ORAS UU Viability Rankings V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
the ladder has never been a mirror of the metagame because you can find any type of team, with any pokemon, quick example (Vaporeon, is a pokemon used in ladder but not very helpful because there are pokemon that make his job very better), obviously the teams are preparing to Hydra, just because it is a huge threat in the metagame, same thing for the other S rank.

Reactions: ehT
Hydreigon is the highest threat to the most of the teams and the most of the playstyles. And, I can't believe in you at all, because if a team has 3 Pokémon that resist Hydreigon on ladder, this team need to have 2 fairies and blissey, am I wrong? Lol, your arguments are completely non-sense.

Also, any discussion about rising both Beedrill- and Sharpedo-Mega to A+? I think that they're better rn

I guess I'm just struggling to view it's potential objectively. Half of the teams you find from 1500 elo + seem like they almost accidentally have at least 3mons which make Hydreigon a complete nonfactor in battles. Properly built HO, Bulky Offense, Balance and Stall teams should never really have a problem with it.
I think I've built plenty of "proper" HO teams and Scarf Hydreigon is one of the absolute worst mons to face. It's one of the reasons I almost always had to check the "strong prio vs Hydrei" box specifically when building (your answers here are Infernape and Mamoswine, neither of which OHKO). Dragon resists are few and far between on HO teams, it's usually something like offensive Empoleon or Cobalion (the latter of which is a semi-useful Hydreigon check because it can "take advantage" of -2 Hydrei). But those are not terribly sturdy responses, and you end up having to plan your game many turns in advanced to avoid getting swept by Scarf Hydrei.

BO teams should have the easiest times vs it with things like MBlastoise and co, but this is where stuff like the LO version become wildly more threatening. BO team staples like Suicune, Entei, Krook, etc. are all not terribly great in front of Hydrei.

Balance is similar, but 99% of balance teams put on Florges or Sylv and call it a day as far as specific Hydreigon checks go. Coincidentally, LO Iron Tail is one of it's best sets.

Stall is probably the worst though. Taunt Roost gives issues to almost every single stall team. Take a look at Christo vs Manipulative recently in UUPL. Christo's team has a Blissey and the Hydreigon doesn't have Superpower and it STILL is a major factor throughout the match.

For those of us that are not elite tournament players, could you please substantiate this? I'm looking at the list and having a hard time believing it. I understand something like Suicune but can't see how you beat Salamence (which outspeeds you if it wants to), Cobalion (which doesn't die from your attack and can OHKO) etc. among others.

Maybe this belongs in the "Other Questions" thread but it would help a lot with education (or even a "Hydreigon FAQ" ... I had been using Hydreigon for months and, while it's good, I have no idea why it's S rank either!)
MAero - doesn't take scarf dracos without having roost (less common right now), doesn't OHKO ever and dies to LO draco like 50% of the time from full
Salamence - scarf set is generally not the best and is rare, so Hydrei's scarf set wins out in 99% of cases
Suicune - Taunt Roost makes Suicune a nonentity
Entei - Hydrei resists STAB and OHKOs after rocks (and like 50% of the time w/o them)
Mega Swampert - Rain Dance / Ice Punch is a bit tricker for Hydrei to be fair, but the bulky ones lose to taunt LO immediately
Alakazam - dies to scarf
Cobalion - dies to scarf
Mamoswine - ada LO shard doesn't OHKO, dies to draco 100% of the time
Gyarados - trickier for the Hydrei player but LO wins because ice fang is a silly option most of the time, you taunt the sub or DD and just pulse
Florges - LO iron tail etc.

Now obviously it cannot be all of these things at once, but that's not what you're supposed to do. When building your team see what the rest of your members struggle with an literally customize this to beat the common sets of whatever it is you don't like facing. There are so many unexplored options its outrageous, even Choice Band is good

Frankly I think it's the best mon in the tier and it's almost comical someone would nominate B-

If you're playing the battle correctly there's almost 0 reason for a team with a Hydreigon to have any pressure. There are way too many fat mons in the tier for the scarf variant to have any impact and the life orb variant loses to almost every decent sweeper in the tier. There is no perfect situation where a reasonably adept player will let a Hydreigon have a 1v1 match up where it has pressure.

