Otter Power's Cartoons!

Hello! So I've finally gotten around to making my very own art thread. I've been studying cartoons in-depth for over five years now, and am currently making my own cartoon and comic works. I've always wanted to write my own comic book, but I'm awful at writing/following a plot even though I've got tons and tons of concepts made...

I also do commissions/requests, so if you want any cartoons done for you, send me a message and I can get on it :D

P.S. My formatting is awful and I need to fix it when I can ;w;

Gallery:

Digital Works

(

)

(

)

(

)

(

)

(

)

(

)

(

)

Pencil Drawings

(

)

(

)

Digital Doodles and Characters

(

)

(

)

Concept Book

These are all concepts for my story's universe, if I ever get around to writing one for it.

(
Part 1

Part 2

)

(

)

(

)

Fakemons

(

)

(

)

(

)

(

)

(

)

(

)

That's where the gallery ends so far. I'll keep adding to this as I make more stuff, so stay tuned!

Your game looks really interesting. I love all the background info and how it is done like a book. Please continue with more characters and planets! I also like the squirrel fakemon, an amazing idea

New Work in Progress thing I've been working on recently! One of many new styles I made up and am attempting, here's how it's going so far:

Cebollan Sunrise

I started off with a pencil Drawing on my sketchbook, Kenny and Ponzo look out at a sunset.

Changed the contrast on the drawing, Lowered the opacity, and coloured it with a brush under the image layer. Here, only Kenny and Ponzo are coloured in the foreground.

Here's where I currently am, filling in more of the background bits and pieces. The colours are really desaturated to the white overlay, but it gives it a nice and peaceful and cool feel, like an early morning at Cebolla should be. Just one or two more hours of work and It'll finally be done!

It's been forever, but, New stuff, finally!

First off, here's the finished Sunrise from my previous post!:
NOTE: I've included the links within as well, because for me they all seem to show up as question marks <_<

I'm starting to use Photoshop over GIMP more often because of how smooth I can make the lines with it. Though, I sorta feel like it's straying off from my original style somehow. I mean, my designs haven't changed very much, but they look very different now. After these I need to start doing more stuff on GIMP for a while .w.

The following was done for Nerina <3

Last edited:
UPDATES!!!
Another super spiffy wallpaper!

This contains my three main characters - Ponzo, Jake, and Kenny, doing a fancy rocking-out pose. I spent FOREVER working on the background, trying all kinds of fancy smudges and things, but in the end, it looked the coolest when I just used my regular vector-y style on the wave :D

Also, I recently got a new toaster. Here is me snuggling it!

And, lastly, I didn't make this, but I really wanna share this photo of my Inkay -- from the Tokyo pokemon centre!

This thing is just so so so so so so so adorable, and snuggly beyond words. It's life-size, and I can wrap my arms around him perfectly. It's made out of velvet, so I have a lot of fun rubbing him one way to make it look messy, and then brushing him down again, looking all clean.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I updated this, but, yay, here's more stuff! All this time I've known lots of fancy cartoon techniques, but have been clueless when it comes to good shading. Well, I've learned it, and here are some new pictures with them! (Warning: Flipping huge image files ahead, So I'm going to include Direct Imgur links as well.)

This first one was Commissioned by TheGreatLeon19. It's SolarisFox dressed as "Sol" from the Guilty Gears series. I don't think I can ever wear a belt again. (http://i.imgur.com/ITdG4Kh.png)

Next up, is my contest entry for this month's art contest, "First Battle". In it, an Inkay decides to fight back on an antagonistic Mightyena that's been terrorising him and his trainer. "This time... I fight!" (http://i.imgur.com/Am8dLpi.png)

Dedicated to my snuggly Inkay plushie in an above post ^w^

Bonus: My shading practice with Kolton the Kangaroo, one of my own characters. It was my first piece with multi-tones and extreme light/dark conditions. (http://i.imgur.com/XYxXsPH.png)

So that's all for this update! See you, and may you be blessed with lots of fluffy snuggles!

MOAR NEW STUFFFF
Yes! More items to post!

User of Shadows this is for you <3. UoS' character is ethereal, mine is Kenny, and this is her biting on my tail.

Up next is my poison/electric Electray (Name really really pending) I made for this month's CAP! The theme is a Pokemon that puts you in trouble if you faint it, so I combined a manta ray with the spikes of a lion fish. This is something you don't wanna touch, let alone kill.

Last part of today's feature is an animated gif! I haven't animated in years and years, but it looks like I haven't lost my touch. I like it so much it's my avatar and siggy xD.

Here's a version with just the mesmerising tailspin ;3

That's all for this round, thanks for dropping by! <3

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
I think I already told you that I like your style.
It's pretty goofy, clean and drawn pretty unique. It's what I'd expect for a cartoon. I suggest adding more of the actual comics and cartoons :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)