the most important Pokémon on the team. He counters Dragons VERY easily and is the only one with a fighting move on this team. The moves are pretty standard, I suppose. 192 Speed EVs let me outspeed Jolly 252 Tyranitar.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Nature: Naive
EVs: 232 Attack, 24 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Finishes stuff off. No explanation needed.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The most immediate concern is that "Lucario used Swords Dance! gg" (your only real chance is that Jolteon or Crobat survive Extremespeed thing your team has going on. You can run max speed on Mamoswine to beat Adamant Mamoswine, but that's just papering over the problem.

I'd probably replace Salamence with a standard Sub/Calm Mind Jirachi (which is a very effective check to Lucario, as it outspeeds Jolly variants, can Subtitute on its Close Combats and kill it after a defense drop), and I would consider giving Suicune a Scarf, with Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/Signal Beam/Hidden Power Electric...with a neutral nature, it outspeeds Adamant +1 Gyarados, as well as all non-boosted OU pokemon. With prediction it can suprise threats like Celebi who like to come in on Suicune.

I would replace Mamoswine with Life Orb semi-offensive Gliscor, with Swords Dance/Roost/Earthquake/Stone Edge, packing enough speed to outspeed Adamant Lucario (which may be packing Ice Punch/Hidden Power Ice), and investing the rest in HP and Attack. It still functions as a solid check to Fighters and other physical threats, and can sweep with Swords Dance and Roost keeping it alive. Leftovers can work too; it's up to you.

I'd replace Jolteon with Emploeon to function as a generalized resistance wall, which can put up Stealth Rock; I feel that all good teams should have Stealth Rock; not having it puts you at a material disadvantage over the course of the battle. 252 HP / 78 Def / 180 SDef Calm, with Grass Knot/Surf/Ice Beam/Stealth Rock can work well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)