The best 1v1 match up you can reasonably hope for is bringing it in against Doublade clicking SD and not Sacred Sword, your opponent will be expecting either a fire blast or dark pulse, and there are plenty of mons that come in on both of those moves and easily pressure the dragon out.

The problem with Hydreigon is it's so item dependent, once that's revealed it is extremely easy to play around.

What are you even switching it in on? A volt switch? A Chandelure? Who is even clicking an attack with Chandelure if the opponent has a Hydreigon?

All the relevant fire mons in the tier beat it easily, bulky waters laugh at it, and fairies can use it as either set up fodder or to spam toxic, wishes, or choice specs Hyper Voices on the switch.

All the mon does is lose momentum unless you click u-turn for a succulent 10% chip damage.

I don't think Hydreigon is the tiers best Mon (I usually say Salamence) but it certainly is top rank worthy (personally, I'd prefer low S to high A plus, but I'll argue that some other time). It doesn't need all the coverage moves given, in my experience (or not bad enough to give it the four moveslot syndrome you find on some B rank mons), but rather prefers them so that isn't a great counter argument. Hydreigon has great versatility, can bluff more sets ontop of that and has some sets, like scarf, which are some of the most threatening in the tier to a certain playstyle like HO. Scarf is fast and means you almost always must take a hit to attack. LO is potentially devastating. Sure, it has some weaknesses (like faries in general), but this is UU, not Ubers. Pokemon are here for a reason. Sorry for seeming harsh, I just think you went a bit OTT with your nom.

If you're playing the battle correctly there's almost 0 reason for a team with a Hydreigon to have any pressure. There are way too many fat mons in the tier for the scarf variant to have any impact and the life orb variant loses to almost every decent sweeper in the tier. There is no perfect situation where a reasonably adept player will let a Hydreigon have a 1v1 match up where it has pressure.
Many fat mons lose to Taunt + Roost or just LO Superpower / Iron Tail and Scarf makes for a revenge killer that still has a good amount with power with Draco

The best 1v1 match up you can reasonably hope for is bringing it in against Doublade clicking SD and not Sacred Sword, your opponent will be expecting either a fire blast or dark pulse, and there are plenty of mons that come in on both of those moves and easily pressure the dragon out.
What are you even switching it in on? A volt switch? A Chandelure? Who is even clicking an attack with Chandelure if the opponent has a Hydreigon?
Did you even read some of the thing teal6's listed that it can come on? There's even more things it can switch in on, but it's unnecessary to make another list for it
The problem with Hydreigon is it's so item dependent, once that's revealed it is extremely easy to play around.
I get what you're saying here, but LO annoys fat and Scarf annoys Offense, so you just have to hope that it's not a set that doesn't just screw your team
All the relevant fire mons in the tier beat it easily, bulky waters laugh at it, and fairies can use it as either set up fodder or to spam toxic, wishes, or choice specs Hyper Voices on the switch.
No, Taunt + Roost annoys the shit outta fat waters anyway, and

True, this attack doesn't have the best accuracy or coverage, but it proves that Hydreigon doesn't have to autolose to the pink fairies
All the mon does is lose momentum unless you click u-turn for a succulent 10% chip damage.
Or it can just kill/annoy your team to death, unless you just stacked a bunch of checks and counters on your team, which proves Hydreigon is a big threat worth preparing for anyway
So just to summarize, your argument for Hydreigon being the best mon in the tier is that it has to run scarf, life orb, iron tail, superpower, fire blast, dark pulse, draco meteor, taunt and roost so it doesn't just lose to a random mon between B+ and A tier?
Not every set is perfect in every situation, but it has a great amount of options which all have their good/great matchups against every style, unless, again, you stacked like 3 or 4 counters/checks on your team so you don't lose to it
Top tier mon confirmed.
Yeah, its firm S ranking and the majority of the UU community does confirm this so lol. Even if it DID fall, it's DEFINITELY not falling alongside Qwilfish, Shuckle, and Arcanine, while all have their niches, aren't top-tier threats at all

Last edited:

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
So just to summarize, your argument for Hydreigon being the best mon in the tier is that it has to run scarf, life orb, iron tail, superpower, fire blast, dark pulse, draco meteor, taunt and roost so it doesn't just lose to a random mon between B+ and A tier?

