[OU RMT] Breaking Point

A Brand spanking new team, I just started testing it out, so far so good. I made this team to try out some new pokes that I had never used before, this is my first time using 5/6 of the pokemon on this team.
Shall we begin?

InfernRAPE @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 48 Atk/208 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock

Lead Infernape straight out of Taylor's RMT. The one thing I look for in a lead is the ability to kill/scare Bronzong. I hate those things so much, my lead must share my pain. This thing has got Bronzong covered incase he wants to stay in. First turn Fake-out just to put the opposing lead in range for a KO, then setup the Rocks.

Zero @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 168 HP/120 Def/220 SDef
Careful
- Crunch
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Return

You know Curselax once asked the other team, "Can I has team-sweep?". The other team said "no". Silly boy, Curselax can has team-sweep!
Once setup this thing is ridiculous to take out. My favorite part is when I have maybe 3 Curses up and the opponent brings in a Physical sweeper on me, then I laugh as it does close to nothing and then it gets a Return shoved down its mouth.

Weezy @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/68 SAtk
Relaxed
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Haze

The only true wall/phazer on my team. I put this on because I always had issues taking this behemoth down on my other teams. But now he is on the side of good, working for me. This thing shuts down opponents trying to set up on me, and loves to take down Gyarados. How do I know? Because he used to do it to me.....

Azure @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 212 HP/252 Atk/44 Spd
Adamant
- Aqua Jet
- Brick Break
- Return
- Waterfall

This thing has a lot of hype behind it, I keep hearing how good it is. Well, this thing is awesome, and I do believe the hype. Maxes out at 447 Attack, and this Choice Band attached 657. Return and Aqua Jet are it's main form of attack, a Base 102 STAB attack backed up with that attack, ridiculous. And a STAB priority move to boot.

Tres @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Adamant nature
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch

I needed something to help me deal with Deoxys, Gengar, Zam, etc. So I picked up the the #2 Revenge Killer in the game, second only to Deoxys. This thing also covers Hera, Tyranitar, Heatran, Flyers, more stuff I can't remember off the top of my head. Yeah its good for you.

Uno Dos @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/184 Spd
Adamant nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall

This thing is a staple on all my teams, it just rapes, this is the only poke I have used before. I normally have Electivire to back it up, but I decided to use more pokes I had never used. If I need to swich out of a T-Bolt, I could go for Duggy or weezing. Ice Fang > Stone Edge because of the accuracy.

Thar you go, now tear this shit up!

This is minor, but weezing bold. Relaxed will just throw away speed that could come in handy.

Ape wants fire blast or overheat for power, and dugtro wants stone edge for all the power it can get. Duggy already had trouble mustering up power, no need to make it even weaker.

This team will most likely lose to stall teams. You have nothing that can't be easily walled, or stalled out.

I have no idea how you deal with Mixmences and Specsmence, considering that your team is quite frail besides snorlax and weezing. Dugtrio is a bit too frail for me, I prefer Magnezone as he can trap steels, set up subs on them, and really get the sweep going. Dugtrio does that well, but he is extremely frail. Also, Weavile fits better than Dugtrio on your team, he works better than Dugtrio actually to take out Gengar and friends. It seems that your team can be shut down by status, basically saying that Hypnosis will screw one of your pokemon for good, as I used a team similar to this and got screwed by Hypnosis. Try out a restalklax with Curse, or fire blast and crunch.

Mence is usually taken out by Weezing or Gyarados. I haven't had any particular problems with any mence yet.

Thanks for the advice, I work it in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)