Top tier mon confirmed.
I think your problem is you're looking at Hydreigon in a vacuum, and that isn't how we decide a pokemon's viability. Of course it can't beat every single Pokemon in the tier with one set; if it could, it would've been banned a long time ago. If we're going by your logic, none of the S rank Pokemon should be S rank, since they all have checks and counters. What makes Hydreigon a top tier threat, however, is its ability to pick and choose its counters based on the team it's on. It has the ability to beat almost every single Pokemon in the tier 1v1 with the right set. And depending on your set, you have five additional team slots to cover whatever the Hydreigon set you're running can't. I think once you start looking at what Hydreigon brings to a team, instead of what Hydreigon does with any one set, you'll understand why it's ranked where it is.

Man, you can't simply say: "HURRR DURRRR, I NEED TO NOM TE BEST POKÉMON IN THE TIER TO B- BECUZ I THINK DAT DIS IS GARBAGE"... Teal6 already explained to you that Hydreigon is a very hard switching Pokémon that can threat any Pokémon with any move of it's moveset, and lol, if you use those "arguments" (if we can call that an argument), Infernape should be D and Vaporeon could be a Top Tier Pokémon, plz, I'm tired. Hydreigon IS a top tier Pokémonbecause if you need to switch into or revenge kill it, you must have a Fairy-Type or "simply" sack a Pokémon, and no, no one can defeat every single Pokémon in a 1v1, that's like say: "Hahaha, Aerodactyl-Mega is D Rank Material because it can't defeat Bronzong in 1v1, and Bronzong is B Rank and RU". Or: "Vaporeon must be S Rank because it can Roar Suicune without taking any damage".

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hydreigon forces every team to answer it unequivocally. You don't have a fairy, good fucking luck dealing with taunt roost late in the game. You don't have something to take advantage of scarf, have fun losing to dark pulse spam. You ever notice how nearly every team these days has a fairy? Well this isn't a recent trend just because Salamence is here now. Since Hydreigon dropped to UU, Fairies have been nearly mandatory because Hydreigon is just that good.

hey I have some nominations to make :P

Sylveon A- to A
Okay I know for some reason there's some controversy about rising Sylveon?? Quite frankly I think people are stupid to think that Sylveon isn't one of the best mons in the tier as it is. The vastly larger amounts of physical bulk it has in comparison to florges is pretty huge, and its hyper voices hurt like a bitch. It can CM baton pass, which florges can't do, and even as a cm sweeper with no heal bell it can still do better in certain match ups than florges, as it is able to better take on things like Aerodactyl. And sylveon is just far more powerful than florges. Obviously though, the 2 main sets that distinguish Sylveon are specs and wish/protect. Wish/protect sylveon is heavily underrated; I don't know why people don't see how fantastic of a set it is. I guess due to the fact that wish/protect is worse on Florges than CM is, people may be thinking florges is simply a better choice than Sylveon. Really though, the large wish passes and physical bulk actually make a large difference. The specs set's niche is p obvious too, it fucking nukes everything (sptacker that 2hkos p2 w/ STAB + rocks makes me cry). It's slow but has the bulk to easily force trades vs offense, and its a bitch vs balance or BO which commonly use florges or sylveon as the only special tanks lol. Even does great damage to spdef resists like tentacruel and has coverage options like psyshock hp fire.

Sceptile A to A+
Didn't I have this at A+ before?? Idk why this was changed (or maybe it was never A+ and Im misremembering). Anyway sceptile is so good for obvious reasons; Sceptile has great sptack and speed and the coverage to kill basically everything. It's fantastic vs offensive since it outspeeds most things and OHKOs the majority of the best offensive pokemon in the tier with modest. Bulky offense or balance needs dedicated special walls like P2/Florges/Sylveon, but even then, p2 can take 40-some percent from focus blast, and Florg/Sylv take like 55% from leaf storm. These mons are forced to recover right after and give other threats a free switch.

Rotom-c B+ to A-

Still the best electric type in the tier. Rotom-c is probably the best offensive suicune counter and hits like a truck with leaf storm. Elec/grass STAB is great, and it can use signal beam to OHKO celebi, Hydreigon (w/ rocks), and Sceptile. Leaf storm does like 80+% to offensive variants of whimsicott, and does a great deal to max HP whims too (max hp whims lol). Also, it can opt to use trick to make things like blissey basically ruined, or to severely cripple florges.

Flygon C- to Unranked
Flygon's rank is inexcusable I think. The mon is pretty useless lol.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
re: Hydreigon

It's not just how many Pokemon it can 1v1 or how hard it is to switch into. Usual team composition means that almost every balanced team has a key defensive slot that can easily be taken advantage of by Hydreigon, usually defensive Water-types (Swampert, Slowking, Tentacruel, etc) or Steel-types with a secondary typing weak to Dark (Bronzong, Doublade, etc). The handful of defensive Waters or Steels that fare better against Hydrei (Milotic, Escavalier, Empoleon) are heavily pressured by Taunt and/or Hydrei's STAB moves. Cores that include a Fairy-type are admittedly safe from a lot of its sets, but those with Steel- and possibly Fighting- or Fire-type coverage still do a great job of pressuring common cores because the things that can switch into Taunt-less Hydrei are either forced to recover after taking a ton from Draco Meteor (thus giving the Hydrei user a free turn) or can't heal and are liable to being worn down over a match.

And that's just defensive cores. Krookodile, Electric-types, Chandelure, Mega Houndoom, and a few other 'mons are pretty easy for Hydrei to switch in on and fire off its powerful STAB moves; Entei, Heracross, Toxicroak, slightly weakened Nidoqueen, and other slower wallbreakers easily lose to it 1v1 as well. There are a ton of Pokemon commonly seen on balance and bulky offense that Hydrei can take advantage of, making it one of the best wallbreakers in the tier.

Teal covered Scarf Hydrei's matchup against hyper offense teams in good detail so I don't need to get into that.

Yes, there's no one Hydrei set that can do everything a Hydrei can possibly do or get a good matchup against everything in the tier. If there was, it would be broken. There is, however, pretty much always going to be at least one Hydrei set that heavily threatens any given team, if not more.

Calling on Hydreigon to move down is like beating a dead dragon. We know what it does in UU and why it should be S rank (explained in the previous posts). Literally one or two users called for it to move down and those seem rather inexperienced (few posts) or deliberately trolling.

A more relevant post: I agreed with Sylveon moving up and therefore agree with Omfuga's Sylveon nomination. The main problem with Sceptile moving to A+ rank was Mega Aerodactyl (which outspeeds if max speed timid and KOs with Aerial Ace). However, after removing Mega Aerodactyl (as well as Mega Beedrill and scarfers such as Scarf Hydreigon), Mega Sceptile becomes a very serious threat, especially for offense. Pairing Mega Sceptile with a physical attacker to get rid of special walls (a la Blissey/Porygon2/Florges) is also a great idea. As such, Mega Sceptile should move up to A+ rank.

hey I have some nominations to make :P

Sylveon A- to A
Okay I know for some reason there's some controversy about rising Sylveon?? Quite frankly I think people are stupid to think that Sylveon isn't one of the best mons in the tier as it is. The vastly larger amounts of physical bulk it has in comparison to florges is pretty huge, and its hyper voices hurt like a bitch. It can CM baton pass, which florges can't do, and even as a cm sweeper with no heal bell it can still do better in certain match ups than florges, as it is able to better take on things like Aerodactyl. And sylveon is just far more powerful than florges. Obviously though, the 2 main sets that distinguish Sylveon are specs and wish/protect. Wish/protect sylveon is heavily underrated; I don't know why people don't see how fantastic of a set it is. I guess due to the fact that wish/protect is worse on Florges than CM is, people may be thinking florges is simply a better choice than Sylveon. Really though, the large wish passes and physical bulk actually make a large difference. The specs set's niche is p obvious too, it fucking nukes everything (sptacker that 2hkos p2 w/ STAB + rocks makes me cry). It's slow but has the bulk to easily force trades vs offense, and its a bitch vs balance or BO which commonly use florges or sylveon as the only special tanks lol. Even does great damage to spdef resists like tentacruel and has coverage options like psyshock hp fire.

Sceptile A to A+
Didn't I have this at A+ before?? Idk why this was changed (or maybe it was never A+ and Im misremembering). Anyway sceptile is so good for obvious reasons; Sceptile has great sptack and speed and the coverage to kill basically everything. It's fantastic vs offensive since it outspeeds most things and OHKOs the majority of the best offensive pokemon in the tier with modest. Bulky offense or balance needs dedicated special walls like P2/Florges/Sylveon, but even then, p2 can take 40-some percent from focus blast, and Florg/Sylv take like 55% from leaf storm. These mons are forced to recover right after and give other threats a free switch.

Rotom-c B+ to A-

Still the best electric type in the tier. Rotom-c is probably the best offensive suicune counter and hits like a truck with leaf storm. Elec/grass STAB is great, and it can use signal beam to OHKO celebi, Hydreigon (w/ rocks), and Sceptile. Leaf storm does like 80+% to offensive variants of whimsicott, and does a great deal to max HP whims too (max hp whims lol). Also, it can opt to use trick to make things like blissey basically ruined, or to severely cripple florges.

Flygon C- to Unranked
Flygon's rank is inexcusable I think. The mon is pretty useless lol.
Regardless of whether we think Jonapod's nominations are legitimate or not, this entire thing's actually quite amusing.

Anyway, I agree with the Sylveon nomination only because of the Specs set. Fairy is already an incredibly problematic type both offensively and defensively, and Sylveon's main drive is that it can easily beat its checks and counters (bar Blissey) through sheer Hyper Voice spam. Although we initially valued it rather lowly because of its low Speed, we are starting to see that its natural bulk and sheer damage output is making up for the rest of it. Furthermore, we're starting to see a wee bit of the team-building constraint that Sylveon puts on more balance- or defensive-oriented teams.

I think A is fine for Sceptile. None of the new drops (or any changes occurring from that) affected Sceptile's viability in any way, in my opinion. The Sylveon drop prompted a spike in Escavaliers (which already increased thanks to Zam), a good check to a lot of UU Special attackers including M-Scept. Not to discredit it as a good mon, but it's fine where it's at.

I really have no opinion on Rotom-C, mostly because I have never used it. I can understand the benefits of using RotC, but I'm just curious: the OHKOs on Celebi, Drei, and M-Scept are all assuming Specs, correct?

I'll probably write more on Flygon later. I feel like it still has something to offer in this metagame as a Defensive Defogger that can pressure some common SR setters and block Volt Switches (especially since a number of common Volt Switchers (Rotom-C, weird Cobalions, Forretress) don't really run Ice or Dragon coverage anymore). However, I can see the reasons behind a decision to unrank Flygon.

Last edited:

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
A -> A+
Krookodile is easily one of the most threatening wallbreakers in the tier. The CB set has very few switch-ins; off the top of my head, the only pokemon that can 'reliably' switch into standard CB Krook are physically defensive Whimsicott, Chesnaught, and Mandibuzz (though it can run a coverage move over Superpower to hit them super effectively). Often times, people rely on their bulky water as their Krook check, and with Milotic and Slowking rising in popularity in this role (both of which cannot switch into CB), it has an even easier time blowing holes in the opponent's defensive core. It also provides a lot of utility to the team with Intimidate and Pursuit, allowing it to switch into a decent amount of the tier and trap fat psychics and ghosts like Slowking and Doublade. It also makes a fantastic rocker and can even run Taunt to annoy passive hazard setters like Forretress. I honestly view this thing on the same level as Mamoswine, as both have amazing dual STAB, are incredibly hard to switch into, and provide some form of defensive utility through their typings and abilities. Definitely agree with this.

A -> A+
Mega Sceptile is definitely a great mega, but I think it's perfectly fine in high A. It has fantastic matchup versus offense with its amazing speed tier, great special attack, and solid movepool. Had this nom been made prior to the recent drops, I probably would've supported it. However, I believe the shift in the meta due to Sylveon and Celebi has hurt Mega Sceptile quite a bit. The two drops themselves can check / counter it, and Sylveon in particular has caused an increase in usage of bulky steels, many of which cause further problems for Mega Sceptile. Bronzong in particular comes to mind, which easily stomachs any hit and 2HKO's at worst with Gyro Ball. Escavalier has also seen an increase in usage and can stop sets lacking HP Fire (which is a majority of them). Because of this, I believe it should stay in A.

A- -> A
Not on the discussion slate, but I think Empoleon is incredible in the current meta. While the specially defensive set is sort of mediocre in my opinion, the offensive Shuca Berry set provides a ton of utility and role compression while checking many of the tier's top threats. Three Attacks + Defog / Rocks checks the following pokemon: Hydreigon, Mega Aerodactyl, Salamence, Entei, Mega Swampert, Mamoswine, Non CB Krookodile, Mega Sceptile, Mega Beedrill, and Nidoqueen, and that's only S through A-. It is invaluable on offense as a one-time check to the above threats and hazard setter / remover, and because of that I believe it deserves to move up.

I don't really agree with Sceptile-Mega rising. I mean, comparing to the others A+ mons right now, that are A+ either because of how splashable they are and how they're still able to do quite well since they've risen to A+, Sceptile's doesn't profit much from the recent drops, especially sylveon. Not only that, but because of other dragon type mons such as Hydreigon and Mence, that're much more common than Mega Sceptile, everyone runs at least one steel/fairy type, so even with it's good coverage moves it's still checked by stuff like Florges and Whimsicott (Florges takes at least 49% from leaf storm yes, but unless it's the mixed with a rash / mild nature and Iron tail, it will fail to kill it anyway, and having to deal with 8 pp only sucks). Sceptile is also so, so frail it basically can't switch on almost anything but electric type mons thanks to Lightingrod. It's a great late game cleaner yes, but I def don't see a reason to how the metagame has shifted on it's favor, not with the rise of steel / fairy types on the tier.

I agree with the Empoleon nomination, too. It's spdef set is really good for both BO and Balanced playing styles right now, since stuff like florges are having a hard time against the recently dropped Sylveon. Not only that, but it's movepool is so great (rocks, defog, ice beam, roar, toxic, and even grass knot for those pesky swamperts) it's able to perform at least OK on offense, besides being able to do a role compression of a rocker and defogger at the same time. To be honest the only thing it suck at is the fact that it doesn't have any way of recovery besides rest. But it's splashability and stats are more than enough to rise up, imo.

I disagree with Empoleon's nom, this thing loses momentum drastically and lack a reliable recovery when a grounded defoger sucks. Fighting- and Ground-Types are more and more common rn, and I think that Empoleon is used because it is a "safe" switch to Sylveon and a Defoger, but Crobat do this role better IMO. Anyway, I strongly disagree with this nom. Also, the Specially Defensive Set is too much passive and lose to common things like Toxicroak and Heracross, but the Offensive Defoger is very frail, it can't even switch in a Giga Drain came from Modest Sceptile-Mega.

M-Scept is fine where it is. Since Sylveon is starting to gain notoriety, people are probably going to use stuff like Escavalier a bit more to counter it, which is also a decent matchup against our jolly green dragon.

Empoleon rising isn't too farfetched. The SpDef set has gotten sooo much better now that Sylveon is around, since it's only 4HKOed with maximum investment.Celebi may kind of give it a harder time since NP is a thing, but it shouldn't really affect it too much.

Going back a bit on one of the previous noms, Crobat definitely deserves to rise to A-. It's got more usage now that Zapdos is gone, and the new drops just made it better. I've been using Choice Banded Bat recently, and I'm loving it.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If you want to argue the merits or lack thereof of a particular Pokemon, please continue to do so. If you want to attack people, make fun of them or issue inflammatory statements that don't contribute to the discussion at all, take it elsewhere.

Multiple infractions have already been handed out and posts have been deleted because people can't seem to keep things civil or relevant. Could you be next? Stay tuned!!

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
then, I agree with Omfuga for Mega Scep rise, he really deserves, right now is becoming more and more popular and definitely does a good job against offensive teams that are among the most common now, it also has the advantage of being in a tier that is full of very good and used water-type, so it generally has some work to do against any team; Also I would like to propose Feraligatr drop to A-, Fera dropped a lot in usage after the appearance of Gyara in Tier, also now at this moment I find it very disadvantaged, because there are several grass types like mega Scep, Shaymin, Celebi, and some revenge killers as Scarf Salamence , Scarf Hydra anf Heliolisk who can and put pressure in the game, in this graph we can see clearly the decline in usage of Fera and the rise in usage of MScep during the last month.

About Flygon, it was unranked in the last VR thread, and it got a rank after the introduction of C+ and C- ranks. While Flygon has a nice offensive and defensive typing in Dragon/Ground, with a great movepool, which could turn it into a good offensive mon, pivot or defensive wall, it actually doesn't have enough bulk to wall what it is supposed to wall or a great attack stats to justify using it over Hydreigon or Salamence in UU. I do believe he might works in UU much like Gligar, with Defog, EQ STAB and things like a slow u-turn, but I haven't used Flygon in a while and I don't feel like researching this mon rn to see if it works. If anyone feels up to it, gl, but for now I am supporting Flygon for Unranked, as I don't think it has any business in UU.

Hm I disagree with M-Scep rising too but I won't ellaborate anything as I think everything was already said. I agree with other noms, especially CB Krook rising - this thing is a monster lol

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah, Flygon sort of had a (small) niche when Zapdos was in the tier, but now I think it mostly is irrelevant. A Defogger that resists one hazard and is immune to the other three is theoretically neat, but without something like Zap to come in on it's mostly just going to be a wasted teamslot. I'd be fine seeing it go unranked.

then, I agree with Omfuga for Mega Scep rise, he really deserves, right now is becoming more and more popular and definitely does a good job against offensive teams that are among the most common now, it also has the advantage of being in a tier that is full of very good and used water-type, so it generally has some work to do against any team; Also I would like to propose Feraligatr drop to A-, Fera dropped a lot in usage after the appearance of Gyara in Tier, also now at this moment I find it very disadvantaged, because there are several grass types like mega Scep, Shaymin, Celebi, and some revenge killers as Scarf Salamence , Scarf Hydra anf Heliolisk who can and put pressure in the game, in this graph we can see clearly the decline in usage of Fera and the rise in usage of MScep during the last month.

I don't think we should blow off Gatr that quickly. Although its SD and DD set face competition from Crawdaunt and Gyarados, respectively, its Special attacking set is severly underrated in the current metagame. Scald, Ice Beam, and Focus Blast offer it solid, all-around coverage in this metagame. Furthermore, many people are quite under-prepared for AgilityGatr, which in of itself is a nice cleaner that can bypass M-Scept, Shaymin, and a lot of traditional Feraligatr Revenge killers. I think it should stay in A for that reason.

Reactions: Sun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)